Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hero Potter

By Midori Bond & Devon Masterson-Bond

Chapter 5

"I can't believe you," Wushu hissed as he landed on the windowsill. "You keep me out all night with that girl, and now we have to sneak in like a couple of criminals."

Heero rolled his eyes as he pulled himself up the trellis. "Will you please shut up," he grunted as he carefully climbed into the window. He looked around the room and saw everyone asleep. "If you wake up anyone, we'll never hear the end of it."

It was Wushu's turn to roll his eyes. "You mean you'll never hear the end of it," he said going over to Hero's bed. "I can go to sleep." He easily wrapped himself around the doll on the bed and closed his eyes.

A soft sigh escaped Heero as he quietly made his way over to his bed. The only thing on his mind was the beautiful girl across the street. They played chess for hours, then talked, and ended up falling asleep on her back porch. Heero carefully reached for his covers, only to freeze completely as a single light shone on him.

"And just where have you been young man?" Duo asked in a motherly voice. He adjusted his grip on his flashlight and continued to watch Heero.

Heero straightened and turned to look at Duo. "Shouldn't you be sleeping?" he asked lowly.

"And you should've been back a long time ago," Duo countered waving his light.

A scowl crossed Heero's face as he pulled back his blankets. "Don't you have anything better to do with that light?" he asked harshly.

Duo giggled as he put the light under his chin. "Not really. I wonder what Gramps would give me for this." He quickly shook his head and turned the light back to Heero, who was slipping under his sheets. "But you're avoiding the question. Where were you?"

Heero turned his back to Duo and pulled his doll away from a comfortable Wushu. "Good night Duo," he said simply.

"Hey! Just cause you can't stay with your girl, don't take mine away!" Wushu shouted.

Heero groaned and nuzzled his doll, trying to ignore both Duo and Wushu. He closed his eyes, only to grow when another light shined brightly in his face.

"We were really worried about you Heero," Quatre said softly.

The young Japanese wizard covered his head with his pillow. "You all wanted me to go exploring and that's what I did, alright."

Wushu made himself comfortable on top of Heero's pillow. "You see, when we left you guys, we ended up going across the street and meeting this witch Victoria," he explained. He felt Heero shift under the pillow and hit it with his tail. "Keep it down you," he scolded. "Anyway," he continued turning back to Duo and Quatre. "Back to Victoria. We found out some weird things about her too."

Duo smirked as he looked at Wushu. "I say we teach Wushu English. Things would be a lot more interesting," he said softly. He then winced when a pillow struck the back of his head.

"Go back to sleep," Trowa whined. "We can talk about this in the morning."

Duo smiled at his sleeping cousin. For as cool as he could be when fully awake, Trowa could be such a baby in his sleep. "But Trowa, it is morning. 4:30 in fact." Duo barely dodged the pillow thrown in his direction. He looked at Trowa and saw him about to pick up a rather thick book. "Okay, okay. We'll go back to sleep," Duo conceded. He then looked at Heero. "This isn't over Potter," he mumbled before lying down comfortably.

Quatre winced as he pricked his finger. "This isn't as fun as we thought it would be," he thought as he pulled more weeds out from under the bushes.

"Man, who's bright idea was this anyway?" Duo asked from Quatre's side.

The blonde gave him a blank look. "Yours," he said sourly. When Duo lowered his head slightly, Quatre sighed. "You just had to see if there were any gnomes out here, and we get stuck doing yard work."

Duo looked over his shoulder and saw Trowa watering the flowers on the porch; Wufei was pushing around a muggle lawnmower, and Heero… Heero was leaning on his rake, staring at the house across the street. A frown crossed his features as he focused on his dark haired friend. "I still wanna know where Heero was last night," Duo said lowly.

Quatre looked at Heero as well. "He'll tell us when he's ready," he said before turning back to his weeding. "Unless you want to follow him," he mumbled. Teal eyes widened when he realized what he said, and to whom. "No, bad idea," Quatre said shaking his head.

"What's a bad idea?" Trowa asked.

"We're gonna follow Heero tonight," Duo said quickly.

Trowa's eyes narrowed slightly. He still hadn't forgiven Duo for waking him up this morning. "No, we're not," he said sternly. "We're staying in tonight."

Duo smiled in his cousin's face and stood. "Yeah, we are," he countered.

Trowa's gaze hardened as Duo's grin widened. "I refuse to do anything that will get us in trouble with Grandmother and Grandfather."

