Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 104 ( Chapter 104 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Please see earlier chapters for notes, disclaimer etc...
 
"Chimaera"
 
October. 2003 ShenLong
 
 
 
Chapter 104
 
Heero sighed and reached for his mug, only to find it empty. He put it back down on the coaster and began the process of shutting down the computer. Picking up the papers he'd printed out and snagging the mug, Heero went through to the kitchen and put the kettle back on to boil. He hummed to himself as he prepared the vegetables for their dinner; a simple stir fry. Once the task was complete, Heero put the prepared food into a couple of bowls and stuck them in the 'fridge for later. He glanced at the clock and thought it best to go check on his partner. He hadn't heard Duo call out for him so he assumed the man was still asleep.
 
Heero moved quietly up the stairs and eased the door to their bedroom open. Duo's body was still under the covers so Heero walked softly to the side of the bed and glanced down at his sleeping partner. Heero smiled. Duo's features were relaxed, his creamy skin smooth and glowing. The eyelids fluttered and then opened, violet blue gazed sleepily at him and Heero gave another smile. "Sleep okay?"
 
"Mmmm..." Duo yawned. "How long was I out for?"
 
"Two hours," replied Heero as he sat on the edge of the bed and brushed Duo's bangs from his forehead. "You look better for it though."
 
"I feel better." Duo shifted and caught Heero's hand, bringing it to his lips and pressing a kiss to the palm. "Love you."
 
"Love you too, Duo. Feel like getting up or would you rather stay in bed? I can heat dinner and bring it up to you."
 
"Nah. Thanks all the same but I think I'd prefer to get up. We still have a few things to discuss, Heero."
 
"Duo?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"While you were asleep I did a little researching on the Internet. I thought if I could find out as much as possible on your condition it might help a bit when making your decision on whether or not to keep your... ummm... your female parts."
 
Duo smiled and shook his head. "I should have known."
 
"Nani?"
 
Duo chuckled. "I should have known that you would do something like that. It makes perfect sense that you would want to gather as much information as possible."
 
Heero turned his sheepish gaze away. "I didn't mean any disrespect..."
 
"Heero?" Duo grabbed Heero's wrist and squeezed. "I'm pleased that you did."
 
A shy smile greeted Duo. "You're not angry?"
 
"No. I think it is a good idea. Look, Heero. All the missions we had to do during the war, we didn't go into any of them without vital information, now did we?"
 
"No, we didn't."
 
"Then it would make perfect sense to have as much information as possible for this 'mission', wouldn't it?"
 
"I suppose so."
 
"Then you did the right thing. I would expect nothing less of you, Heero." Duo began to pull himself up, Heero assisting him to the sitting position. "Now. Where's my wake up kiss?"
 
Heero obligingly gave his husband the requested kiss, along with a lot of tongue. When they pulled apart, both men were flushed and panting slightly.
 
"God, you get me so horny with just a simple kiss," moaned Duo.
 
Heero wasn't unaffected either but given Duo's advanced state of pregnancy there wasn't a great deal they could do.
 
"I really miss making love to you, Heero," Duo whispered as he leaned into his husband.
 
"I miss it too, Duo, but we can't. It's far too close to the delivery and I refuse to do anything to hurt either you or the baby," replied Heero.
 
"I know," said Duo softly. "Doesn't mean I have to like it though."
 
"Don't worry. It won't be too much longer before you have the child, Duo. Once you're recovered and feeling well again we can make love all we want."
 
"I suppose so."
 
Heero frowned. "What's... Oh." It dawned on Heero then what Duo wasn't saying. It all came back to Duo's female bits. "Don't worry, Duo. You can always make love to me, you don't have to be the bottom, you know."
 
"I know that, Heero, and I appreciate what you're saying, but... As much as I love making love to you, I also enjoy having you make love to me. I don't want to lose that feeling. I want to continue sharing the top and bottom roles but..."
 
"Duo." Heero lifted Duo's face so he could look his husband in the eye. "Come downstairs and take a look at what I've found then let's discuss this over dinner."
 
Duo nodded and then grinned.
 
"What's so funny?" asked Heero.
 
"Think about it, Heero. This topic isn't exactly what I would call dinner table conversation."
 
Heero smirked. "No, it isn't but we still need to talk about it and this is as good a time as any."
 
"I guess so."
 
"Come on then. I'll help you up and down the stairs. How's your back?"
 
"Back's fine."
 
"Good."
 
"But I wouldn't say no to one of your wondrous massages later."
 
