Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Defenders Once More ❯ Cooperation Difficulties ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Defenders Once More
Chapter 2

Alexia walked into hanger 7 cautiously, not knowing what to expect. She walked down the only hallway she could see and came to a door. It opened and she slowly walked in…only to see one other occupant in the room. A woman, sitting against one of the walls, met her gaze with deep violet eyes. Alexia frowned. "Are there others?"
The woman shrugged her shoulders, yet said nothing. Alexia walked over to her and sat down. "So, why have you been called here?"
The woman looked at her, then looked away. "I…I don't know." She said slowly.
Alexia smiled and held out her hand. "Alexia Lunaria. What's your name?"
The woman, Kitsune, turned and looked at the hand in confusion, then slowly shook it. "Kitsune. Kitsune Maxwell."
"Konban wa, Kitsune." Alexia said.
Kitsune gasped. "Nihongo? (Japanese?)" She questioned in her native tongue.
Alexia couldn't help but smile at her companion's shocked expression. "Hai." (Yes)
"How did you know?" Kitsune asked.
Alexia raised an eyebrow. "One, those eyes, two that hair…and three…just a guess." She winked and Kitsune nodded.
"Very good. Not many people can speak it."
"Well, I am not most people." Alexia pointed out.
Kitsune nodded again and just then, the door that Alexia had come in earlier, opened again.
Dan walked in, hands held in the air. "Dan Crimson is in the crib! Please, try to calm down, I will get to all of you as soon as I-." He spotted Alexia and Kitsune. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?"
Alexia turned and leaned into Kitsune. "Baka brain type, ne?"
Kitsune suppressed a giggle and nodded as Dan walked up. "Who do I have the honor of meeting this wonderful evening?"
"Lay the charm on somebody else, would you?" Alexia said coldly.
"Ouch, this beautiful rose has thorns? Why use your venom on me?" Dan asked, using all his tricks.
"Seemed like a good idea at the time." Alexia replied in a sarcastic tone.
Dan got down on one knee and kissed the back of Alexia's hand. "Nice to meet you…"
"Alexia Lunaria and get off me." She pulled her hand away and pushed it against Dan's forehead, making him fall over.
"Of all the rotten-" Dan's comment was interrupted by the door opening once more.
Kentos Lattis walked in and looked at everyone. "Well, isn't this just peachy?" He said gruffly as he took a spot on the wall and leaned against it.
Alexia frowned. Well, what's his problem?
Dan sat down against the wall and looked over at Alexia. "Hey baby, I lost my number…can I have yours?"
Alexia rolled her eyes. "You'll need 911 if you don't stop that." She warned.
Dan grimaced, but caught the hint. "Minus 2 for the Champion."
Alexia looked at him in disgust. "Excuse me, but I happen to be the champion, and I have plus 3 for your information."
Dan would have countered that comment, when the door opened one last time…

Ben entered the hanger and saw the four other people occupying the room. "Am I the last one?" No response. "Ouch, tough crowd," he said before taking his own spot on the side of the wall and leaning against it. He took the time to look at each one separately. Two of the female occupants sat next to each other, though their demeanor made him wonder if they were friends or not. One seemed to concentrate on not showing any emotion, while the other seemed cheery, yet on guard. The second one gasped and turned to look straight at Ben, who was staring at her. Ben's breath caught in his throat and he quickly averted his gaze to another person in the room.
This person, though small, seemed to carry himself well. He also appeared to be more relaxed than the others. Ben noticed the man's gaze fell upon the girl he himself had noticed before. So…he wasn't the only one who had noticed her. Interesting…
The last person Ben saw was set more apart from the others. Obviously, this guy was uncomfortable being set in a room with people he didn't know. The man's eyes crossed the room, as if assessing how he would get out if trapped. Also, he too glanced at everyone, seeing if anyone was a threat. His gaze fell on Ben and Ben met his gaze steadily. The man nodded once and returned his gaze to the floor.

