Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Want To Be A Kid Again ❯ Party Time ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Two
Party Time
 
It was late December, December 29 to be exact, and Troy was very excited about the up-and-coming New Years party they were going to. They were on Earth already, staying one an estate that they owned not far from the city that housed Preventer headquarters, and had been for about two days now. Troy loved Earth, loved the crisp scent of winter air and the fading signs of Christmas. He looked around his room, which didn't have any personal touches, but he planned on prodding his parents into taking him out to furnish his room and make it his own. It was smaller than the room he had back on L4, but it still had a queen-sized bed that he had all to himself, and a nice big desk for his laptop and homework. He grinned and leaned back against the headboard of his bed, folding his arms behind his head. A knock on his door made him look up, blue eyes dancing typically.
 
“Come in, door's open.” Trowa and Quatre entered the room, both men smiling at their son. “Something you guys want?”
 
“Actually, we were wondering if you wanted to go into town and do some shopping, maybe get some new clothes for the party or decorations for your room.” Troy burst out laughing, the sound rather rich and deep for a boy his age. Quatre and Trowa shared confused looks as Troy calmed himself.
 
“I was just about to come and bug you guys to take me shopping. Sure, I'd love to go out shopping.” He smirked, stretching in an almost cat-like way before sliding off his bed and into his shoes. “Maybe I can get some more of my favourite shirts.”
 
“No! I will not pay for any of your silly yaoi shirts Troy!”
 
“But dad-?!”
 
“NO! NONONO!” Troy smirked and hugged Quatre, who was quite adamant in refusing his son's idea.
 
“Okay pops, I get the point. No yaoi shirts, I promise.” And both Quatre and Trowa knew they could trust Troy's promise, so they nodded and headed downstairs, Troy following behind them. They left the house, Quatre locking it up tight, and then climbed into the nondescript black car they drove, Trowa driving as usual. They pulled out of the long driveway and headed into town, Troy running over things he wanted to buy in his head as they went…
 
***
 
“Do you have enough stuff for your room yet Troy?” Troy glanced at the four bags he was lugging around and nodded softly.
 
“Yeah, I think I got enough stuff. Lessee…new curtains, new bedding, posters…yes, I think I have enough stuff.”
 
“Good, let's go put your bags in the car and then we'll come back and see if we can find something for you to wear to the party.” Quatre said with a smile and the three headed back out to the car, reappearing in the mall several minutes later, as Trowa had arranged and rearranged Troy's bags a couple of times to ensure room for anything else they may purchase.
 
Like anytime they went shopping, Trowa and Quatre were wishing they had a leash, or at least a bell, on their son. Troy hurried around the mall, dashing ahead of his parents whenever something caught his eye in a window. He'd ogle video games and snicker at ladies fashions before dipping into a store to check out some clothes. It wasn't until the third clothing store that Troy seemed willing to try things on.
 
Quatre and Trowa perused the shelves; Troy digging through racks of clothing, eying various pairs of jeans in various colours and washes. Troy was startled as his parents appeared, looking over his shoulder/head at the jeans he was looking so intently at.
 
“Like those jeans Troy?” Quatre grinned, lifting a smooth eyebrow while Troy snorted and hunted down his size, pulling them off the rack and draping them over his arm with a glare at his parents. He moved on, Quatre and Trowa grinning as they moved to lean against a wall and just wait.
 
“Hey, dad?!”
 
“Yes Troy?”
 
“What colours look good on me?!” Quatre and Trowa sighed softly and rejoined Troy, noticing he was looking at a rack of silk, button-down shirts in various, and widely ranged, colours. Quatre eyed the rack of shirts, glancing between them and Troy frequently before he dove forward and snatched up a shirt, laying it over Troy's arm.
 
“Sapphire blue…” With another look at Troy, Quatre snatched up another shirt, placing it in Troy's arms. “Black…” And so it went until Troy had several silk shirts on his arm in sapphire blue, black, royal blue, silver, and pale blue. Trowa couldn't help but shake his head, knowing there would be no stopping Quatre now. And he was very right. Troy found himself being dragged all over the store and his arms were soon piled high with shirts and pants of various colours and styles. With a soft groan, he moved off to the change rooms, trying everything on. He appeared frequently to show off how he looked, Trowa complimenting on how good the silver looked on him and Quatre stating that the black gave him a very interesting, mysterious quality, especially with the way he wore his hair. By the time he had tried everything on, Troy wanted to buy everything and told his parents so. Trowa frowned, but Quatre seemed to brighten.
 
