Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Angel ❯ Christmas Angel ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
Merry Christmas Duo
Gundam Wing Fiction by:
Dark Shinigami/03
************************************************************************ *******
The normal blah blah disclaimer. I obviousely don't own the Wing Guys (duh) and this is no way in related with Bandi.Sunrise or any of them. I'm just borrowing the guys for the time being and will return them safely. So please don't sue me. All my money goes to buying your stuff anyway. :3.
************************************************************************ *******

A drift of snow came in as the door to the safe house was opend and a very merry and cheery Duo stepped in from the cold winter snow. A bright cheery Santa hat with a Holly green bow that tied off the end ,pulled down over his hair. The hat's bells inside, gave a small little jungle like the bells on horses in the winter snows as they gave slegh rides. A equilly christmasy scaf, red green and white was wound around his neck and hung down over his chest...though his coat was open. Arms full of packages, gifts for the others he struggled to get the door closed. Finally able to close it and hault the snow from comeing in He set the bags and boxes down on the floor. Giveing a shake brushing off the white fluff. It looked like it was going to be a nice white christmas. It was times like this that Duo was glad that he had a nice warm home to come back to.

The house though was not quiet, it was a buzz with the guys going here and there. The small little house was some what close qartered haveing to have the space devided between five teenaged boys. There was always someone occupying something that the other was waiting for. The bathroom always seemed to be a place of controversy. For now it was the hall. People where all dressed bundled against the winters cold and seeming ready to head off somewhere. Gathering up the gifts he had brought home and heading down the hall , Duo watched the items protectively as he wondered what was everyones hurry. Opening the door to his room, which Quatre claimed was a Bio-Hazard area, stepping over the piles of clothes, comics and Manga books, he placed the gifts into his closet and wrestled it closed. It should hold. Then bounded out of the room to see what was happening. "Hey what gives? Where is everyone going? Did I miss something?" He was able to catch Trowa who was going past him with duffle bag slung over his shoulder. "Hey your leaveing?" Duo hautled him by griping to Trowa's upper arm. "Your not going to be here for Christmas?" He batted the white pompom of his Santa hat from his face, as he continued to assult the taller boy with questions. "I'm going back to be with Catherine for the Hoildays. It's been a while since I seen her." Duo felt a pang of envy that Trowa at least had someone of his 'real' family to spend the season with. "Oh." He said seeming a bit dissapointed, after all it was like the four guys had become Duo's family. For one not to be there was dissapointing. "Well I'll see you then when you get back. You have fun ok?" That delightful little smile of Duo's played on his lips, even though inside he was wishing that Trowa could have stayed.

Finding out where it was that Trowa was off to he was now interested in finding out where the others were heading off to. Surely someone was going to be staying to spend christmas with him. Catching up with Quatre he was sad to find out that he too was going back home to spend time with his family. "I had better return, lest my sisters come to find me" Quatre joked as he packed things into his suit case. "It's been some time since I have seen them and I'm sure there going to be looking forward to seeing me at home. But don't worrie Duo I'll be back after to be here with you for New Years. I hope you understand" Quatre really did'ent want to leave him at a time like this, but after all his sisters had asked that he be there for them when Christmas came so that they could all celebrate togther. Quatre was not wanting to dissapoint them. Duo just blew it off like it was no biggy, though inside his hopes for a nice Christmas with friends and 'family', was waining. "Oh yeah sure." Duo gave a idel wave of his hand and gave a nonchalant expression to help strong hold this false-happy front. Why of all of them...did Quatre have to go?. The only one that took as much of enjoyment out of things as he did, and some how mannaged to keep Duo in check when he was being bad. " I know that they mean alot to you and they need you after all, You just tell them I hope they have a good Christmas for me, and to return you in one peice. I know how they love those hugs" Duo laughed lighly, as he leaned against the door way to Quatre's room that always seemed to be so neat...not like the disaster zone that his was. He continued to chat with Quatre until the taxi came to pick him up. Duo was upset to see him go. This even he found hard to hide. Trowa and Quatre both were not going to be here but it still left Wufei and Heero.