Ben's train of thought was interrupted by the soft tattoo of boots on the hard metal-plated floor. Everyone in the room whirled, instantly in attack mode. Ben himself found his hand on his holstered weapon concealed under the leather bomber jacket.
Finally, the source the alarm was apparent as a group of mostly elderly men appeared under the minimal light that the hangar offered. One of the men, sporting a bowl cut, stepped forward with a chuckle. "Well, looks like we've chosen the same bunch again, eh? We'll soon find out, won't we?" Dr. H said to his comrades. A few of them chuckled, but quickly abandoned the effort.
The scientist introduced himself. "I'm Dr. H, and these are my dearly demented comrades, fellow followers of science. One will be assigned to each of you, but that doesn't come till later. Right now, you're all wondering why you're hear and what some crazy old man is here to tell you. Well, here it is.
"The Barton group has given way to a new group headed by a descendant of Dekim Barton. The group has called themselves The Rebel White Fang, or for short, The Rebels. Their leaders have plans to take over the United Earth Federation. We can't let them do it again. The Gundam Pilots have gone into proverbial retirement. We need youngsters. And you are the new hope for the Colonies, and the Earth, both. You are the new Gundam Pilots! "
They just stared, unsure about whether this was some cruel, mean joke, or whether this was for real. Finally, they all broke out of their own individual reveries.
Dan's face was washed over with grin. "Oh, yeah! You buy it, I'll fly it!" He replied, enthused.
Kitsune merely nodded. She clearly understood the something the others didn't.
Ben caught something flash behind the magnificent eyes that belonged to Alexia. Anger? Hate? Suddenly, he too felt the tangibly heavy hate that now emanated from Alexia - Or least, for him. A curious sneer had snuck its way up Kentos' face. Ben wondered if he had any hidden sinister plans for the mission.
"You all seem fairly comfortable with the mission, that is, you're not running screaming from the room, or refusing us. Now, we may look like we just came of L3-XI8999, but believe me, we can finance our fateful heroes." Fateful is right, he thought, probably ill fated, like the former pilots. God, they had no idea how hard it would be the hardened young warriors. All they could hope for now was that these would fair better. "We have set up accommodations for you at a local motel."
This earned an excited yelp from Dan. He turned to Alexia. "Looks like I don't have to pay for tonight!" He told her with a wink. He quickly found himself lying on the hard linoleum floor. He couldn't believe her! His back, and his pride, had just taken a serious blow, and he was not gonna let it go unnoticed.
He blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "What the hell?" Alexia merely laughed at the way Dan was handling this.
Kitsune was suddenly leaning over him, as if assessing wounds. "That," She said calmly, "Is my phrase." She punctuated the statement with a sharp kick to side.
"Awwwwww! Damn it, girl! That hurt!" He said pitifully, clutching his side. He stood carefully, sending a glare at the two girls. He mumbled something under his breath.
Alexia confronted him. "What was that, Dan?" She said with a murderous grin.
Dan shook his head and put up his hands. "Nothing, nothing, just saying that you packed a pretty good punch, that's all," He said with a disarming smile.
Alexia didn't take to it. "You just better watch your step around here, Crimson," She grated out, poking him in the chest with one slender finger.
The odd looking scientist stepped forward again, obviously sensing a fight coming. "Here are your room numbers and keys. We will meet here tomorrow for lessons with your Gundams. All of you I believe, with the exception of Ms. Maxwell, have had no previous experience with Mobile Suits. Be here at 10:00."

Ben laid down in his quarters and rested his head in his hands as he stared up at the ceiling. He couldn't shake the feeling that nagged at him and begged him to look deeper into this deal. Five scientists were willing to freely give strangers giant Gundams, just to fight one enemy? There was one underlying factor that Ben wasn't seeing, and he knew it was vital. But what was it?
Did the scientists have something to gain by the fighting? Or maybe this Rebel White Fang group was more dangerous than they let on. And if so…how were they supposed to stop something like that? Ben growled in frustration and sat up to go for a midnight walk.

