Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing: New Age ❯ Day 2 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gundam Wing: New Age

Chapter 4: Day 2

By: Angel BlueFlame & Starlight_Fairy

Disclaimer: Neither of us owns Gundam Wing.

Authors' note:

(Angel) Starlight_Fairy is my new partner in crime and one of my real life best friends. She's gonna help me out through the rest of the story. Okay? Thx to all who reviewed last chapter. (To Ludacris: I hadn't realized I had done the Nick/Aaron thing until I posted the first chapter. I kept hoping no one would notice... oh well!) I'm also REALLY SORRY for not updating sooner! I've been a little distracted lately… Well N E wayz, Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 12, AC 219

"Okay, Daddy. You promise you'll won't come along or anything," Angel asked in a pleading voice.

"Of course he won't, will you Heero?" Relena smiled.

He just shrugged, "I'm not making any promises."

"Daddy, please! I just want spend some time with my friends, ALONE!" she begged, "Just one day at the mall."

Relena glared at Heero, and he glared back.

Just then, the two older Maxwell kids walked in.

"Whoa," Duo said stopping in his tracks, "Looks like Heero's gonna be sleeping on the couch tonight." Diana elbowed him.

Relena looked back at Heero, "That's not a bad idea," she said, crossing her arms. Heero gave up.

"Fine," he sighed.

Then, the rest of the teenagers walked in.

"So, where are we going today?" Aaron said in a sarcastic tone.

Angel sent him a glare, "We're going to the mall." she replied.

"Oh god," Li said in a dreading manner.

"Oh, shut up, the two of you," Rachel mumbled, "If you don't want to go, you can stay here...with our parents."

There was a moment of silence before the two guys had a sudden change of mind.

In a matter of minutes the ten teenagers were on their way. Heero watched as the limo drove away. He waited about ten minutes before he went to the garage and got into his car. Relena stepped next to the driver side window.

"And just where do you think you're going?" she asked in a suspicious voice.

"Uh...to the grocery store," he replied as he drove off. Relena watched the car drive off.

"I went yesterday," she muttered walking back into the mansion.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When they got to the mall, they just wandered around. They looked around in a few stores. The guys stood outside when the girls went into the `girlie' stores to try on clothes. Li was the only guy in the store, holding Meilan while their sister changed.

"Can you hurry up in there?" Li yelled into the dressing rooms.

"I'm gonna take an extra five minutes, just because you asked," Min retorted.

Just then, Meilan grabbed a bit of her older brother's hair and pulled hard on it. Li cried out in pain, getting the attention of everyone inside and outside of the store. All the girls ran out of the dressing rooms (fully dressed, of course) and the other guys ran into the store to see what was the matter. They all were quite amused at the sight that met them. Li was on the ground with his younger sister still yanking on his hair. Everyone started cracking up.

"And your such a tough guy, Li," Diana snickered, "Screaming when a little baby pulls your hair."

"I wasn't screaming!" he shouted, "Min, get her off of me!"

Through this Meilan was giggling up a storm. Min couldn't help but giggle as well. She grabbed her little sister and tried to pull her off of her brother, but Meilan was still attached to his hair. People stopped and stared. Eventually, there was a group of people surrounding them.

"Hold on," Jordie said, "I have an idea." Jordie then walked up to the three and began tickling Meilan. She did so until Meilan finally let go of Li's hair. Everyone gave a fake applause.

Li rubbed the sore spot on his head.

"Damn," Duo muttered, "Girl's got grip."

Meilan, now in Min's arms, reached her arms out to Li, "Bubba!" she laughed.

"No way," he told her, "I'm not going through that again."

"Aww. Was that too traumatic for you, Tough guy? Afraid your gonna start losing your hair now?" Diana taunted.

"Just shut up," he growled.

"Hey, where'd Aaron go?" Connor inquired. The others looked around, also just noticing that he was missing. Then, he walked into the store with two bags in his hands from a different store.

"And just where have you been?" Angel asked with her hands on her hips.

"That is none of your business," he answered, "What his problem?" he motioned one of his hands toward Li.

"Oh, nothing. Mei* just entered her hair-pulling stage," Min responded. After that, the ten made their way to the food court.

Aaron put his bags on the ground beside his chair. Duo leaned over in his chair to peek inside on of the bags, but wound up falling over. Aaron then pushed his bags underneath the table.

"So, where to after we eat?" Rachel asked.

"I was thinking the video store," Angel replied.

"As long as it's not another God damned clothes store..." Duo sighed, "I was afraid we never see you girls again after the last one."

"Stop whining, Duo," Diana chided.

"Who are you? My mother or my sister?" Duo returned. Diana just rolled her eyes.

After they all finished eating, they wandered around some more. They stopped at a few tables that were set up for selling collectibles and jewelry. Angel then glanced over to the shadows and back to the tables.

"Oh my God," she whispered.

"What?" Duo asked curiously. He was right beside her at the time.