Comeing to what was Wufei's room, Duo was'ent to surprized to find that it was empty. Wufei always seemed to take off on little endevors when it suited him. He would probbly be back later to- "He's not here." Heero said catching Duo looking into the empty room. "What?" Duo was caught offguard from his thoughts " Where did Wu-man go? I thought he was staying here. He was'ent big on christmas, but he was company.", "Sally came to get him, they went to the reble compound for christmas. I don't know how she did it but she talked him into it. They left earlier today" Walking on to his room Heero left Duo feeling a bit...lost. A sinking feeling hit Duo. He chased after Heero down the hall. "Hey your staying right? it can be just you and me here, thats not to bad. I mean it saves on cooking. It'll be fun! We could have supper watch a little T.V. There's a great movie on tonight that we could watch. Anything you wanna do. Please Heero I don't want to be here alone.". Duo taged along behind Heero following him to his room. Heero did'ent say anything. Duo got that horribal feeling. "Your staying..right Heero?" He asked again. It was more of a plea then a question and Heero would have rather ignored it then have answered. He was emotionless most of the time, but the tone that Duo had said the question in made him feel bad for leaveing Duo behind. "I can't" he said as simple as he could. It was best to let him know now and up front then to dance around the obviouse and hurt him later. Duo's happy expression sank as he came to the door and found that Heero even had a place to go for the season. "I was invited to spend Christmas with Relena. Formal you understand. So you can't come." It was Heero's nice way of saying that Duo did'ent fit in well with fancy shindigs. Inviteing Duo was like inviteing a crow to a swan party. He just would'ent fit in or conform. Though Duo did clean up nice when he was placed in a tux and taught some grace, even Heero had to admit this, but Heero did'ent think that Relena would like it if he was tagging along with them. It was more of a 'private' matter. He would understand.

Heero had been his last hope, if anything Heero always said yes, to spare himself from the torment of haveing to listen to Duo exorbitantly repeat "Can I come? Can I come?" until Heero felt like severing off his own ears to spite haveing to listen to the pleas. This time the message was clear and told. No!. He could'et tag along this time.

So there it was...Duo was spending Christmas all alone, since he had no where to go. He had asked Hilde if she was doing anything for christmas. She could spend it with him, but she was going to a friends for the season. She had invited Duo but he was thinking more along the lines that it could be just the two of them. He declined. Now he was wishing that he had gone. When everyone went out and on there way leaveing the house empty, and Duo there alone. The christmas decor was partly set up before things were planed and people had to leave. To pass the time and to not think about the now lonely season he finished that up.

Well all except the Tree. That he was going to have to go and get. Though it seemed rather pointless now. After all...it was just him. "What a crappy Christmas" he sighed out to himself as he slumped down on the couch of the now quiet house. "My first Christmas with close friends and I'm all alone. As par usual", He looked out to the snow that was still lightly falling. "Who am I kidding I think I'm going to be spending them all alone." He was trieing hard not to be upset more then anything...that they could abandon him like that. " After all I have managed alone before." He told himself. His own private support group. Sighing he got up from the couch and pulled on his coat, he was going to get a tree...the best one that he could find. If he was going to be alone he might as well make the best of it. Pulling on his Santa hat and wraping up in his candy cane like scarf he went out leaveing the empty house, and lonelyness behind.

Shopping was not much of a deversion. Seeing all the cheery people, talking about where they were going for christmas and the people they were going to see only reminded Duo about the empty home that he was going to be going back to when he returned. No cheery tones and greetings from Quatre each moning and thoughout the day, no hot chocolate made by Trowa, **who always added extra marhsmellows for Duo**. To quick quips from Heero about how stupid Duo looked in his reindeer antlers with bells on the head peice, or how he was attracted to the shiny wrapping and ornaments. He was even going to miss the way that Wufei yelled at him and threatend that he was going to choke him with a christmas orange if he sang Jingle-bells with Quatre one more time.

Duo tried to hide these thoughts and feelings behind his mission to get the perfect christmas tree....if it was there really was no tree that was pleaseing him. The fact that he was intentionally finding fault with each one. The needles to dry, tree to tall, to short, to wide, to lopsidded,not enough branches. As long as he did'ent find that perfect tree...he was not going to have to go back to a empty home and spend the most warmest season where friends and family come together and share the season of loveing and giveing. All alone. He combed the whole city not really seeming to be finding what it was that he was looking for...he never would. Comeing to a cross walk and waiting at the stop light to change so that he could cross the street, the most unlikely thing happned. Standing there in the cold, silvery breaths collecting into the night, as he stood shivering waiting for the light to change, he thought he heard a small cough. It was something that would'ent have gotten his attention except for the fact that it seemed to be of a child. He looked around, the small bells in his hat makeing a small jingleing sound. He was alone...but he was sure he had heard something. I was a sound that seemed to fill him with a sense of dread. A small child sick. Sickness in the winter. Great just all he needed to think about on this cheery wonderful Christmas. Solo.