Ben walked along the outskirts of the motel grounds and sighed. He had that uneasy feeling inside him, telling him to be cautious. In the past, he had learned to trust his instincts. The midnight breeze blew across his body, caressing his muscles. He closed his eyes and let his mind wonder.
His ears were soon filled with a heavenly voice and his eyes snapped open, flicking back and forth across the surrounding terrain in order to find its source. His tawny eyes soon came upon a shadowed figure that sat on the edge of the hanger's roof.
The moonlight shone bright and illuminated the figure's long, flowing black hair, which wasn't in its usual ponytail. Ben smiled, knowing it had to be Alexia, from the outline of the shadow and the sense he got from her.
Bending his knees, ever so slightly, Ben leaped up ledge to ledge, until he reached the side of the roof farthest from Alexia. She continued to sing as he approached; unaware that she had an audience. She sang a song about the sky, the wind, the sun and the stars. The lark that sang in the day and the nightingale that sang in the night.
Stepping silently closer he noticed she had a pad of paper on which she had a drawing. Ben took another step closer when the sole of his shoe made an unexpected click against the metal shingles.
Alexia's acute training picked up the sound and her arm whipped to bisect whoever was behind her. Her arm stopped abruptly as Ben gently caught it. "Whoa, it's okay. It's only me."
Alexia pulled her arm back viciously and growled. "Don't sneak up on me like that. You should know better." She glared at him once more before returning back to her drawing.
Ben swiftly leaned in a whispered in her ear. "I'm not the enemy. Trust me."
"I trust no one." She replied, her voice sharp.
Taking a seat next to her, Ben glanced at her sketchpad and noticed Alexia had drawn an angel, sitting on a hill, looking alone and forlorn, a giant full moon in the background. "That's very good." He commented.
Alexia gasped and attempted to close it, but Ben clasped it in his hand. "May I see it?" He asked. Gently pulling it, so as not to rip it, Ben took the drawing pad from her and observed the pictures from the beginning. Alexia's face showed slight worry…perhaps afraid of his reaction?
Flipping through it with ever so much care, his eyes reviewed drawings of creatures only heaven could possess. Pictures of angels in groups or alone, dressed in a different set of robes and sashes each time they were drawn. "These are beautiful."
Alexia said nothing, but her skin slightly flushed with red.
Ben noticed they were all of angels one type or another. "Boy, someone is obsessed with angels." He commented.
"It's nothing." She took the pad away quickly and flipped off the roof, disappearing into the night.
Ben frowned and sighed. "What are you hiding?" Then he proceeded to do the same moon gazing, before retreating to his room for a good night's sleep.

Alexia walked down the hallways, notebook in hand. Why oh why did she have to have that moment of weakness and let Ben see her sketches? He had no right to see them and what would she do if he found out what they meant? She'd have a lot of explaining to do.
And yet…she had an odd sense to trust him. She never really trusted anyone for fear of getting hurt again. She growled in frustration. A petty weakness that simply needs to be ignored. She opened the door to her quarters and took a step in.
Suddenly, she heard a loud noise and looked down the hall. She thought for a moment she saw a strand of blond hair disappear around the corner. Shaking her head, she looked down the hall and saw nothing, so she dismissed it. Must be my imagination. She went inside and closed the door.

Next door, Kitsune heard Alexia's door close and frowned. Why was this person being nice to her? No one had tried to before, so why would Alexia be any different? Anyways, it was a losing battle. Kitsune didn't have friends, nor did she want to. The only person she could truly depend on was herself. Friendship…loyalty…comrades…words, delusions, and she was wise enough to see that now.
But…on some odd level, Kitsune was happy to have someone by her side. Dream or reality, it was fine with her. Then again, she wasn't going to let Alexia know that much.
Someone else who was on Kitsune's mind was Kentos. He kept to himself almost as much as she did. She found she could relate to him. Though truth be told, they hadn't said five words to each other, she wished they would be able to find all sorts of things in common. All in all, this military deal was all right.

Left. Right. Left. Right. Uppercut. Backhand. Dan punched and kicked at the midnight air, over and over again. The attacks were quick and precise each and every time.
Practicing his katas was a normal routine for Dan, so he had naturally would practice before going to bed. Hitting the cool night air was a lot safer than punching a wall or hitting a tree, which Dan had been known to do when he lost his temper.
Dan kept his gaze steady and his balance firm as he twisted to perform a roundhouse against his invisible opponent. His swift move was right on and after setting both feet on the ground, his stance slackened and he lowered his hands to his sides.
He slightly breathed heavily, and grabbed a towel to wrap around his neck. It wasn't too bad of a workout and Dan satisfied himself enough to get into bed and fall fast asleep.

