Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gone In 60 Seconds ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
3 Mar 2001

Here's part 16 and I'm working on part 17 (my fave!
"Hello Ladies")..... without further ado:

Type : epic, fusion, AU
Teaser: Legendary car booster Heero Yuy thought he'd left the fast lane behind -- until he is forced out of retirement in a do-or-die effort to save his kid sister from the wrath of an evil monster! But with speed to burn and attitude to spare, Heero hastily re-assembles his old crew and floors it in a full throttle race to pull off the ultimate car heist: 50 exotic beauties in 24 hours -- and the cops are already on to them!
Spoilers : Gone In 60 Seconds 2000 version
Warnings : language
Pairings : 1+2, 3+4?, 6+9
Rating : PG-13
Disclaimer : I don't own anything. I am poor... want a nickel?
Feedback : Please please please!!!!





Gone In 60 Seconds by Willow
Chapter 16: Unexpected Visitor


23:59:58 Hours to Deadline

A honking of a horn sent Wufei running to open the front door, revealing Dory sitting in a POS Cadillac. She pulled in and got out, smirking.

"So you think I can only get pizzas, huh?" she said triumphantly. "Boosted it myself."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. How'd you get it?" Donny asked, eyeing the girl.

She looked at the car oddly. "Actually, the keys were in it."

"Oh, well, that kinda defies the point then, don't it?" Donny asked sarcastically.

Heero stared at the car, shaking his head slightly as if trying to contemplate something that defied reason. He looked at her, blue eyes cold. "You stole a car that wasn't on the list."

Wufei decided now would be a good time to see what the chick had brought in. He popped the trunk....

"You stole a car that wasn't on the list!" Heero growled, getting slightly pissed off. "Why didn't you just go to the police station in a red clown suit and let everybody know what we're doin' here?"

"What have we got?" Tumbler asked Wu, who was rumaging through the trunks contents.

"I don't know," Wufei told him. He came across a strange packet and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. "Shit! Fellas."

"What?" Dory asked, turning around.

"Gimme that," Howard said, pushing the girl aside.

"Check this out. Check this out!"

"Let me see that. This looks like heroin," Donny said, taking a second packet from the trunk.

"What!?" Heero barked out.

"Exactly," Donny retorted.

"Where'd you get this car?" Tumbler asked him, stiffling his laughter.

"In front of some poker parlor in Chinatown," Dory said.

Howard looked at her from behind his everpresent sunglasses. "Did you ever consider why a car in a neighborhood like that would have its keys left in it?"

"No," she replied, meekly.

"Maybe 'cause nobody in that neighborhood would be stupid enough to rip this car off," Donny said, fixing her with an angry glare.

Relena ran her fingers through her hair, having to remind herself not to pull at the mass her fists were clutching.

"Alright. Get this shit outta here. Take it back," Heero commanded.

"No, no. We can't take it back," Tumbler piped up.

"Get it outta here!"

"Will everybody relax for a second?" Len said, trying to dispel the tenseness that was building. But no one was listening, their fear of being caught and anger at Dory for pulling such a stupid stunt made them unreasonable. Half of them were yelling for someone to take it back and the other half to just find someplace to dump the piece of shit.

Wufei lunged at the packet Donny was holding, "I'm coming after this shit. Gimme t'at."

Donny pinned the little Chinese man with a glare and yanked the heroin away from him.

"Man, I will knock the shit outta you," Wufei threatened, determined to get the packet. [1]

"Shut up."

All argument ceased the moment a knock sounded at the door.

"Wait, wait, wait," Howard told the group. "Who is it?" he called.

"Detective Marquise," was the answer.

"Oh. Christ," Howard muttered and all was a buzz of motion. Everyone scattered to cover the 'baka'd boost.' Everything Wu'd thrown from the trunk was shoved back in in their haste and they slammed the trunk closed. The younger guys scattered to hide the plans, let, et cetra.

"Goddamn it," Heero breathed to himself as Howard let Zechs in.

"Hello, Howard."

"Detective. Good to see you," Howard said in his most welcoming tone.

Heero was jut happy Duo wasn't here at the moment. The young man could not, would not, just plain refused to tell a lie.... and alot of those would have to be told until they got rid of Zechs.

"Long time," Zechs said, still conversing with Howard.

"Yeah. You're lookin' good," Howard said.

"Thank you.... but I didn't know you swung that way," Zechs teased. Howard just ignored the comment.

'Shit,' Heero thought, noticing the heroin that had spilt on the floor.

"So Heero, what do we got here?" Zechs asked. "We got a multigenerational gathering of players? Is that what we got here?"

"Right," Heero said rolling his eyes.

"Here's Donny," Zechs said, smirking slightly. "How ya been, D?"

"I'm just happy to see you, brother," Donny grinned, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"Yeah. I gotta tell you, Heero. Seeing you here, Howard, Donny, makes me feel almost nostalgic."

