Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Burnout ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 21 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

Konnichiwa minna!

I'm still at my `rents house and have been writing up a storm!

 

I hope you enjoy!

^-^

Weissangel24

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

 

Chapter eighteen

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

 

It was gone. . .

 

His colony. . .

 

Gone. . .

 

Wu Fei shook his head in disbelief, "Why. . .?" he whispered repeatedly.

 

His elder. . .

 

Master Wong. . .

 

Emotions flooded the Chinese boy faster than he was able to possess them.

 

Disbelief. . . He couldn't believe what had just happened.

 

Shock. . . It happened so fast.

 

Anger. . . OZ was responsible for this.

 

Self-loathing. . . He was too weak to protect them.

 

And finally

 

A great sense of loss and Sorrow. . . They were gone, and he was alone.

 

His body shuddered, as his sobs consumed him. `NO. . .no . . .no. . . it can't be. . .'

 

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

 

Quatre gasped, his hand going to his chest impulsively.

 

That feeling. . . That feeling of. . . Hopeless loss and sorrow.

It was far stronger now than anytime before. . .

 

The blonde whimpered, falling to the floor of his shuttle. Tears flooded down his face as he sobbed in correspondence to the grief he sensed. "Wu Fei. . ."

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

 

The banged boy gasped, dropping the pail of lion food, his head snapping up. He stood there mesmerized for a brief moment before he began to walk away from the cage, the tent, the circus, and everything he had come to know.

 

"Trowa!" Catherine cried as he brushed past her with out a second glance. "TROWA!?" She ran in front of him, blocking his way, "Where are you going?"

 

"He's crying." Came the boy's cryptic response, his hand clenching his turtleneck at his heart, "I. . . I can feel him. . ."

 

"But, Trowa!" His adopted-sister began to cry, "You're finally away from the fighting! You're safe! You belong here! Please don't go. . ."

 

"Cathy. . ." He lifted her chin, offering her a small smile. "I promise I'll come back. . . but. . .he needs me. . . I have to go."

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

 

/ "Quat! You okay?"/ Duo's worried voice exclaimed over the vid-phone. The blonde looked awful. He was pale and shaking. There were tear streaks on his face.

 

"I'm fine, Duo. . ." Quatre whispered, "Have you found Wu Fei yet?"

 

/"No, not yet. . . Why?"/

 

"I feel. . . I feel that something's happened to him. . . I. . ."

 

The braided pilot frowned, /"I'll extend my search."/ He promised, /"Don't worry, Quat. . . I'll find him."/

 

"Thanks, Duo. . ." The blonde offered a small smile, but it in no way reached his eyes.

 

/ "Did you find him?"/

 

A flash of hurt passed over the Arabian's face, before he nodded slowly, "You were right. . .He is different. . ."

 

/"I'm sorry, Q. . ."/ Duo sighed, / "I was kind-a hopin' that maybe seeing you might jog his memory. . ."/

 

"It's alright, Duo. . ." The blonde whispered, "He's alive. . .I'm grateful for that. . ."

 

/ "Oh, Quat. . ."/

 

"Listen, Duo. . . OZ is going to get suspicious if I stick around here for too long. . . I'll meet you in two days. . . Okay?"

 

/ "That's fine, Quatre."/ The braided boy nodded, a bright smile illuminating his face. He flashed the blonde a peace sign then cut transmissions.

 

Left alone, in the cockpit of his shuttle, Quatre's thoughts drifted to the banged boy. Tears of remorse filled his eyes and slowly slid down his cheek. Feeling lost, the blonde closed his eyes, as he huddled in the pilot's chair. Before he knew it, a troubled sleep claimed him.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

 

He swallowed nervously, as he eyed the shuttle. He knew that the boy from the yesterday was in there. He could feel him. . . his pain. . .

Hesitatingly, the banged boy opened the hatch, and climbed in. Looking around, he found his way to the cockpit.

 

From inside, he could hear muffled whimpers that tore at his heart. The boy's name. . . it was at the tip of his tongue. . . he knew that blonde angel. . . and yet. . .

 

He didn't.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

 

Quatre stirred. He sensed that he wasn't alone anymore. The presence wasn't threatening; rather it was timid, unsure and very fearful.

 

A warm hand caressed his cheek, drawing the blonde from his slumber. Slowly, his eyes fluttered open. When his vision had focused, a small gasp escaped him. Above him, leaning over the back of the pilot's chair, was the banged boy. "T-Trowa! You're here!"