Kentos walked out of the bathroom and ran a hand through his newly dampened hair. He had taken a look at his Gundam and was pretty satisfied, but something about going against a group such as the White Fang didn't suit well with him. Such a powerful group would be a dangerous adversary.
Kentos grabbed a shirt and some boxers and got dressed before moving over to his bed.
"Kentos Lattis." A voice said from the shadows.
Kentos grabbed his weapon from the bed stand and raised it up to the hidden figure. "Who's there?"
Kamran stepped into the light and looked at Kentos with his stone-cold hazel gaze. "Kentos Lattis." He repeated.
"How'd the hell you get into my room?" Kentos exclaimed. Keeping his arms straight and aiming at Kamran. "What do you want?" He noticed the emblem on Kamran's shoulder. He gasped and whispered. "White…Fang?"
Kamran smiled sinisterly and raised his chin. "I assure you, you will want to hear what I have to say."
Kentos narrowed his eyes. "Why should I trust you?"
"I am offering you a chance to use your Gundam for a…better purpose. And in doing so, you will earn prestige and any amount of currency you wish." Kamran proposed, seemingly unimpressed by the weapon now pointed at him.
"In exchange for what?" Kentos knew you don't get something for nothing in this world.
Kamran put his hands at the small of his back. "You would be required to simply tell us what the scientists are up to, creating this new group of fighters, and other sensitive information."
Kentos glared at Kamran. "What guarantees do I get if I help you?"
"I will be willing to offer you a leadership role with White Fang. You can even bring your Gundam with you."
Kentos slowly lowered his weapon and looked at this General in a new light. He didn't seem so bad. Maybe Kentos could come out on top after all.

Ben gathered the four other pilots in the hanger and started to read through the mission. "Okay, first Alexia and I will-"
"Wait one minute. Who made you leader?" Dan interrupted.
Kentos sighed. "Does it really matter?" Trying to avoid arguments.
"Yes!" Dan countered.
"I did, okay?" Alexia gave him a cold stare.
Kitsune nodded and replied in a monotone. "I second that. He obviously has the experience that is called for in such a position."
"Then it's settled." Alexis closed the conversation.
Dan grumbled a bit and crossed his arms before quieting down enough to allow Ben to finish.

As Ben went over the mission's details, Kentos stealthily began to back away from the group. He knew they were here. And if anything were going to happen, he wanted to grab his new Gundam and get the hell out of there. No one really noticed him as he turned around behind his Gundam's leg, out of sight of the four would-be pilots.
Out of the blue, Kitsune turned her head towards where Kentos had just been. She frowned not spotting him anywhere in the hanger. Now where did he suddenly run off to?
Her question was answered when the hanger shook with a mighty force, as six mobile suits, bearing the Rebel White Fang symbol, blew open the hanger door and stood before the shocked pilots. "Wha- What the hell!!??" Kitsune exclaimed.
Alexia growled. "Looks like the enemy decided to stop by and say hello!" Getting into a fighting stance besides Ben.
Dan paled. "Oh, man, and I haven't even gotten my life insurance yet!"
"They can give you a half-off discount." Alexia commented.
Dan frowned. "Why?"
Alexia smiled slightly. "Only have the body size to insure."
Dan growled and got into a fighting stance of his own. "Let's take care of these losers!"
Ben mirrored Alexia's stance. "How'd they find us anyway?"
Then realization struck Kitsune like a ten-ton weight. She narrowed her eyes. "Kentos!"
On cue, Kentos stepped forward in his Gundam, taking lead in front of the six other mobile suits.
Kitsune growled. "Traitor!"
"Why!?" Ben exclaimed.
"I go where the money is and right now, it's on the Rebel White Fang's side, kicking your asses!" Kentos announced.
Ben gasped. "To the gundams!"

