Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement One

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"That's all I wanted. Something special, something sacred. In your eyes…"

AN: All useful comments are very much welcome;p

Lady Une walked into her apartment wearily and took off her coat. She hated funerals. She had been to enough to last a lifetime. The only thing about this one that gave her any consolation was seeing her mother again. It had been over several years since she saw the Countess again. It was strange to see her normally regal mother abandon her decorum and hug her in grief. The passing of loved ones often does bring the survivors together. It was sad that it was what it took sometimes.

She sighed as she sat on the couch. She hit the videophone to check her messages. "Victoria, this is a note to self. Go over the security debriefing…" her voice played back. Lady Une pushed the skip message button. "No new messages."

"No surprise there," she commented as she rolled her eyes. She raised an eyebrow suddenly as something on the coffee table caught her eye. A floral arrangement of Forget-me-nots sat elegantly arranged in a white porcelain vase. She stood and walked to them curiously as she pulled out her gun from garter holster.

Moments later she holstered her gun, after being assured that her apartment was empty. She stood in front of the arrangement and smelled them. She lifted the card from the little plastic holder. "My sympathies on your loss. I hope these help you remember them always," she read aloud. She blushed slightly as realized who the arrangement. "Commander Yuy is becoming bold breaking into my apartment," she thought.

This was not the first time he had left something for her, though usually she found his gifts in her office. It had only been a few times Christmas, Valentine's and her birthday. She had been trying to ignore them, but a part of her didn't want to. She liked the attention though she could never admit it. It was time for her to lead a normal life. She was alone now that Mariemaia was off at school on Earth. She was twenty-three now and being the lonely witch was going to get old it was already starting to. "Commander Yuy is attractive," she thought practically as she sat down at her computer. "Hmm."

%%%

Heero tapped away at his laptop while sitting on his bed. His stomach growled and a wave of hunger washed over him that he just could not ignore. He closed the program that he was working on and walked into the kitchen. He frowned as he opened the refrigerator. "Hmm, I should have went shopping earlier," he said aloud, looking at the empty shelves. He closed the refrigerator and started for the door as he grabbed his jacket off the couch. "Lady Une," he said in surprise as he opened the door.

Lady Une coughed. "Commander, did I come at a bad time?" she asked seeing him zip his jacket.

"I was on my way out, but I have a few minutes," he answered. He motioned for her to come in.

"I won't take up too much of your time," she commented. She held a medium sized box in her hands "I noticed…that you are twenty today and I thought you might appreciate this."

Heero's eyes widened slightly then narrowed. No one knew when his birthday was. He didn't know whether to be touched or annoyed. The box moved slightly and curiosity took over. He took the box and opened it. Brown eyes stared up at him followed by a brown nose sniffing its surroundings. Heero went to lift the animal when it crawled up his arm and into his jacket. "Hey," he said in surprise as the animal started to move around inside of his jacket. He laughed as the ferret moved around some more and finally became comfortable. It stuck its little brown head out of the top the jacket to look at him. "Hi, there," he said as he tilted his head. The ferret looked at him then licked his chin causing Heero to laugh out loud.

Lady Une watched the scene in amazement. She never would have imagined that he would have taken to the animal so well. The whole scene was heart warming. She had never seen Heero in a whimsical light before; of course he had surprised her many times since she had known him and probably would continue to do so. "I'm glad you like him."

"Thank you," Heero commented. "I think I'll call him Roger."

"Interesting name."

"I think it suits him," he replied as Roger climbed out of his jacket and onto his head where it fell asleep.

Lady Une covered her mouth to hide her laughter at the scene. "Excuse me," she coughed. "Well I better be going. I'll see you in the morning, Commander." She started for the door.

"I was about to get something to eat," Heero commented slowly. "I want you to join me."

"Commander, are you asking me out?" Lady Une asked in clarification.

Heero took a deep breath as he felt more confident. "Yes, I am." He took Roger off of his head and placed him in his box carefully. "And I prefer to be called Heero, Victoria."

Her eyebrow raised in amusement. No one, but Treize, ever called by her first name or knew it for that matter. "I accept, Heero," she replied.

"I had a lovely time," Lady Une said warmly as they reached her apartment hours later. "I'd like to do it again sometime." She punched the door combination and opened the door.

"I would like that," Heero commented. The evening had gone better than his wildest hopes.

"Thank you for seeing me up," she said as she cut on the light. "I have to say, Heero, you surprised me. I never thought…" her sentence trailed as he kissed her.

"Good night," he said softly as walked down the hall.

Lady Une stood blinking in a daze. She flushed when she realized that she had been standing there for over ten minutes. She shut the door quickly and chastised herself for staring off into space like an idiot. "There's a lot more to you than meets the eye, Mr. Yuy," she said softly as shut off the light. She walked into her bedroom to change into her bedclothes. Moments later she laid her head on her pillow and smiled as she touched her lips. She could still the warmth of lips imprinted on them. "Good night, Heero." She shut off her lamp.

Down below, Heero sighed as he saw the light in her bedroom go out. He touched his lips absently. He had surprised himself as well when he kissed her. He had been thinking about it through the whole date, but he never expected to actually be that bold. This was the best birthday he had ever had.

%%%

"Hey, Heero were you last night?" Duo asked as he rolled up, in his chair, to his friend. "I saw the craziest thing on TV and wanted to tell you about it."

"Out," he answered not looking up from his terminal.

