Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ Chapter 81 ( Chapter 81 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Going for Gold”
 
January 2007 ShenLong
 
Chapter 81
 
The morning of the opening ceremony dawned to clear skies and the promise of a fine day ahead. Heero grunted and rolled over, a wide yawn following. He smiled at the still sleeping face of his lover and then winced as his back muscles informed him he'd been sleeping on the hump in the middle of their joined beds.
 
“What was that look for?”
 
Blue eyes darted to see sleepy violet staring at him in curiosity. “Sore back,” he replied. “I think I slept on the hump.”
 
Duo couldn't help it; he snickered.
 
“It's not funny,” sulked Heero and did his best to rub at the protesting muscles. “Ow!”
 
“Come here,” Duo ordered and pulled his lover towards him, shifting his own body and pushing Heero to lie flat on his stomach. Duo straddled his partner's hips and reaching for the hand lotion, he squirted some onto Heero's back.
 
“Cold,” protested Heero with a shiver.
 
“Shut up and act like a man,” Duo admonished, although the grin was plastered to his face. Long fingers and calloused hands began to rub along the golden skin, spreading the lotion and working it into the aching muscles.
 
“Ah, better,” moaned Heero and promptly melted into the mattress.
 
With a shake of his head and snort of amusement, Duo continued to massage the soreness away.
 
By the time Duo had finished, Heero was a puddle of goo, his muscles relaxed and the ache gone. “Better?” inquired Duo.
 
“Much. Thank you.” Heero carefully raised himself as Duo shifted to the side and let him up. He dove in for a sweet kiss, licking the vet's bottom lip as they broke apart. “Love you.”
 
“Love you too. I'm gonna go shower.”
 
“I'll join you in a minute, once I can convince myself to move,” replied Heero.
 
“Lazy,” Duo teased.
 
“And loving it,” retorted Heero.
 
Shaking his head, Duo disappeared into the small bathroom.
 
* * *
 
“That was excellent,” Noin stated to her team as the four riders and their mounts came to a halt before her. “If you all ride like that in the competition then you're going to be in with an excellent chance.”
 
The team all blushed but looked suitably pleased with themselves.
 
“Now, I suggest you all take your horses back to the stables and give them a good grooming. Doctor Maxwell will check them over and report back to me with his findings. Once your horses are settled, you're free to do as you wish. I do remind you though that the opening ceremony begins at four and you will all need to be present at the main stadium by three. There are shuttle buses arranged to transport each country's competitors to the main stadium and our buses will leave from bay two outside the main entry to the Olympic Village at two and two fifteen. If you miss the bus then you will miss being included in the opening ceremony. Do I make myself clear?”
 
“Yes, Noin,” they all replied.
 
“Any questions?”
 
No one appeared to have any and so Noin took her leave, promising to meet with them all outside the main entry at one fifty.
 
* * *
 
“Do I look okay?”
 
Heero turned from where he was pulling his socks on to stare at his partner. Duo stood before him in his full, Olympic uniform. Beige pants, yellow shirt and green jacket adorned the lithe form, sitting elegantly over shoulders and giving Duo an air of sophistication - in Heero's opinion anyway. The chestnut hair was secured neatly in its braid, bangs trimmed but still falling over the vet's forehead. “You look great,” Heero appraised.
 
“Thanks. I like this uniform,” he replied as he smoothed a hand over the jacket front and then dug his ID pass from inside his pocket to place around his neck. “I'm ready.”
 
“Almost there. Just need to put on my shoes,” said Heero as he reached for the said item. Shoes on, Heero hung his own ID card around his neck and stood up, smoothing the pants and shaking his arms gently to get the jacket to settle. “Will I do?”
 
Duo all but moaned at the sight. Heero looked so elegant, the uniform suiting him perfectly. “God, I'd love to get you out of that and have my wicked way with you,” Duo groaned.
 
“I'll take that as a yes then?” chuckled Heero and then moved over to his lover and dove in for a quick kiss.
 
“It's going to be torture trying to keep my hands off you,” Duo murmured as his arms slid around the firm waist and pulled the rider's toned body towards his own.
 
“Tell me about it,” Heero groaned as he pressed his hips against his lover's. “You look so delectable.”
 
A knock to their door brought them out of their rapidly increasing lust. Hastily pulling apart and straightening their clothes, Heero walked to the door and opened it a touch.
 
