Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter

By Midori Bond & Devon Masterson-Bond

Chapter 10

Duo grumbled as he started down the stairs of the dormitory. He had planned for him and Trowa to do some exploring when his cousin threatened to turn into a water goblet. At first he took the threat as an empty promise, but when sleepy brunette transfigured a sock into a rock and threw it at him, he decided not to take any chances.

It wasn't fair that Trowa knew all the cool spells. He wanted to know some too, but his dad would never teach him any of the good stuff. Whether it was because of his mother's threats of bodily harm against her father or because he just was not ready, he would never know. But ideas were forming in his head, he'd just have to learn the old fashion way…sneak out and read books in the restricted section.

"Man, he didn't have to be so mean," he sighed as he reached the bottom of the stairs. The common room looked completely empty. He flopped down in an oversized chair with the manga; Heero got him for his last birthday, and began to settle into the story.

"Watcha' doin'?" Sunny asked suddenly as she popped her head from behind another chair.

"Don't do that," Duo cried out grabbing his chest. "You scared the life out of me."

"That's impossible," Sunny smiled. "Or is it?" She climbed out of her chair moved over to him curiously. She was still grasping the box that held her fascination before the braided boy came into the room. "I really want to know about the wizarding world. It's so different from where I come from and LuLu hasn't told me much."

"Who's Lulu?"

"My invisible friend," she answered matter factly. "She's my best friend…my only friend, but she's been explaining to me what been happening."

"There's no such thing," Duo said shaking his head.

Amber eyes narrowed. "Yes it is. Lulu is real; she's been with me since I was small. Things would always happen and I..."

"Well is she here now?" Duo asked looking around.

"You can't see her, she's invisible," Sunny replied, "and no she isn't, once I got my Hogwarts Letter she said I didn't need her anymore and I would meet others like me."

"So you are the first witch in your family?"

Sunny shook her head. "I think my mother was a witch, but she died just after I was born. Daddy says that everything can be explained by science, but he couldn't explain me. So I came out here to find out for myself."

"Sorry," Duo said. "Hey, who was your mother?"

Sunny smiled and got a distant look in her eyes, causing Duo to lean into her. He loved a good secret. "The moon is Sunshine's mother."

Duo fell over. "What?" he asked incredulously as the girl started to laugh at her own weird joke. "Fine, but you can't make any friends making fun of people. I'm going to bed."

"No, wait," she called out as she rushed over to him. "I...don't know anything about my mother. Daddy doesn't like to talk about the past and he doesn't like magic. I am studying behind his back. He thinks I'm at a boarding school in France. Don't tell anyone."

"Why are you tell me this?" Duo asked in shock.

"Now you're my only friend and you stuck by me when Trowa was mean to me," she answered. "No one has ever done that for me. I know everyone thinks I am weird and I don't care, but I don't want to…" Her eyes started to mist.

Amethyst eyes widened and he pulled her into a hug. They always made him feel better when his mother gave him one now it was time to return the favor. "Don't turn on the water works. We're friends. I was just given ya' a hard time."

He pulled away. Sunny's cheeks flushed slightly. "Want to see something neat?"

Duo coughed. The seriousness was getting to him and there was nothing like a little fun to lighten it up. "Sure."
"Watch this," she said. She closed her eyes tightly in concentration. Duo's eyes widened as he watched her hair go from a flaming red to dark brown and her bronze skin lighten to a peachy color. A few minutes later he was staring into Violet eyes, matching violet eyes. "What do you think?"

"That is so cool," he nearly squealed.

Sunny smiled and squinted her eyes so that she could change back. "Thanks."
"Can you turn into any body else? Ooh, turn into Heero or better yet Trowa that'll scare him first thing in the morning."

"No!" she said quickly. "This is our secret. It takes a lot of work and I don't want…"

"No problem your secret's face with me," he said, "but you gotta' show me how to do that."

Sunny smiled and nodded. "Thank you," she said wrapping her arms around his neck. She kissed him on the cheek then pulled away suddenly. Both of their cheeks were burning. "Sorry, I'm just so happy."

