Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Bonded ❯ Breifing ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Bonded

Author: dkAdeena (mysticalunicorn22712@yahoo.com)

Archive: www.angelfire.com/magic/mysticalkastle (my site) - eventually

Category: Yaoi/Shounen ai

Pairing: JxG, 1x2

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: None

Spoilers: This will eventually follow the series.

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing. I'm just playing around with the characters.

This disclaimer applies to all parts of this story.

Notes: This is a "before they met in the series" type story that will continue with interaction during the series and Endless Waltz, and maybe after that too -- I don't know because my muse hasn't told me yet.

Thank you to ShadowKano, acting PR person.

Feedback: Please! Rhyanthia needs it to survive and continue plotting against the boys.

Thank you to those of you who have sent me comments, especially priscel who asked about the other three pilots which got this chapter rolling.

Chapter Summary: J and his trainee (who will become known as Heero once the series starts) are about to have a briefing about the other four pilots.

/~ blah blah ~/ J's thoughts

/* blah blah */ Heero's thoughts


Same day as the discussion between G and Duo

The sound of his office door opening caused J to look up from the folders spread across the table in front of him. Four of them, three more than an inch thick while the fourth had only a single page inside – and that was just an email from his mate stating he had finally found a pilot candidate.

"Don't just stand there boy," J grated. "Get in here and sit down. We have a lot to do and only a small amount of time to do it in."

Seeing no need to reply, the one standing in the doorway entered and made his way over to the table where his mentor was seated. Seeing the folders lying on the table he let out a small sigh. /* Why does he have those stupid folders out again? Wait, there's four of them this time. */

"I've updated the files on the pilot trainees from L3, L4 and L5 to reflect what we learned when we visited them," J stated. "I need you to go over them and let me know if I missed anything. There's a summary of changes at the beginning of each. Let's start with L3, shall we?" He pushed the smallest of the three thick folders across the table and sat back, awaiting a response.

The folder was opened and its contents scanned. The only sound in the room for the next few minutes was that of pages being turned. After a few silent minutes, the boy spoke, "I see nothing that needs to be corrected. It is as we observed."

"Is it not interesting," J started after a moment, "that this no name mercenary mechanic is doing as well, if not better, that Barton's own son?"

"The boy has been in and around mobile suits for as long as he can remember," the blue-eyed boy replied. "I would expect him to be better." /* Anyone would be better than Barton's son. Too bad whoever took out the son didn't take out the father. */ With that thought the boy closed the folder dealing with the L3 trainee and passed it back to his mentor.

"What about the boy on L4?" J asked, pushing that folder across the table.

"Your colleague there was lucky to find someone," the boy responded. "That colony is full of pacifists. With the Winner family being in control there, it's no wonder. I'm surprised the heir is the trainee."

"I was a little surprised myself," J agreed before leaning back in his chair again. "Did I miss anything that needs to be in that file?"

After several moments of only the sound of pages being turned, the file was closed and pushed back across the table. J raised an eyebrow in question when the boy made no comment about the file's contents.

"You have entered everything we found out there," the boy replied. "He is rather soft-hearted, but with all the business and political maneuvering he's learned as the heir, he could become quite a strategist." /* He was a sweet looking thing, better than the other two boys, but not what I want or need. */

"Good. I'll mention that in my next email to H," J stated, calmly pushing the third folder across the table. "And what about this one?"

The file was opened, the pages turned, the file closed and pushed back across the table before any other comments were made. "This could prove to be interesting," J's trainee commented. "Which of these two will actually be the pilot has yet to be determined. She would be the better fighter but he would be better all around. He'd get the job done where she would falter." /* Besides, he's the husband and according to their traditions, she should do as he tells her. */

"It's a shame O can't decide which one will pilot his machine," J said, accepting the folder back. Stacking the three folders, he continued, "maybe this war will decide for him."

"Your mate is on L2, correct?" At J's nod the thirteen-year-old boy continued, "What do we know about your mate's trainee?"

"Nothing," J responded. "We knew more about the boy on L3 than we do about my mate's trainee. All I know is that he's roughly six months younger than you, and has been training with my mate for a little over a year."

"No pictures or medical records?"

"If there are I haven't received them," J answered as he slid the thinnest folder he had across the table. "This is all I have on him. I don't even have a name to go by."

"Your mate is hiding something," J's trainee stated without hesitation.

"Possibly," J agreed. "We didn't exactly part on the best of terms the last time I saw him."

A silent, raised eyebrow greeted this statement; a query for more information which J answered after a couple of minutes.

"He had been hiding our fifth son from me for two and a half years. I had gone to get the boy, to train him as I have you, but somehow my mate found out and sent the boy off with one of his assistants before I got there. While we were arguing about the child, another one of his assistants came in and told us the child's caretaker had been shot and the child had disappeared. I told my mate to find the child but so far he has not succeeded."

"Are you sure the child still lives? If he was lost on the streets of L2 it's possible he is dead, from starvation or that plague that went through a few years ago."

"That is true," J replied, "but I still have hope that he still lives. Of five children, he was the only one to survive past birth. He's a survivor. I'm sure he's still alive somewhere."

"Hn," was all the response that J got as his trainee had turned his eyes, and brain, to the contents of the file in front of him.

Five minutes later, conversation between the two was resumed with another question by the trainee. "None of the other trainees were of our race. What makes you think this one will be?"

"A hunch. The way my mate phrased his email telling me he had a trainee," J replied after a moment's thought. Another raised eyebrow caused him to continue with "You read it, just now. He stressed the word 'feel' when he referred to his feelings about the boy."

"Feel?" came the skeptical question.

"Yes, feel," J replied. "You always know when I am approaching you, no matter how quiet I am, the same for me with you. There is a sense, or feeling if you will, that lets us know when another of our race is nearby."

"Is there a difference in the feel of a sire versus a bearer? What if this boy is another sire?"

"Yes, there is a difference," J answered, carefully watching his trainee, "but it is not something that can be described; it must be felt. I do not believe this boy will be a sire. My mate considers him as a son, gets along very well with him. This is not possible at the age you two boys are if he is an unbonded sire. Remember," J chuckled, "one of the other things my mate said about the boy was that I would not be able to train him."

"Why would he say that?" queried the boy. "Wouldn't you be able to train either sires or bearers?"

"No I wouldn't," J replied. "An unbonded bearer, whether he be your own child or not, will not get on well with a bonded sire. The same thing goes for an unbonded sire and a bonded bearer. There would be too much conflict, escalating to a point where the sire would try to kill the bearer."

"Is that why our people bond so young?"

"Yes, even if the newly bonded pair are separated for a few years between a partial bond and a full bond," J replied. "If, as I believe he is, this boy is an unbonded bearer, you will have one week to get to know him and decide if you want to bond with him. It won't be easy.

A thoughtful look appeared on the trainee's face at this statement. Another few quiet moments passed before the silence was broken once more. "What if I want to bond with him, but he rejects me?"

"You will have the week to convince him," J answered. "However, if he still decides he doesn't want to bond with you, we will have to find another candidate. Any more questions? We have two days before we leave for L2."

"Not now," came the curt reply followed by the swift closure of the file folder and its return across the table.

"Return to your training then. I will see you later," J dismissed his trainee from the meeting and his mind, barely noticing the boy's retreat from the room as his mind had drifted to thoughts of his mate and their missing child. /~ Could this boy be our missing son? Have you forgiven me, G? ~/