Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Childhood Reborn ❯ Quatre's Confession ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

While Heero had been getting a lesson in biology the rest of the Gundam crew were busy entertaining the children. Trowa had ended up attracting quite a crowd showing off his acrobatic and juggling skills and while he felt a little sheepish, their smiles and applause kept him from stopping. Wufei was getting a kick out of watching Duo playing ball with the kids and how many times the ball would smack him on the head or face. It was sweet karma to Wufei after all the times Duo had teased him. Meanwhile Quatre sat on the step of Jacinda's house watching Trowa dreamily.
 
Just then Siero came by hauling some tools after fixing one of the village trucks. He saw Quatre sitting there by himself and decided to see what was up.
 
“Hey Quatre!” He bellowed to the blonde boy.
 
Quatre snapped out of his trance and waved when Siero approached.
 
“Hi Siero.” He said. “Did you get the trucks repaired?”
 
Siero stretched.
 
“Yup…mostly they just needed a little tuning up.” He said.
 
“Ah.” Quatre nodded and continued to gaze at Trowa. Siero turned to watch as the young circus performer began to juggle some balls.
 
“Man, what a talent!” Siero said watching Trowa as he began walking while juggling the balls. The children were laughing.
 
“Yeah…he's really good at everything he does.” Quatre said with a smile and his chin in his hand. Siero noticed the faraway look in Quatre's eyes and decided to pry.
 
“You okay there?” He asked.
 
“Mm…yeah I am fine.”
 
“Alright then.”
However, moments later Quatre shook his head.
 
“Well actually, no I am not.” He turned to Siero. “Can I talk to you for a second please Siero, if it's okay with you?”
 
Siero shrugged.
 
“Sure.” He said.
 
“How do you know when you're in love?”
Siero's eyebrows shot up.
 
“Come again?”
“I just…just don't know…but lately I have had strange feelings…good feelings…and I think that I might be in love.”
 
Siero looked at the now blushing young aristocrat and took a breath. It seemed like a simple enough question to ask and Siero knew the boy was only fifteen and being a teenager it's a common feeling to start having. No harm in it.
 
“Well…if you think you are in love Quatre…you feel…just like you said…strange. You stomach feels all fluttery and your heart beats a little quicker and sometimes you find yourself acting in a way you think is silly around the person you are in love with.”
 
Quatre sighed.
 
“That's what the books say.” HE said. “My sisters had all these romance novels and the main character would always feel really excited and nervous around the one they loved. I would borrow them sometimes when my family was away.”
 
Siero chuckled.
 
“Well I don't know what kind of books your sisters might have read, but I have learned that love doesn't come from outside sources, it comes from within you. When you're in love, all you can think about is that person and how much you want to be there for them and with them.”
 
Quatre smiled.
 
“I think that way all the time.” He said.
 
Siero patted Quatre on the back.
 
“Yup, I'd say you got the love bug kid!” He said. Then he leaned in to whisper to him.
 
“So…who's the lucky lady…a friend of yours on L4?”
 
Quatre giggled and blushed.
 
“No.” He said.
 
“Oh…someone you met on your travels then?”
“Maybe.”
 
“Okay I am getting warm though.” Siero said trying to guess. “I got it! Someone here in the village! I have seen Nala giving you guys a flirty look whenever you're around. She's a sweet girl! Am I right...it's Nala!”
 
Quatre just giggled.
 
“No…I'm not in love with any girl…I'm in love with Trowa!”
 
Immediately that silenced Siero who practically jumped off the step.
 
`No way…he did not just say Trowa!' He thought. ` Best to be sure.'
 
“Sorry I probably misheard you…for a second I thought you said Trowa.” He said with a laugh.
 
Quatre shook his head.
 
“You heard right Siero.” He said. “I am in love with Trowa!”
 
Immediately Siero's jaw dropped. Quatre just smiled at him, his bright eyes sparkling having felt better after telling his secret to someone. But there was some slight issues with that…or so Siero saw.
 
“Uh…Quatre…you do know…umm…that Trowa is a boy right?”
 
Quatre nodded.
 
