Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Friendship ❯ Friendship ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Friendship

Dun own, dun sue, dun ask, dun tell. (Another one of my fav. Authors said this, so I took it MWAHAHAHA! But for real, I hope you dun mind!) Then we can all be happy!

This ficlet I would like to dedicate to CobaltViolet. The one that has made my frown turn upside down (OOOH! I RHYMED!). The one who has unleashed my inner insanity and the one who thinks I'm actually humorous. Thank you so much for everything you've done for me. Without you…I would have no one to take over the world with, no one to complain to, no one to shoulder my tears, and no one to talk to on the net. There are no proper words to express how much this friendship means to me, and I thank you for being a part of my life. I am forever in your debt. Your humor has brightened up my stormy days, and dried a thousand tears. *curtsy* Arigatou!

~*~*~*~

Opening:

Duo's POV

"Friendship. Hmm…is there really such a word to honor such a strong thing? I like to define it as the person you look up to the most. The one you share your problems with, and who gives you a shoulder to lean on when you've had a tough day. The one who has wiped away your tears and shared their tears with you. The person who has been with you through thick and thin, even stuck with you through your awkward stage with your buck teeth and thick glasses. I guess maybe I could say the only thing I've ever had close to a true friend is Heero. Although we haven't known each other all that long…we've grown a sort of respect for each other, you know? So why am I saying this? Going on and on about a word most people don't try and find the underlying meaning to? I am here to show you, that's why. To let you see the effects just a single person can have on you in such a short amount of time."

~*~*~*~

I met Heero on a, well, weird day to put it bluntly. Most people would have thought a friendship between us could never bud or even come close to blossoming. I mean, come on, I shot the poor boy the first time I saw him! That sure makes one think that we'd be best friends just a few months later. Ironic though, that the exact opposite of what other people thought came true though, huh? Maybe it was fate taking its toll on us, but that I will never know, I'm just happy where I'm at; you'll find no complaints here.

Heero isn't an emotional type of guy. He's awful at first impressions, and I mean, who needs enemies when you have a friend like Heero? Just kidding, just kidding! All right, so he went through his suicidal stage during the war, but we all have our faults don't we? What people fail to see is the real guy underneath his outer soldier attire. What people fail to see is behind the steel wall he's built up around himself. So I am now working on taking that wall apart, piece, by tiny piece.

~*~*~*~

Now it's time for Chapter One!

~MinakoChan