Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Due South ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Due South - part 13

by KatiKat
 

"But, Heero..." Duo protested as his mate pushed him into Treize and Mil´s cabin. They still looked rather disheveled, as Trowa had abruptly entered their room and found them in a more than intimate position.

Milliardo, who had been until now pacing the cabin nervously, turned to them. "What´s going on?" he asked, stepping closer to them.

Heero spared him a look before turning back to his distressed lover. "Pirates," he explained the problem at hand with one sharp word. Then he released Duo´s shoulders and shoved the silver knives Trowa brought into his hands. "Here, take these. Just in case. And don´t leave this cabin until I or someone else you know comes for you, understood?"

Duo frowned. "But, Heero..."

The former Enforcer sighed then took Duo´s face in his hands. "Listen to me very carefully. You are not weak and you are no coward," he assured his mate but seeing Duo´s doubtful look, he continued: "That´s not why I´m leaving you here. In the last couple of days you learned a lot, but you are not good enough to face a horde of pirates. Be reasonable, love. I don´t want to see you killed. If you were out there, I would be too worried about you to take care of myself. The danger you would face would distract me too much." Nothing like a little emotional blackmail, Heero thought.

Duo sighed and lowered his eyes, his shoulders slumping in misery.

"Thank you," Heero said softly and kissed his mate on the tip of his nose. The he released Duo and took a step back, looking down at Shinigami who was standing next to Duo, watching them curiously. "And you stay. Protect them." He turned around to head for the door when Mil´s voice stopped him.

"Heero..." The blond man´s tone was hesitant.

Heero forced a smile on his worried face. "I will do what I can to protect Treize," he promised. "If he could, he would have..."

Milliardo waved his hand. "I know that he has no time to comfort his mate right now. His place is on deck now, with his men. It´s just..."

"He won´t die," Heero assured him. "He is too arrogant to give the pirates the satisfaction of killing the First General." Not believing that he actually managed to crack a joke for the blond man´s peace of mind, the Enforcer gifted Duo with a last glance, hastily stepped out the door and closed it firmly.

For a moment the Enforcer just stood in the narrow corridor with his forehead laid against the unyielding wood of the cabin´s door. Hearing the bar being shoved in place, he pulled himself together and headed up on deck.

*-*-*-*-*-*

"They are going to ram us!" one of the sailors yelled in fear as the black shape of The Revenge changed its course slightly with the intention to push them off course too. "Their captain must be crazy!"

They were headed for a group of islands, intent on hiding in the safe shallow waters of the coral reef where the black ship with a deeper draft wouldn´t be able to reach them. But the captain of the pirate ship obviously guessed what they were trying to accomplish.

The ships were now mere yards apart. It was obvious that if the Peacemillion wouldn´t change it´s course, the ships really would crash together. The ship´s captain pushed the man at the wheel aside, taking the rudder in his own hands. He tore the helm sharply to the right, the wheel spinning wildly, the Peacemillion taking a