Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Burnout ❯ Chapter 22 ( Chapter 27 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's note: I don't own Pokemon. Ooc warning for just about everyone for the remainder of the story. ~-~; Hopefully, it's not as bad as I think it is. . .

 

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~ +~

 

Chapter Twenty-two

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~ +~

 

/"How are you doing, Quatre?"/ Trowa asked, concern dripping from his voice.

 

The blonde struggled to keep his eyes open. His wound still bled and he was feeling light headed, "Fine, Trowa. . .I'm fine. . ." He lied.

 

Trowa's image popped up onto a static screen, /"Are you sure?"/ His gaze scrutinized the blonde's condition.

 

Quatre tried to smile, "Sure. . ." He grimaced.

 

/"Quatre, how bad is it?"/ The banged boy demanded.

 

"I'm . . . Not sure. . ." Quatre said pitching forward, unconscious, onto his pilot controls.

 

/"QUATRE!"/ Trowa yelled as Sandrock suddenly dipped and began to fall away into empty space. In a panic, the banged pilot sent Heavyarms after him. /"Quatre. . ."/ He called desperately, /"Quatre, answer me!"/

 

Slowly, the blonde stirred and moaned, coming around. "Trowa. . .?" He whispered, weakly, "I'm not feeling so good. . ."

 

/"Hang in there!"/ The banged boy ordered, /"I'll get you to a doctor-."/

 

His transmission was cut off by an interruption from Deathscythe, /"WE DID IT!"/ Duo whooped, /"WE WON!"/

 

/"You're crazy, Maxwell./" Wu Fei said, with a grin, as Altron flew up to join the masses to the MO satellite. /"Hiiro is waiting for us on board the satellite."/

 

Duo's grin grew wider, /"He's okay?"/

 

/"Far as I can tell."/

 

Duo looked around, /"Trowa, you okay?"/

 

/"I'm fine."/

 

/"Hey, where's Quatre?"/

 

"I'm here. . ." The blonde responded, wincing as he fought to control the Gundam.

 

/"Hey, what do you say we celebrate with some expensive champagne?"/ Duo's grin could be heard through his voice.

 

Quatre couldn't help himself. Despite his pain, he had to smile too, "As long as it's non-alcoholic. . ." He joked.

 

/"You got it!"/ Duo agreed, before letting out a whoop of joy, /"WE DID IT!!!"/

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~ +~

 

One by one, the remaining Mobil Suites and Gundams flew in to MO II.

 

Deathscythe and Altron landed, with no incidences. Both suites were badly damaged though, and they would need intense impairs.

 

"As if we're gonna need it. . ." Duo snorted, "What do you think about that, eh, buddy? No more battles!"

 

"You really are out of your mind." Wu Fei smirked, slapping the braided boy on his back. "But you're right. We don't have to fight anymore."

 

"Come on! Let's find Hiiro and Sally!" Duo laughed, pulling the Chinese boy behind him.

 

"You don't have to pull, Maxwell." Wu Fei said with mild annoyance.

 

"You're too slow!" Duo shot back, letting go and running ahead.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~ +~

 

Hiiro nervously scanned the crowd. There were a lot of soldiers and reporters surrounding him, trying to thank him, congratulate him, asking him questions, taking his picture and generally making him feel uncomfortable. He felt like he was standing out in the crowd, and it went against everything he was taught. `It wouldn't be so bad, if Duo were here. . .' The Wing Pilot thought, trying to quell the urge to kill everyone of these damned reporters and their flash photography.

 

"Hiiro!" A loud voice called over the drum of news hounds.

 

The Japanese boy perked at the sound, "Duo!" He called, waving his hand in trying to get the braided boy's attention, "DUO!"

 

The amethyst eyes brightened at the sight of the Wing Pilot, "Hiiro!" Duo waved, pushing his way through the crowd until he could throw his arms around the hero's neck. "DON'T EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!" He demanded before giving him another hug.

 

"I don't have the need to, anymore!" Hiiro assured him, as he tried to escape the crowd.

 

Once they were alone, Duo was ready to bombard the pilot with a ton of questions when he what ever he was about to say was cut off as Hiiro leaned in and kissed him. Surprised, the braided boy happily succumbed to the sweet, and slightly possessive, gesture of affection.

 

"Hiiro. . ." He gasped when the Japanese boy finally released him. "Wow. . ."

 

Hiiro smirked.

 

"Wow. . ."

 

Hiiro smiled slightly, and kissed him again. This one was gentler and passionate, communicating everything that the Japanese pilot couldn't put into words. "Aishiteru, Duo. . ." He whispered as he broke contact.

 

"I. . . I . . .Uh. . ." Duo sputtered, his brain gone to jello in the after math of the kiss. "Wow. . ."

 

Hiiro shook his head and wrapped his arms around the braided boy embracing him lovingly. . . until his hands ran over a piece of paper. Frowning the Japanese boy pulled away, and looked at the slip. "I'm Shinigami, and I love to watch Saturday morning anime in my Pikachu boxers. . ." He looked at Duo, "What's this?"

 

Duo snatched the paper away from his Koi. Scowling, he read it again, his face growing a deep shade of red, "WU FEI!!!!"

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~ +~

 

The Chinese boy smirked as the ranting of the great Shinigami reached above the buzz of the crowds.

 

"What was that?" Sally asked.

 

"I'm just serving up some justice." He replied, leading her to somewhere less crowded.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~ +~

 

Sandrock came in for a rough landing. If it hadn't been for Heavyarms, the massive suite would have caused some major damage. After the suit was under control, Trowa skillfully maneuvered his Gundam to its place in front of the cat walk. Quatre somehow had managed to do the same.

 

The hatch of Sandrock's cockpit opened, and the blonde stumbled out. He gave Heavyarms a weak, regretful smile before his legs buckled and he fell to the cat walk. He lay in an unconscious, bloody heap. His crimson life force spread out, staining the blackened metal of the walk.

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~ +~

 

To be continued. . .