Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Force ❯ Notes ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After much deliberation, I decided to post this. I had originally decided not to because I don't think that I will ever end up finishing this; and I don't have the first chapter (I'd started it, but then my hard drive crashed and I lost the two other chapters I'd been working on).

Since I've decided to publish what I have thus far I'll need to explain a few things that would have been in GF - Beginnings, or you're going to be _very_ confused when you start reading GF - Turning Point (which was supposed to be the second chapter).

After the end of Endless Waltz, WuFei decides to go into chryo-sleep, incase there's ever another uprising (figuring that if the world goes to pacifism, and there's a sudden uprising, no one will be trained or equipped to handle it); for reasons of his own, Duo joins him. Their Chryo-chambers are kept in a hidden sub-basement of the Preventers' headquarters.

52 years later WuFei and Duo are discovered by the Peacecraft Alliance. The identities of the Gundam Pilots, with the exception of Heero, had been kept a secret to protect them; therefore, no one knew who WuFei and Duo were, but given that it took them nearly three years to crack the codes on the tanks, they knew that they were somehow important.

WuFei and Duo learned that Une and the Preventers had joined with a terrorist group known as the Entente Amity (this might actually be a nonsensical name, but I think it sounds nice), which had declared war against the Peacecraft Alliance.

As WuFei and Duo didn't immediately trust the Alliance, they withheld information about themselves until they had done more research. They discovered that Heero had married Relena, and both of them had been killed by the Entente, also, two of their grandchildren, who were named for them, had been abducted. They also learned that Trowa and Quatre had been married and (through means similar to the ones used for Quatre's sisters) had had a son, and later two grandchildren; but the son and daughter-in-law had died under suspicious circumstances, and later Trowa and the grandchildren were killed in a boating accident.

Before WuFei and Duo had decided to reveal to the Alliance that they were Gundam Pilots, Quatre requested to see them; which is where Turning Point starts.

Gundam Force actually contains two major arcs; the first follows the ill-fated 2GP (2ndGeneration Gundam Pilots) team from its inception to it's demise (in Trial by Fire). The second follows WuFei, Duo, and the Gundam Force. As such, the chapters are preceded with 2GP or GF to show which one they belong to. I actually do _not_ advise that you read them in chronological or written order.

In order of writing I had done 2GP - Trial by Fire, and then GF - Turning Point; however, I suggest that you read Turning Point before Trial by Fire, because the story flows much better that way.

Other Notes:

This is a little hard to pick up, so I'll just explain it here:

The governing body of the Entente Amity is called the Triumvirate, it consists of three triads, one for Earth, one for Space, and one for Mars; Admiral Une and the Preventers are a separate group which supports, but does not always answer to, the Triumvirate. The nine people in the Triumvirate each have codenames, to which they are usually referred to rather than their own names (which I won't tell you right now).

The Space triad is made up of the Chairman (he's the official leader of the Triumvirate), Secret, and Silence.

The Mars triad is made up of Fury, Magi, and Valkyrie.

The Earth triad (which is the only triad where the codenames don't change if a member is replaced) consists of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva.

Also:

Towards the end of Trial by Fire, someone named Hope is mentioned; Hope is an AI computer.

The Entente uses improved versions of the suits used in GW; the Alliance uses suits named after the Greek gods (which, I suppose, I suppose could create a few problems when it comes to Aries/Ares…oh well).

If I get enough feedback, and hopefully some good suggestions, I may continue the story, but I make no guarantees. In any case, please _do_ review it for me, as reviews feed my creativity, and constructive criticism will help me to become a better writer. Flames will be held up as a mark of honor ("Look! I managed to really piss someone off!!!") and then publicly mocked ("Boy, this moron really can't spell!").

I'll be posting Trial by Fire a couple days after Turning Point. Please note that, if I continue, chapters will be posted in a recommended reading order, and may be moved around to fit that.