Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier.

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Summary: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Special thanks to my wonderful beta's DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai, I'd be lost without you guys!

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 3

Duo fought to retain his consciousness as he was half dragged along the cold floors of the moon base. He ached in every conceivable place but his inner resolve remained as solid as ever. The sound of a door opening forced him to focus and he found himself being tossed inside. He staggered across the cell, losing his battle to remain upright and collapsed to the floor. It only took him a second to realize he wasn't alone.

Heero and Wufei's heads snapped up as the door to the cell opened and a figure was thrust inside. The door closed almost immediately and both pilots stared at the prone body on the floor. Heero felt his heart leap in his chest as he recognized the black clad form of the boy he was slowly getting to know. Forcing himself to stay impassionate he stated an obvious question. "Botched your mission?"

The conversation was stilted to say the least. In his pain induced state Duo wasn't in any mood to share much in the way of chatter. He simply filled them both in on the current state of affairs, pleased to note Wufei's little look of shock as he understood what Duo was saying. Duo felt slightly warmed, the pain easing with the knowledge that he would soon have his beloved Deathscythe back.

Wufei curled up in the corner and tried to sleep, Heero moved closer to Duo who hadn't moved from his spot on the floor. His heart ached to see the slender form so battered and bruised. Deciding that he didn't care if Wufei read more into his actions than he intended him to see he crouched next to the long haired American. "Duo?" he said softly.

Duo cracked open a pain filled eye. "Hey buddy."

"I thought I told you to stay at the safe house and rest."

"Mission came in."

Heero bit his lip as his eyes took in the various shades of blue and purple that patterned that sweet face. "Status?" he asked, his voice still low and soft.

Duo groaned. "Pretty much fucked," he replied, trying to summon a grin and then winced.

"Baka," Heero chided softly. He reached forwards and with his cuffed hands, managed to run a finger over the swollen cheekbone.

"I guess this is one hell of a first date, eh Heero?" Duo whispered.

"Not exactly what I had in mind," the Wing pilot returned.

"Hope the second one is better, a movie and dinner for example would be nice," Duo murmured and then went into a coughing fit.

Heero's eyes widened a little as Duo coughed up some blood. "Status Duo, and this time I want a proper one," he growled.

Duo sighed, the burning in his chest easing a little now the coughing was over with. "Mostly bruising, possibly a cracked rib or two.... Shit that Dr. O sure can pack a punch.... Abdomen feels like it's been through a meatgrinder, courtesy of G's boots. I gotta talk to him about those hobnai....." Duo gasped as a sharp pain lanced through his lower gut. "Oh fuck!" he moaned and instinctively curled himself up into a fetal position, his handcuffed arms clutching at his belly.

"Duo!... Duo... what's happening? What is it?" Heero was near panicking as Duo went pale and began to clutch at his stomach, rocking back and forth.

"Hurts..." Was all Duo could gasp out. His belly felt on fire, cramps squeezing at him until he thought his entrails were trying to leave him via his belly button.

Wufei sat up when he heard Heero's panicked cries. Instantly he was on his feet and crouched by the moaning, rocking 02 pilot. "Oh my god!"

"What?!" Heero turned to look at the Chinese. "What Chang? What the fuck is wrong?"

Wufei stretched out his cuffed wrists and pointed.

Heero paled and swallowed, his heart hammered in his chest as he looked to where Wufei pointed. "K'uso!"

Smears of blood were on the floor surface and several congealing spots were collecting around Duo's hips.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Where the hell is it coming from?" Heero turned to Wufei who shrugged his shoulders.

"Could be internal bleeding," Wufei offered.

"We have to stop it."

"How?"

/Good question./ Heero thought. He turned his attention back to the American. "Duo, Duo, can you hear me?"

Duo moaned softly in response.

"Duo, listen. You're bleeding. I need... I need to remove your pants to find out where it's coming from and try to stop it, okay?"

Duo simply nodded his consent. The pain had eased a little but it was still damn uncomfortable.

