Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Cyren Song: Reading Between the Lines ❯ The Need of Information ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Reading Between the Lines: Cyren's Song

Chapter 3: The Need of Information

By: Kellendraysia

"You certainly are thorough my brother," Cyren muttered softly under her breath as a hint of a ghostly smile slid across her face for just an instant. She had been working for over an hour to gain access to all levels of the Wing's system. "Let's see here…"

Heero was in his room, staring at the ceiling as he lay on his bed thinking, not really sure what should be done concerning his sister. After laying there for an hour or two he decided to get up and get some work done on his Gundam. Coming into the hanger Heero froze when he looked up at to see Wing's cockpit open. He took off at a dead run and bolted up the stairs two at a time and down to Wing. He paused when he saw his sister sitting cross-legged on the cockpit's platform with a small laptop and was slightly taken back. He was unsure if he was bothered more by her new appearance or by her working on his Unit.

"What are you doing?" Heero asked in his usual deadpan tone.

"I'm working, what does it look like," Cyren replied in just as dry of a tone as Heero had asked.

"Your working on my Gundam," he responded as he crossed his arms about his chest.

"What is your point, Heero?" Cyren responded not looking up from her work as she finished downloading the last bit of information from Wing to her laptop. She then snapped the laptop closed set it off to the side as she got up and walked into the Gundam's cockpit and pulled out all of the data cables that she had been using and walked out to face her brother for the first time since he had arrived. She knew that Heero was unhappy with her though his face didn't show it but she really didn't care. She had a lot of work to get done in a short amount of time.

"Just exactly what were you doing to Wing?" Heero questioned as she exited his cockpit.

"Checking to see if information that I obtained was correct," Cyren commented back as she picked up her supplies. "I know that you have work to do so I'll leave you to it."

Cyren then walked of Wing's platform onto the docking platform, brushing right past Heero with out another word. She continued down the walkway surveying each of the other four Gundams along the way. She needed to check data on all of them but, some had prevalence over others. The next Gundam that she needed to check on was Deathscythe. She wanted to gain all the information that she could right away. The quicker she got her answers the sooner she could wipe the memory and files at Oz out of existence.

Heero turned and went after his sibling; he had no desire to allow her to mess with any of the other Gundams. It was bad enough that she had been toying with his. Catching up to her he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her to a halt.

"I don't think so, Cyren," Heero said, his voice carrying a threatening tone to it.

"Let me go," came her emotionless reply, as she turned to look at him.

"Not until you tell me what you're doing," Heero replied coolly. "I can handle what ever you have done to Wing but I'm not going to let you toy with anyone else's Unit."

"I really don't have time for this, Heero. I have a lot of work to do and a very short deadline in which to have it done. You're only slowing me down by trying to stop me. If you don't let me go and allow me to finish gaining the information that I need to have then Oz will still have the upper hand." Cyren explained as she met her brother's gaze with her own unwavering sight, whether or not Heero believed her was another story. Giving her arm a good tug she pulled free of Heero's grasp and continued on towards Deathscythe, with out looking back for one instant at Heero as she walked away.

Heero stood there for a moment allowing the information that his twin had given him to register, and then he began to turn it over and over in his mind. He did not like the implications that she had just told him, he was unsure if he should believe his twin but the risks that she implied made him trust her. I don't believe that she would lie to me but … he thought as he placed his right hand to his chin as he folded his left to wrap about his right elbow … can I trust her? Looking after Cyren he watched her as she made his way down the ramp, shaking his head he followed after her. I'll keep an eye on her, just to be safe.

Cyren paused before Deathscythe to look up at the Gundam that was recorded within her stolen logs as Gundam unit 02. Shifting the duffel bag that she had set upon her right shoulder she shrugged then headed over to the cockpit of Deathscythe and opened it after a few moments of working on the latch.

"Looks like your going to be a bit of a pain in the ass too," she commented blandly as the cockpit hissed softly as it opened.

"Deathscythe has much the personality of its pilot," Heero commented as he walked up behind her.

Cyren glanced over her shoulder for an instant before stepping onto Deathscythe's platform. Setting the duffel down she unzips it and starts pulling out her supplies again before walking into the cockpit with the data cables. Sitting down in the seat inside she begins hooking up the cables as she begins to mess with the console, bringing the Gundam to life. As Cyren works Heero steps upon the platform and leans upon the open door frame of the cockpit careful not to move the wires that she is working on connecting to the Gundam.

"So what have you found so far?" Heero asked in both slight curiosity and an actually attempt at a bit of conversation with his twin.

Cyren looked up from work inside the cockpit long enough to catch a glance of Heero leaning against the door. "I thought that you had work to do," she says to him coolly before turning back to her work. She really didn't feel like answering her twin's question, for as of right now she felt as if it were none of his damned business.

"It can wait a while longer, I want to make sure that you don't need any help," Heero retorted.

"Don't lie to me, Heero. You should know that I work better alone, without someone looking over my shoulder," Cyren stated not even looking up, "and I'm sure that you have plenty of work to do. So leave."

Not only had Cyren not looked up but she also did not answer his question either. Heero was a little perturbed by this but he was not going to press the issue further at this point in time. He wanted to trust her, though he felt that he shouldn't, he was going to try even if he had to force himself into walking away.

"All right," was his only response as he did force himself to walk away and return to his own Gundam. Where he began to work, but always keeping an eye upon where Cyren came and went.

