Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Flavored Kisses ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Heero was dialing Duo's cell phone number just as his doorbell chimed. He cleared the entry and flipped his phone closed before he opened the door to find Duo on his front step. His grinning friend was bouncing on his toes in the cold wearing a red scarf around his neck, a knit cap on his head, and his hands stuffed into the pockets of his heavily-lined leather jacket.
 
“You're late,” Heero said as he passed through the door, turning to secure the deadbolt after closing it. “I was just calling you.”
 
“Aww, were ya worried about me, buddy?” Duo asked, throwing his arm around Heero's shoulders. “I'm touched!”
 
Heero nudged him in the ribs with his elbow to dislodge the half-embrace. “No, I don't worry about you. You can take care of yourself,” he said with a wry grin. “I was afraid we'd miss the start of the movie.”
 
The braided boy smiled at him as they walked, then he grimaced as he put his fingers to his bottom lip. “Ow!”
 
“What's wrong?”
 
Aw, I've just got a cracked lip,” Duo groused, running his finger over the sore spot. My lips always get chapped when it starts getting cold out,”
 
“It's not the cold that makes them chap; it's the drier air in winter. You need to wear lip balm so they don't dry out.”
 
Just then, they walked under a street light and Duo noticed the subtle sheen on Heero's mouth.
 
“It looks like you're wearing lip gloss, Yuy,” he chuckled.
 
“Maybe,” Heero agreed, “but at least it doesn't hurt when I smile.”
 
“Ya got any with you that I can borrow?” Duo grinned sheepishly.
 
The dark-haired boy searched his jacket pockets as he walked, coming up empty handed. “No, sorry. I must have left it in the bedroom,” he shrugged. “There's a drug store near the theater. Do you want to stop and get some before the movie?
 
“Nah, I don't wanna wait that long,” was the only warning Heero got before Duo swung into his path, grabbed the back of his head, and planted his lips onto Heero's balm-slicked mouth.
 
Heero watched, stunned, as Duo's eyes slid closed for just a moment, and he could have sworn that he'd heard a quiet moan from the boy's throat before he pulled back and opened his eyes.
 
“Mm…cherry,” Duo said as he rubbed his lips together to distribute the transferred balm. He continued walking backwards, his eyes sparkling.
 
Heero slowly started moving again, his fingers touching his mouth in surprise. It wasn't how he'd expected his first kiss to happen, but it was given by the person he'd hoped would deliver it.
 
“I'll just share yours,” Duo said, reaching out his hand to Heero. “Is that okay?”
 
Heero felt like his own lips would split with the smile that spread across his face. He reached out and took Duo's hand, and pulled him back against his chest.
 
“That's very okay,” he said, as their cherry-flavored lips met for his second kiss.
 
 
~~~ END