Another thought to be pushed from his mind. The light changed from green to yellow. About time to cross the street. There! There it was again. A small little cough, cold and forced. He turned around. There was a pile of boxes next some the trash cans collected in the snow along a brick building. Raiseing his interest, Duo left the curb and walked toward them, something telling him that this was the origin of the sniffle. The boxes seemed to pull in and hide something, he was not going to go barging in if there was something there. He crouched down in the snow on the sidewalk as he looked. There was nothing out of the ordeary. "Hello there?" he said softly, gaining strange looks from passers by as someone dressed in a Santa hat and scarf, addressing garbage was speaking to some discarded boxes. There was whispers about him and his lack of sanity but Duo did'ent care. It would'ent be the first time his sanity was questioned.

He waited not moveing as the snow collected over him, in due time they would show. Small fingers slowly came into view. Red with the cold and curled around one edge of the boxes, pushing them aside lightly. A sea blue eye peeked out at him from the boxes. A small blond brow above it arched lighly, hidden only by blond bangs. A cough. "So you are the one with the sniffles" Duo said smileing lightly and averting his eyes dug into his pocket of his coat and pulling out a handkerchife. He handed it out to the pile of boxes. "Here" he said lightly waiting, before a small pink hand reached out and took it from him. The fingers that touched his hand were so frightfully cold. He felt something pull at his heart, grip it and squeeze. He knew what they were....they were was what he had been. Cold, alone, most likely, Homeless. There came a small "Thank you" from behind the box blind. Duo just smiled warmly. "Are you going to come out or am I going to have to carry on a conversation with these nice looking boxes? You know..." he said leaning in and over exagerateing the whispered seceret "People are going to think I'm a little strange, me talking to boxes...unless that is you want to let me see the one that I'm talking to?". There was a long pause and then the one box was pushed away. A small little blond girl. like Duo had first suspected was crouched there against the brick building. Her coat thin and not suited to winter, a little dirty blue dress tattred and torn like her white leggings offered her no shelter from the cold. She looked a shade of frozen as her skin that peeked though the holes in the leggings was a reddish white...fearing frost bite.

"What are you doing hideing in there? You must be so cold." Duo on instinct pulled off his coat and wrapped it around her. She sniffled and clung to the handkerchif that Duo had given to her. "You don't have any place to go do you?" I said lightly before her as he was still crouched down to her height. She only shook her head lightly. He gave a small little smile. "Well you know what?...if you want to, you can come and spend Christmas with me. I'm Duo" he said makeing his quick introduction. "I'm all alone too and I would'ent mind spending it with you. It would be warm. You could get something to eat." The offer of it being warm , fed and haveing some place to stay seemed to be to her likeing. "Would you like that?. It has to be better then being out here where its so cold." The child gave a small little shiver and then nodded lightly. Anything was better then staying where she was now, on the verge of freezeing to death. "Well then, you can come with me. I was just out looking for a tree maybe you can help me. Do you have a name?". She gave a small little smile and before he knew what was going on she hugged to him, cold little arms around his neck. "My names Jasmine.". Duo hugged to her as well, wanting to only keep her warm. One little soul Shinigami had saved tonight.

Picking her up, he carried Jasmine, her stocking feet tucked into his coat which he had put on,as she was bundled up on the other side of it, shareing warmpth. Still with his scarf about her neck. The first thing that Duo did was baught her a nice warm coat, pants and scarf of her own. Wool mitts and hat, and a decent pair of shoes. Jasmine held to him as they went looking though the mess of trees. Now it seemed that every one had its charm. The ones that he had not liked before..had seen fault in. Jasmine seemed to find the interesting points in them After they had chosin a tree, they headed back to the Safe House. There the two of them with some difficutly on Duo's part got the tree up and were able to round up some lights and old decorations from past times. Possably Quatre had brought them with him. Jasmine stayed there looking to the tree as Duo went to go and get them something to eat. She was spying over the tree...looking to the lights and the glittering ornaments. There where deer and santa's, Gifts and glittering orbs. Jasmine looked up to the very hight of the tree to see something that puzzled her. It was a lady in a dress with wings?. She was really pretty, but she did'ent understand why she was there. When Duo came back into the room Jasmine turned and asked.

