Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Burnout ❯ chapter 14 ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Konnichiwa Minna!!!

I apologize for taking so long to update!

Same old, Same old. . . this hasn't been beta'd

(I'm still looking for someone if anyone is interested!)

So let me know of any mistakes and I'll fix `em!

Arigato

^-^

Weissangel24

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

Chapter fourteen

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

He drifted in a vast void. There was nothing to see. There were no sounds save his own breathing. There was no sense of warmth, not even from his own body. Nothing to do but drift. Drift.

Alone.

And very cold.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

He could see him drifting off in the distance. Joy and relief filled the blonde's soul as he cried out to the lost boy. "TROWA!" Desparetly, he ran to the boy, "TROWA! I thought you were dead!" He sobbed, as he flung himself into the other boy's arms. "I thought you were dead!"

"I am dead, Quatre." A cold voice stated bluntly, as the blonde was pushed away, "And you killed me."

The boy looked as if he had been slapped, "T-Trowa. . . I. . ."

"Save it, Quatre!" The voice snapped. "I tried to save you! I tried to help you! And this is how you repay me!?"

"No! Trowa! It was an accident! I didn't mean to!" The blonde shook his head in denial. "Please, Trowa!"

"Please, Quatre?" The voice sneered, "What are you begging for? Forgiveness?" The boy let out a haunting laugh, "Do you really expect to be forgiven?"

"No." The smaller boy seemed to shrink in on himself, "I don't ever expect to be forgiven. . ."

"And why should you?" Trowa demanded. "After all. . . you're a MURDERER!" The empty space that surrounded them opened up to reveal a fiery abyss. "MURDERERS BURN IN HELL!"

"TROWA!" The blonde screamed as he fell into the burning flames.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

"TROWA!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

Quatre bolted awake to find someone restraining his flailing body.

"Quatre, calm down." Came the stern order.

Struggling to gain control of his ragged breathing, the blonde blinked several times before recognizing the other boy. "Hiiro. . ." He whispered.

"You okay?"

Hesitantly, the boy nodded, as he looked around his surroundings trying to get a baring as to where he was. He was in his cabin on the shuttle. He and Hiiro were on their way to stopping Wing Zero from reaching Earth. He was dreaming.

"That was one hell of a nightmare." Hiiro commented, noticing how the smaller boy shuddered.

Quatre didn't answer. He just moaned and pulled his knees up to his chest, burying his head in them. He then wrapped his arms around his head to hide his face.

Hiiro frowned. "Quatre," He commanded, "look at me."

"I can't." came the miserable reply.

"It was about Trowa." The Japanese boy noted.

"H-He. . ." the boy struggled to keep his tears at bay. He stubbornly refused to let them fall. "H-He. . ."

"Nani?"

"He said that I killed him. . . That I'm a murderer. . ." Quatre whispered, shaking his head, "He said I was going to burn in hell. . . I. . . He. . . He's right. . . B-but. . . I. . ."

"He made his own choice, Quatre." Hiiro reminded the shaking boy. "He flew into the blast. You didn't intend to hit him."

"I. . . I. . ." The boy shook his head.

"Quatre." Hiiro said, lifting the boy's chin, forcing him to look at him. "Do you remember the last thing Trowa said to you?"

The smaller boy thought for a moment before murmuring a quiet, "No."

"He said, `Turn back into the nice guy I once knew. . .' I don't think that is the thought of a person who would condemn you. It was just a nightmare."

"I deserve it." Quatre bowed his head, squeezing his eyes tightly shut, "I deserve to be condemned to hell. . . I killed him. . . I killed the one person I loved. . ."

Hiiro's eyes widened, "Quatre. . ."

The blonde gasped suddenly realizing that he had spoken that last thought aloud, "Oh, Allah. . ." he choked out burying his face in his hands.

"That's ironic." Hiiro muttered.

"What?" Quatre glanced up.

"Nandemoni." The soldier shrugged off, "You should try and get some more sleep. We'll be catching up to the shuttle in a few hours, You need to be rested for that."

"I can't go back to sleep." Quatre whispered, "Every time I close my eyes, I see him. . ."

"You can't stay awake forever." Hiiro reasoned.

"Don't make me, Hiiro, please. . ." The blonde looked up at him through his pain filled azure eyes, "I don't want to listen to him hate me. . ."

"Quatre. . ." The Japanese boy warned.

"I'll be alright, Hiiro." The smaller boy promised.

Hiiro sighed and turned to leave, "I'm heading back to the cockpit if you need me."

"Okay." The boy whispered.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

His hair was plastered to his face as he wandered the darkened streets in the pouring rain. He had no coat, and his clothes were soaked and sticking to his skin. He had no destination, for he did not know where he was, nor was he sure as to how he got there.

He grimaced slightly as he tripped and jarred the stiff ache in his leg. Stumbling forward, he discovered that he didn't have the strength to catch himself, and soon found himself rushing to meet the cold pavement. The harsh landing wasn't as painful as it should have been, yet, he couldn't seem to get back up.

