Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Three

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"Maybe this time is forever….Say it can be…"

Lady Une took a sip of champagne and looked around at the dancing couples. She crossed her legs and looked around wistfully. Heero was no where in sight or the other commanders for that matter. "They probably made their exit like I should, but I some how know I won't get off that easy."

She looked at her watch casually. In an hour, she would be able to graciously leave. She had already did her duty by dancing with some of the foreign ministers and dignitaries. The president should have no complaints. She was more social she would normally be, he would have to just be happy with that.

"Mind if I join you?" Trowa asked, standing behind her.

"No, I…thought you and the others left," she answered.

"I haven't seen the others for last thirty-minutes," he commented, sitting down. "You look miserable."

Lady Une snickered. "That's one thing I admire about you, Commander Barton, you never one to tip toe around a subject."

"I make it a point to call things as I see it," he replied.

"You're right," she said uncrossing her legs. "I achieved my objective, I should leave." A soft beat started to play of an old song. Lady Une tapped her foot gently in time to the music.

Trowa noticed the unconscious behavior through the split in her dress. "You still owe me dance and this is a good song," he urged as he stood. He took her hand and pulled her on to the floor.

"One last dance won't hurt," she sighed as she surrendered to beats of the music. The two swayed in time.

"Sometimes I think that you'll never,

Understand me

But something tells me together

We'd be happy…"

"You dance well, Commander," she commented. He spun her around slowly and held her close.

"Thank you," Trowa replied.

"Where did you learn?" she asked curiously.

Trowa looked at her to see if she was serious. "My sister taught me, while I was with the circus."

"I thought it was a natural talent since you're so light on your feet."

Trowa laughed at her reply. "That's not what Cathy said when I stepped on her feet."

"That's all I wanted

But sometimes love can be mistaken

For a crime…

This time I think that my lover

Understands me…"

Lady Une looked at Trowa's amused expression. It was total surprise to see him at ease with her. Usually, he was guarded in her presence as most people were when she thought about it. "Well we all have humble beginnings and have to start some where."

"Thanks," he said almost shyly.

"Did I say something wrong?" she wondered. "Was acrobatics the only talent you used in the circus?"

"I was a part of Cathy's knife throwing act as well."

She raised an eye brow.

"If you are the desert

I'll be the sea

If you ever hunger

Hunger for me

Whatever you ask for

That's what I'll be…"

"That must have taken a lot of trust," she observed.

"It did especially when she nicked me a couple of times," he commented. "I've learned that if you can remain calm when someone throws knives at you every day, you can remain calm through just about anything."

"You have a valid point," she smirked. She let her eyes drift shut as she listened to the music.

"Greet me with the eyes of a child…

Heaven is a kiss and a smile…

I'll be your father figure

Put your tiny hand in mine

I will be your preacher teacher

Anything you have in mind…

I will be the one who loves you until the end of time."

"I love that song," she sighed mostly to herself as the song ended. She smiled. "Thank you, Trowa. I have to get going." She pulled from his embrace slowly. "I'll see you and the others in the morning."

Trowa nodded. He watched her leave then went off in search of Quatre and the others.

%%%

"You have me confused with someone else," Heero said. He was about to walk around the older woman.

She grabbed his arm and looked into his eyes. "Don't do this, Oji-chan, I know you remember me. It's safe here."

Heero paused in her grip. He hadn't heard that name in a long time. Right now was not the time to trust his emotions. "You have me confused with someone else," he reiterated before pulling his arm away from the woman.

Serena turned around and nearly walked after Heero when she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Ms. Tsukino, he needs to be alone," Quatre warned in his usually soothing manner.

She looked towards the other ex-gundam pilots and saw the serious concern on their faces. Tears started to well up in her eyes, but never fell at another failed attempt to reach out to him. He was always obsessively curious in nature, he would never be able to let this go. She would just have to trust that she still knew her little boy. "You're right, Commander Winner," she said looking into his ocean eyes. Her stare grew somewhat distant. "Please ask him to forgive me for my persistence. He looked like someone I used to know many years ago."

Quatre nodded. "Of course, Ms…"

"Thank you, now if you'll excuse me," she replied. She turned on her heel and started back towards the ball.

