Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Forget About Us ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Gundam Wing is owned by the people who own it, which obviously isn’t me as I would be sitting with Trowa and Quatre look-alikes feeding me grapes and cheese and fanning me with palm leaves. Since I’m sitting here typing, obviously I’m not being fed and fanned.

Pairing: you’ll figure it out… maybe

Warning: Character Death (predetermined, not in the fic)

//….// Song lyrics

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*


//I’m gonna drive on out
To the river tonight
Find a quiet spot
Turn on my parking
Lights//

He turned off his engine, his lights overlooking the quiet lake, as he lay his head on the on the wheel before getting out and going to his trunk..

//I’m gonna drink
Some beers
And try to catch a buzz
Turn my radio up
And forget about us//

He pulled out a bottle of whiskey and a blanket, going back to his CD player, upping the volume. Heavy metal music blasted out of the speakers as he opened his bottle.

//I’m gonna lay me down
On the hood of this car
Make another wish
Upon a shooting star//

He spread the blanket on the ground, settling down to drink and count stars. As he took a pull, a star shot across the sky like a rocket. As he watched, more flashed until the sky was full of them. He took another pull trying to block out another night.

//I’m gonna think again
About the way it was
I’m gonna close my eyes
And forget about us//

Much as he tried to fight it, the memories washed over him. They were here, watching another star shower. They made wishes, and they kissed. It was so bittersweet, that memory. It was the first night they’d made love.

//I know it won’t be easy
But I’ve got a plan
To just let my memory
Let go of my hand//

He systematically went through his memories, and deleted him. It was hard at first, and it didn’t get much easier as he went on. Add the liquor and he didn’t have a good chance at all.

//I’m gonna miss your
Touch
But I know I must
Forget about us//

He drank himself to sleep, dreaming of arms that held him tight.

//And when the morning sun
Burns across my face
I’ll put my shirt back on
Get up and walk away//

He left the car, the blanket, and the booze there, walking down the dirt road.

//I’m gonna climb my frame
Onto a greyhound bus
Take a little blue pill
And forget about us//

He got on the plane after taking the memory suppressant, and continued to ‘forget’.

//By the time I get to Phoenix
I won’t know your name
Those soft green eyes
Your warm skin
And the way you say good mornin’
I’ll be alright//

As the plane took off, a single red rose fell from atop a new headstone to fall at the base.

The stone read ‘Trowa Barton-Winner. AC 178-AC205. Husband, Brother, Friend. Forever in our memories.’

Rain began to fall, as if in reproach of the promise broken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Damn my fics are always sad! I have no idea why, I just always seem to be depressed when I get in the mood to write them… I’m sorry that you get my bad side…


This song was Forget about Us, by Tim mcGraw