Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bohemian Rhapsady ❯ Movement Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Devon Masterson

Movement Four

Aoi37@hotmail.com

"In your life, just for one moment…"

Victoria reached over and clicked the alarm off. She stretched and looked down at herself then at the empty place that had been vacated beside her. She pulled the sheets closer to her as she realized that last night had not been a dream. She smiled as thought everything that passed between them. A frown crossed her features as she realized that she was alone. She would have liked to wake up beside him; she would talk to him later.

The relationship had taken an unexpected turn when he carried her into her bedroom and she allowed him, no she wanted him, to complicate things. Now, their status was completely in the air. She pulled the sheets back and started for the shower. The warm spray bathed her in warmth and comfort as she held herself. Had last night been a mistake? "Heero's not like that. He doesn't do meaningless things. What passed between us meant something to him and he's been my secret admirer for the last year. He has to feel something for me." She shut the water valve and stepped out of the shower. There would be nothing that she could do until she got to the office.

%%%

Trowa sat at his terminal with the intent of researching documents, but was progressing slowly. His mind kept drifting back to the call he got last night.

"Barton, here," he answered rubbing his eyes sleepily as he answered the vid phone.

"Trowa, I have to take care of something," Heero replied softly. "I don't know when I'll be back, but this has top priority. Let the others know. I attempted to call Duo, but he's too out of it and you know how it is waking Quatre and Wufei."

Trowa nodded thinking how the two calmest of the quintet were the most evil when it came to interrupted slumber. There were many occasions where they even hung up on callers for waking them up too soon. The only difference between the two was Quatre was more apologetic about his behavior where as Wufei considered the rude act as justice served. "Roger that," he commented.

An eyebrow raised slightly unnoticed to Heero, as he recognized his friend's surroundings. His heart dropped when he saw Lady Une sleeping peacefully under blankets in the corner screen. Most would not have noticed the slight stirring of content sleep after the release of sexual tension. He fought to keep his usual stoic face knowing that his friends could detect the slight changes in his countenance. He faked a yawn to help distract Heero from realizing that he had put two and two together. "Is there anything else?"

Heero's eyes softened as he looked slightly to the side where Victoria was sleeping comfortably. His heart wrenched at his next statement not the slightest bit aware of the pain being felt not far from him. "Take care of Victoria for me."

"I will," Trowa said looking into his friend's eyes. She didn't belong with him. He knew that now. All he could do is look after her for Heero until he got back.

"Thank you," Heero replied lowly. "Yuy out."

"Barton out," Trowa commented before the screen went black. He lay back in bed and reached for his headphones. He pushed the repeat button on his player. A soft beat started to play through the headphones. He closed his eyes as he listened to file that he downloaded a couple of hours ago. "I will be the one who loves you until the end of time…"

"Hey has anyone seen Heero?" Duo yawned. "I had a dream that he called me."

"He really did call you," Trowa replied snapping out of his reverie. "He has to take care of some business and he doesn't know when he'll be back."

"Why didn't he call me?" Quatre asked.

"Uh, Q-man, you're a real cool guy once you're awake a while, but if someone wakes you up before you're ready, you're the devil," Duo answered. "If I say it, you know it must be bad. Even I know not to wake up unless necessary."

Quatre flushed. He was about to protest when he thought about it. If Heero didn't bother to call then Duo might not be exaggerating about his morning moodiness. "Well no one's perfect," he sighed then changed the subject. "Did he say when he'd be back or anything?"

"He's not sure," Trowa answered.

"Ms. Tsukino's identity must have been valid," Wufei observed. He didn't bother to ask why Heero didn't call him. He would be the last one that Heero would call plus he knew he was every bit as unfriendly as Quatre was when awoken too soon. "This might take months."

"I just hope he contacts us, if he needs help," Quatre commented. His eyes went to the office at the other end of theirs. "What about Lady Une?"

"He told me to look after her," Trowa said lowly

Quatre noted the look of pain that crossed the taciturn man's face, but said nothing.

"We'll just have to hold down the fort to he gets back," Duo said as he leaned back in his chair. "Shouldn't be too bad."

Trowa pushed the eject button on the CPU and stood. "I'll be in the lab checking on a few leads on the Ocean Group," he said as he walked out.

Quatre looked at his watch. "I have a meeting at Winner Enterprises. I should be back in a couple of hours. Call me on my cell if something about the Ocean Group comes up."

Duo nodded. "Sure thing, Q-man."

Wufei's eyebrow arched in curiosity as he watched the blond Arabian exit quickly. "Some thing tell me that there is more than meets the eye," he observed as he started wading through the hard copies of a stack of files.

"It always is with us," Duo said as he leaned back and started work.

Inside her office, Lady Une leaned against her door. She slid to the ground as her true emotions surfaced in private. She could feel tears liberating themselves from her eyes as she fought inwardly to hold them back. She brought her knees up to her chest and let them finally fall. Heero had left and with no good-bye. Perhaps she wasn't as important as she thought but only a temporary convenience.

%%%

Quatre walked into the lab and watched as Trowa read over some documents while listening to music. "When did that start?" he thought as he walked over to his best friend. He put his hand on Trowa's shoulder.

Instantly, Trowa took his headphones off and paused the file. "Is there something wrong?"

"I was hoping you could tell me," Quatre answered.

"Everything is fine except the information we were looking for on the Ocean Group is taking longer than I would like."

"Trowa, you have been reading the same section screen for the last hour when you were in the office and you're still on it," Quatre pointed out. "How long have you been in love with her?"

Trowa stared at Quatre blankly. He knew it had been a matter of time before his empathic friend would find out his feelings. "She loves Heero, it doesn't matter."

"Trowa," Quatre sighed sadly. He should have noticed. They discussed Lady Une and Heero right in front of Trowa, and he still didn't realize it. It explained so much about his behavior especially the last few months. His eyes widened again when he realized that Trowa had been the secret admirer leaving Lady Une presents. He remembered two occasions when he saw her carrying a gift. His quick, usually observant eyes saw the words 'secret admirer' and immediately assumed that it was Heero.

"Quatre, don't make more of this than it is," Trowa replied. The subject was closed. To reaffirm what his tone had made obvious; he put his headphones back on and played the song that he had been listening to earlier.

Quatre sighed. Trowa was too hurt right now to talk and beating it out of him was not Quatre's way, though he was reconsidering the option if he thought it would fix things. Knowing Trowa's feelings still wouldn't change knowing that Lady Une was interested in Heero and not Trowa. He hated seeing his friends hurting, but this was conflict amongst them. Someone was going to hurt no matter what and there was nothing that he could do.

He walked away when he realized that the song was repeating again for the third time. He could hear it faintly through the headphones. The song seemed somewhat familiar. He had heard it somewhere fairly recently, but he wasn't sure where. "I'm sorry I let you down, Trowa. I could have made it so much easier for you," he thought as he walked down the hall. He pushed the down button on the elevator with a heavy heart.

Father Figure by George Michael

© 2001 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who, Gundam Wing belongs to a whole bunch of rich influential people. I just do this for fun. Everybody knows med/grad school candidates don't have money so suing me if pointless.