Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Prussian ❯ Desert Rose ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deadly Prussian

By: Lady Mars

Part I: Desert Rose

Disclaimer: I don't claim ownership to any of the Gundam Wing characters, except for the kids, I made them up. All flashbacks are centered and in italics if they are not being spoken. And I would like to thank my brother for his seemingly endless knowledge of weapons. Where would I be without him?

* * *

She sat on top of her bird-like machine, scanning the warehouse.

'I can't believe this is actually happening to me,' she thought. 'Dad swore I'd never have to go through this, but yet, here I am awaiting my destiny.' She marveled at the sheer size of the other machines stored there. Each one had been hand crafted from their original plans and had been restored to their deadly, enchanting beauty. 'How can something so beautiful be so deadly? And where did I ever get factored into this equation?' Ever since she had been young, she had reveled in her father's uncanny gift of story telling, even though most of his recollections pained him, she had heard every tale of every battle of the two wars he had fought in. Every haunting memory, every horrid battle, she had heard everything her father had to tell about his life. His most cherished tale was of the time he self-detonated; he warned her thousands upon thousands of times not to self-detonate. He always swore, once he had finished, that she'd never have to live through his pain, even if war erupted. It would never happen to her. She shut her prussian blue eyes, lowered her head, her dirty-blonde locks falling into her face, and recalled what her father had told her before her departure from their home colony.

* * *

"Sweetheart," he said, with a hint of sternness in his voice. "Don't forget what I told you,

never stop until you get there. If you do, they will get you for sure." He gently slid off his necklace that held his Celtic pentacle pendant and handed it to her. She took the heavy object from his calloused hand and stared up at him, slightly confused.

"What's this for?" she asked.

"To remind you of me and to protect you from the evil lurking out there." She stared at him, becoming even more nervous than before. He kissed her forehead. "Be careful. I couldn't stand to loose my other lady. I will follow you as soon as I can. I love you."

"I love you too daddy," she replied. And with that, he shut the hatch to the craft and walked off, staring back at her the whole time.

* * *

She lightly fingered the pendant and sighed, wishing her father would arrive soon. 'I can't stand being away from him this long without know how he is.'

"HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP! WHO IS THAT HOT CHICK?" a voice shouted from across the hanger. The girl's head shot up at the noise. She shifted uneasily in her seat, unsure if the intruders were friend or foe. By reflex and instinct, she reached behind her and set her hand on the cold steel of her Glock 22.

"Will you keep it down?" another voice hissed. "You could frighten her off and we're RIGHT HERE!" Her eyes darted around the shadows and the other machines, trying to find her target.

"Sorry," the first replied. "She's just REALLY hot." Her head snapped to dead ahead of her. 'A head on approach, that'll make for easy targets,'

"Heaven forbid you let your mind run your body," a third chimed.

"The day his hormones don't," a fourth added. "It'll snow out here in JULY." The girl finally got a good look at her annoyances when they appeared out of the shadows. They were four boys, around the fifteen to sixteen age-range. The one, which she assumed that thought she was hot, had short brown hair and violet eyes. To his left, stood a lanky teen, with short brown hair and blue eyes. On his left was a Chinese boy with short black hair and dark blue eyes. On the other end of the line was the last boy with platinum blonde hair and dark green eyes. She stared at the four boys and slid her hand off of her gun. 'You have got to be kidding me. I cannot work with this. There nothing but teenage guys and I'm a fucking chick! This is going to be a sexual NIGHTMARE!'

"You know, Solo," the blonde said. "It's not proper to refer to a lady that way." 'Well at least one of them seems decent enough to know what he's talking about.'

"Well Vamir," Solo retorted. "I don't give a shit. NO doll like her could do ANYTHING to me." The girl's eyes flashed fire. 'He didn't say what I just thought he said, did he?'

"Yeah," the Chinese added. "It's not like she could hurt us." 'Oh he did.'

"You're right, Xi," the other boy added. "I can't even fathom a girl being brutal." 'THAT'S IT, NO MORE MRS. NICE CHICK!' She slid her hand back to the small of her back and pulled out her Glock. She stood and took aim at the shorthaired one in the middle.

"SEE?" Solo said to Vamir. "There's nothing she could do to us." A shot rang out. The four froze in their tracks. "Where did that come from?" The exchanged nervous glances at each other.

"I don't know." Vamir replied. "Triton?" The other brunette was pointing to the other end of the hanger. On the craft, stood the girl, shorts and red halter-top rustling in the wind, brandishing a Glock.

"Anybody else want to taste a nice flesh wound?" She hissed. The door on the upper level of the hanger banged open and two adults dashed through it. One in all black, holding a Glock 21 and the other, a Chinese man, holding a sword stood staring at the blonde girl who had just shot at the boys.

"Drop your weapon and identify yourself!" the one in black shouted. She didn't move. "Wufei, go down there and check on the boys."

"Got ya, Maxwell," Wufei responded. He slowly made his way to the stairs, never taking his eyes off of the girl. He stopped when he noticed the rose tattoo on her left shoulder and a figure in the shadows over her left arm. "Maxwell, there's somebody else here." The other man looked confused.

"Where?" Duo asked. Wufei pointed his sword in the general direction. Out of the darkness crept a man with jean shorts, a white tank top, cold blue eyes, brown hair with blonde streaks, and combat boots. He brandished a .50 Desert Eagle and had a black dragon tattoo dancing down his right arm. The boys stared at him; not exactly sure who this man was and the two older men stood staring at him like they had just seen a ghost.

"NOBODY brandishes a weapon at MY daughter," he growled. Duo and Wufei dropped their weapons; they knew that they weren't going to win this fight. There was only one person who could make an entrance like that.

"YUI!? Is that really you?"

* * *