Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chef Heero's Selections ❯ Happy Thursday! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Chef Heero's Selection #1: Happy Thursday!
Author: Keiran
Pairing: 1+2
Rating: G
Warning: My first gw500 challenge fic. ^__^ Unbetaed.
Word Count: 376Â

"Now this is what I call a challenge," Quatre grinned. However Wufei didn't seem as enthusiastic.

"This," he answered wryly, "is what I call stupidity."

"Well Wuffers, if you put it like that, I feel honour bround to point out that *not* accepting right now would be what we call 'stupidity'. But of course this is just me baka speaking."

"You are not helping."

"Sorry, was I here to help?"

Somewhere in the background something growled menacingly. Duo turned his head sharply. The remaining three watched curiously the exchange that took place next.

"I'm afraid that it is imperative that you accept the challenge Fei," was the verdict. The Chinese man sighed. There really wasn't much he could do right now, was there? Very gingerly he picked up the object in question and looked at it closely.

It didn't look harmful. Then again, looks can be deceiving and this was Heero they were talking about. Very carefully he extended the very tip of his tongue and swiped it quickly across the thing. Then, equally fast closed his eyes and tried to hide as far as he could with the tiny sample still held firmly between his index and middle finger.

Nothing happened.

Wufei opened his eyes and - a bit more boldly - bit a tiny fraction of the thing off. He chewed thoughtfully, swallowed and licked his lips. Then he popped the entire thing into his mouth.

Three expectant faces watched him very carefully.

Wufei stared right back. Still carefully he patted his stomach, to ensure that there was no suspicious rumbling going on. Then he patted the top of his head, but he didn't find anything missing there either.

"It's safe," he concluded gruffly.

Heero sighed with something akin to relief and handed Duo a box filled with home-made chocolates.

"Happy Thursday," he said. The braided boy grinned and pecked him on the cheek.

"Thank you!" Carefully he picked up a chocolate, one that was closest to the empty space. "Now that we know they're safe, who wants some?"

Wufei scowled at the pair. If Heero didn't know how to make chocolates, why the hell did he even try? And why the hell he challenged *him* to check if they were safe to eat?