“Yeah.” He said.
 
“And you know...you're a boy also?” Siero said practically stuttering.
 
`Unless Quatre has even bigger secret he is keeping.'
 
Quatre chuckled.
 
“Yes…I am well aware.” He said. “But I can't help it. I really do feel like I am in love with Trowa. I mean just look at him. He's handsome and brave and look at how he is making those children happy!”
 
Siero looked over as Trowa was demonstrating to the children how he could do flips. He found himself nervously scratching his head. He knew that Quatre was a pretty well sheltered boy by the looks of it, so did he even know about…well the birds and the bees? Should he even ask?
 
“Well…it's good that you love Trowa…I…I think.” Siero nervously answered. “But uh…you do know…I mean you are fifteen and all right…that there are things with Trowa that you can't do…unless you were with a girl.”
 
“You mean like having a baby?” Quatre answered nonchalantly.
 
Man the kid was sharp.
 
“Y-yeah.” Siero answered. “There's that.”
 
`Jacinda where are you!?'
 
Quatre frowned.
 
“I know.” He said. “Besides, I don't even think he is in love with me. He's probably in love with Catherine. She would be a good wife and mother after all. They'll probably get married right after the war is over or something.”
 
Quatre put his chin on his knees.
 
“And it's like you said…we are boys…we probably won't even know how to make love properly. He'd enjoy Catherine more I am sure. She's very pretty.”
 
Siero felt like a real jerk, but his mind tried to reason with him.
 
`Best he knows now then have his heart broken later.'
 
“You promise to keep this a secret though won't you? Quatre asked Siero. “You won't tell anyone…especially Trowa.”
 
“No worries Quatre.” He said. “You have my word.”
 
Just then Siero saw Jacinda and Heero coming up the road.
 
“Oh look there's Jacinda.” He said. “Gotta talk to her about those trucks…see ya later Quatre.”
 
“See ya.” Quatre said quietly.
 
Jacinda looked over at her quiet Heero. It had been truly an interesting afternoon for him seeing how precious and delicate life was before even taking its first breath of natural air. She could tell that Heero's face had softened and he was still in awe of what he had witnessed. Suddenly the sound of running footsteps drew her attention and a somewhat anxious Siero coming in their direction.
 
“Oh Jacinda!” He yelled.
 
“Siero?” She said. “Everything okay?
 
“Oh yeah yeah fine…just need to talk to you...here let me take those Heero, you uh…go play with your friends.”
 
He then uttered in Jacinda's ear.
 
“Need to talk to you…private..now.”
 
“Okay….but…whooaa!” Jacinda didn't have time to respond as Siero grabbed her wrist and pulled her into the house.
 
“Hey Heero.” Quatre said as Heero approached.
 
“Winner.” He said quietly.
 
“What did you with Jacinda?”
 
Heero smiled just a tiny bit.
 
“I saw a baby.”
 
Jacinda meanwhile was in shock as Siero checked around to make sure that no one was in the house and that no one outside could hear them.
 
“Siero.” She said as she leaned up against the kitchen counter. “You alright? You look pale.”
 
“Oh boy...you have no idea what I have just been through.” He said rubbing his head nervously.
 
“Well running around like a chicken with its head cut off is not going to ease you. What happened?”
 
“You probably should sit down.”
 
“I'm fine where I am.” Jacinda said. “But you are making worried. What is going on Siero? It's not Bastian is it!?”
 
“No no no!” He said.
 
“Is it one of the pilots?” She asked.
 
“Yes…it's um…Quatre.” He said.
 
Jacinda shrugged.
 
“Is he feeling alright?” She said. “Should I call him in?”
“It's nothing like that.”
 
“THEN WHAT IS IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!?” Jacinda yelled annoyed at the guessing game.
 
“Shh…not so loud.” Siero scolded. “Look I don't want anyone overhearing our conversation…but ummm…I had a talk with Quatre.”
“Okay.”
“I really think you should sit down Jacinda.”
“SIERO SPIT IT OUT!!!”
 
“SHHH!! Okay, okay…Quatre confided in me something. Apparently…he's got a big crush.”
 