The four pilots ran to their respective gundams and suited up. Ben looked at all of the controls. "Um…anyone know how to work this thing?"
"Push forward on the lever to your right. Then jerk hard left on the joystick right in front of your left hand." Kitsune replied over the comm. unit gruffly.
Ben looked over the control panel and noticed the levers mentioned. "Oh, right." He sweat dropped a little and did as told, turning on the giant MS.
"You need a step ladder, 03?" Alexia teased.
Dan growled. "I can get in just fine!"
"Comm. check." Ben announced over the comm. line.
"02 affirmative." Kitsune said.
"03 here." Followed Dan.
"04, ready and waiting." Alexia replied, anxious to start the fight.
Ben nodded. "Right, okay, stand by."
"Sure you don't need a couple phonebooks there 03?" Alexia chimed in.
Growl. "No, 04. I can kick ass at any height!"
"Cut the chatter you two." Kitsune interrupted. "01, your orders?"
Ben bit his bottom lip in uncertainty. He didn't want to fight one of their own, unless it was the only option. "Stand by, I'm going to try and talk to him."
"You're going to what? Are you crazy?" Dan exclaimed.
Ben ignored him and opened up comm. line between them and White Fang. "Kentos, Ken, if you can hear me, fall back. We don't want to fight you."
"Ben, nothing personal, I actually think you'd make a pretty good leader. But unless you surrender, I've been ordered to destroy you and your pilots."
"Ordered?" Ben frowned. "By who?"
Kentos ignored him. "Stand down."
"Never!" Alexia shouted.
"Then you leave me no choice." Kentos raised his weapon and aimed it at Zeon Legacy. "Goodbye." He fired the weapon…
"Iie!" Kitsune jumped forward and used her beam scimitar to repel the blast. "You'll fight me, Ken!"
"Kit…" Kentos whispered. "Don't get involved…please." He begged.
"I'm already involved, so either you surrender or fight!" Kitsune replied, standing before Ben and in front of Kentos.
Kentos bit back a curse and closed his eyes. "I'm sorry…" He ran forward and engaged Kitsune in battle.
"Let the battle begin!" Dan shouted and ran forward to face off with two enemy MS. "Um…do these things come with instructions?!" Dan exclaimed as he barely avoided one attack.
"Improvise Ewok Child!" Alexia shouted, taking on two others in Psychic Soul.
"Alexia! Behind you!" Ben blocked an attack on Psychic Soul with Zeon Legacy.
Alexia gasped. "T-Thanks."
"No problem." Ben smiled in her view port.
Alexia smiled briefly and nodded, going back into battle.
Choking sounds were heard from Lone Star.
Ben chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Let's do this!"

Alexia confronted the first Taurus suit. "Looks like I'll just have to wing it." She pushed a button that looked promising. Monstrous insect-like wings opened up on Psychic Soul's back. "Literally." She pulled back on her right lever. The burniettes fired up and she flew over her opponent, showering him with bullets from her vulcans. "Shenhei!"(Die!) Instead of doing as she bid it, the suit fired up its beam canon, sending a blast hot on her gundanium heels. "Kuso!" (Shit!) She did a sudden loop backwards around the beam, pulling out her beam sword as she did so.
Wielding her sword in both metallic hands, she slashed at the suit angrily. The suit fell to the ground in two pieces, electricity crackling from the gaping wound. Abruptly the machine burst into flames. "Yes! Point one for Alexia Lunaria!"
Dan was thoroughly enjoying himself. It wasn't bloodlust; it was a cat toying with its prey. Actually, there was a method to his madness: by working up the pilot's anger, he provoked careless actions. "Here, mousy, mousy, mousy." He taunted over the intercom. He heard an angered and frustrated growl as Lone Star whirled away, out of his beam sword's reach.
"Don't toy with me, boy." The man said over the line, teeth clenched. "If you don't know how to fight, just come out and say it."
Dan's anger got the best of him. "Why of all the pompous, arrogant things…"
Dan was interrupted by laughter cackling over the line. "Aww, poor baby…" The man's taunts were ceased by Dan's heat whip aimed towards the belly of his MS. The pilot dodged the attack easily. "So…how does it feel to be on the losing side, hmm?" The man asked sardonically, a smile on his weathered face.
"I don't know, you tell me!" Dan came up behind him, slicing his opponent into two smoldering, melted clumps of metal. The wreckage exploded, leaving a satisfied smirk on the short pilot's face. "Now, on with the show!"
Ben was not having nearly as much luck. He was engaged in swordplay with the Taurus, fortunate that he had been able to do that much. He managed to block every attack, and frustrate the hell out of the pilot, but he never got a chance to attack himself.
Their blades crossed, as each tried to bear down on the other. Each pilot was sweating in their cockpit. Finally, Ben saw a miniscule flaw in his opponent: he was too concentrated on bearing down on Ben. Ben smirked. Self-confident idiot… Swooping forward neatly to his left, the surprised pilot stumbled forward onto Ben's awaiting sword.
The outraged pilot screamed once before his world was overtaken by flames.
Ben felt his chest tighten. "I'm so sorry. You did not know the error of your ways. Please forgive me." Grimly, he set to destroying the second allotted pilot.