“You guys ready?” Zoe stood out the front with a big smile on her face.
 
“Hai. Just coming,” he said and then mentally added an 'I wish' to the words.
 
Duo appeared beside him and the pair stepped out of their room, careful to keep the door closed enough that no one could see inside to the joined beds.
 
“Well, bugger me,” Duo gasped as he took in Zoe's appearance.
 
“No thanks, I think I'll leave that to Heero,” came a quick voice to Duo's side and the vet spun around to see Michael laughing at him.
 
Duo's jaw dropped as he stared at the man. “I don't believe I heard that from you,” he retorted.
 
“Then you obviously don't hang out with me enough.” The smirk on Michael's face grew.
 
“After hearing comments like that I don't think I want to,” quipped Duo.
 
Heero rolled his eyes at the pair and then turned back to Zoe. “You look lovely,” he complimented.
 
“Why, thank you, kind sir,” Zoe giggled and did a small curtsy. She was dressed in the same outfit as the men, only instead of wearing the beige pants, she had on a beige skirt.
 
“Well whadd'ya know, she actually has legs,” Duo was quick to say.
 
“I've always had them,” Zoe said with a slight huff.
 
“Yeah, and they go all the way up to her backsi... Ow!!” Michael's words were cut off by a swift thump to his chest and he turned to see his wife glaring at him.
 
“That is quite enough, Michael,” she admonished. And then turned to Heero and offered her arm. “Care to escort me to the main entrance?”
 
“Of course, ma'am.” Heero gave a bow from the waist and then took Zoe's arm.
 
“I'd say we both have some serious groveling to do,” Duo sighed as he watched his lover leading Zoe towards the Village entrance.
 
“You think so?”
 
“No. I know so.”
 
* * *
 
Noin and the others were all waiting outside the Village entrance beside the coaches that would take them to the main arena and opening ceremony. Zechs had joined them, no one questioning his security card for which both Treize and the vet had heaved a sigh of relief.
 
The coaches left, full with the many athletes from the Australian team and headed for the main stadium. It didn't take long before the coaches were pulling up inside, moving slowly to their designated drop off point and allowing the team members to disembark.
 
The showjumping team all circled around Noin, unsure of exactly where they were supposed to go and figuring Noin would lead them in the right direction.
 
“Okay, team. There are designated areas set aside for the athletes to sit and watch the opening ceremony. You will be able to watch the majority of it before we will need to exit and join up with the rest of the Australian team to get ready for the parade of competing athletes. I'll be with you all for the most of it and I'll collect you all when it's time to leave for the parade. Anyone have any questions?”
 
“What happens after the parade?” asked Kyle.
 
Noin smiled. “Once all the formalities are over, it generally becomes open stadium. Most of the countries mingle for a while, meet new people and have a bit of a good time. The shuttle buses will be pulling back in roughly an hour after the ceremony finishes to take us all back to the Village. I'll be able to give you an exact time a little later. I expect you all to behave in a manner befitting your country and under no circumstances are you to miss the coach back to the Village. If you do, not only will you have to find your own way back, but you will also incur a rather strong reprimand from the Australian Olympic committee. I don't think I need to say more?”
 
All team members shook their heads.
 
“Right, let's go find our allocated seats then.”
 
* * *
 
“Oh, wow,” exclaimed Duo as he watched, eyes wide at the spectacular display currently taking place in the arena. The ceremony had started with a bang and just gotten better from there. The constant theme that ran throughout the entire performance was a look at the United Kingdom through the ages. From the early Anglo-Saxon days to the medieval ages, kings, queens and the royal navy setting out to discover new lands were all featured in a three hour extravaganza.
 
Duo had brought both his digital camera and the camcorder. When he wasn't on one, he was using the other or passing one over to Heero to use. Heero found it quite amusing, whilst he was enjoying the show tremendously, he got just as much joy watching Duo's wide eyed innocence at it all.
 
The rest of the team were similarly in awe, sitting back and absorbing the visual delights. The British certainly knew how to put on a show. As the entertainment began to wind down, Noin got the word out to them all that they needed to vacate their seats and make for the marshaling area and join the rest of the Australian contingent.
 
