Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam: Eternal Requiem ❯ Prelude ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The year is 2009, otherwise known as After Colony One. By the beginning of the year 2008, referred to in text as Before Colony 2008, earth's natural resources began to run thin. As a result, a group of scientist worked together in order to put humans into space. They succeeded, and by the end of 2008, earth was able to send three-fourths of the earth's population into space in order to live in colonies. Five major colonies were set up, based on five major countries on earth. Colony L1 was based off China. Colony L2 was based off America. Colony L3 was based off Japan. Colony L4 was based off France. And Colony L5 was based off Latin America. These five colonies were the major powers of space, and were constantly in war. There were also multiple mini-colonies, which resembled third world countries; they tended to remain neutral within the five colonies conflicts. In addition to these indiviual conflicts, the remaining human's on earth tended to war with the colonies due to the fact that they hated the colonies for leaving them on the dried and barren earth. In order to fight these vicious wars, a mass amount of mobile suits were built. However, seven mobile suits were built to be above all the rest. Each major colony received one of these mobile suits. Earth received the other two. These superior mobile suits were called, Gundams. This is the tale of those seven gundam pilots, and their adventures in space.