"Here you go, good old traditional cookies and milk" he beamed to her and then saw her expression as he set them down on the end table and sat before the tree next to where she was seated. "Something wrong?". She pointed to the top of the tree." Duo, what's that?" Looking up he saw the angel that he had helped Jasmine put to the top of the tree. "Oh! thats the Angel". The small little girl frowned. "Why did she have to go to the top of the tree?" The little girl had so many questions. "Well," he began, " Because its tradition. Some people put the Star that lead the people to the baby Jesus and some put the Angel that that told of his arrival". Duo suddenly felt like he had been transported back to when he was small and he heard the same exact questions and words said between him and Sister Helen. "Whats an Angel?" she continued to stare to the figure at the top of the tree. " Angels...." Duo thought about this answer carefully. "Angels are messangers of God." he had to smirk a little. " They help those that need help and look after them." Duo could'ent help but note the irony of his words. He never understood God and so never really cared. So as for the Angels, he did'ent belive much in them neither. Where had they been....when he needed them?.

As he said this, Jasmine suddenly looked to him wide-eyed like he had said something to startle her. Jasmine got up quickly and grasping to Duo's shoulders looked over his right shoulder, then his left. She then sat back looking puzzled. Duo was just as puzzled. "What are you doing?" He asked. "You cared for me and helped me when I needed it." Jasmine said with all the innocents she had. "I wanted to know ...where are your wings?".

The words hit him and made him just sit there and blink. His heart ached. If only she knew. Knew that his 'wings' were broken, bleeding and not those of an Angel. He smiled almost saddly as he pulled Jasmine into a embrace. The two finished off there cookies and milk in thoughtful silence. The child looked like she was going to nodd off any time now and Duo thought that maybe it was bed time for her. Gathering up the plates and glasses, Duo took them into the kitchen. "Maybe you had better get ready for bed ne little one? There is always time tommorow to talk and-" As he came out of the kitchen he found her curled up on the floor soundly sleeping before the tree. The angel atop looking down on her. Duo gave a small smile and quietly crept into the room. Not hard for him, to not make a sound. Gathering her up gently to not wake her he carried her to the rooms down the hall. He gave her Heero's room. He would'ent mind after all and he did'ent want her lost in the mess of his.(*_*). After tucking her in, he retired for the night himself. It was three days before christmas and he had lots to do tommrow.

Something bounded onto the bed and woke him, into a sleepy state. Soft blond hair was pressed up against his chin as the little girl snuggled her back into his chest. "Jasmine?" he asked softly. "I was scared sleeping in there alone". Duo did'ent feel like asking anymore..and really did'ent mind. The two of them spent most of the morning being lazy and sleeping in. "So what would you like for christmas?" Duo asked her as he layed on the bed looking up to the celing and she imitated beside him. Hands behind her head. "I don't want anything for christmas. I already got what I always wanted." Blinking Duo turned his head to look at her. "Oh really? whats that?" She gave a small little smile she adopted from him. " A warm place to stay...and someone to look after me. Even if it's just for a little bit". He felt his heart skip a bit. He was her Christmas gift. "Even though you are messy and sometimes silly." She teased. Dou grabbed his pillow and bopped her with it, as she laughed out lightly and grabbing her pillow got him back. Soon it turned into a laughing, playing Pillow-Fight of which Quatre would never have approved of. It was'ent till around noon that the two of them after chating a bit and getting into the pillow-fight over the small teaseing..on Jasmines part, decided that it was time to get something done. Duo hauled out the gifts that he had baught for the guys. "Wow you must have a lot of friends." Jasmine said looking to the gifts as they spilled out of the closet. Duo smiled lightly, a bit saddly. "Yeah there really good friends too." he started to gather up the gifts, "Where are they? are they comeing for Christmas?" Jasmine inquiered as she helped pick up somethings. A box of Chocolates that where for Quatre. "Um...No there not" Duo was waiting to avoid the question. "There going home for Christmas...it's going to be just you and me." He smiled again...it was always easy to hide behind a smile. Everything was ok and no one saw you hurting when you smiled. "Well I'm glad that I could share Christmas with you" Jasmine smiled.

