Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ For You ❯ For You ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing or any of the characters.

Note: Double quotes (" ") means that the person is talking while single quotes (` `) is a person's thoughts.

For You

A young fairly short Chinese man stood atop a hill, looking out over a field of flowers through slanted obsidian eyes. His black hair was pulled back tightly into a short ponytail at the nap of his neck and waved slightly in the soft breeze. The man's hard features softened a bit as he walked down the hill and sat among the flowers. `This is so like that place from what seems like a lifetime ago…' He thought to himself.

"I protected your meadow." He heard a soft female voice say. "So… please… take me to that field of flowers."

Wufei quickly stood and whirled to look around himself. "Nataku…? Meilan…?!" He closed his eyes. "No…" He whispered to himself. "Meilan is gone." He sat down again and stared at a daisy that was in front of him. `I couldn't protect that one person that I'd started to open up to…' Wufei thought angrily. `And then I killed Trieze… two people have died for me… because I was weak…'

"I was strong wasn't I?" The female voice questioned, seeming to come from everywhere.

"Yeah." Wufei heard himself reply. "Stronger than anyone."

"No… You're much stronger." The voice replied.

"Wufei!" A different female voice called out.

He stood and turned to see a woman with long blond hair and blue eyes standing on top of the hill waiting for him, hands on hips. "We have work to do!" Sally yelled down at him.

"I'm coming, woman!" He yelled back. He turned and looked down at the flowers one last time. `No, you were wrong, Nataku. I wasn't strong enough… I couldn't save you.' He started towards Sally. `But… I'll become stronger and next time I'll be able to protect the people like you… For your justice… always.' Wufei reached Sally and nodded to her in greeting before the two of them headed down the hill and began the walk back to the preventers' base.

A young Chinese girl with her hair pulled into two low ponytails stood in the shadow of a tree, watching Wufei and Sally with a soft smile. "Yes, Wufei, you were worthy to be my husband…" She lifted a transparent hand in farewell before feathered wings appeared on her back and she faded into nothingness.

Wufei looked over his shoulder and smiled softly into the shadows. "Meilan… for your justice, for you, always…"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The end. So there you have it. I think it's much better than the first fic I wrote, but it's still my first for GW. Please R&R!