"Well it looks as if the information that they have gather upon you is a little more accurate then it was on the Wing Gundam, unit 01 as Oz…. No Romafeller loves to call it." Cyren muttered to herself as the data started coming in from Deathscythe to her laptop.

Duo decided that it was time for him to return to the hanger, he had quite a bit of work a head of him in the line of repairing Deathscythe and prepping for the next assault whenever that may be. He picked up his pace and jogged back to the hanger, opening the door he headed in with a soft sigh as he was lost in though about what needed to be done first. Then he looked up and saw a sight that he didn't much care for, his Gundam's cockpit was wide open.

"I didn't think that I told anyone else to work on Deathscythe," he mutters to himself as he starts off towards his mobile suit.

Walking up the stairs he made his way down towards Deathscythe, seeing Heero working on Wing on the opposite side of the hanger and he shrugged. Upon reaching his Gundam and seeing a form sitting upon the cockpit platform he stopped, blinking a few times.

"What's going on here!! What are you doing to Deathscythe?!?!" Duo sputtered in frustration.

Cyren paused in her work to turn and look over her shoulder at Duo, she then shook her head and went back to work.

"Aaww no, I want some answers and your gonna give them to me one way or another," he started as he stepped out onto the platform. He walked toward the cockpit and stopped to grab hold of the wires. Duo was just about to give them a nice sharp pull when Cyren spoke.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," she remarked coolly.

"And what's gonna happen if I don't," Duo retorted back as he paused in his motion and turned to look at Cyren who was typing away at her little screen.

"Because I'll break your arm and both of your legs if you do," Cyren stated emotionlessly as she looked up at Duo again.

"Now wait just a second here! This is MY Gundam and I really don't appreciate it that you're messing with him! Go play with someone else's!!" Duo spat as he scowling as he leaned back upon the doorframe of the cockpit, still holding the wires.

Cyren watched Duo patiently as he raved on when something caught her attention within his pocket. She then asked, "What is that?"

"Oh this, it's nothing much, just…" Duo started then he couldn't resist pulling the braid out of his pocket and as he dropped the wires to hold it out before her "… this."

"That is mine," Cyren stated.

"Awww no you left it, I found it, so it's mine now," Duo retorted back crossing his arms about his chest, the braid held in one hand draped over his arm.

Cyren sighed and decided to humor the boy in black. "Fine, keep it, now leave."

"Hey now! I said this once and I'll say it again, this is MY Gundam, you're the one that should leave," Duo stated in a matter of fact tone.

Cyren looked up at Duo again, her eyes narrowing at the interruption, "I can take back what is mine by cutting off yours. Now leave before I continue on with my threat." Her statement was clear, precise and emotionless.

"OVER MY DEAD BODY," Duo shouted. "I'd like to see you try!" he dropped into a defensive stance as he shook his empty fist at her.

"That can be arranged," Cyren shot blandly back not even looking up from her work.

Heero stood up from his work at hearing Duo's shout from across the hanger and walked over to Deathscythe.

"If you think that…" Duo retaliated in anger.

"Duo," Heero interjected calmly.

"I'm gonna let some girl…" Duo snapped. Cyren didn't even flinch at Duo's actions.

"Duo," Heero interjected for the second time, only a little louder and in a more threatening tone.

"Huh?!?!" Duo remarked as actually paused in the middle of his rant.

"Leave her alone, Duo. She's not hurting anything," Heero stated calmly. "Besides I'd hate to see her kill you." He added as he crossed his hands about his chest.

Duo looked over his shoulder at the woman still typing away at her little screen. "I don't care, it's MY Gundam." Duo stressed the issue of it being his mobile suit.

"Duo, don't make me repeat myself," Heero commented back.

"Alright, alright I'm going. I'm going. Geez, ya don't need to be pushy," Duo said shaking his head and then he slipped past Heero. He paused for a moment to look back at Cyren, "If you do anything to Deathscythe I'll…." He called to Cyren before walking away down the scaffolding and to the hanger floor to busy himself with other work till she left, but he kept glancing back at DeathScythe all the while he worked.

Heero watched Duo leave, "That should take care of him, at least for a little while," he said softly.

"Thank you, I would have hated to kill him," Cyren replied her voice dry and uncaring at the mention of killing someone.

Heero just turned and walked away at that, a little unnerved at her tone and demeanor that she spoke in. He had to walk away before he started to ask questions, questions that were far too uncomfortable for him to ask. That and he did not know if she was willing to divulge that information at this time, he guessed that she would not.

It took Cyren a good half an hour to finish her work on Deathscythe. Then she packed up her stuff and moved on to the next Gundam of her choice. Duo had stopped not even half way through his work on the hanger floor and walked back up the ramp and sat in the middle of the scaffolding no more then three feet from his unit. He was waiting for Cyren to finish so that he could check to make sure the didn't damage one tiny chip of his Gundam's system.

Cyren didn't even cast a glance at the boy in black as she walked down the scaffolding towards the next unit. It took her a good portion of the evening to gather all the information from the other three Gundams. When she received the last bit of information she packed up her supplies and left the cockpit platform of Nataku, shutting it behind her and walked away. Just as the cockpit had finished hissing shut and Cyren being half way down the ramp leaving the Unit, Wufei walked in.

"Hmmm," Wufei breathed softly as Cyren walked by with the duffel slung over her right shoulder, paying him no heed.

Wufei continued on up to his Gundam after he watched Cyren disappear out of the hanger. He had work to do and he wasn't sure if something was done to Nataku or not.

Cyren left the hanger behind to find a quite place to sit and work, away from prying eyes for she had a date with Oz's database.

1