“That's not a bad idea! You'd have so many dress outfits to wear! And most of those shirts have such potential! Here, give me those and I'll go pay for them…” Troy's eyes widened and he shared a rather scared look with Trowa, who shook his head and moved off to join Quatre. Troy decided to look around the store once more. In his quick exploration, his eyes fell on a shirt that he knew he had to have. Checking the size, he grabbed it and dashed to the till, laying it on the pile that was slowly being added to the bill. Quatre and Trowa both lifted an eyebrow, surprised that Troy had found another shirt that Quatre hadn't, but Quatre merely smiled and watched it get rung up. By the time they were done, Trowa merely shook his head at the bill. If Quatre weren't rich…Trowa grunted as a bag was shoved into his lap, as they were seated on a bench, taking a break. Troy had spent his last two week's allowance on a video game and a couple of other miscellaneous things.
 
“Are we gong to go get lunch, or are we just going to go home?” Troy asked curiously, tilting his head to look at his parents, both of who sat to his left. Trowa grunted.
 
“I say we go home.” Quatre grinned and kissed Trowa's cheek, tossing his arm over his husband's broad shoulders.
 
“I guess we can go home…we're done shopping anyway, right Troy?”
 
“Yeah, I got more than enough clothes and I'll be spending the rest of the day putting posters up and stuff.” Troy said with a grin, his bags rustling as he gathered them into his hands, standing up. Trowa smiled in thanks at his family and stood up as well, clutching the handles of the bag that had been shoved into his lap. Together, they headed out of the mall and back home, all three eagerly awaiting New Year's Eve…
 
***
 
Troy riffled through his closet, now filled with all his newly bought dress clothes. He grunted, unable to find the shirt he desired to wear. His dress pants lay on his bed, with his dress shoes placed beside them. He was currently wearing nothing but his boxers, thankful of the fact his door locked so that his parents wouldn't end up barging in on him. He slammed his closet door, as he was unable to find the shirt, which he hadn't touched since hanging up two days ago, and stomped over to his bed. He pulled on his socks first, than pulled on the black pants that fit him perfectly. He slipped on his shoes and then went back to hunting down his shirt. His hair was brushed and fell to his shoulders, his bangs obscuring the view of one bright blue eye as was usual. He dug through his closet again, and then went through his dresser for the third time that night. With a groan, he dropped onto his bed, stretching out across it with his arms spread wide on either side of him. Where was that damned shirt?!
 
“Troy?! Are you ready to go yet?!”
 
“Not yet dad! Just give me a few more minutes!”
 
“Hurry up! We don't want to be late!” Troy snorted and got up from his bed, slowly going through his closet. If he couldn't find the desired shirt, he'd wear the black silk one. He riffled through the hung shirts and pants and, upon looking down, rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh as he discovered where his `missing' shirt was. He picked it up off the floor and quickly undid the buttons, shrugging into it and doing the buttons up once more. The slightly transparent material of silvery-blue glistened softly in the light and he tucked the shirt into his pants. Looking at himself in the mirror, Troy gave a satisfied smirk. The shirt was a bit baggy around the arms, but was held closed by a mere four buttons, as the collar was deep, showing a slash of flesh that ran from collarbone to the end of his ribs. Whether his parents liked it or not, he looked good. Spritzing a bit of cologne at the base of his neck quickly, he turned and rushed downstairs, finding Trowa and Quatre waiting in the small foyer. Trowa merely lifted and eyebrow, Troy doing the same thing in return while exchanging a silent conversation with his father. Quatre, however, narrowed his eyes slightly at the garment.
 
“Troy Triton Barton-Winner! Where did you get that shirt from?!” Quatre demanded, arms crossed over his chest. Troy lifted an eyebrow, casually leaning against the wall and crossing his arms over his chest.
 
“I bought it when we went shopping. And I think we should get going or we're going to be late.” He pointed at the grandfather clock that was set near the entrance to the living room and then pushed away from the wall, sauntering out to the car. Quatre snorted, but Trowa steered him outside anyway, locking the door behind him. Quatre wasn't very pleased, he didn't like the idea of his son being such an…exhibitionist…but Trowa soothed him quickly and Quatre gave in. Troy was growing up, and he knew it. They drove in silence to Preventers headquarters, parking in the nearly empty parking lot between a sleek royal blue convertible and a black sport's car. The trio double-checked how they looked and then headed inside, hearing the music from outside the doors. They entered into the main atrium and were started by the festivity of it all. Streamers and banners hung everywhere and music played at just the right sound level.
 
They stood at the entrance for a moment, just taking it all in, when Quatre and Trowa's attention was drawn by the calling of their names.
 
“Quatre! Trowa! Is that you?!” The two ex-pilots turned towards the voice, both sets of eyes widening at the person, or persons, that were making their way over.
 
“Oh Allah! DUO!”