 

"I. . ." The boy retracted his hand after a moment of awkwardness, "I can't explain it. . .but. . . I felt that I needed to be here. . ."

 

"I'm glad. . ." The blonde whispered, a smile of pure happiness spread across his face. "I'm glad you're here, Trowa. . ."

 

"I. . . I don't remember your name. . ." the boy apologized.

 

"Quatre." The smaller boy whispered, reaching up and resting his hand over the other's, "My name is Quatre."

 

"I. . . I feel like I know you. . . but. . . I can't remember. . ." The banged boy frowned slightly, "Please. . . can I come with you?"

 

"Anywhere." The pilot breathed, tears slipping down his face.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

 

The Chinese boy moaned from the pain in his head. Altron was badly damaged thanks to those OZ bastards. If they decided to come back, there was no way he'd be able to survive the fight.

 

As if on cue, the proximity alarm sounded. "Oh, shit. . ." Wu Fei moaned as he struggled to get any response out of Altron, "Please, Nataku. . ."

 

/ "Wu Fei?"/ A woman's voice called over the radio.

 

He blinked, slightly disoriented, "Sally?"

 

The voice sighed with relief, / "Wu Fei, Hiiro and I will be at your position in ten minutes. You can board then. . .are you alright?"/

 

"I've been better. . ."

 

/ "Hold on. . ."/

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

 

"QUAT!" Duo exclaimed, leaping from the Deathscythe Hell and assaulting the smaller pilot with a noogie.

 

"DUO!" The blonde shrieked, as he laughed in response to his friend's joy. "CUT IT OUT!"

 

"It's been forever!" The braided boy grinned as he turned to look at his Gundam and at Quatre's Sandrock that stood proudly next to each other. "This war is getting close to being done. . . huh."

 

"Hopefully." Quatre nodded. "This Libra is going to be a challenge though. . ."

 

"So, where are the others?" The boy asked as he followed the other pilot through the ship.

 

"Hiiro, Sally and Wu Fei will be meeting us at Peacemillion the day after tomorrow. Apparently, Altron and Wing Zero need repairs."

 

"Hold the phone!" Duo frowned, "Wing Zero!? I thought you guys had destroyed that thing!"

 

The blonde nodded, "We thought so too. . . but then Zechs got his hands on it. . ."

 

"So what happened?"

 

"I'm not sure of the details." Quatre apologized, "But from what I understand; Treize created a suit that rivaled Zero, called the Epyon. He allowed Hiiro to pilot it in a fight against Zechs and Zero."

 

"Is he okay!?" Duo interrupted, earnestly, "Is Hiiro okay?"

 

"He seemed fine when I last spoke with him. . ." The blonde winced slightly, absentmindedly rubbing at his chest.

 

The braided boy sighed and then nodded slightly, indicating that Quatre should continue.

 

"After the fight, both pilots were having bad reactions to the cockpit systems."

 

"What do you mean. . . bad reactions?"

 

"The systems are. . . unique from any other fighting machine. Wing Zero shows the pilot the present future. Epyon shows the whole future." Quatre sighed, his whole domineer changing. "There is a fine line in fighting, Duo. . . one that should never be crossed. Hiiro and I both crossed that line. I lost control of myself, and Hiiro found that he had no future."

 

"Had no future. . .What the hell is that supposed to mean!?"

 

"I don't know. . . It was just what Hiiro told me." Quatre paused to open a door, "He said that he didn't understand what Treize was thinking, so he gave Zechs Epyon and took Wing Zero. . .He and Sally brought Heavyarms and Zero out to space, and picked up Wu Fei."

 

Duo nodded as he processed the information, "What about Trowa? Is he here? Is he going to pilot the Gundam again?"

 

The blonde's face saddened, "He's here. . . but I don't think he'll be fighting anytime soon. . ."

 

"He really has amnesia."

 

"He didn't even know my name, Duo. . ." The smaller boy whispered, tears appearing in his eyes. "He doesn't remember anything. . ."

 

"I'm sorry, Quat. . ." Duo frowned, giving his friend a reassuring hug, "I'm sure that things will get better. . ."

 

"I hope so, Duo. . ." The blonde offered a small smile, as he opened the final door.

 

Trowa turned around from the co-pilot's chair, "We're about to reach Peacemillion."

 

"Arigato, Trowa. . ." Quatre nodded, sitting in the pilot's chair and prepared to dock.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+ ~

 

To be continued. . .

 

A/N: . . . Um. . . comments?

^-^

Weissangel24