Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Days Gone By ❯ Bringing Duo Back ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Duo Maxwell, Heero Yuy and all other Gundam Wing characters belong to Bandai.

Gundam Wing

Days Gone By...

"Kuso!"

Heero was working frantically. Duo got captured almost fifty-two hours ago. The wing pilot figured out where the braided baka was finally being held after they had moved him to several different bases. The interrogation has been a failure as of yet and no information has been retrieved from the pilot.

'Good' He thought but he also wanted to know the condition of his partner. All his determination was stemming from his worry and he was not going to fail in retrieving his partner...Duo.

"Mission Accepted."

~~*~~

The O1 pilot snuck through the corridors, positions of soldiers and where they were posted memorized and coming into very good use. He finally stood at the cell where their prisoner was being held and suppose to be interrogated again in approximately one hour and fifty-two minutes and counting. There was a check up on the prisoner every half hour and the last check up should have happened roughly eight minutes ago.

Heero peeked over the corner and watched the hall as he heard or seen nothing so he continued his way to cell block A2. He approached the dark cell and retrieved the key that he had taken from a now dead soldier.

The door opened up quickly and Heero crept in silently. He immediately heard labored breathing and his eyes narrowed as he spotted a huddled figure in the far left corner of the block.

"Pilot 02, status!" He whispered sternly. There was no response and his features hardened. Blue eyes concentrated on the immobile figure as he moved closer, running his gaze over the battered body as he rested on his side.

"Duo?"

He noticed movement and called again.

"No, I… won't..." The brunet was confused but he quickly approached the dazed pilot.

"Duo! Wake up. Status!" Violet eyes were half lidded and gone to the world.

"Heero...buddy?"

Heero sighed in relief and whispered yes. He tried to help him up but the other man flinched and yelped out in excruciating pain. The other pilot was beaten badly.

"I need you to hold out."

"They fucked me up...pretty badly." Duo forced out of his dry mouth.

Heero pulled out a syringe and gave Duo a very strong pain killer that took effect immediately.

"Let's go." Strong arms slid around the weakened pilot's waist and hauled him over to the exit. He could feel the blood and grim on the others body; the torn clothing hanging off of his scrawny figure. Heero wasted no more time as he pulled out a detonating device and placed his thumb readily on the red button.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Mmm-hmm." Duo was definitely out of it.

A string of bombs went off and caused enough of a distraction for Heero and the injured braided boy to escape without incident.

~~*~~

"Baka!" Heero said in frustration as he stormed out of the room.

"Heero! Heero, damn it! I want some sugar! That's all I ask for!" The braided pilot grumbled to himself as he stared at the full bowl of cereal that Heero especially bought for him. Surprisingly, the wing pilot was back and with the sugar that he requested.

"Aw, thanks buddy! I knew there was a reason why I liked ya!" Heero set the sugar down on the side table and backed away to his own bed.

"I see no advantage as to having you here. There was no purpose to save you... I am not your slave." Duo could not help but listen to his partner's brooding monolog.

"Sure there is. There's just no other person you can trust fully in the line of combat. There is no one else that has the superior hacking abilities as Shinigami does and you know it. I am vital to his war and I have a purpose to live through it." He took a minute to gobble up the rest of his sugar-enhanced cereal and sighed happily as it filled his empty tummy with that lovely touch of sweetness.

"You also said that I couldn't leave bed until my leg was stable enough to walk on because of the fracture." Heero huffed.

"I know what I said." He frowned. "I take it back. You can do whatever you want. Just never let my name, or anything referring to me leave your lips."

Heero's glare intensified on the injured pilot, who was just staring at him innocently with those big violet eyes. Once he felt it was clear, he stood up and made his way out of the room, saying in his usual monotone voice, "I'm going to go check the perimeter's status."

Duo was grinning at Heero's back the whole way and shouted as loud as he dared,

"OK HEEEEEE-CHAAAANNNNN! MY MAN YUY KNOWS WHAT TO DO! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!" He saw the pilots back stiffen in what he probably could make a bet that many "I will kill you's" were going through his head. "I'll just stay right here and rest like the good ol' Dr. Heero told me too." He snuggled into his bed as he heard stomping feet race down the steps and harsh mutterings in Japanese.

~~*~~