Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gone In 60 Seconds ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
29 Dec 2000

Type : epic, fusion, AU
Teaser: Legendary car booster Heero Yuy thought he'd left the fast lane behind -- until he is forced out of retirement in a do-or-die effort to save his kid sister from the wrath of an evil monster! But with speed to burn and attitude to spare, Heero hastily re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full throttle race to pull off the ultimate car heist: 50 exotic beauties in 24 hours -- and the cops are already on to them!
Spoilers : Gone In 60 Seconds 2000 version
Warnings : language
Pairings : 1+2, 3+4, 6+9
Rating : PG-13
Disclaimer : I don't own anything. I am poor... want a nickle?
Feedback : Please please please!!!!





Gone In 60 Seconds by Willow
Chapter 2: Message to Heero


Monday 2:15 P.M.

"Control, vision, determination," Heero said to the children seated around him. "These are the three fundamental components of the new generation race car driver. Speed is a byproduct. Going fast." He paced back and forth in his lecture. He turned back to the small crowd. "But remember: The car is you, you are the car."

Looking down he pointed at his 'students'. "Okay?" A smile lit on his face as the children nodded, their own faces smiling brilliantly in excitement. "Let's ride!"

The children scattered to their go-karts, helmets and gear already secured. They raced around the track as fast as the little karts could take them.

"Billy, you just shaved one second off your lap time!" Heero called out to one of the children passing him.

Heero didn't notice the black Cady as he jogged over to right a spun kart. "Tommy, I don't know what that was, but it wasn't driving." Pulling the starter on the kart he cheered the boy, "Go get'em!"

A chance glance behind him told him that an old buddy was here to see him. Sighing, Heero walked over to his friend. 'Why is he here?' Heero thought irritatedly.

Atley Jackson lounged against the black Cadillac watching the children race. As Heero neared the fence, Atley stood to greet him.

"Well, well, well. What do you pay your pit crews with? Oreos and Gummy Bears?" He said, still watching the kids.

"I folded, Atley. You know that. What are you doing here?" Heero asked, ignoring the other's comment.

Sighing, Atley turned to look at him. "Is there someplace we can talk?"

"About what?"

"About your sister and the deep shit she's in," Atley said, his face grim.

Heero's eyes widened slightly. Turning to the oldster he worked with, he said, "Frank, can you watch the kids for a minute?"

Nodding, Frank stood from where he was resting his weary old bones and walked over to watch the kids.

Walking inside, Heero said, "Tell me about Len."

Leaning against the doorframe, Atley spoke, "She took a job, and she fumbled it." He looked away for a moment. "Now she's jammed up. She's jammed up bad."

Heero's face showed none of the concern or worry that he was feeling. When he spoke his voice was calm, revealing nothing, "What kind of job?"

Atley sighed, "A boost. A big boost."

"A boost?" Atley nodded. "What's Len doing on a boost?" Heero was getting angry. He'd left to prevent such things, he didn't want his kid sister following in his footsteps. It could get her arrested or worse.... killed.

"Oh, you're shittin' me, man," Atley pushed himself off the doorframe and walked on inside. "Len's become quite the little crew runner since you left. You don't talk to your ma?"

"She neglected to mention it," Heero said evenly, a little of his irritation creeping into his voice as his brain did 360s in his head.

Looking down, Atley sighed. "Listen, I need something. I-I need something cold to drink. I thought we were goin' some place to talk."

Heero walked past him and sat down at his desk. "Who was the job for?"

"A new gal named Une. They call her 'The Carpenter.' She's runnin' all the dark ponies down there now. It's a full-on 'Devil came down to Long Beach' trip. She's bad. She's real bad," Atley said as he sat down.

"And this.... Une.... is the one who's after my sister?" Heero asked.

"Like stains on a mattress," Atley paused. "And you should know.... I work for her."

Heero glared at him.

Atley shook his head slightly, looking away. "There weren't many opportunities for retired car thieves on the gimp." He looked back at Heero, "She put me to work. I-I gotta tell you, Heero, this lady, she scares the shit out of even me."

Heero turned in his chair to look out the window, his brow furrowed in thought.




------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------

End Chapter 2

Willow -- Please send feedback to the author at: xxacidburnxx_1x2@yahoo.com