They hauled the gifts out into the kitchen and placed them on the table. Jasmine went to get the tape and duo set out looking for paper....but could'ent find any..in the rush of the season, he had forgot to get wrapping paper. "Well shoot!" he said stopping to contemplate. "I got ribbon, bows, tape. But no paper." He frowned. "I gotta go down town and get some I guess." Jasmine smiled. "Oh! Can I come!" Duo had to laugh...she sounded like him already. "Sure" he said smileing. "Go get ready." He did'ent have to ask twice. She dashed from the table and was on her way to get dressed and get ready. She loved playing in the snow.

Heading into town, on there mission for paper, they wandered there way into a shop, that seemed to be quite busy. There was decorations and muisc of the Christmas genear playing over speakers as they entered into the store. All to put you 'in the mood'. Well Jasmine was looking at the toys and cooing over a large white stuffed teddy bear, in the toy section, Duo had mannaged to find a moutain of paper rolls. He gathered a arm full of the paper. Knowing his temperment with wrapping and dealing with tape. He was going to need all the paper he could get. He was on the way to the till with his find when he heard Jasmine call to him. She came toteing up behind. "Duo can I have this? Pleeeeeeaase?" said she already adopting his naughty little grin. Turning around Duo looked down to Jasmine and was greeted with her giveing him a grin and holding to the bear. He was about to tell her about his question this morning when the words froze in his throat. On the wall just past her there was a poster on the wall. It was a reward for a lost little child that thier parents had been looking for for almost six years now. The picture of the child. Was Jasmine!. She was'ent homeless...she was missing.

Jasmine tugged to his scarf as she seemed to stare off reading the information and if she was found to please contact the parents any time. There was a summly reward...but he did'ent care about that, money had no meaning to Duo. He looked to Jasmine only after she tugged hard and said "Are you ok?! whats wrong?" he gave his head a shake and looked to her. "Huh?...Oh...Oh! I'm ok sorry about that kiddo, I just...zoned out.." he looked back to the poster. "Come on we better pay for this and get you home huh?" This was true....he had to get her home. Paying for the things and then heading back to the safe house. Jasmine could'ent help but notice that Duo was really, quiet. He was'ent jokeing or just talking to her about silly little things, he seemed upset. She hugged to him. "Are you sure that your ok?" she said looking concerned as she hugged to her teddy bear on the walk home. Duo nodded.."Yeah...Yeah I'm fine" he lied. He was thinking about what was going to be the right thing to do...the moral thing. He knew though that he could'ent keep her...she was'ent his to keep.

It would have been diffrent if she had no one to take care of her, but her parents were looking for her. They missed her as much as probbly his parents would have. She knew the story about him, he had told her in there little conversation that he was like her...he had no one to care for him neather. Well he thought she was like him. She had parents that loved her...missed her, were still looking for her. He could'ent keep her from them. He sat at the table head in his hands,thinking all this. None of the gift's had been touched. It was then that Jasmine came up to him. "Whats wrong....did we forget something?" She questioned about the unwrapped gifts. "No..." Duo said quietly.

"Jasmine" he started out as he looked up to her...looking a bit uneased. "Jasmine....I want to take you somewhere.....it's some place that I think you need to see."

Takeing the information from the poster in the shop, Duo and Jasmine walked that night to the address that he had written down. The Christmas lights danced off the snow and the glitter of the ice as they walked into the night. It was the night before Christmas eve and he was starting to doubt that any miracle was going to happen. That she would'ent be this girl they were looking for and that she could stay with him. As they came up the side walk he looked to the buildings. "2850 east......2852.....This is it. 2854." They stopped and looked to the house. It was a nice looking house. White, two story. Small well kept front yard. Duo looked down to Jasmine who held to his hand with a small mitted one. "Do you remember this place Jasmine?. Dose it look like something that you remember?". The little girl looked to the house and tilted her head to the side...."Not...really. Am I suppose to know it Duo?" He sighed lightly and then went to the gate way...opening it for her and then following behind. Part way up the walk....he told her to stay there and that he would be right back. Continueing the rest of the way Duo came up the steps and rang the door. Waiting only a momment it was then that a woman came to the door.

