Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gone In 60 Seconds ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
29 Dec 2000

Type : epic, fusion, AU
Teaser: Legendary car booster Heero Yuy thought he'd left the fast lane behind -- until he is forced out of retirement in a do-or-die effort to save his kid sister from the wrath of an evil monster! But with speed to burn and attitude to spare, Heero hastily re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full throttle race to pull off the ultimate car heist: 50 exotic beauties in 24 hours -- and the cops are already on to them!
Spoilers : Gone In 60 Seconds 2000 version
Warnings : language
Pairings : 1+2, 3+4, 6+9
Rating : PG-13
Disclaimer : I don't own anything. I am poor... want a nickle?
Feedback : Please please please!!!!





Gone In 60 Seconds by Willow
Chapter 6: Second Chances


Heero walked into the auto shop. "Excuse me. You know where Howard is?" he asked a man who was stripping the paint off a vintage '54 Plymouth.

"He's in the back, in the paint shop," the man said, before returning to his work.

Heero walked on back. "Hey, Hemi," he said to the dog who was chewing on yet another liscence plate. He smiled as he watched Howard putting the finishing touches on a flame job to a '34 Ford chop top hotrod.

Junie tapped Howard's shoulder and pointed behind him.

"Is that you? About time you came to see me," Howard said, grinning at Heero.

"I missed you," Heero said as Howard launched into a bear hug.

"It's good to see you," Howard laughed, "You look great."

"It's good to see you," Heero said after Howard released him from the hug.

"You too. Oh, remember my Junie?" Howard said, pushing Heero forward to shake hands.

"Hey, Junie. How are you?" Heero asked, a small smile gracing his lips.

"We're doin' good, thank you," she said smiling.

"Good, good," Heero said. He looked at Howard, "You look happy."

"Well, I am happy," he replied, "I really am."

"So what happened here?" Heero asked, indicating the shop.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it's nice. But the chop shop, the stripped cars, my education," Heero chuckled.

"What happened? Hey," Howard walked past him. "Old age happened. That's what happened. Got tired of killing 'em. You know, I woke up one morning and thought, 'I am no longer a destroyer. I'm a means of resurrection.' Now we restore, we revive."

Howard walked over and sat down beside an old beat up radio. "Come here. Remember we used to do this?"

"What?" Heero asked.

"You know. Come here. Okay." Howard pushed the play button. The speakers blasted forth sounds of engines revving and rumbling. "It's a Ferrari 365 GTB-4 Daytona. Le Mans, 1971. Five cam--"

"That's a V-12," Heero said, smiling at his mentor.

"V-12, right, right, right, right!" Howard grinned a finger in the air. "Here it peaks at 5,500 r.p.m.!"

"What do you know about Une?" Heero asked suddenly, yelling over the roar of engines.

"Who?" Howard asked, turning off the radio.

"Une," Heero repeated.

Howard turned to look at Junie, "Uh, excuse us, sweetness. I'll be right back." Howard stood and directed Heero out of the room.

"We can talk right here," Heero protested.

"No, no, no, no, no. It's all right," Howard said, draging Heero with him. "Une.... She's a jackal tearing at the soft belly of our-- of our fair town." Entering his office he turned to look at Heero, "And she's an asshole to boot, so be careful. I heard about Len. Are you considering a come back tour?"

"Do you think it can be done?" Heero asked.

"Don't do this to me, okay?" Howard said. "Please, please not now. Oh, man."

Heero followed Howard into the office and sat down on a bench.

"How many cars?" Howard asked.

"Fifty."

"How many days?"

"Three."

"How many in your crew?"

"One, but I came here hoping to negotiate for a second," Heero said, looking up at him.

"No way. It can't be done," Howard said shaking his head. "I mean, you need time to prep, time to shop. You know that."

Heero looked at him, his eyes serious and sad, "It has to be. They're gonna kill her."

Howard was shocked. He slowly turned from Heero to walk across the room. "Oh, man."

Heero followed him over to a rusty '37 La Salle that was waiting for restoration. "It was a mistake to come here. You have a great life now. I don't want to upset that."

Howard nodded slightly, his face contemplative. Heero got up to leave, but Howard called out. "Uh, wait a minute. Uh, hold on. Look around you. These days.... I'm all about second chances. So, uh, let's make a few phone calls and we'll go from there, okay?

"Okay," Heero replied.




------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------

End Chapter 6


Willow -- Please send feedback to the author at: xxacidburnxx_1x2@yahoo.com