Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chilling Memories ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"Chilling Memories"By Sailor Staria

All standard disclaimers apply.

They were coming back again. The chills. Those damn chills. Every time something familiar and yet unfamiliar happened they joined it, shaking Trowa to his core. He knew he had forgotten a lot. Forgotten something important. Forgotten important people. He kneeled by a trunk of costumes as another chill shook him. As it passed he looked at his clown mask. It didn't suit him. That smile mocked him. Laughed at him. Spoke of things he never knew. As he headed back to his trailer he took it with him. Once alone he attacked the horrid mask with paint. Blanking out it's happy gaze with empty, white acrylics. As the emotionless face stared at him he felt better. Dipping his paint brush into a bloody crimson he added a more fitting frown. Sad and sorrowful, filled with silent sobs. From the violet, cross of an eye he dabbed on a single cerulean tear. Now the mask suited his emotions and no longer mocked him.
That night at the show the chills struck once again. A boy, Trowa's age, came back stage. He wore all black with a priest's collar. His long braid trailed behind him as he ran in.
"It's you." he gasped.
"Do I know you?" Trowa asked fighting off the new chills.
"You're alive! Wait until the others hear!"
"Who are you?" The long haired boy was shocked. His fellow pilot didn't remember him.
"Trowa it's me! Duo, you know, the Great Destroyer." Trowa only gave him a blank look. "You really don't remember."
"Who are you?!?!?!" a girl yelled, bursting in. "Leave Trowa alone. He's not going back again. I won't have him hurt any more!" Duo took that as a sign and left for Trowa's sake.
"Trowa are you all right?" she asked gently, to her brother-like co-star.
"Cathy... I'm fine. Leave me alone ok." Cathrine frowned but did as asked. She watched him as she left. She could tell the chills were bothering him again, but he would never admit it. That boy had to be from the rebel group Trowa was a part of. She wasn't going to let him suffer any more. Something terrible had happened to him, but she didn't have the slightest clue as to what. All that stayed in her mind was the images she saw, finding him wondering aimlessly in the rain. His eyes had lost that wild beast confidence they once held and now appeared dull and scared. She brought him back to the circus where he belonged and tried her best to protect him. Behind her worrying though, she doubted that he would ever return to his normal, fearless state.
"Trowa, my poor little doll. What happened out there?" She spoke quietly to herself.