Out of view from any of the pilots now engaged in battle, General Yarseea watched with a smirk at how such little manipulation can cause such a conflict. Kentos' uncertainty with the deal the five scientists had offered made him an easy target. The others were too loyal to the cause.
Kamran narrowed his eyes as he observed each pilot and their moves. In his deduction he learned quite a bit about each fighter's personality.
Their leader was too unsure of what moves to make, trying to tire his enemy, rather than kill it outright.
The one girl, Alexia, she was unused to piloting an MS, that much was visible to even an untrained eye. But she learned fast and fought aggressively.
The other girl, Kitsune, she was experienced, and very well too. He would have to research more about her and her past.
Then there was his dear old comrade, Crimson. Kamran growled deep in his throat. He hated Crimson with a vengeance. He just left me there… to…to die! Well think again, partner… I'm back, and you will pay.
After satisfied with what he had seen, Yarseea left the battle and walked to his transport. He had planning to do back at WFO headquarters.

"Kitsune, I'm asking you to please back off!" Kentos muttered through clenched teeth.
"I have an idea, Kentos," Kitsune began in a syrupy sweet voice. "Why don't you back off first!" She unsheathed her scimitars and slashed in a downward 'x' pattern at her opponent. Kentos dodged easily, igniting his burniettes and soaring high above Hellbringer. So he lied… He's had training almost as good as mine… but I'm still better! She began her own fiery ascent to follow Kentos with a loud, "What, Kentos, running for your life?"
Kentos whirled about in the air, unlatching his beam cannon and opening the power pack on his back. He bowed his head and whispered to himself. "I'm so sorry, Kitsune… The battle line is clearly drawn, now. So this is it then…" He glanced up, a raging flame of hurt and anger burning anew in his eyes. He spoke aloud to the intercom. " Goodbye, Kitsune." He fired the powerful weapon strapped to his right arm. She gasped, cobalt eyes widening. "NOOOO!"
Ben caught the glare of a high power weapon out of the corner of his view screen. "Kitsune!" He turned his back on his slain enemy and his morbid thoughts, coming to his co-pilot's rescue.
Alexia's voice and strained face came to him from a corner of his screen. "No!" Her eyes still watched her enemy as tried frantically to dissuade her comrade from going to Kitsune. "If you take the blast, it will hurt her more than if she took it. Let her handle this one. After all, she's the trained pilot- Ouch!" She winced as she was jostled in the cockpit of her Gundam.
Ben involuntarily reached a hand towards the view screen. "Are you alright? " He asked.
She winced and nodded. "Yeah… Just a little bumpy." She stole a glance into her view screen. "Good luck." They said simultaneously. They blushed and turned off their video communicators.
"HELL YES!" Dan exclaimed, gleefully screwing with his opponents mind. He dodged a frustrated slice at his head, teasing words on his tongue. Before he could specify what kind of combat boots the pilot's mother wore, the sound of an engaged laser weapon struck his ears. "Shit!" He turned away from his enemy, caught between the decision to aid his fellow pilot, or let her fend for herself. Then his thoughts shifted to earlier the other day. He rubbed his head, wincing involuntarily at the remembrance of the kick that landed him square in the forehead. Oh yeah… She can take care of herself…
Kitsune raised her spear shield to block the searing blaze, taking a step backwards for balance. The force sent her gundam skidding back into the ground. She laughed cruelly into her intercom. "Ha, is that all a WFO member has up their sleeve? No wonder it's gonna be easy to kick their ass!"
"Kitsune, please, back off-"
"Is that all you have to say?" She charged him, grabbing him around the waist and slamming him against a building. "You're a traitor, you're a liar, you're self-centered, you're mean, but most of all. " She said, punctuating her statement by pushing him further into the building, "You're blonde!"
Alexia tired of this little boy's game. "I'm going to finish this!" She slammed her elbow into the mobile suit's face, which caused him to go flying into the wall.