"Kinda like a big reunion," Heero said, gesturing at the room. "You should stick around, 'cause later we're gonna make s'mores and sing 'Kumbayah.'"

Zechs just looked at him. Then he looked at the car, "What is this?"

"What? They call this a Cadillac," Howard said, his voice toned as if he were talking to a child or a person with severe brain deformities. This earned a few laughs from the gathering.

"What's wrong with it, Howard?"

"Rest-- Needs restoration."

"What?" Zechs looked at him like he was insane.

"Brightening."

"Howard," Zechs said. "You got a '39 Ford right there."

"That's a pretty car," Howard said nodding.

"Isn't that a nice car?" Heero joined in.

"Yeah. Right here you got a '53 Fiat Vignale," Zechs pointed out. "Now, these are beautiful cars, Howard. And here we got a '83 Cadillac Eldorado."

"Yeah," Howard nodded.

"I mean, who the hell pays to brighten up a Cadillac Eldorado?"

"I think it holds a certain sentimental value, you know," Howard said smoothly. "Nothing more."

Zechs didn't look convinced. He pulled out his walkie-talkie and spoke. "Run me down a tag. License 3-2-9-H-R-O. That is Harold, Randall, Otto, burgundy Cadillac," he said, then waited for the retrieval of information. He caught a look at some papers on one of Howards desk, noticing the numbers on it.

Tumbler slid a pile off the shelf. Heero glared at him. 'I'm gonna chew his ass out if he tries anything, the little shit.'

"No faith in our newfound goodness, Detective? Huh?" Howard asked.

"Task force runs statistics and numbers, Howard. You know that," Zechs told him. "Heero, this Len?" Zechs pointed at the girl leaning against the wall.

"That's my sister. She's all grown up." Heero said, trying to smirk.

"'One-Breaker-eleven, Pacific Division three-two-niner, Harold, Randall, Otto. No wants, no warrants at this time. D.M.V. not on file,'" the radio chirped.

"Copy that. Thank you," Zechs told the woman on the other end.

"See, I knwo what you're doin'. I know," Heero said. "You're thinkin' that there's no want, but that I stripped its guts and crated her up, right?"

"Is that what you did, Heero?" Zechs asked.

"No. I didn't do it," Heero said glaring. "You know, you're trying to hurt my feelings? Fine. You know what? Go ahead. Do it. Let her rip."

"Go ahead, rev it up," Donny coaxed also.

"Alright, goddamn it. I will," Zechs said.

"Sell it to you cheap," Howard said. And Zechs laughed.

"Yeah. '83. First year they put the auto-ride controll on these boys," Zechs said.

"Oh, I don't know," Heero said, "You probably know more about cars at this point than I do." He opened the door, letting Zechs slide into the driverseat.

"Hah! You slippin' on me, Heero?"

"No, it's just your knowledge overwhelms me," he shut the door. "It's got a real nice sounding engine. Right, Howard?"

"Four point one liter," Howard said.

"Digital fuel injection?" Zechs asked.

"You got it. You're the man," Howard chuckled.

Zechs turned the key and revved the engine. Donny looked down to check the heroin. 'Not movin' yet,' he thought.

"Give it some more. Give it some more," Howard told the blond.

The heroin began to blow away like the dust it was. "Yeah, that's it!" Donny yelled.

"Go, go!" Howard urged Zechs on.

"Baby, don't be so mean! Yeah, that's it!" Donny cried as the heroin disappeared completely.

"Oh, that was good," Zechs said.

"You break it, you buy it, my friend," Howard said as Zechs let the RPM back down to an idle.

"Yeah, she got some power goin' on," Zechs said, turning the car off.

Howard looked across the roof at Heero, his face relieved.

"Alright," Zechs said, climbing out of the car. "I'll catch you later." With that, he turned to go.




----------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------



Zechs climbed back into his car. "It's on for tonight," he told Noin.

"How do you know?" she asked him.

"They got the call signs on all the units working tonight," he said, starting the car.




---------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------



"Wh-what were you gonna do with this?" Heero asked Tumbler, taking the pipe from the young guy's hands.

"I was gonna bonk him," Tumbler said.

"Bonk?" Heero looked at the boy, the look on his face say 'you're a total idiot.' "For the next 24 hours, all your decision-making privileges have been removed!" he told the room, "You got it?"

"Got it," Dory said.

"Yeah, that's cool," Wufei said, muttering soemthing about injustice under his breath.

"Obviously they're onto us. He's sniffin' real close," Heero indicated the now-gone Zechs. "If anything tonight appears outta place, I want you to cut bait, get out of there and walk away. And get ris of thsi goddamn car!"




--------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------

End Chapter 16: Unexpected Visitor


Willow -- Please send feedback to the author at: xxacidburnxx_1x2@yahoo.com