Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Burnout ❯ 16 ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

^-^

I'm on a roll! Another chapter so soon!

I've been working on Family Ties, and will be typing the next chapter for that soon.

 

Please enjoy and let me know what you think!

^-^

Weissangel24

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~< /div>

 

Chapter Sixteen

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~< /div>

 

Duo scowled skeptically at the large tent. "You can't be serious, Hilde."

 

"You need to loosen up, Duo!" The raven-haired girl grinned, pulling on his arm. "Have some fun! You've been way to melancholy lately."

 

"You would be too if you found out that your best friend had blown up your other friend."

 

"I'm sorry." Hilde sighed sadly, "I'm just trying to help."

 

"I know. . ." The braided boy threw her a lop-sided grin. "Eh." He shrugged, "Might as well enjoy it while we're here. Right?"

 

"Right!" She exclaimed, ushering him into the tent.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~< /div>

 

"You may as well show yourself, Hiiro." Dorothy addressed, not looking up from the novel she was engrossed in. "I know you're there and that you're armed."

 

The Japanese boy's glare deepened as he emerged from the shadows of her bedroom, his gun trained on the back of her head. "Then you should also know why I'm here."

 

The blonde girl grinned with evil mischievous, "To have a late night tryst?" She asked coyly as she turned the page of her book.

 

Hiiro growled low in his throat.

 

"If you glare much harder, your face will break." She noted, placing her book down and gliding from the chair with a cat-like grace, "I know, Hiiro. The reason you've come is because of my. . ." She paused searching for a delicate way to phrase it. ". . . toying with my dearest Quatre." She smirked, "You should be grateful. If it weren't for him, my plans to assassinate Miss Relena would have succeeded. He's a hero." She chuckled, "No pun intended."

 

"You stay away from Quatre." Hiiro warned, "And you stay away from Relena."

 

"Let me guess." She sauntered over to him, and wrapped her arms about him flirtatiously, "If I don't, you'll use that gun to kill me." She pouted slightly, "That could be fun."

 

Hiiro glared at her as he freed himself from her. She laughed.

 

"Don't look so hateful, Hiiro." She chided, "You don't have to worry." She smiled, "My grandfather has requested that I return to Romefeller immediately. I leave in the morning. So your precious pilot is safe. And besides. . ." She shrugged nonchalantly, "With Quatre around, who needs Miss Relena."

 

"I will kill you." The Japanese boy swore, leaving the room.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~< /div>

 

"Quatre," Relena beckoned the blonde as he passed by her office.

 

"Yes, Miss Relena?" the boy questioned, from the doorway.

 

She smiled warmly at him, "Please, come in and close the door." The pilot did as he was asked. "Have a seat." She gestured to the chair across from her desk. Quatre sat, wincing slightly as his arm was jostled. "How are you?" The princess asked, a worried note in her tone.

 

"I've had worse." The Arabian replied quietly.

 

"I thought you'd like to know that Dorothy will be leaving us tomorrow morning." Relena said. "So she won't be able to cause you any more trouble."

 

"Thank you."

 

"Also, my informants have alerted me that a man named Rashid has been trying to contact you. . . something about having your Gundam repaired and ready for pick-up?"

 

"Sandrock. . ." The boy blinked in disbelief, "I had blown it up. . . I didn't. . . I didn't think it could be repaired. . ."

 

"If you'd like, you can use my systems to contact him."

 

"Thank you. I appreciate it." The pilot stood and bowed slightly, before turning to leave.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~< /div>

 

He stood in the center of a darkened room. A room free of distractions.

 

The Chinese boy sighed deeply, his mind focused on meditating. The elders of his clan had been pleased with the new Nataku, though they were concerned about the rashness of its pilot. Rashness was a weakness.

 

It showed lack of patience.

 

His eyebrows furrowed at that thought. He was raised to think about honor and strength; and trained to live it. . . Yet a moment never seemed to pass without someone reminding him of just how weak he truly was.

 

He growled with frustration as he lashed out angrily in the darkened room. "KISAMA!" He yelled, driving his fist into the wall behind him. "Why am I so weak!?"

 

"Wu Fei." A little old man addressed from the doorway.

 

The boy blinked in surprise, "Master Wong. . ." he gasped before bowing deeply with respect.

 

"You are troubled, I can tell. . ." The old man observed, "However, about what. . . I could not say. . ."

 

"I am weak." The boy frowned, "and I'm not sure how to get stronger."

 

The master nodded thoughtfully. "Strength such as what you seek is not gained through training, but through living." He said cryptically. "Perhaps you are not as weak as you think?"

 

"I lost."

 

"There is more to be learned from a defeat then there is from a victory."

 

"I could not help my. . . friend. . ." The boy sighed, "I feel useless."

 

The elder chuckled kindly, "My boy, only if you do nothing are you useless. As for not helping your friend. . . you can not do everything by yourself. You are not a one man army."

 

Wu Fei glanced at the floor, contemplating his master's words.

 

"Perhaps. . ." The old man began, "Perhaps the answers you seek lie with the other pilots?"