"Man, was that ever weird or what," Duo sighed watching the woman walked off. "Heero's mom? She looks kind of young to be his mother. Kinda cute too."

"Duo!" Quatre exclaimed in surprise.

Wufei shook his head. He agreed with Duo's observance, but some vocal opinions were not appropiate. "Let's hope you do not multiply, Maxwell."

Duo raised eyebrow. "Afraid in the revolution you won't be spared, Wu-man?" he asked nudging the ebony eyed boy. "I'll put in a good word in for you."

"Hmphf," Wufei scoffed. There was no talking to the braided man sometimes. He looked towards Quatre. "I think we should leave this to Heero and just keep an eye out for him."

"I agree, Wufei," Quatre said. "If we ask him about it will only piss him off."

"Like we really need that," Duo added. It was time for him to mind his P's and Q's or close enough. If Heero took too long getting over it, then he would work his magic as always. He smiled as he reached some sort of compromise with himself then looked around. "There's something wrong here. Where's Trowa?"

"Over here," Trowa called as he walked up. "Is there something wrong?"

"Hey where were you?" Duo asked.

"I was just around," Trowa answered simply. "What happened?"

"We'll tell you on the way," Duo put his arm around Quatre and Trowa then started walking. "Come on, Wu-man. I know a great place."

%%%

Serena sat at her dressing table braiding her hair before going to bed. She left the ball early telling George that she was not feeling well. He had been concerned and wanted to escort her back to the hotel, but she knew how important the ball was to his work so she begged him to stay and look in on her later. She wanted to be alone anyway.

She sighed as she looked at the picture of her little boy. His unruly dirty blond locks, lively blue eyes, and bright smile that said 'I'll be your cute little boy forever.' If only that could have been true. She knew it then and definitely now. "He looks so different now, but he looks just like Odin as young man. His eyes…I'd recognize them anywhere. He has to recognize me."

"How do you know me?" Heero asked as he stood by the window.

Serena closed her robe and turned around. She stood, "Odin…"

"My name is Heero Yuy," he corrected raising his gun. "Validate your identity."

The older woman nodded and sat back down. She lifted the hem of her night garments to show her right ankle. Heero lowered his gun as he recognized the small tattoo of a six-legged horse. His eyes softened. "Validate your identity," she said lowly. Heero sat on the bed to remove his left shoe. He rolled his sock down and showed an identical tattoo. "Oji-chan," she cried she knelt beside him. She hugged him tightly.

"Mo..ther," he said lowly as he returned her embrace. It had been a long time since she held him and surprisingly he missed it. "I…"

"Shhh," she shushed softly as she rocked him back and forth like when he was a little boy. "We're together now, but it's still not safe. I just couldn't resist. I'm sorry."

"Then it's time," he said softly pulling away from her embrace. "He told me to come back when I knew you were safe."

"What are you going to do?" she asked her fear becoming apparent. She just found him and she didn't want to lose him again not to the same thing she lost Odin to.

"Whatever I have to," he answered simply kissing her forehead. He started for the window.

"You do know your father died a year ago," she commented.

"Yes," he replied, " and that I have a year to handle this."

She bowed her head. If he knew everything, then there was nothing that she could do to stop him. She just wanted to the whole nightmare to be over. "Be careful, Oji-chan. I don't want us to meet again at a funeral like your father and I did."

Heero nodded. "I will come back to you." He stepped out onto the balcony and closed the doors behind him.

%%%

Lady Une opened her eyes slowly at the gentle knocking at her door. She looked towards the clock and saw that it was two in the morning. "Someone has an extreme desire to die," she thought as she put on her robe and walked to the door. She looked peep hole and raised an eyebrow before opening the door. "Can I come in?" Heero asked as he stood in the hall.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked as she motioned for him to come inside. She shut the door behind him.

Heero looked at her hair disheveled from her slumber. Even after just waking up, she was a vision to him and he was going to have leave her behind. He touched her face.

Her eyes widened. "Heero, what is it?"

To answer, he kissed her deeply. He pulled her closer to him as the kiss grew deeper. He looked at her with an eerie intensity. His hand that had been caressing her face trailed downward. She only looked at him shock not sure of what to say. "Victoria," he said lowly. He picked her up in his arms and against better judgement, complicated things.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.