Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chef Heero's Selections ❯ All the Luck in the World ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Chef Heero's Selection #6 : All the Luck in the W ord .
Author: Keiran
Pairing: 1x2x1
Rating: PG
Warning: A bit of angst, emotional-ness . Sap. Fluff. Get in touch with your dentist.
Word Count: 616
Notes: Following the most cliché of all GW clichés: Duo feeling neglected by Heero, who has a 'mission'. Resolution.

***

Duo woke up slowly, sluggishly. His head was heavy, but his body was enveloped in pleasant warmth, one he loathed to part with. Sighing quietly he snuggled into his pillow , casting a look at his silver ring almost absentmindedly. Oh well. It wasn't the end of the world yet. Sure, he would have loved a present, or at least a nice kiss, but hey, it was only one anniversary.

He didn't need one day a *year* to feel that his relationship blossomed, Heero understood that. Sure, he was being ignored sometimes in favour of the kitchen, but he would surely be presented with the outcome, most likely set on a pristine white table-cloth accompanied with roses and wine. How many guys who didn't go out with chefs could expect that? He knew he was lucky - he could have dealt with instant noodles and take-out, but who was he to complain if Heero enjoyed spending his time banging the pots in the kitchen?

I was an idiot, he said out loud. Noticing his state of undress he felt a surge of warm feelings for Heero. He was tucked lovingly into his favourite flannel pyjamas with kittens on them and wrapped in his wonderfully soft blanket that his partner had got him last year for Christmas. It was a wonder he 'd slept through it, but he usually slept very deeply after an emotional time. Heero sure is sorry, no reason to cry over it. Stepping into his slippers he moved silently to the kitchen and smiled. Predictably, Heero was fussing over pancakes. Stealthily Duo walked over and slipped his arms around his lover, laying his head between his shoulder blades.

Heero stiffened, spatula at the ready. Duo? he asked quietly.

Mhm?

I'm really sorry.

It's okay. I'm not that upset.

Really?

Yeah. The guys, Quatre especially , was following me all day asking about *it* and making scornful comments, so I got a bit well, you know. But that's Quatre we're speaking about - you know how he is about tradition and all that shit.

You really don't mind?

Of course I mind ! Duo exclaimed indignantly. I just said I'm not that upset! You still have to make it up to me! Heero smirked and turned around, placing a brief kiss between the violet eyes.

You had me worried there for a minute, he whispered and paused. I didn't forget really. It's just that, the week was going so fast I didn't realise it was yesterday. I got you a present and everything.

Really? Duo beamed. He loved presents. No matter who was getting them.

Yeah. But I was thinking that we might go on vacation too. Duo blinked stupefied.

Vacation?

Wednesday is a free day - if we took Monday and Tuesday off, we could go somewhere from say, tomorrow evening, for five days, Heero offered shyly. Duo furrowed his brow, deep in thought.

Not if it interferes with my present, he announced finally. Heero smiled, partially relieved. The hardest part of making up was over. He 'd apologised. He was forgiven. Sure, the sour taste would remain for a while, but it would pass. He would see to it.

Heero flipped the pancake he was working on and let it slide onto a plate. Duo, taking the hint, seated himself at the table, waiting patiently for the breakfast to be served. The dark-haired boy smiled and watched as his love dug in, beaming. They still needed to work today, and no doubt his ass would be grilled by Quatre as soon as he stepped in, but for the moment he felt that all the luck in the word ha d taken permanent residence in his apartment. He didn't need anything else.

***