Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Daughter of the Soldier and the Princess ❯ The First Death ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing or any of its characters! Do you want me to say it again?! Too bad! I won't! However, I will say that I own the plot of this story and the characters I made up (You know who they are). Please do not sue me, I have no money, it's Christmas. Heck, I don't even have any money when it isn't Christmas :(

A/N: Sorry it's taken me so long to get this next chapter out. I've had it written forever now, I just haven't sat down to type it. Anyway, I have the next chapter written too, I just haven't typed it either. Anyway, this chapter has more Lil' Duo and Madori in it. The next chapter will be Heero and Relena. Now, please review. I really love getting reviews. My friend threatens people with the fact that she won't post the next chapter if she doesn't get a lot of reviews, I don't feel that is absolutely necessary yet. So, please review or I will start doing the same, although I don't want to. Please R&R! Thanks!

Daughter of the Soldier and the Princess

Part 4- The First Death.

She stood there for a minute with her head on his warm chest before looking up at him. To her surprise, he was already looking down at her. Their eyes met and they stood there for a minute looking at each other. Then Duo started to lean in towards Madori.

Madori slightly leaned in towards Duo too. Their lips were almost were almost touching when the phone rang, causing Madori to jump. Her lips lightly touched Duo's. He held her lips to his for a brief moment, then let her go answer the phone.

"H-h-hello." She answered the phone, blushing.

"Hey Madori! You and Duo coming swimmin' or not?" She heard Clara exclaim on the other end.

"Yeah, we'll be there in a minute."

"Okay, but hurry! I ain't waiting much longer."

"Bye." She hung up the phone, then turned to Duo.

'Why didn't you tell me Clara was coming?" She asked.

"Ummm, I forgot?" He gave his best smile, no longer blushing.

"Would there be anyone else coming that you 'forgot' to tell me about?"

"Ummm, maybe."

"Who?"

"Misty…"

"And?"

"Chrissy."

"Oh great Duo, now everyone gets to watch me drown!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air.

"I won't let you drown." Duo said, smiling.

*************************************************************** *********

Madori stood at the side of the swim pool, refusing to get in. After ten minutes of watching her just stand there, Duo took matters into his own hands. Madori was still standing there, staring down at the water when two strong arms locked around her waist threw her into the water. She came up, gasping for air and looking over to where she had been standing. Standing there now was Duo, cracking up.

"What's…so…funny?" She growled, taking a breath after each word.

"You're dog paddling!" He said, still laughing.

"Like I said, I can't swim on top of water."

"Here." He said, holding out his hand. Madori grabbed it and a mischievous grin spread across her face. She planted both of her feet firmly against the side of the pool. Then, she pulled on Duo's hand as hard as she could, sending Duo toppling headfirst into the water.

"You are so going to pay!" He shouted when he came up. Madori dove under water and swam away quickly. Duo started to chase after her. When he caught up to her hr grabbed her ankle, then wrapped his arms tightly waist and pulled her up to the surface.

"Take a deep breath." He said, grinning ear-to-ear. Madori's eyes went wide and she started to kick as drew in a deep breath. Duo wrapped his legs around hers to keep her from kicking. He pinned her arms to her side and pulled her under water. Madori finally released one of her arms and pulled on hid long braid. Duo instantly let go of her and swam to the surface. Madori followed close behind.

"That hurt!" He said.

"You deserved it!" She replied. Duo started to chase after her again when Clara yelled at them from across the pool.

"Hey guys! Let's eat lunch."

"You are so mine when we get done eating." Duo said, pulling himself out of the pool. Then he reluctantly reached out a hand and helped Madori out. "I'll get your food for you." He said, starting off for the small stand. Madori watched him at the concession stand with a smile on her face. The very hungry Clara sat down in the pool chair nest to Madori, hungrily unwrapping her hamburger. After she took a big bite out of her hamburger she looked over at Madori.

"Admit it girl, you are head over heals for Duo." She said, smiling at her friend.

"What?!" Madori exclaimed, snapped out her thoughts. "I am not!"

"Can I have him then?" Clara asked, still trying to get Madori to admit it.

"What?! No!"

"Why not? After all, you said you don't like him." Clara thought she had Madori cornered.

"It would be too weird for my friends to date." Madori said, quickly thinking up the excuse. Clara just sighed and took another bite of her hamburger, giving up for the moment.

**************************************************************** ********

"C'mon Duo, truth or dare?" Dylan Barton asked Lil' Duo.

"Truth." Lil' Duo replied.

"Awwwwww, c'mon, choose dare." Dylan whined.

"No way! Last time I chose dare I ended up in front of Lady Une's house in nothing but my underwear, asking to borrow an ice cube…at 2:00 in the morning! Not this time, buddy. I may be stupid, but I'm not that stupid." Lil' Duo shot back at him.

"Awww, man." Dylan sighed, pushing his reddish brown hair out of his green eyes. He sat there in deep concentration until Chang Lee leaned over with a grin on his face and whispered something into his ear. Dylan's eyes lit up and he started grinning. Lil' Duo sighed and rolled his eyes, knowing that if the question came from Chang Lee than it couldn't be good. Dylan finally spoke up.

"Okay Duo, enlighten us on your mission." He said, his grin growing bigger by the second.

"What about it?" Lil' Duo asked.