"My Dad. He's following us," Angel said shaking her head, "I can't believe him."

Just then an evil smile plastered itself on Duo's face.

"Hey Angel, wanna get back at your dad?" he asked. She looked at him curiously. He quickly whispered something in her ear. She gave a smile and nodded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Somewhere in the shadows, Heero Yuy was indeed watching his daughter's every move. He couldn't hear what Duo had said to her, but he didn't like the look on either of their faces. He had no idea that Angel was aware of his presence. (He should have known better. She is his daughter, after all...) He watched slowly as Duo took Angel by the hand and led her somewhere else. Heero carefully followed, trying not to be seen by any one, but just as he stepped out of the shadows, he heard someone call his name.

"Hey Heero," it was Diana, "Isn't Angel a little too old to have her daddy still spying on her?"

He froze where he stood and glared at her as she snickered.

Angel walked right next to her father, "Daddy, how could you? You said you wouldn't follow!"

"I don't have to explain myself to my own child," Heero glowered. But Angel was meeting him glare for glare.

"Then, maybe you'd like to explain yourself to Mom, because I'm telling her as soon as we get home," Angel returned fire.

"Oh, and what's your mother going to do to me?" he laughed.

"Uncle Heero, you two are making a scene," Aaron pointed out.

Heero and Angel continued to shoot daggers at each other until Devon made a statement.

"Man, she really is your daughter, huh Heero?"

Both ignored this.

"And what where you doing with Duo's son alone anyway?" Heero inquired.

"Trying to pull you out of hiding," Angel smirked, crossing her arms.

"Yep," Jordie whispered to her cousin, "She's his daughter, all right."

Both Heero and Angel's faces were red from anger. They sneered at each other until Heero just left. Not long after that, the teenagers left the mall as well.

"So," Rachel began, "How many more times do you think we'll draw that much attention to ourselves during the rest of the week?"

"At least, six," her brother replied. Devon looks a lot like Trowa did at his age, only Devon's hair is black and shorter.

"Lord, I hope not," Min said with a look of exasperation. Meilan happily bounced in her older sister's lap.

"Considering the group of people we have, I think we can only expect it," Devon explained his answer.

Angel still had a very aggravated look on her face, and her arms were still crossed.

"Don't let your dad get to you, Angel," Jordie tried to comfort her, "My dad's almost as bad about being overprotective as Heero, not quite, but almost."

Angel laughed, "Thanks Jordie."

"No problem!" the fourteen-year-old smiled.

"Ya know, Jordie, sometimes you're too cheerful for your own good," Devon teased.

"Is that so?" Jordie grinned, "Well, if I'm too cheerful, that makes you too easy to blackmail..."

Devon just smiled, knowing that she'd never tell any of his secrets. They're each other's best friend.

"So, Aaron, what did you buy?" Angel asked curiously.

Aaron glanced at his cousin but gave no reply.

They finally arrived back at the apartments. Angel decided to stay with her friends for a little while longer before going back home. They all gathered in the Maxwell's apartment. Haley and Trevor soon joined them.

Haley was chasing Trevor, who had her doll. She couldn't catch the seven-year-old though. Connor finally grabbed his little brother and returned Tammie-chan to Haley.

"Thank you," Haley mumbled shyly. She walked over to Diana, who was sitting on the couch and sat beside her. Diana pulled her little sister onto her lap and gave her a hug. Haley giggled.

"Oh, so you do have a soft side," Li mocked.

"Yeah, unlike you Li. You're a 24/7 heartless beast," Diana retorted.

Just then a small, little boy ran into the room.

"Hey big brother!" he laughed running up to Aaron. Aaron gave a little smile.

"Hey, Nick! Whatcha been up to?" Angel asked her little cousin.

"Nothing much. Mom brought me over here," the five-year-old boy replied.

"So, what are we doing tomorrow?" Diana asked.

"I don't know yet," Angel replied thoughtfully.

"Can I come too?" Haley asked in almost a pleading voice as she looked at Trevor and Nick, "Please?"

"Sure, why not?" Angel smiled.

"Hey, I wanna come too," Nick wailed.

"Yeah, me too," Trevor added.

"I didn't come on this trip to baby-sit," Duo acknowledged.

"So," Diana began, "Neither did I, but I still got stuck with you."

Everybody laughed at that. Duo turned a little red, but got over it. Diana had to go to sleep sometime, after all...

"Well, I'm gonna go home and figure out where to go tomorrow," Angel said standing up, "I'll see you all tomorrow."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Mei is Min's nickname for Meilan. Min is the only one that calls her this...

Angel's Note:

Everyone, I really am sorry I didn't get this up earlier. I've been distracted lately and haven't worked on it. Star and I are gonna buckle down and try to get this done (although it's gonna be a while before the story's over ^_^). We're really gonna try to get the next chapter up ASAP. Thanx again to lady eve for the picture of Aaron. Keep up the good work. And thanx to the ppl who review. L8r!

~*Angel*~