Kitsune slightly turned her head to the action, and Kentos used this opportunity to raise his arms from below Hell Bringer's hold and punched it in the chest. Kitsune went flying, falling on her back, but quickly recovering and getting into a defensive stance.
Kentos sighed. "All units retreat. We'll get them another time." He pulled back on the levers and exited the hanger.
Dan's opponent began to retreat as well, but Dan wasn't going to allow that to happen. "Oh no you don't! Get back here!" He used his heat whip to wrap around the MS's legs and slam it down into the cold steel floor. "You're mine!" The suit stopped and rested on its back.
Alexia watched as the last of the MS retreated, minus the one. She growled. "Cowards!"
"Let them go." Kitsune told her comrade.
Dan opened up his gundam and stepped out. "Well, isn't that just great!" He said angrily. "We're 24 hours into this fighting crap and we already down one man!" He pointed at Zeon Legacy. "Some leader you are!"
Inside, Ben sighed, yet said nothing.
"Hey back off." Alexia said, jumping down from Psychic Soul, onto the ground. "No one's perfect."
Dan jumped down after her. "Yeah well, I am, and I'd make a damn better leader than he would." Again Dan angrily pointed at Ben, who was climbing out of Zeon Legacy.
"Get over yourself." Alexia rolled her eyes. "It was our first battle, what did you expect?"
"I expected to have 5 people still together." He glared at Ben. "Obviously that ain't an option anymore."
Kitsune landed in a crouch from Hell Bringer and maneuvered herself between the two pilots. "This is not open for discussion."
"He's right." Everyone gasped and turned to Ben. Ben looked sadly at the ground. "I'm not fit to be leader." Why is this happening to me again?
Alexia came up and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Hey, come on. Don't beat yourself up. You did no better than any of us could do."
Dan scowled at that, but said nothing.
Kitsune decided to change the subject. "We have to find another suitable headquarters. They obviously know this one; therefore it is unsafe to remain here."
Alexis nodded. "Hai, I agree."
"I know of such a location." Kitsune looked at Ben for conformation, but Alexia nodded for him. "Let's go."
"And bring the MS too." Dan added. "I want to have some fun with it."
Alexia raised an eyebrow. "Just what do you have in mind?"
Dan grinned one of his infamous grins and winked. "Oh, nothing much. Just a bit of hacking into the enemies database."
Kitsune looked at him. "How?"
"Comm. system. Orders go over through certain channels and all I have to do is trace it back through those same channels and get past their 'defenses' and we get full access."
Ben said nothing, so Alexia took over. "Okay, Kit, use Hell Bringer and lead us to the new base." Kitsune nodded and Alexia turned to Dan. "You carry that MS and Ben and I will follow."
Dan nodded and ran off to Lone Star.
Alexia turned to Ben. "And you."
SLAP!
"Get over it. These people need a leader and right now that's you. Better start acting like it."
Then she walked away, leaving a shocked Ben behind. He touched his cheek and winced. The pain matched the pain in his heart.
Dan walked over to the unmoving MS and opened the hatch. The semiconscious pilot was still strapped inside the cockpit. With one hand, Dan unbuckled the harness and heaved the prisoner out of his seat by his hair and looked to Kitsune with a huge grin on his face. "What do I do with this?"
Kitsune walked over and glared at the WFO pilot. "Leave him to me."
Dan shrugged and dropped the body. "It's up to you."
Kitsune hopped onto the MS's chest and grabbed the pilot by the throat. "Did Solo send you to do this?" She questioned. She had to know.
The youth struggled to speak. "I don't know who you are talking about."
Kitsune tightened her hold on his throat. "I know you know who he is. Don't play dumb with me"
He shook his head. "I really don't know who you are talking about, so please just let me go."
The dark haired woman nodded slightly. "Fine, don't tell me. The Shinigami holds no mercy for the enemy." There was a sickening crack and the body went limp.
Kitsune walked away as if nothing had happened and Dan rubs his head in disbelief. "Damn, well I guess she has issues." Then he went to work preparing the MS for departure.