"Isn't that the program you were working on yesterday. I thought it would be finish by…You we're getting laid! I knew it was all a matter of time," Duo commented as stood. He grabbed Heero's head and started giving him a noogie. "I want to know all the details."

"Cut it out." Heero pushed from the American's embrace. He was in a giving mood today and didn't want to pull out his gun, however, the braided baka was testing him. "I went to something to eat."

"Have you no shame, Maxwell?" Wufei asked as he shook his head.

"Not really," Duo commented. He looked backed toward Heero. "So when are you going to finally put the moves on the colonel? We're getting bored watching you staring at her when you think no one's looking."

Heero raised an eyebrow. "Duo," his tone warned.

"He does have a point there, Yuy," Wufei commented. "This is growing tedious and pathetic. I expected more action from you."

"Heero is moving at his own pace," Quatre said in Heero's defense. "He'll tell her about her feelings when he's ready."

"Do you think it's wise to talk about this right now?" Trowa asked. His visible eye looked toward Lady Une's office.

"There's nothing to talk about," Heero said. His tone was final making everyone go back to their work, except Duo.

"Wu-man does have a point. You need to get the lead out and make a move before someone else does, though I don't know anybody else that…" his sentence trailed as he stared down the barrel of Heero's gun. "We'll talk later," he mouthed as he sat in his chair and rolled over to his desk.

"Baka," Heero muttered as he put his gun away and went back to work. He never seemed to be able to keep anything going on in his life from them. He didn't know whether or not it was good thing. "I'm going to the lab," he informed them as he packed his things and left.

"No good will come from annoying him about it, Duo," Quatre scolded as soon as Heero left.

"Maybe not, but it's still fun," Duo replied as he put his hands behind his head. "Besides, he's actually looks happy when he's with her. They're made for each other. Shinigami has a soft side you know."

"If you want to help the situation don't try and embarrass him," Quatre advised.

"You are no fun, Quatre," Duo sighed. He leaned back in his chair. "I guess I could try and mellow out, but I'm not going to promising anything."

Inside her office, Lady Une sat in thoughtful silence. It had been unusually difficult to stay focused on the paperwork to day. Her mind kept going back to last night and the kiss that they shared. She tried to push it out of her mind, but it had been a long time since she had felt this feeling. It came through clear and precise, she liked him.

"Transmission from the President George Michael of Earth Sphere," a secretarial voice informed.

"Put him through," she replied in her usual down-to-business tone. The President's face appeared on the screen. "How may I help you, Mr. President?"

"Colonel Une, I wanted to talk to you about the Scarlet Ball. It has been moved from next week to this week, tomorrow in fact. Several conflicts in schedules were the caused for the sudden movement. I assume that you and the other higher ranking officers will be there this year."

"There is no telling what might arise that might need our services," Lady Une commented, "especially with the sudden change."

"Lady Une neither you nor the other commanders have ever graced us with your presence at the ball. I expect all of you to be there, especially you. It is important that you get to know the other foreign dignitaries that help support Preventer funding, if you get my drift."

"Yes sir," she said reluctantly. "We will all be there."

"Thank you, Colonel Une," the President smiled. He had just accomplished one of the harder tasks of his new presidency. "I look forward to seeing you and the commanders."

Une nodded. "Une out," she said as the screen went black. She placed another call then sat back and frowned. It had been a matter of time before she would have been caught; at least she wouldn't be alone.

Lady Une opened her office door and stepped outside. She walked into the Commander office and stood in the middle. "I have just been informed that the Scarlet Ball has been moved from next week to this week, as in tomorrow, due to a conflict in several prominent people's schedules," she informed as she looked at her subordinates. "It is expected that higher ranking Preventers attend so I suggest you get your tuxedo now, if you haven't already."

"Don't they think we have better things to do?" Duo said annoyed.

"I understand your feelings," Lady Une replied. "These functions can get tiresome, but they are necessary evil at times."

"Then you won't mind if I skip out in favor saving the peace," Duo challenged.

She raised an eyebrow. "Commander Maxwell, I understand your plight, however, if I must attend this function then you will attend as well. All of you."

"Yes, ma'am," Duo replied half-heartedly.

"Oh and I took the liberty of holding a tuxedo for each of you so you wouldn't be put in dire straights." She walked backed into her office.

Duo leaned back in his chair and sighed. "I guess it won't be so bad rubbing elbows with stuffy politicians, they'll be free eats."

"Maxwell, you never ceased to amaze me with your lack of decorum," Wufei snorted.

"Thanks Wu-man, I make a special effort for you," Duo retorted.

"The Scarlet Ball does have potential though," Quatre commented to stop Wufei and Duo from going back and forth.

"How so?" Wufei asked.

"This would give Heero the opportunity to see Lady Une socially."

"You do have a point there, Quatre," Duo replied.

Trowa stood after shutting down his computer. "I have some errands to run," he said then walked out.

"See he doesn't want to go either," Duo commented as he watched Trowa leave. "If it weren't for the fact that there's free food and we'd get to listen in on Heero and Lady Une's date, I'd still try to skip out.

"Again you never cease to amaze me Maxwell," Wufei commented. He went back to work.

Duo shook his head and went back to work as well; not noticing Quatre's disturbed look. "Something's not right."

Note from D-chan:

Father Figure by George Michael is used b/c it's a good song and Bond Girl Blue Productions is using Father Figure in a 11 X 13 music video. There is a method to the madness. I am trying to learn the song.

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.