Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon-Kitten ❯ Dragon-Kitten ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Dragon-Kitten
Author: OrangeFlips
Pairings: 1x5. 2x3x4 implied.
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Duo discovers the relationship between Heero and Wufei by spying... in a tree, while contemplating on how Wufei resembles a kitten...
Comments: Haha, it's so fluffy I don't even know where to begin. It's like... did I write this? Jill doesn't write sap and awkward humor! Haha, R&R, please?
Warnings: Sappy. Very sappy. Unbetaed too. I need a beta. Please. Please. DESPERATELY. Email me, please? Or leave a review with your email?
Standard disclaimers apply.
 
Sometimes, if Duo really wanted to get killed, or at least chased around a bit before he managed to find a place to hide for a few hours, he called Wufei a kitten. And Wufei was exactly like a kitten, with large, smothering black eyes that blinked, well, kittenishly, up whenever he was a little sleepy. And this is when Duo would smirk up in to those cute, yet enticing, smothering black coals and mutter, “Hi Kitten,” while grinning like one of those clowns from Trowa's circus, of course. Then Wufei would snarl, eyes large, shoulders tense, and proceed to chase Duo around like a very angry, frightened kitten.
 
It was just too adorable sometimes. Ah, yes, Duo grinned, sipping his coffee as he sat cross-legged... in a tree. Duo Maxwell never lied, no no no! Wufei was exactly like a kitty!
 
He gripped his insulated coffee cup lightly, and twirling it a round a bit before letting the last few drops of caffeinated heaven trickling down his throat before glancing down from the tree and aiming at the trash can a few meters down from where he sat. The cup shot down, and landed soundly in the metal bin with a pleasant clunk, and Duo Maxwell grinned again. The skills procured from guns did have its uses outside of war.
 
Focus, Maxwell. There's a reason you're here every Thursday afternoon, and it's not simply to sit in a tree, even if the tree was a more comfortable tree, with no itchy bark and all, and had pretty, fat green leaves heavy that hung from its branches, perfect for building a nest away from predators. In fact, hadn't he had to relocate a nest just to sit here? Hmm... Duo paused, glancing around at his... erm, the tree. Oh well, never underestimate the power of Shinigami, birds! He resituated himself on the tree, draping his body over a branch and shrouding himself efficiently within the leaves.
 
Duo glanced at his watch. Another few minutes... a white-clad figured moved in his line of vision, and Duo grinned even wider. The kitten had arrived to do his weekly outside katas! Duo never missed it, not even for a chance to impress Quatre or Trowa, and well, let's just say it was like watching liquid sex.
 
Now, if Quatre or Trowa were home, he wouldn't be here at all, but rather in a bedroom... but they always went shopping on Thursday afternoons, so that was that. Duo sighed. He'd just have to put up with sex-like motions.
 
Beneath him, Wufei had already begun taking his cleansing breaths, and then began moving through the forms.
 
Except... there was someone else watching today, Duo noticed. His ears perked up as he glanced around, and was greeted first with a mass of dark brown hair, a pointed nose, and a body that could only be controlled by Heero Yuy. Wufei stopped his movements to look at Heero, beckoning him closer. Duo grinned. Heero, caught! Haha, even the Perfect Soldier couldn't escape the wrath of the terribly short-tempered Wufei-kitten!
 
“...stay out of the way,” Wufei was murmuring softly. There was Duo's kitten, diplomatic at first, then fiery if you didn't listen! But—wait... when did Wufei get sunburn on his face? Duo involuntarily winced. Sunburn on the face... ouch. He was glad he wasn't Wufei.
 
“Of course, why would I harm myself when I know how much power you put behind those moves?” a nasal voice responded, its owner crossing his arms.
 
“Uninterrupted, Yuy, when I mean uninterrupted, I mean uninterrupted.” There was a snarl behind that voice, and Duo's grin grew impossibly larger. Time for Wufei-kick-butt-action! Kung-fu-power! Put a little claw into it, Wufei!
 
“Of course.”
 
“I'm glad we understand.” And with that note, Wufei returned to his liquid se— erm, katas, and Heero moved to stand a few feet away.
 
To say that Duo was furious was an understatement. Heero Yuy had a better view of Wufei - only a few feet away -than Duo, and all he had to do was ask! Stupid Perfect Soldier, stupid Dragon-like Kitten, if he had known better—
 
Wait? Wufei wasn't demanding that Heero stop watching him? When did they get so close, those two—Duo quickly stopped himself before letting out a curse—all of a sudden becoming buddy-buddy and leaving Duo out as a third wheel? He bit back a snarl. So what did he owe the pair now? He quickly posted a mental note in his mind. Let's see, one curse... one snarl...
 
Wasn't that Wufei's last form? Duo stared intently. The curling... something. Whatever, it made Wufei look like a kitten catching its prey and that's all that matters! Duo grinned, but then immediately frowned. Oh no, no, no, Wufei was done with his katas now. It was all Heero's fault, stupid Heero distracting Duo from watching Wufei. He glared at the leaf in front of him, wishing it would blow down to Heero and slice him up into a thousand little pieces. Or at least nick his Gundanium-like body a little. The poor leaf fell, helpless under the intensity of Duo's glare, but it merely landed in the trash can. Darn.
 
“Heero!” Wufei mewed loudly, and Duo tore his gaze from the leaf. Heero's body loomed over Wufei's body, covering the smaller Asian.
 
Heero... he wanted to kill Wufei now? Over a few martial art forms? What a disgrace! Well, no fear, kitten, Shinigami is here to save you!
 
“I said no interruptions, Yuy!” but Wufei didn't seem to want an answer, and instead latched on to Heero, arms entwining at his neck. This didn't look like an assassination-in-action. In fact, it was looking more like—
 
“You're done. It's my turn,” Heero responded back anyways, but it wasn't monotonous. It was gruff, as though he needed to control his voice to speak at all. Heero's hands were cradling the other man's face, and as he leaned in, Wufei purred.
 
Their mouths were touching. Was this an after-kata ritual? No, wait! They were kissing! They were kissing! Wufei and Heero were together! Together! The two bachelors-for-life-with-gundams-up-their-rear-ends suddenly were... together? Duo's brain buzzed in confusion, a mixture of surprise and... happiness. He didn't understand how his own mind worked sometimes, but here they were, Heero `Duo's Best Friend' Yuy, blatantly swapping spit with Wufei `Kitten' Chang.
 
What an outrage! How could they have kept this from him?! What kind of best friend was Heero? What kind of comrade was Wufei? Gaah! Duo was going to have to kill them! Betray of trust! Bastards!
 
“You're such a cute little kitten like that,” Heero muttered, and Wufei let out a kittenish protest before launching his lips back on to Heero's.
 
So Heero gets a make-out session while Duo gets chased after with a precious family heirloom that resembled an oversized butter knife? Life was just too cruel sometimes. Duo clenched his fists, and refused to admit that he wasn't angry.
 
Wufei mewed louder, and Duo shielded his eyes. Duo had said Wufei's kata moves were like liquid sex, not that he wanted to see sex!
 
Duo sneaked a peak through his fingers. “I am not a sex kitten, Yu—” Heero was kissing Wufei again, and, oh, what the hell, it really was pretty damn cute. It didn't stop Duo from snickering as he snuck away a few moments later, tossing glances back at the pair. Trowa and Quatre were due back soon, and then...
 
Perhaps their date with Shinigami could be postponed for a while, Duo mused.
 
Endnotes: Oh man, I don't know what possessed me to write that. I seem to adore writing 1x5 fics with Duo mixed in to it somehow without forming a threesome, haha. R&R! And offer to be beta? ;o