Reluctantly, they all stood and began to shuffle their way along the row and out into the aisle. From there it was simply a case of walking down the steps and out to the rear of the arena where many of the other athletes were congregating. They located the rest of the Australian team, rather awed at the amount of green and gold around. They waited in their group, chatting amongst themselves until the officials began to round them all up and they followed the rest of the representatives to the area just behind the main entrance to the stadium.
 
The excitement was thick in the air, so many people all around and harassed looking officials working their way amongst them all. Gradually they all began to form up into some sort of line up behind the flag bearer and the young girl who was carrying the sign announcing the country. Over the low hum of chatter, they could hear the final crescendo of the music coming from inside the stadium.
 
And then silence fell over the area.
 
Inside the arena the speeches were getting underway, and then it was time for the introduction of the many countries who were competing. The line of athletes began to move forward at a slow, steady pace, each country was announced as they entered the arena and as they were going in alphabetical order, it wasn't long before the Australians found themselves walking up the ramp and into the arena.
 
“Australia!” announced the commentator and a loud roar went up from the crowd as the Australian team entered, walking proudly behind the flag bearing the small Union Jack in the corner, blue background and the stars of the Southern Cross. Several of the athletes had smaller flags in their hands and began to wave them madly at the crowds seated in the stadium.
 
“Isn't this fantastic, Heero?” Duo yelled above the noise. His eyes were bright, tears of pride at being a part of it all glistening in the corners.
 
“Hai, it's just wonderful,” Heero replied. He was having a little trouble speaking, the lump of pride in his throat a little hard to get around.
 
Duo's camera was out and he happily snapped shots as they walked around the outer track of the arena, even snapping a few of Heero and the rest of the team. He gave a wistful smile when he snapped Zoe and Michael. The pair were smiling broadly, waving to the crowds with one hand, their other arms wrapped around each other's waists. He felt a twinge of jealousy that he couldn't share that intimacy with Heero in public but quickly dismissed it - he had a lot to be thankful for.
 
Heero gazed around at the many people in the stands, all of them waving and cheering and he waved back. The smile on his face was large and the pride in his chest at being here and representing his country threatening to burst free at any moment. His mind briefly switched to Shini, back in the stables and no doubt eating his head off or dozing. His mind changed tack and he thought about Zero.
 
Zero.
 
His beloved gray stallion.
 
His heart gave a twinge of sadness. It should have been Zero here with him, Zero competing for his country; but fate had decided that was not to be. Instead, Heero would be representing his country on his stallion's son. He made a silent vow that both he and Shini would give their all for the stallion, make him proud of his son.
 
His eyes switched to Duo and he smiled softly. If it weren't for Duo and his unwavering faith in them, Heero very much doubted he would be here today. He owed the vet so much, much more than he could ever repay. Duo had been there for him, stood firmly at his side as he battled against all sorts of odds, quietly encouraging him, supporting and holding him when it all became too much. He'd shared so much with the long haired vet and Duo deserved to be here just as much as he did - and he intended to make Duo proud of him too, to show him that all the faith, support and encouragement had not gone unheeded.
 
A nudge to his ribs drew him from his thoughts and he looked into amused violet.
 
“You okay there, Heero? You're zoning out on me.”
 
“I'm fine, Duo. Just thinking,” Heero returned with a smile.
 
Duo cocked his head to the side. “Oh?”
 
“Happy thoughts, Duo. I'll tell you later, okay? Right now I'd just love to grab you and give you a big kiss, but that will also have to wait until later.”
 
“Yeah, I guess so,” came Duo's wistful reply. “I don't think it would go down too well on international television if you were to kiss me here.”
 
Heero looked around at the many cameras filming the entire procession and had to agree. “It could be the scandal of the games,” he chuckled.
 
“That it would.”
 
The pair continued to walk with the rest of the team, waving at the crowds and smiling happily.
 
* * *
 
“Come on, Cathy, they're about to start bringing in the countries,” called Hilde from the lounge room.
 
“I'll go give her a hand,” said Trowa and stood up, leaving Quatre by himself on the couch.
 
The four were sitting in the lounge room at Quatre's home, the girls had been invited to join Quatre and Trowa in watching the opening ceremony and stay the night. As England was ten hours behind Sydney it meant it was one in the morning before the telecast would start.
 
Both couples had raided the linen closet and gotten themselves comfortable on the two large couches, pillows and blankets piled around and over them, even though Quatre had the heating turned up to a toasty warmth. Catherine had offered to make them all hot chocolate and was busy in the kitchen when Trowa walked in to help out.
 