Heero worked as swiftly as he could, given that his hands were hampered by the cuffs. He managed to loosen Duo's pants and slipped them down over 02's hips. Gently he eased the blood soaked boxers to the side and took a deep breath. "Fuck!" he hissed.

Wufei turned his face away.

Heero gently examined the American. He'd been looking for cuts, gashes or grazing on the pale skin and found none. That could only mean that Wufei's suggestion was right; it was internal. Squashing his sudden embarrassment at intruding on Duo's person in such an intimate way he softly worked over the skin, trying to keep the examination as clinical as possible. From what he could tell the blood had been oozing out slowly and not in a rush as he first thought. That was on the plus side. Also there wasn't as much as first indicated and it was a little watery as well.

"How bad is it?" Duo groaned.

"Not as bad as I'd feared," Heero replied honestly. "Looks like only minor internal bleeding." Heero peered a little closer. "I'd say it's slowing down which is a good sign."

Wufei looked back. "Minor internal damage?"

"Probably from the blow to the abdomen. I'd say maybe a few damaged blood vessels in the intestine." Satisfied with his diagnosis and feeling better that Duo wasn't in the immediate danger he'd first thought, Heero gently worked Duo's boxers and pants back up. "He needs to rest as much as possible."

Wufei nodded in agreement and went back to where he had been sitting before.

Heero finished re-dressing Duo and gently pulled the braided boy away from the smears and little pools of congealing blood. He sat on the cold floor, lifting Duo's head and resting it in his lap. He didn't care if Wufei was watching. Duo was his friend and he was hurt, Heero intended to sit with him and comfort him as best he could.

~ * ~

The bleeding finally slowed and stopped, much to Heero's relief. Not long after, Trowa showed up and Heero was taken away, Duo read the pain of separation in those blue depths and tried to put as much feeling into his own, promising the 01 pilot that he would try his damnedest to stay alive until they met again.

"I'll see you on the flip side Yuy," he whispered. "You had better stay alive buddy, you owe me a date."

Heero peered up through his bangs and rewarded Duo with a smile. "Then you'd better get that restaurant picked out hadn't you? Oh and no chick flicks either."

Duo shook his head and chuckled. "No chick flicks. Promise," and then Heero was gone and Duo was left with the all to familiar ache in his chest and a tiny projector in his hand.

Wufei and Duo passed the time studying the blueprints of their re-built Gundams, preparing themselves for when they could escape and extract their revenge. When the air to their cell was cut off it promised to be a slow and painful death but Wufei came through with his meditation and helped a panicking Duo to calm and control himself. Instead of waking up in the fires of hell, Duo was surprised to find himself still in the OZ cell, the doors unlocked. The two pilots made short work of their handcuffs and high tailed it to their unfinished Gundams.

Revenge had never been sweeter to Duo.

With the scene of the still exploding moon base on his visual, he bade farewell to Wufei and disappeared into deep space to unite with Howard and finish off his new, improved toy.

~ * ~

Duo was aware of the 01 pilots activities but their paths didn't cross for quite sometime. They kept in contact with the odd e-mail, but even those were kept short and cryptic. Oz and now White Fang, were continuously monitoring the airwaves in any way, desperate to glean any information they could and so the pilots had to be extra careful. Secured lines were becoming more difficult to set up, despite their extensive computer skills and so they had to settle for minimal contact and trust each other to remain alive. Duo knew the chances of Heero and himself ever making it to that first date were slim to say the least. But in a war torn universe they desperately needed some hope to hang on to, some goal or dream to comfort them during the long and lonely nights.

Duo continued his battle out in space, the new cloaking device installed into Deathscythe Hell aiding his vigil. He hadn't bothered to mention to G or anyone else for that matter, the little episode back on the moon base where he had bled. The bleeding had slowed and stopped so Duo didn't give it any more thought, he assumed that whatever damage had been done had fixed itself. The continuing fights ensured that he received his fair share of battle wounds. None of them life threatening though and most only requiring rest for a day or two before he was ready to inflict his own form of justice once more.