There was only a single thought drifting around in his head, as he lay in the muddy puddle in the middle of the darkened street. A thought, that didn't make much sense to him. It was more of a plea to a nameless face. A face that brought him a small sense of comfort and hope. The face of an angel.

`Turn back into the nice guy I once knew. . .'

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

"Hiiro, what should we do after we destroy our target?" Quatre asked as he commenced the start up sequence of the stolen Leo he was piloting.

/"Head on to Earth."/ The Japanese boy replied as his image popped up on the blonde's view screen.

"The Earth was very kind to us." The boy nodded in agreement.

/"Are you ready?"/

"Yes." Quatre confirmed.

/"Let's go then."/ Hiiro said leaping out of the shuttle.

The blonde quickly followed, desperate to put enough distance between his Mobile suit and the shuttle, which Hiiro had programmed to self-destruct. "We won't have a lot of time before they pick us up on their sensors." He warned, "They're sure to send out Mobile Dolls to try and stop us."

/"Let them."/ Hiiro answered in his monotone way, /"We can handle them."/

"What if they try to use the Zero?"

/". . ."/

Quatre frowned, "Right. . ." He murmured. The Vayeate and the Mercurius, two Gundams that surpassed the original Gundams weren't any match for the White suit. If it came to a battle between the OZ Leo's that they were now piloting. . . "We might as well forfeit our lives. . ."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

The battle was over rather quickly. The space convoy they were attacking wasn't equipped with Mobile Dolls, and the manned Suits that were sent out as a greeting party contained in experienced pilots.

It didn't take Hiiro long to reach the shuttle, board it and attach the explosives to the white Gundam. "I'm setting this for thirty seconds, Quatre." He warned, "Get your butt out of here."

/"Roger."/ the blonde replied, /"I'll see you on the Earth."/

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

Earth.

It was much more beautiful then he remembered. Between the salty ocean spray to the fresh air that he drew into his lungs, he felt like he had returned to a place where he truly belonged.

"But the colonies will always be my home." He reminded himself, as the wind teased his blonde hair.

"Quatre, We need to go." Hiiro warned, coming out of his damaged Leo. "OZ is sending a search party this way to investigate.

The smaller boy nodded, and turned to the stoic boy. "Hiiro, do you have an idea as to where we're going?"

The Japanese boy frowned, making sure that his weapon was undamaged, loaded and safely secured in the waistband of his spandex shorts. "There is one place. . ." He began, "But I'm hesitant to go there."

"Why's that?" the blonde asked, checking his own weapon, and followed the other boy through the meshy sands. He liked the way beach sand felt different than desert sand. How it was finer and purer.

Hiiro growled low in his throat as the many reasons for avoiding this place filled his mind and realizing that he wanted to voice none of them.

"Hiiro?"

"How is your empathy?" The soldier asked suddenly.

Quatre blinked at the evasive change of subject. He would expect something like this from Duo, not Hiiro; however, he went along with it. "I'm not sure." He replied honestly, "I haven't had much contact with other people, and You've always been impossible to read. . ."

"Keep an eye on it." Hiiro cautioned before lapsing into a silent trek towards the one place he did not want to go, but knowing he had no other choice.

"I will." Quatre promised, before falling silent himself out of respect for the other pilot.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

The image in his mind haunted him as he limped about the city. It still poured. It was still dark. And he was still sopping wet. And Still, he wandered around aimlessly.

"Trowa. . .!?!" A woman gasped out of shock and horror, nearly dropping her umbrella and groceries.

He slowly looked up, peering through the heavy curtain of water laden bangs. She had hair a similar color to his own, and ice blue eyes. Her eyes weren't as nice as the ones belonging to the nameless face in his head, but still, he smiled warily.

"Oh MY GOD!" She screamed as he fell forward, "TROWA!"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

To be continued. . .

Arthor's note: Gomen ne! Gomen ne! I'm sooo sorry for taking so long to update! ::grovels for forgiveness:: My life has just been Hell lately. I just moved into my new apartment, and I've been working my two jobs pulling 16 hour shifts, and I've just been dead tired! AND no time! No Time!! I hate being an adult! It royally sucks!

Anyways, now that I'm done bitching and complaining. . .

The next chapter is more than halfway typed. I'm just trying to find some information and that's holding me up a bit X-x ( I was actually working on that chapter before this chapter, but ssssshhhh, don't tell anyone, it's a secret ^-~)

I've been working on my other fic `Family Ties' so that should (emphasis on should) be updated soon. I've also been hacking my brain trying to sort out a new fic witch (I misspelled this on purpose) is a crossover call `Charmed lives'. I hope to be posting that soon. I have a feeling it'll be a long one ( the prologue is 18 pages typed X-x) so I'm want to finish `Burnout' before I post that, but let me know what you think- `kay!?

Thank you all to those who review! ::flying tackle GLOMP!:: I just love reading what you guys think of my random collection of words.

^-^

Weissangel24