"You've got it, little mother."
 
"Don't call me that."
 
* * *
 
Heero had cooked dinner and the pair had eaten it while Duo looked over the information that his partner had found on the Internet. With dinner over and the dishes done, the pair retired to the lounge room to discuss the current situation.
 
"I know that all this information is supposed to help, Heero, but it really doesn't answer much in the way of questions." Duo rifled through the papers.
 
"I know. You have to remember, Duo, your case is unique, there has never been a recorded hermaphrodite ever having given birth before. From the information I could find, all known cases of hermaphrodites have been sterile."
 
"Yeah, I can see that," replied Duo as he read another paragraph. "Seems that even in the past when cases were reported the person in question was never able to have children. Nowadays, if this information is true, once a child is detected as being a hermaphrodite the 'minor' organs are removed but the person still remains sterile." Duo gave a small chuckle.
 
"Find something funny?" questioned Heero.
 
"Not really. I was just thinking though. How would they know which set of reproductive organs to remove? What if they discovered a child was born a hermaphrodite and they removed say the male organs and as the child grew up it took on the male appearance?"
 
"Hn." Duo did have a point there he supposed. "I am assuming that they would remove the underdeveloped genitalia."
 
"It's food for thought though. Take me for example. If I had been born under different circumstances and my situation had been detected and they had removed my male bits where would that leave me now? Could pose a bit of a problem, don't you think?"
 
"I always wondered where your braid fitted into the scheme of things," teased Heero.
 
"Hey! I am not female, dammit!"
 
"I'm not saying you are. It just makes some of the things about you more understandable knowing you have female parts." Heero continued to tease his husband.
 
Duo gave his partner a glare.
 
"This isn't getting us any closer to making a decision, Duo," Heero relented. "We need to get back on track here. Let's start at the beginning and work through the options."
 
Duo sighed. "Yeah, you're right. Okay, first option; have the bits removed."
 
"Sally did say she could remove them whilst doing the C-section."
 
Duo grabbed a folder from the coffee table and opened it up. Inside Sally had put as much information and documentation as she could in regards to Duo's condition. "According to Sally's findings from when she opened me up to remove that bullet as well as the ultrasound scans and the information G gave her, it would appear that the female anatomy that I possess is minimal." Duo studied the paperwork a little more, Heero peering over his shoulder.
 
"According to this you have one ovary and a uterus which is slightly deformed. There's no vagina present but a small tube that connects the uterus to the lower bowel," said Heero as he read from the paper.
 
"Correct. It is obvious that I am not following the laws of nature when it comes to hermaphrodites being sterile," said Duo as he ran a hand over his abdomen and the baby within. "That much is obvious. What we don't know is am I fertile as far as being a male goes? And once this baby is born am I still going to be fertile in the female sense?"
 
"Hn." Heero thought hard. "Let's take a few steps back. Looking at G's reports when he first discovered your condition he states that the female parts were defunct. Even when you had passed through puberty they still remained dormant while the male side developed naturally. He doesn't say if he did a fertility test anywhere."
 
"He didn't."
 
"How would you know?"
 
"Heero, I'm pretty sure I would remember it if I'd had to jack off and give G a sample. He may have been a lot of things but he's not a pervert." Duo turned to face his husband and noticed that Heero was beginning to turn a little red. "Heero? Don't tell me..."
 
"Aa."
 
"You mean J made you jack off and give him a sample for fertility testing?"
 
Heero bit his lip and nodded.
 
"Why that sick, twisted bastard."
 
"Duo, it doesn't matter what happened in the past, it's finished, over with. At least we know I am capable of fathering a child despite all the training and tests I had to endure."
 
Duo's eyes softened and he gave a smile, picking up Heero's hand and kissing it. "Yes, Heero. You are capable of fathering a child and I'm happy that it's our child that you chose to father."
 
"Well, technically speaking I didn't know I was going to be the father, I mean, we didn't know that you could conceive..." Heero trailed off, unsure of the words he needed to express what he was feeling. He didn't need words though, Duo understood completely what he was trying to say.
 
"It's okay, Heero. I know what you mean. Love you."
 
"I love you too, Duo." Heero leaned forwards and brushed his lips across Duo's. "So, what do you want to do then?"
 
"I'm still not really sure, Heero. I suppose that a part of me wants to keep the female bits, after all they are a part of me and who I am. But on the other side there is all the other stuff Sally said about. You know, I will need to have tests for all sorts of things. I don't know if I can go through with all that, too many memories from the war and stuff that happened at the hands of the Ozzies." Duo shuddered and closed his eyes as the memories flooded back.
 