Jacinda immediately smiled.
 
“He does!?” She said. “Oh that's lovely! But that shouldn't surprise the hell out of you Siero. I am sure all those boys are in some sort of stage of puppy love right now. You probably were at his age.”
 
Siero laughed nervously.
 
“Not on the kind of crush he has.”
 
“Come again?”
 
“You sure you don't want to…”
 
“SIERO!?”
 
“He's in love with Trowa!!
 
And thus the kitchen went dead silent.
 
“Uh…repeat that please?” Jacinda said.
 
Siero said.
 
“Quatre is in love with Trowa. You know that other pilot with the bang? He told me.”
“Are you sure?” She asked.
 
“I never lie to you Jacinda.”
 
The room was again silent for a few moments, and then Siero's ears picked up on the sound of laughter. He looked up to see Jacinda was chuckling to herself.
 
“Jacinda?”
 
“Oh my.” She said. “That is so sweet! Quatre has a crush on Trowa…how wonderful!!”
“Jacinda?”
 
“Siero…why on earth did you get so bent out of shape!” Jacinda said. “You practically gave me a heart attack when you rushed me in here! Really…you need to calm down.”
 
“You're not upset?” Siero asked.
 
“Upset…on the contrary!” She said. “I am thrilled. I think it is so nice that Quatre is in love with Trowa. That is such a good match. They look after each other so much; it doesn't surprise me at all that Quatre would hold such feelings for Trowa! It's so cute!!”
 
“But they are both guys!”
 
“So?”
 
“So…you know….it's…”
 
Before Siero could make any kind of negative statement Jacinda gave him the look of death.
 
“Siero, I never took you for a bigot.” She said angrily. “As far as I am concerned as long as they are of consenting age and not of any part of the animal kingdom I don't see any problem with it.”
 
“You know I am not a bigot Jacinda.” Siero argued. “But come on already…they are just teens. And even Quatre knows that they are both boys and well…there are things that boys can't do…that girls can.”
 
“You mean sex wise?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Siero, come on already.” She said. “Not everything in this world has to be biologically sound to be enjoyed. Why when I was in the Alliance there were relationships of all sorts going on there. Men and women, men and men, women and women it didn't matter to them, they were just happy to be with someone who cared about them and help them forget the ugliness of war.
 
“Like you had with him.” Siero said.
 
Jacinda lowered her eyes.
 
“Yes…like I had with him.”
 
Siero sighed.
 
“But Trowa doesn't know.” Siero said changing the subject. “And Quatre said there was Catherine at the circus that was pretty and that Trowa would probably marry once the war was over.”
 
“Yeah…but we don't know that…neither does he.” Jacinda said. “I would bet anything that Trowa is having just as strong feelings for Quatre as Quatre does for Trowa. I mean let's face it…when it comes down to it…all 5 of those boys only really have is each other. It's not uncommon that some romantic feelings would emerge. They are their own family.”
 
Siero sighed.
 
“I just…don't know.”
 
“Then don't.” Jacinda said as she peeked out the kitchen window. “It's not your problem anyway. Besides…look at them all.”
 
Siero walked over to the window and peered out. The pilots had gathered around in a circle and Heero was chatting about being with Alyse and Jacinda.
 
“Wow…what was it like feeling the baby kick!” Quatre asked excitedly.
 
“It…was…” Heero began.
 
“Super freaky right?” Duo answered. “Man…you saw a baby...still in the womb…and practically touched it…yuck!”
 
“A baby is a blessing Maxwell.” Wufei said. “Even though they can be quite annoying.”
 
“AS I WAS SAYING!” Heero said annoyed. “It was…strange...but interesting. The women were all excited though. The mother doesn't want to know if it's a boy or girl till it's born.”
 
“How nice!” Quatre said smiling.
 
“Yeah.” Trowa responded watching Quatre's wide eyed expression as they continued to talk about Heero's experience of the day.
 
“You see Siero.” Jacinda said. “What they have isn't wrong at all. In fact…if only the rest of the world had that kind of innocence then maybe war wouldn't even exist.”