“How long does it take to make four hot chocolates?” Trowa mumbled as he entered the kitchen. His eyes widened a bit though when he saw not only the hot chocolates, but a few plates of snacks too. “Cathy?”
 
“Ah, Trowa. You can help by taking the tray through if you would,” Catherine asked, ignoring her brother's words.
 
Trowa found himself with a tray pushed into his hands, his sister gathering up the plates of food and balancing them perfectly.
 
“Come on, we're going to miss the parade of countries if you don't move,” she said and walked out.
 
Trowa blinked a couple of times and then followed.
 
“Cathy!” Quatre exclaimed. “You didn't have to go to all this trouble.” The blonde eyed the plates of snacks Cathy was setting down on the small coffee table.
 
“I know I didn't have to, I wanted to. There is a difference, you know. Now be quiet and eat up,” replied the woman as she piled several of the snacks onto a plate for herself and Hilde and then sat down next to the female vet.
 
“Good job the practice is closed tomorrow,” Hilde commented as she pinched a sandwich and looked at the clock.
 
“The horses still have to be fed,” Trowa stated.
 
“I'll be sure to think of you and Quatre then as I roll over and go back to sleep in the morning.”
 
“I've a good mind to drag you out to help,” Trowa shot back.
 
“Don't even think about it,” Hilde replied.
 
“You wouldn't stand a chance of waking her up,” Cathy informed. “She sleeps like the dead.”
 
“I'm sure if I was to pull the blankets back and tip a cup of cold water over her she'd soon move,” Trowa said with a smug tone.
 
“I dare you to try it,” Hilde said with a glint in her eye. “But I do warn you that I sleep in the nude.”
 
“Ah,” Trowa swallowed hard and blushed to the roots of his hair.
 
“Didn't think so,” Hilde snickered.
 
“The Aussies are coming in next,” Quatre said, calling all their attention back to the screen.
 
The four watched intently as the Australian team was announced and the flood of green and gold began to enter the arena. Eyes scanned over the group looking for their friends when Quatre gave a yell.
 
“There they are!”
 
Sure enough, they could see Heero and Duo walking proudly in the middle of the mass. Just behind them they could see Michael and Zoe and to the side were Treize and Zechs.
 
“Looks like Zechs managed to get in somehow,” commented Hilde.
 
“I wonder how he did?” mused Trowa.
 
“I'm sure we will hear all about it when they come home,” Cathy said.
 
The four continued to watch as the team made their way around the arena and into the center to stand in their allocated spot with all the other countries.
 
* * *
 
The countries all paraded once around the perimeter of the main stadium before being shown to their respective place in the center of the arena. Gradually, as more and more countries entered, the center area started to fill up. Duo watched with wide eyes as more and more athletes filled the stadium. Everywhere one looked was awash with different colors, all the representatives in their country's colors or traditional dress.
 
Duo found the dress of many of the African countries to be of particular interest. They were simply beautiful, not just in their design, but the bright and vibrant hues that went with them.
 
Finally, all but one country had entered the arena. As tradition stated, the host nation was to enter last. When the announcer called out the United Kingdom, the roar that went up from the crowd was deafening. Cheers, whistles and applause greeted the athletes as they flooded into the stadium behind the Union Jack.
 
Once all the nations were settled in the center area, the announcer spoke again, hushing the crowd as the many dignitaries were introduced.
 
“I take it that this is the boring part?” Duo whispered to Heero.
 
Heero's eyes widened as he gave his lover a disbelieving look. “This is where the president of the Olympic committee gives his speech, along with a few others. Then the Olympic Flag is brought in and raised up the flag pole. Lastly, the Olympic Torch arrives and once the flame is transferred to whatever contraption they have designed for it, the Games are officially opened,” Heero informed.
 
“And then we get to party?” Duo's face looked hopeful.
 
Heero couldn't help it, he laughed. “Yes, then we get to party.”
 
“Good.”
 
* * *
 
The speeches didn't go for all that long, much to Duo's relief. He really hated speeches, whether giving them or listening to them. The flag was raised, the Olympic Torch arrived and the cauldron was lit; then the Queen herself stood upon the dais and proclaimed the Olympic Games open.
 
Cheers rang out everywhere, music sprang up, fireworks were set off and everyone began to mingle.
 