Heero rubbed circles over Duo's back as he soothed his partner. "I'm pretty sure that any tests Sally does she will try to keep to an absolute minimum and be as non-invasive as possible."
 
"I guess you're right. Who knows though, after this child I may become infertile. Whatever it was that sparked my organs to work may have left my system or whatever."
 
Heero gave his lover a skeptical look.
 
"Or maybe not."
 
"Duo, the chances are that even after this child is born you will remain fertile. I don't know about the male side of things, if you're fertile there or not."
 
"I guess I could always give Sally a sample and get her to test it for me."
 
"Hai, you could, if you want to."
 
"I just thought of something funny, Heero," Duo snickered.
 
"And that would be?"
 
"Think about it, Heero. I get Sally to check out my fertility; my female parts continue to function so I'm still capable of conceiving a child; my male parts are also fertile so I'm capable of fathering a child."
 
"And this is leading where?" Heero raised an eyebrow.
 
"Don't you get it? I can father and conceive my own baby." Duo dissolved into fits of laughter. "Oh, man! Could you imagine the birth certificate? Father: Duo Maxwell. Mother: Duo Maxwell. The people at the records company would be having fits!"
 
Heero had to admit it was rather funny and added his own snickers to Duo's laughter but then a thought sobered him up. "Actually, Duo, that isn't far from the truth."
 
"Eh?"
 
"This baby's birth certificate.... Father: Heero Yuy. Mother: Duo Maxwell."
 
"Oh fuck!"
 
"I think I'd better add that to the list of questions to ask Sally."
 
"I think you should."
 
* * *
 
"My head is spinning, Heero," said Duo as he rubbed his weary eyes.
 
"Mine's not much better but at least we have a little more to work with now," replied Heero. The pair of them had spent a considerable amount of time surfing the Internet and looking for more information, not only on hermaphrodites but also on hysterectomies as essentially that was what Duo would be undergoing if he decided to go ahead and have his female parts removed.
 
"Yeah, we have more information all right but we're still no closer to a decision," grumbled Duo.
 
"Come on, Duo. Let's go to bed and I'll give you that back rub. We can discuss it a little more in bed."
 
"Okay."
 
The pair headed up the stairs to bed and while Duo took his shower, Heero took Miracle out for a quick run then locked and secured the house and grounds, setting the alarm system and then going back upstairs to where his husband waited. Heero took his shower and joined his partner in their large bed. He brought out the massage oil and with Duo on his side, Heero began to massage the tired muscles of Duo's back and shoulders.
 
"The way I see it, Heero. Mmmm... nice. I can simply tell Sally to remove the parts and that will be the end of it."
 
"Hai, that's the one option."
 
"If I decide to keep them though, well..."
 
"What?"
 
"I think I'd like to get a fertility test done, Heero. You know, make sure that my sperm is viable. If I'm going to have the female parts removed I'd like to know I could still father a child. The advances they're making with technology these days and cloning and stuff, well... What I'm trying to say, Heero, is that down the track I might want to have another child and if I don't have the female parts then as long as I'm fertile with sperm then we can always look at the possibilities of gene splicing and stuff."
 
Heero smiled. "Makes perfect sense to me. I think that maybe at some stage in the future I wouldn't mind having another child as well. If we are both capable then there's nothing to stop us."
 
"Yeah. On the other hand, if my sperm isn't capable but my female parts are then it would make sense to keep them. You following?"
 
"Hai."
 
"If I do keep the female parts then I'm going to need to have Sally monitor me to see how often and when I ovulate as well as what precautions we will need to take to prevent an unwanted pregnancy; that's providing my body survives this one."
 
"This is sounding more and more like a dog chasing its tail the further we analyze it," grumbled Heero.
 
Duo chuckled. "It is a bit of an endless circle, I agree. Unfortunately though I have to come to a decision one way or the other."
 
Heero's head was beginning to hurt from information overload.
 
"I think I know what I'm going to do, Heero."
 
"You do?"
 
"Yup, but I will need to speak to Sally again first, there's a few points I'd like to clear up with her before making the final choice.
 
"Okay. I'll speak with her at work tomorrow and ask her to drop in tomorrow on her way home."
 
"Thanks, Heero." Duo shifted slightly. "A little more to the left, please."
 
Heero shook his head. "Baka," he said softly but moved his hands to massage where Duo had asked anyway.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc.......