Violet eyes stared into green. After a moment, Duo turned away. "Okay," he said simply. He knelt next to Quatre and went back to weeding.

Emerald eyes blinked. When Duo would switch moods so quickly, it only meant trouble. "Okay?" he repeated.

"Yeah, it's cool." Duo glanced at Quatre and winked. "Besides, I'm sure Aunt Mione would love hearing about how her darling little boy broke her Head Girl badge."

Trowa hung his head. It was an accident that his father had taken the blame for. His mother had cried for hours over it too. If she found out now, not only would he be grounded for his entire first year, but Hermione would end up re-living the whole traumatic event over. That kind of stress wouldn't be good for her. "Alright, fine," he said softly. He turned and made his way back towards the porch as he saw his grandmother carrying a tray out to them.

Quatre smiled as he stood. "How many times are you going to blackmail him?" he asked Duo quietly.

"As often as it takes," Duo smiled. He ran up to the porch and kissed Mrs. Granger's cheek.

The blonde shook his head and looked at Heero. A slight frown crossed his features when he noticed Heero still staring at the house across the street. He walked over to where the other boy stood and touched his shoulder. "Hey Heero," he said simply. He lowered his hand when he saw the other boy jump slightly. "What's up?"

Heero frowned as he looked at the blonde. "Nothing," he said going back to raking up dead grass. "Why?"

Quatre could only fight a knowing smile. "Lunch is ready." He stepped to the side and allowed Heero to drop his rake and go up to the porch. He turned to look at the house Heero was staring at and raised an eyebrow. There was someone looking back. "I wonder," he thought as he went back to the Granger's house. "Could that be who he stayed out with last night?"

Heero carefully sat up and looked around the room. Everyone was asleep, thankfully, and now would be the perfect time to sneak away to see Victoria. He quietly climbed out of the bed and quickly changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top. His eyes quickly glanced towards Duo and Quatre. They were the lightest sleepers he knew. Trowa was one to cherish his sleep, so it took a little more to wake him, and nothing short of a war could wake up Wufei.

With a smile, Heero make his way to the window and started to climb out of it. His smile then fell when a familiar weight settled around his neck.

"Going to see your girlfriend Heero?" Wushu whispered into his owner's ear.

Heero growled in annoyance and pinched Wushu's mouth closed. He easily jumped off of the trelice down to the backyard. "Be quiet," he hissed at the toy dragon. "If Duo and Quatre hear you, they'll want to come with us." He pulled his fingers away as Wushu nipped at him.

"You make it sound like a bad thin," Wushu said taking his normal spot on the top of Heero's head. "I'm kinda starting to warm up to Duo. He's fun."

Prussian eyes rolled. "You would. He's a human you," he mumbled as he quietly made his way to Victoria's backyard.

Duo sat up as soon as he heard Heero land on the ground. He smirked as he turned to Quatre. "Let Mission: Find Out What Heero's Doing begin," he smiled.

Quatre sat up and turned to Wufei. "Don't tell me he went to sleep," Quatre whined.

Onyx eyes opened and glared at the blonde. "I was simply meditating," Wufei said lowly. He sat up and stretched while Duo pulled a whining Trowa up into a sitting position.

"Let Heero go see who he wants," Trowa protested. Blurry emerald eyes glared at his cousin. "Go if you want, I'm staying here," he mumbled before falling face first back into his pillow.

Duo folded his arms over his chest and smirked. "I guess Aunt Mione's gonna be heart broken again," he said before going over to the window.

Trowa sat up and glared at the other Weasel. "I hate you," he said before going over to the window himself. "I really, really hate you," he said.

"It's cool," Duo said as Trowa climbed out of the window. "I know you're just lying to yourself."

***

"Hi," Heero greeted as he walked up. A flutter crossed his chest as she smiled in surprise.

"I thought you would have been tired after doing yard work all day," she commented as she held a large sketchbook to her. She had been working on something that she just couldn't get out of her head.

"I wonder what she's hiding over there?" Wushu asked as he floated over Victoria and rested across her shoulders. "Oh, I see," he replied looking at the picture she drew of him and Heero. "It looks just like me."

Heero raised an eyebrow in curiosity, but said nothing. There would be too much explanation if he started snooping on the basis of something that Wushu 'hissed' to him. He did not want to reveal to her that he was a parcel mouth, not when things were going so well and she thought he was normal.

Victoria blushed and held the sketchbook tighter to her chest. "What would you like to do tonight? A game of wizard chest or..."

"How about twenty questions? I wanna go first!" Duo suggested as he and the others came out of the bushes.