It came as a bit of a shock to him then to find after one particularly hard battle, the pilot's seat smeared with blood. He kept quiet about it though, if Howard even suspected there was anything amiss he would undoubtedly have Duo grounded until further notice and Duo wasn't about to let that happen. The bleeding only lasted a couple of days and didn't cause him anything other than mild discomfort.

The war was beginning to heat up, Zechs had taken command of the White Fang and Treize was amassing troops. The Gundam pilots were still waging their own battles in space and on earth, the contact between them having diminished considerably. Duo had found himself at the mercy of the Zero system and didn't like what it did to his mind. A few days after that incident Heero managed to send him a simple yet supportive message. Duo looked at the few words again and grinned widely. "Red riding hood has managed to avoid the big bad wolf and will be joining grandma for tea and cookies soon." His mind wandered as he thought about the Japanese man. It had been too long since they had seen each other and the brief exchanges, while a comfort, were not enough. He sensed that something big was waiting on the horizon, and he could only hope that they would all manage to live through it.

For once in his life Duo Maxwell wanted something for himself. For all of his pitiful existence so far all he'd ever done was try to look after and protect those who were too weak to do it for themselves. Was it too much to ask that he be granted the one thing he longed for the most? After all he had gone through, all he had suffered so far could he dare to hope that he would survive this war and have a chance at living a normal life?

The heavy grating of the cargo bay doors echoed through the bunk room and Duo eagerly leapt to his feet and raced towards the cargo hold. He waited patiently for the outer doors to close and the bay to re-pressurize before the doors would open to allow him entry to the cargo bay. As he entered so the other huge doors opened and admitted a Gundam into the safety of the main hold. He watched as the large mecha stepped carefully inside and over to a spare bay, backing in and powering down. Using the low gravity to his advantage Duo hopped over the railing and floated across the short span to the scaffolding on the opposite side. He waited patiently outside the cockpit while the pilot inside finished his system check and switched off all non relevant functions. The door hissed open and it was all Duo could do not to grab the Wing Zero pilot in a bear hug, instead he offered his hand. "Good to see you again Heero."

Heero smiled and shook the American's hand, noting the spark in those amethyst depths and longing just to hug his partner himself. Since Duo had hugged him that first time Heero had begun to crave it, it was like a drug and as much as he hated to admit it he liked it. It made him feel warm, safe and secure, knowing that someone cared about *him* personally and not just the mission and if he was capable of pulling it off.

"Missed you," Duo whispered.

"Hn, missed you too baka."

"Want some tea and cookies?" Duo teased.

"Need to put in system report first and then notify J of my arrival. Once that's done I'm sure I can find my way to enjoying some refreshments."

Duo fairly beamed. "Howard's in the control room, we'll swing by there first with your systems report, then I'll take you to the bunk rooms so you can send off your report to J."

"Arigato."

A short while later Heero had done all he had to do and took a shower. He dressed in his usual tank top and shorts and was in the process of toweling his messy hair when a knock sounded on his door. "Hai, who is it?"

"It's me Yuy," came the sweet voice.

Heero immediately opened the door and let the long haired boy enter. No sooner had the door shut than Heero found himself with an armful of excited 02 pilot.

"God I missed you!" Duo murmured against Heero's neck as he hugged the Japanese boy tightly.

Heero returned the hug, feeling secure once more. In all the time that had passed since their shy revelation that they enjoyed each other's company they took what moments they could to share a little togetherness. Most of their time was spent just holding each other and talking softly about their hopes and dreams for the future, neither one willing to admit that the chances of those dreams becoming reality were slight to say the least.

Duo had encouraged Heero to speak, drawn the quiet inner boy out a little and Heero was grateful. His social skills were notably lacking but Duo somehow managed to coax him into joining in with things and now he shared more than simple comradeship with the other pilots; he shared a deep friendship.