 

"You want me to team up with them?" the pilot asked skeptically.

 

"I want you to think about it." The elder corrected. "Wu Fei, we will not always be here to tell you what to do. You need to make decisions for yourself."

 

"Yes sir." The boy bowed respectfully, his master's words raging through his head.

 

"MASTER!" A disgruntled martial arts student cried, running up to the elder, "OZ has found this place!"

 

"What!"

 

"They're demanding that we turn over the Gundam!"

 

The old man nodded, "I figured it would only be a matter of time before they did. . ."

 

"Master?" Wu Fei frowned, "Master, what are you saying?"

 

"I want you to take the Altron, Wu Fei. I want you to leave. Now." The elder ordered.

 

The boy was shocked, "But Master. . ."

 

"Wu Fei, Remember what I have told you."

 

The raven-haired boy swallowed hard, before nodding and running off towards his beloved Gundam.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~< /div>

 

The circus was as much fun as Hilde had promised. Duo absolutely loved the various acts that he had watched, and now the show was nearly over.

 

"AND NOW, LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!" the ringmaster announced, "I PRESENT TO YOU CATHERINE, OUR KNIFE THROWING STAR AND HER PARTNER, TROWA!"

 

"WHAT DID HE SAY?!" The braided boy exclaimed, leaping to his feet.

 

Hilde blinked at him in surprise, "That this was the knife throwing act."

 

"No! That girl's partner! What was HIS name?"

 

"Trowa. . . or something like that. . ." Hilde answered, "HEY, DUO!" She protested as the boy climbed over her and disappeared down the isle. "Jerk!"

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~< /div>

 

After the show, the banged boy held his costume in his hands, staring at it through saddened eyes.

 

"Trowa, let me take that for you." The kind young woman offered. "You can finish feeding the lions."

 

"Thanks, Cathy. . ." He whispered, handing over the outfit.

 

"IT IS YOU!" A loud voice exclaimed, as the owner ran up to the frightened circus performer and grabbed him by the shoulders. "I don't fuckin' believe it! Have you told Q yet!? You've got to tell Q! He's been miserable since you disappeared!"

 

"WH-Who are you!?" The banged boy whimpered.

 

"Wha-?" Duo frowned, "Trowa! It's me! Duo!"

 

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" Catherine hissed, pushing the stunned braided boy away. "Leave him alone!"

 

"Lady, I'm just talkin' to him. Jeeze!"

 

The woman's glare deepened, "You want to take him back to the fighting! Well, I won't let you! NOW GET OUT OF HERE!"

 

"Duo. . ." Hilde pleaded, grabbing the boy's arm and pulling him back, "Please, Duo. . . She throws knives for a living. . ."

 

"Trowa. . ." The boy gapped, as he allowed himself to be pulled away.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~< /div>

 

"Thank you, Rashid." Quatre said with a small smile, as he gazed up at his beloved Sandrock. "I really appreciate everything you've done for me."

 

"Think nothing of it, Master Quatre." The Maganuac grinned, placing a hand on the boy's uninjured shoulder. "We're always eager to help you, just say the word."

 

"It's good that you have a moble suit again." Hiiro noted. "I'm contacting Sally Po, so that she can bring the Wing and Heavyarms to us."

 

"Are you thinking of returning to space, Hiiro?" The Sanc princess asked, a note of regret in her voice.

 

"Hn."

 

Quatre nodded, "We should probably call Duo and Wu Fei. . ." He suggested. "I think we're going to need everyone for the upcoming battles. . ."

 

"Rumor has it that Zechs has obtained a Gundam called Wing Zero." Rashid informed, "Have you heard of the suit, Master Quatre?"

 

"I built it." Came the almost inaudible reply.

 

"He can't be allowed to keep it." Hiiro glared.

 

"No, he can't." The Arabian agreed. "That suit is much too dangerous."

 

"Hn."

 

"I'll call Duo. . ." The blonde said, taking off down the hall.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~< /div>

 

//So when will ya be back?// Duo's cheerful face asked.

 

"I'm not sure exactly, but soon." Quatre replied, "Hiiro wants to stop Zechs. I'll probably be going on ahead and we'll meet up later."

 

The braided boy nodded. //How have you been doing?//

 

"I miss him." The boy answered sadly.

 

//So he hasn't called you. . .// the boy frowned thoughtfully.

 

"What!?" Quatre's head whipped up, his eyes wide with startled hope. "Duo?"

 

The braided boy looked at his miserable friend, before heaving a defeated sigh, "Quat. . . I've got something to tell you. . ."

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~< /div>

 

To be continued. . .

 

A/N I don't think I'm spelling Romefeller and Maganoc correctly. If anyone would like to help me out, I'd appreciate it.

I hope you've enjoyed it.

 

The next chapter will be out soon.

 

^-^

 

Ja ne!

Weissangel24

 

04/21/04 A/N #2 I went back and fixed Maganuac. Thanks for the help spelling.

^-^

Weissangel24