The team members were careful to remember Noin's words about representing their country and whilst they had a great time, they all conducted themselves admirably. They kept an eye on the time, noting that many other athletes were similarly watching the clock and as the departure time drew closer, many began to filter out of the main arena and back to the assembly point where the buses would take them back to the Olympic Village.
 
Heero and Duo found Treize and Zechs and the four made their way out to the spot Noin had told them to meet her at. Zoe and Michael were already there, Kyle wandering up a minute or two later. Most of the Australian contingent were milling around, stragglers joining the larger group as the countdown began. Five minutes before the buses were due, Noin turned up and smiled when she saw all her team together and chatting happily amongst themselves. She was proud of the way they had behaved themselves and was certain to let them all know it too.
 
Blushing brightly from the unexpected praise, they all climbed back into the bus and began the trip back to the Village.
 
It was late when they arrived back, Duo starting to fall asleep on the bus, much to Zoe's amusement. The vet's eyes would start to droop, his head and shoulders slip slowly to the side and end up on Heero's shoulder, only to jerk awake again. The buses pulled in and the many team members filtered out. Noin spoke briefly with her team, letting them know there wouldn't be any practice in the morning, but rather the afternoon so the team could have a bit of a lie in after the evening's excitement. All the riders and grooms were pleased about that. Noin bid them all goodnight and left to go to her own room.
 
Treize made a discreet exit with Zechs, planning on seeing his lover back to his hotel safe and sound, Kyle, Zoe and Michael walked with Heero and Duo back to their respective rooms. After exchanging their own good nights and promising to meet up for breakfast, they dispersed into their own rooms.
 
Duo closed the door and locked it, turning around to find Heero breathing down his neck, his lips claimed in a torrid kiss a second later. When he was finally allowed up for air, violet eyes locked with cobalt, a shiver tracing long his spine as Duo noted the look of love and lust in his partner's eyes.
 
“I've been wanting to do that all night,” Heero murmured and began to nibble along Duo's throat.
 
The vet arched his head backwards, exposing more of his neck for Heero to worship, soft moans escaping his mouth as his body responded.
 
“Come to bed,” Heero whispered and then began to pull his lover deeper into the room.
 
Duo followed, eyes lidded and body heating as he noted the look of lust in his lover's eyes. Reaching their joined beds, Duo wriggled free of Heero's hands and brought his own up to divest his partner of his jacket and shirt.
 
The rider let Duo do as he wished, assisting in the removal of his clothes by pulling his arms from the sleeves of jacket and then shirt. His skin shivered with the cooler touch of the night air, but warmth soon flooded his system as Duo began to toy with his nipples.
 
Fingers stroked gently over the hardening nubs, flicking and giving a light pinch from time to time. With the increase in breathing rate, Duo's hands began to wander further, exploring the well toned chest and over washboard abs to Heero's pants. With a smirk, Duo flipped the button and lowered the zipper. Underwear followed the downward slide of the trousers, Heero stepping out of them and to the side. With only his socks and shoes still on, Heero felt a little ridiculous and was quick to remove them too. Gloriously nude, he turned his attention back to his fully clothed lover.
 
“Are you going to stay like that?” he questioned with a lick of his lips, one hand dropping to grasp his rapidly hardening cock.
 
“Hell no!” Duo replied and hastily began to remove his own clothing. He was in such a hurry, eyes fixated on Heero's stroking hand that he got himself tangled in his shirt sleeves. “Dammit!” he growled.
 
“Let me help.” Heero grasped the errant shirt sleeves and pulled them from his boyfriend. He knew Duo was getting frustrated and would rip the shirt clean off in a moment and they couldn't afford to have the uniform destroyed. It could lead to some awkward questions from Noin.
 
“Thanks,” Duo muttered as he moved to getting his pants undone and off.
 
With both men completely naked they took a brief moment to appreciate the view of each other before Duo growled and pounced, knocking Heero to the bed and landing on top of his lover.
 
“As much as I like you in the uniform, I much prefer you out of it,” the vet stated and then proceeded to worship Heero's body with his hands, lips, mouth and tongue.
 
All Heero could do was writhe, moan and beg for more.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...
 
AN: Obviously the 2012 Games have not been held yet so I have no idea what is planned for the opening ceremony, therefore all the ceremony itself in this fic is completely made up. ^_^