"Have you ever kissed Madori?" The other four teenagers in the room burst into laughter. Wendy Winner grabbed on to her twin brother, Will, laughing at the look on Lil' Duo's face and the deep blush that followed. Lil' duo finally partially recovered from the question and shot a glare at Dylan and the Chinese boy who sat beside him.

"What is the consequence it I don't answer?" He asked. This just sent another round of laughter through the room.

"You end up in front of Lady Une's house in your underwear again…need I say more?" Dylan said, laughing even harder than before.

"Awww, man." Lil' Duo muttered. "Fine then, I'll answer." He started to blush even deeper. Everyone quieted down. Lil' Duo sighed and answered. "Yes, once."

"Aww, how sweet." Wendy said while all the boys laughed.

"Alright, we want details." Will said after he controlled his laughter.

"What?! You big sicko! No way!" Duo shouted at him.

"Okay, at least tell us one thing."

"What?" Lil' Duo asked, glaring at him.

"Was it a long kiss or a short kiss?"

Lil' Duo rolled his eyes. "It was short. Anymore questions?"

"Yes."

"Well too bad." Lil' Duo said. He crossed his arms over his chest and turned his attention to the News on TV. The first thing he saw was a video of a small explosion and fire in what looked to be an office building. Then the News anchor spoke.

"This is what happened at the Moon Man Shuttles office today. Three are confirmed dead, eleven others injured. The names of the deceased will be released at a later time." Lil' Duo's eyes grew wide. "That's where Mr. Greg works." He muttered.

"What?" Will asked.

"That's where Mr. Greg works." He repeated, still in shock.

"I gotta go see if Madori is okay." He grabbed his jacket and ran out the door.

****************************************************************** ******

Madori and her mother were watching a movie when there was a knock at the door. Madori jumped up and ran to answer the door. Her mother followed her slowly. Madori looked through the peephole. Outside stood two men in long coats and a police officer. Madori slowly opened the door.

"Hello officer." She greeted the policeman. He nodded in response. Then one of the two men spoke up.

"Good evening, Miss. I'm Special Agent Brightling with the FBI. This is my partner, Special Agent Parker. Is Mrs. Sanderson here?" The tallest man said. Madori nodded slowly then opened the door wider and stepped aside. Her mother looked worriedly at the two FBI agents.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her voice shaking a little.

"Perhaps you should sit down." Agent Parker said. Amanda Sanderson nodded and invited them in. They all took a seat in the living room.

"This is a nice house you have here." Agent Parker, the shorter of the two, said.

"Please, skip to the point, agents." Madori said, keeping her voice steady. Agent Brightling let out a long sigh while Agent Parker dropped his eyes to the floor. Finally, Agent Brightling looked at Amanda.

"I'm afraid your husband is dead. There was a small explosion in his office building today. We have evidence it was intentional and it seams to be aimed at him. We're here to ask some questions that may lead to the capture of whoever is responsible." His face was solemn as he spoke. Madori looked at her mother. Amanda's blue eyes were filled with tears. Madori felt tears stinging the back of her eyes. 'I've got to be strong. I can't let anyone see me cry. I have to be strong for mother.' Madori jumped up off the couch and ran out of the house to the garden. She finally collapsed on the ground near the very back. She pounded her fists on the ground in front of her, trying her hardest not to cry. Suddenly she felt two arms wrap around her. She looked up to see her best friend.

"He's gone, Duo, he's gone! He's dead and he's not coming back! I'll never see him again!" She said, her voice quivering.

"I know." Duo whispered. 'I know." He pulled her closer to him and she started to sob into his chest.

"Now look at me," she said, sobbing, "I'm crying."

"It's okay to cry." Duo said, stroking her hair.

"My mother and father are the only two people who have been there for me. Now one of them is gone."

"I'm still here for you and I always will be." Duo replied. Madori looked up at him. Duo put one hand gently on her chin and guided her lips to his. After a few minutes he pulled back. 'I can't do this.' He thought. 'This is Heero's daughter…the princess. She's smart, beautiful…and a princess. She deserves better than me.'

"It's cold, you should get back inside." He finally said.

"Thank you, Duo." She said, standing up.

"What for?" He asked.

"For always being there for me." She walked inside and quietly shut the door behind her.

Duo sat by himself for a while, thinking of everything. 'What can I do? I can't fall in love with her! I can't! But, I think I already have. I can't though! She's a princess and I'm a Preventer who someday may own a junkyard. That can hardly compare with a princess. She deserves so much better…but I love her. I guess the best thing to do is make sure she gets someone she deserves.' Duo got up and started for home.

****************************************************************** ******

Madori stood in her black dress, listening to people give accounts of her father's life. Duo stood beside her with a comforting arm around her. She had managed not to cry for the whole funeral. Now a few sparkling tears fell down her cheeks. Duo looked down and saw her tears. He gently wiped them away and pulled her closer. She cried softly against his shoulder. A few minutes later the funeral ended. Madori walked to the gravestone and gently picked up a picture of her father that rested on top of it. Her father's smiling face stared back at her as he tried to fix her kite, his pale, sandy brown hair blowing in front of his green eyes. She was lost in the memory of that day when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up and saw her mother.

"It's time to go." She said quietly. Madori stood up and walked to the car with her mother and Duo.

~*To be continued*~

A/N: So, how was it? I hope you liked it. I was going to end on a cliffhanger, but if I did I couldn't have done the next chapter right. Remember to please review and the next chapter will be out soon! Thanx.

~*Vega Starr*~