She looked to Duo and frowned a little, jugdeng from the way that Duo was dressed she did'ent understand what someone like him was doing out there at this time of night. "Yes?" she said as she opened the door partly to look at him. " Can I help you?". Duo staled a bit and then said, "This...this poster" he said showing the one that he had aquired off a power pole. "This little girl...you have been looking for her?. I think...I found her." by this time, it was then that the womans husband came along and asked what was going on. Duo Explained. How he had found Jasmine hideing on the streets, that he had taken her in and was careing for her, and then how he happend to see the poster and Jasmine looked alot like the little girl that was missing. They looked doubtful. Duo then called Jasmine over. "Jasmine....could you come here a momment?" The little girl that had been playing in the snow, chimmed in and came hopping along up the stair way. She had not even gotten the words out to ask what Duo wanted when the woman seeing the little girl suddenly rushed out and gathered her up. "JASMINE! MY BABY!!" she said as she covered the child in kisses and huggs. The little girl looked quite confused. She looked to Duo for a explination.

Duo smiled lightly. "Jasmine...these people are your parents. They have been looking for you for a very, very long time.", The little girl looked to the woman that was cooing over her. "Mom?..but I don't have parents" she said trieing to understand. "You were to young to remember." the man suddenly spoke up as he was braced against the door frame for support..."we...we lost you in the crowd when you were only small. We have been looking for you for years...we never gave up" he came to hug her to and Duo suddenly felt, like the third wheel.

They thanked Duo and asked if he would stay with them...come and spend Christmas with them, but Duo declined. They had not seen there child in many years..and he was not wanting to be in the way. He said his good-bye to his little friend and then went on his way. He was alone once more.

He thought that he would go to the only place where he could seek silence and solitude, where he could voice what was on his mind and someone was bound to hear,understand him and not tell him how he should be feeling. He wandered to the snow covered cemetery. He always came here just to sit and collect his thoughts. Talk out his feelings to any spirit that would listen...though he never got a responce...at least he did'ent think he did. But tonight he was not looking for cold solitude,he was looking for any form of company that was willing to not see him in the way. This seemed the most fitting place for him. Finding a tall narled Oak in the middle of the grave yard he rested back against it just watching the quiet snow fall around him, cover those that had been sleeping for so long. "why is it...the harder I try...the more alone I become?" He asked out lightly. "Am I ment to be alone though all my existance?" He kicked at the snow lightly with his one boot as he tucked his frozen hands into his pockets of his coat to warm them. Even his breath was chilled.Silver little clouds drifting to vanish into the night. He was feeling cold and tired. crowching down against the tree and huddling there he looked up to the sky..filled with the snow laden clouds that poured the white fluff down on the city. "I can't see the stars tonight.." he sighed out lightly, They always seemed to ease his feelings. He did'ent feel so alone if he could see them. "I wish I could see them...I need thier help tonight." he looked down and shivered as he pulled more into his coat. As he sat there against the tree, his eyes growing heavy and the cool snow covering him from the bite of the winter wind. Duo ended up falling asleep.

It was into the dawn when the harsh craw of a raven on a limb of the Oak woke Duo from his chilled sleep. Possably before he was going to be sleeping the eternal rest. On the grounds on which he layed. Moveing to sit up Duo dusted the snow off his pants and coat. He had lost track of time, fallen asleep. How long had he been there.....looking past the headstones he could see the sunlight riseing. It was Christmas Eve. Pulling up from the cold ground, he shivered and pulled his coat tightly. He probbly caught chill sleeping on the cold ground last night....lucky had had not frozen to death. But then...that would be his luck. Stalking about the city not wanting to return home, his condition only seemed to worsen. Duo would duck into a near by building that was open to warm up, only to have to leave since it was Christmas Eve and they closed early. It had started to snow again and grew dark early. He wandred the city until there was no more warm places to stop....Except home.

By the time he returned home it was already getting dark, he had spent the Eve, lonely and cold. Sick. Coughing as he came into the Safe house he gave a sore sigh and slumped against the Door. The cheery blink of the Christmas tree lights greeting him. He scowled at it...just wanting to tell it..."Shut up". he took off his coat and dropped it where it lay and left it there, kicking off his shoes and stalking to the kitchen. Getting a warm cup of coco to warm him...ease his acheing soul...St. Helen used to always make him something warm when he had been out playing in the cold to long. "You'll catch your Death out there!" she used to scold. Duo would only smirk....it was what he was doing all along...trieing to catch that elusive bastard...but it always seemed...he could find Duo first. Giveing a tired sigh he was heading off to bed, the hell with Christmas day, when he saw something that caught his eye. Going back to the tree and placeing the Coco down he reached under the tree for something that was pushed to the back of all the other gifts. Pulling it out it was a small bundle of a gift, not the best of wrapping job, and the crayon name tag told him who's little hands had wrapped it.

