Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Prussian ❯ The Yui Family Origins ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deadly Prussian

Lady Mars

Part XII: The Yui Family Origins

Disclaimer: I don't own GW.

* * *

Erin looked at Heero.

"Do you want to start?" she asked.

"Why not?" he replied. He turned back to the others. "After the Marimeia event, I joined the Preventers force because I had nowhere else to go. I started out in the L1 division, but got transferred to L4 because they needed someone with all of my skills to fill a vacancy. I was assigned to, of all people, Lady Une. I wasn't too happy about that, but at least I had a good job and a good office. Well, that was what I thought until I got there. It turns out that the division I was hired to was all women. When I was hired, there were TWO men working there. And to make it worse, most of them were single and very flirtatious. But I had a good job and a real office. I was the head of "Destructive Espionage" as Une called it or "Spy and Blow Em' Up" as it was affectionately called on our floor by our head desk secretary, Maggie. I lived in the loft of an apartment building a mile and a half away. My life was generally good. I wasn't bothered too much and I was getting good pay and benefits out of it all." He turned to Erin.

"I too joined, but after the first war. I needed a good job and this seemed to be right for me. I had been transferred from L2 to L4 before the Marimeia incident, gotten a new title, and a new office mate. Me' office mate was weird, to say the least. Carol was a man hater to the extreme; I swore she was a lesbian. But things were weird in our division like that. I worked under Lucreitzia Noin and lived on the other side of town with me' British roommate, Anne. We officially met by running into each other. He was heading from Une's office to his and I was heading from Noin's to mine. We were reading and walking, not paying attention to anything, and ran into each other. We both landed on the floor, me with a string of obscenities because my week had been bad enough: my ex had been hassling me and I was loaded with work to do. He was first to his feet and kindly helped me back up, apologizing the ENTIRE time. I said that the fault was mutual and we went our separate ways, but we couldn't help but steal another glance at the other. I went back home that night light headed because he had made my day and I had no clue about who he was. It was a few weeks later when I found out. I had brought Anne with me to talk to because Carol was on a mission. We spent the entire time discussing men until Lu walked in. She laughed at us for stopping and then joined the conversation herself. After awhile Anne finally got onto the topic of the guy I had been infatuated with for the last few weeks. "Who is it?" Lu asked. I shrugged; I had no clue who he was. "There aren't too many here who fit the description of 'massively hot and impeccably sweet.' We'll figure him out." She sat thinking until Anne said, "Who the devil is that?" She was referring to him, standing at the front desk, sweating bullets and talking to Maggie. "When do I ship out?" he asked her. "Tomorrow," she replied. "If the men can get their asses in gear around here." "I hear ya'" he replied. By then I was thoroughly embarrassed. "Yui?" Lu asked, "That's the guy? God Malone, you know how to pick them!" To make the matters worse, he approached the office."

"I had been assigned to spy with a partner, and I didn't know who it was," Heero continued. "I sought out Noin. She introduced me to my partner and the woman I had collided with. We spent the next few days bonding over endless board games because our person never left their damn house. After that week, I had determined that she was the woman for me; we were exactly alike. But the problem lied in her on again off again boyfriend."

"Kevin and I had been problems for months and I had called it all off, but he wouldn't leave me alone. I got a message from Anne saying he'd been hanging around our building all day and I shouldn't go home. Which left me with the problem of where was I going to stay? I wasn't going to pay for a hotel, Noin was having guests, and damned if I was going to stay with Une. I weaseled his address off of Noin and ended up at his building, a bit unsure of myself and soaking wet. The guard let me in without a hitch and before I knew it, I was banging on the door to his loft. He answered the door shirtless eating Chinese food."

"I was working!"

"Shirtless?"

"Yes! How many times do I have to tell you?"

"Thousands. But anyway, he let me stay the night and drove me home the next morning right into a confrontation with Kevin. After on blow and twelve stairs, I never saw Kevin again. I was a bit smitten to say the least."

"A bit? You were practically worshiping the ground I walk on. We started a serious relationship after that and the rumor mill started up on our relationship. They said we would never make it, so I got up the nerve and popped the question, in all places, in Une's office to show them all up. Une thought it was cute. I didn't after I figured out what I had just done. We were inseparable until that day. It had been a routine mission, but something went wrong."

"I got shot down by the enemy," Erin said. "I spent nine long years in a POW camp until liberated by Une a few weeks ago. She fixed up the Hellcat and sent me here. I got stranded at an abandoned base, out of gas and got picked up by a guy in a Fez saying he worked for Winner. He bought me he in time to see my husband being glomped by an old flame. Talk about a good welcome."

"I'm sorry about that," Quatre replied.

"It's ok, I really don't mind anymore." The clock chimed 11. "Shit, 11 all ready? No wonder I'm beat." She arose. "I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm dead tired and would like to get some sleep." She left for Heero's room.

"Quite the woman you've got there, Yui," Wufei said.

"She is, she really is," he replied.

* * *