Their relationship stayed pretty much on the platonic side, enjoying hugs and soft touches. Duo had taught Heero how to kiss and the pair experimented with every opportunity they had, but they weren't ready to take things any further. Neither one was willing to go into more intimate dealings at this stage. Heero, because he didn't think he could cope with having shared something so personal and private only to lose the one he cared about. And Duo, because he was also scared, but scared of admitting his complete feelings lest Heero be taken from him, like so many others he'd cared about in his short life. Besides, neither one of them had much of a clue when it came to the more intimate side of things and weren't about to admit to the other their inexperience.

They sat together, wrapped safely in each other's arms aboard the Peacemillion and just enjoyed being close. Lips began to move together, tongues gently questing forth to renew acquaintances with tender spots as new places were sought out and caressed.

Heero gently ran his hands along the length of Duo's back, rubbing the skin softly through the black fabric of the street orphan's usual attire as he nibbled at the creamy neck. His body warmed with the soft mewls of pleasure that came from Duo. Duo's hands weren't idle either. One was threading through Heero's messy hair while the other squeezed and massaged a shoulder.

Heero became a little bolder, running his hands down the 02 pilot's back and over the curve of his rump before returning up the back again, the little shivers encouraging him. He worked his hands down again and cupped lightly at Duo's rear before tracing his fingertips over the seam line and teasing his partner.

Duo moaned softly and shifted a little giving Heero better access.

Heero was quick to take advantage, rubbing his fingertips over the braided boy's rear end and delighting in the sensation of Duo squirming softly against him. He brought his hands back up again and was about to curl his fingers under the thick braid and around Duo's neck to draw him into a deep kiss when he noticed blood upon his skin. Abruptly he yanked the hand away and brought it to his face to study it. / Where the hell had the blood come from? /

Duo noticed the sudden shift and opened his eyes to see what was wrong. He stared, shocked as Heero studied his blood smeared fingers. "What the?"

Heero had a grim expression on his face and looked from his fingers to Duo's face. Without saying a word he deftly flipped the Deathscythe pilot over to his stomach and tried to locate the source of the blood.

"What the fuck are you doing, Yuy?" Duo rasped out as his face was pushed to the mattress of the small bunk.

"You're bleeding."

"So what if I am, it isn't anything much."

"You promised me you would get it looked at in case of internal damage from that time on the moon base."

"Look Heero, there isn't any internal damage, G has checked me over and I'm fit okay?" Duo knew it was a white lie. G had checked him out; given him a quick physical when he'd caught up with him a couple of months later and pronounced him fit and healthy. Duo hadn't told him about the bleeding, to be honest he'd forgotten all about it and since then he'd only bled a couple more times and it didn't last very long. The mild discomfort he experienced with it, wasn't enough to complain about and so he hadn't bothered with it. He had done some checking though to see if there was a simple explanation for it and had deducted that he was simply suffering from the occasional ruptured hemorrhoid.

Heero gave him a look that clearly said he didn't believe him. "Then what is causing this bleeding and how often does it happen?"

Duo sighed and rolled to his side. "If you must know Heero I'm pretty sure it's just a ruptured hemorrhoid, they do happen you know and given the amount of time spent sitting in the cold cockpit or in Oz cells on metal floors freezing my ass off, I'm surprised I haven't got more of them."

Heero's mind chewed on that for a moment. It did seem a logical explanation.

"Besides Heero, I haven't had much of a chance to get it looked at or fixed, there is a war on and I've been kinda occupied. I figured that if I survive then I'll get it checked out after the war. It doesn't happen very often and the amount of blood loss is insignificant, it usually only lasts a couple of days or so."

Heero had to admit that given the circumstances Duo was doing the best he could. His small amount of medical knowledge in that department didn't stretch very far. He did know though that they couldn't afford to be one pilot down, not with something stirring on the horizon. "Promise me you will get it looked at when all this is over?" Heero drew the braided one back into his arms and proceeded to kiss him thoroughly.

Duo responded to the kisses, glad the topic was over.

He never did make that promise.

~ oOo ~

tbc.......