"What are you doing here?" Heero asked annoyed. He couldn't believe they actually followed him. Correction he could believe it, but he refused to do so.

"We were worried," Quatre answered.

"I was blackmailed," replied Trowa yawning.

"You had no right..." Heero began.

"It's okay, Heero. I don't mind. They are your friends. You should be glad that they even care enough to follow you," she interrupted. "My name is Victoria Une and I'm a second year at Hogwarts Academy."

"Hi, Vicky, I'm Duo, this Quatre, Wufei, and Judas," Duo introduced as he offered his hand.

"My name is Trowa," he corrected shooting a look at Duo.

"My name is Victoria not Vicky," she said sternly shaking Duo's hand.

"Yeah whatever," Duo replied.

"It's not whatever," she commented raising an eyebrow.

"You know if you're going to be Heero's girlfriend and you're going to have to get used to us, Vic," he said patting her shoulder. "But I have a feeling that you'll fit in."

Victoria and Heero both blushed. "You have the wrong idea," she said trying to explain.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Duo replied looking around then changed the subject. "This is a nice house. Are your parents muggles?"

Victoria looked downward for a moment causing Heero to frown. She never really mentioned her parents to him, but he could tell from her behavior that they did not get along. "Yes, they are and I live alone before you ask any more questions."

"Don't have to be so touchy," Duo remarked before looking around.

Victoria raised an eyebrow. "Uh so, what's Hogwarts like?" Quatre asked as he sat down on the ground. "I've only visited once for a House Quidditch Championship."

"Yeah, what house are you in?" Duo asked.

"My house," she answered reluctantly. She sighed. She knew what would happened once she told them, they would behave just like everyone else and treat her like some germ. The Slytherin house didn't exactly have a good reputation. Dark wizards were known to come out of there and most of those that did not become dark wizards were unsavory characters. She would lose them if they knew, but it was also wrong to deceive them. She would tell them before they all left for school. "I'm..."

"What's this?" Duo asked picking up a large book.

"Homework for potions class. Professor Malfoy gives out a lot of homework," she replied taking the book and putting it in her bag. "Enough about school, we'll all be there soon enough."

"Good point," Duo remarked. "So what do you guys want to do? I've been doing all the talking."

"That's because they went to sleep," Heero commented pointing to their friends each curled up in their own spot sound asleep.

"Quatre!" Duo whined as he ran over to wake the sleeping blond.

"I'm awake," he said quickly sitting up then yawned. "It was worth a shot."

Victoria cleared her throat to keep from laughing. It seemed that she was enjoying herself a lot more since she came into their acquaintance, especially, Heero. He was fun to talk to as she stared into his large Prussian eyes and then there was Wushu. He cracked her up the way he teased Heero. It was quite endearing. It was going to be hard to give them up when school started. Once they got around the other students, they would never talk to her again.

"Hey, Vic, do you have anything to eat?"

"Victoria," she corrected narrowing her eyes. "My name is Victoria and yes, I do. What would you like?"

"Whatever you have," he replied.

"Would anyone else like something?" she asked just before leaving.

"We're fine," Heero answered for both he and Quatre. Once she was gone, he glared at the two of his friends who weren't sleeping.

"Before you say anything," Quatre began, "we were worried about you. You don't talk to us anymore and we know your dad dragged you here."

"Yeah and we have to blackmail you into hanging out with us," Duo pouted. "We just wanted to see what you were up to. I do have to admit your girlfriend seems okay. She's not ugly or anything. I guess she's worth risking cooties for."

"We're just friends," Heero replied.

"We saw you staring at her house all day, Heero," Quatre coughed.

Heero blushed then sighed in relief when Victoria returned with a tray of drinks. She saved him from being embarrassed further. "I brought lemonade and cookies for everyone. I figured you just wanted to get rid of me, but could still use refreshments." She set the tray on the patio table.

Wushu slithered down from her shoulders and on to the table. "I hope that piece of candy right there is for me," he commented.

"I thought Wushu might like a little something, so I brought him a piece of chocolate. He does like chocolate doesn't he?"

"He's always eating mine," Heero answered. He was miffed that the ruby dragon ate half of his stash of chocolate frogs, claiming that he had to eat something while riding along in his suitcase.

"Then I made the appropriate choice," she mused. She winked at Wushu just before feeding a bit to him.

The boys looked at each other curiously. "Oh you'll fit in just fine," Duo smiled taking a glass. "Welcome to the family."