It must have been what she was doing when, he was so worried about haveing everything perfect. The small gold reindeer on the red background was what had caught his eyes. He sat back and held to the package, holding it tightly to him, wanting to cry but not able to. There came a click suddenly and then a small chime from the clock in the hall. A small little mommento that Trowa had brought with him. The small Chime rang in that it was midnight.....Christmas Day. He sat there on the floor before the tree, in silence not cheering and toasting the others haveing a blast at a loud party with his friends and loved ones...Just in thoughtful silence. Maybe thats what it was all about in the long run. Silance all around. The soft blink of the lights the only illuminating light, as he looked out to the snow from where he sat on the floor. He knew that where ever they were....they were thinking about him. He looked to the gift and thought that now was the best time as any to open it. When he did he found a small flat box, opening that there was a rough crayon drawing of him and Jasmine holding hands on a landscape of snow. Small circles showing snow falling around them. Duo had Angel wings, and a small crayon yellow halo. She had written at the top, *Merry Christmas to my Angel*, he gave a soft sad smile at the drawing, trembleing. "Merry Christmas" He whispered softly to himself.

He held to the drawing. Takeing up his Coco, decided that he was not going to be doing any good if he was to stay up and just ponder...after all there was all day tommorow to do that. He had just put the gift away into a safe place where he could put it up later when there came a knock to the door. "Who would be here at this time?" he said putting the warm cup of coco down and went back to answer the door. When he turned the knob and opened it, he was flooded with feelings....and people!

"HEY! MERRY CHRISTMAS DUO!!" Quatre said as he gave Duo a hug first full hearted and laughing. He almost knocked Duo back ward. It was all the guys. "Huh! what? I thought you huys where all gone for Christmas." "We were" Trowa said from the back of the group as they filed in thought the door."But it was'ent the same without you" Quatre finished off and smiled to him, hugging again. "Yeah it was to quiet and there was no one there to get drunk" Heero quiped in...but the smile that played at the corner of his lips let Duo know that Heero had missed him too. They all came in carrying gifts and food with them. Before Duo could ask about all the food Quatre let him know. "I'm not going to let you have T.V dinner on Christmas Duo!" Quatre scolded knowing the eatting habits of his friend. Then turned to slap Wufei's hand away from the Cookies. Scolding him too. This only gained him a seriouse frown from Wufei who only snuck a cookie when he was'ent looking anyway. They had brought with them Sally, Relena with Noin and Cathrine too. Each giveing the lone Pilot a hug as they passed. Cathrine who had always thought Duo a bad influence on Trowa gave him a quick peck on the cheek. She only gave them a hard time cause she cared. They had decided to come back to be with Duo on Christmas, he was'ent going to have to spend it alone!.

"Oh and I got something special for you Duo!" Quatre smiled as he went out the door for a second and Duo waited...not knowing what it was that Quatre could have gotten for him that was so grand. It was then that Quatre came back, but empty handed? he was'ent carring anything. Duo was confuzed until he saw his gift. Stepping out from behind Quatre, was Hilde.

Duo just about lost his composure. "Hilde?! You came!" he ran and gave her a hug tightly, "I'm so glad you came!" She smiled as she just about had the beath squeezed out of her and hugged him back. "I would'ent have missed it for the world." She said lightly to him and have him a small kiss on the cheek, then his forehead. "Your warm..."she said looking to him, noteing he was a bit under the weather "I'm going to have to take care of you my baby." She joked..."But!...I also want to give you something for Christmas" she smiled a bit naughty....and then leaned in to whisper into his ear, so the others could not hear.."But that will be later tonight...when we are alone" Then gave a little giggle as he looked to her eyes wide a bit surprized. She nuzzled to his soft warm chestnut hair. Duo's expression changed to a soft pleased expression as he wrapped his arms about her middle, held her closer, smileing went nose to nose with her. The mommnet was only broken as chatter came from Wufei about it being injust that Quatre would'ent allow him a orange, Trowa backing Quatre, and then of Heero protesting cause the girls were molesting him on getting into a decent looking suit and hair cut. Yup....this was going to be the best Christmas after all!.

************************************************************************ *********


xXMERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!Xx
From: Dark Shinigami/03