"So what's that in your hand?" Duo coughed.

"Oh this?" She opened the box and pulled out a wand. She was grateful for the change in subject. "Teak, 12 inches, unicorn mane core. It came by owl today."

"Came by owl?"

"Yes, all my things were here when I got here and I was so excited."

"Whoa. Whoa, back up," Duo said shaking his head. "You didn't go and pick everything up yourself."

Sunny shook her head. "I did owl order."

"You can do that?" he asked.

"Isn't it kind of like the Internet?"

"What's the Internet?" Duo asked. His curiosity piqued now.

Two low chimes sounded in the common room. "It's bed time. We'll talk later. Night. Night." She ran off.

Duo raised an eyebrow. "Strange girl, I like that," he thought as he grabbed his book and started up the stairs to the boy's side.

***

"Victoria," Wushu whispered. He flicked his tongue in Victoria's ear. She swatted him away and he did it again.

"What?" she asked sleepily. She rubbed her eyes then blinked as she looked around the room. Her roommates were sleeping soundly in their beds. "What are you doing here?"
"Heero's having a nightmare and I can't wake him," Wushu answered.

"It's his first year at the Academy and he's nervous," she replied. She laid back down only to have Wushu wrap his tail around her wrist and pull on her. "There better be a good reason for you still being here."

"It's a nightmare about his mother and the other first year's have been giving his a hard time. This will only make it worse." At this a brown eyebrow raised. She was not aware that Heero was already having problems. Naturally it made sense considering whose child he was.

"He's perfectly capable of fighting his own battles," Victoria replied. "Being in league with me will only add to them."

Wushu stuck his tongue out. "I thought you cared about him."

"Hmm," She said simply as she pulled out her wand. "Veriverto."

"Hey!" Wushu cried out as his body went rigid and took on the form of an elaborate stirring rod. "Now that's just wrong," he said into her mind.

"Do not question my loyalty again," she replied swishing her wand over the stirring rod formally known as Wushu.

"Sorry," Wushu said sarcastically. He climbed on her shoulders. "I'll pretend that didn't happen."

"You are a smart alec," Victoria replied.

"And you are scary," Wushu commented, "but that's why Heero's loves us."

Victoria flushed. "Don't be absurd." She drew a circle with her wand. "Portus locus." A small hole opened up in mid air and the two crawled into it.

"Nice work," Wushu said impressed as they appeared at the foot of Heero's bed. "I can't want until Heero learns that one."

A breath caught Victoria's throat for a second as she watched Heero toss and turn his sleep. With each toss he wrapped himself up more in the bedding and his distraught moans were getting louder and louder. His roommates would wake up soon and then there would be hell to pay in the morning. "Dormitis," she said lowly waving her wand. Once the snoring surrounding them became deeper, she crawled out of the portal.

"You know all the coolest spells," Wushu sighed. He flicked his tongue in her ear affectionately then floated over to Heero.

"I have a lot of time on my hands," she said sadly. She moved towards Heero and shook him. "Heero."
"No," he cried out pushing away from her.

"Heero," Victoria said slapping his face gently. Her heart out went to him as he fought his inner demons. Sweat covered his brow and his face was tear stained. She had no idea that he was keeping so much to himself. "Heero."
Prussian eyes fluttered opened and stared into brown ones in confusion. "Victoria," he said lowly then pulled her to him in a deep embrace as he started to cry. "I couldn't stop him. I couldn't stop him." He cried into her nightdress. "I was too weak."

The twelve-year-old was at a loss for word as her best friend sobbed into her arms. She was unaccustomed to such emotional abandonment. It had always been engrained in her that emotions such as fear and sorrow made one weak. Emotions caused reckless behavior and took away from focus and to openly show them was an even greater taboo. Heero was openly sharing his sorrow with her, proving that he trusted her. "It was just a dream," she said awkwardly as she tousled his hair gently. It seemed to be the appropriate thing to do. "I am right here."

Heero's sobs subsided sometime later and he drifted off to sleep. Once she was sure that he was resting comfortably. She laid him back in the bed and climbed into the portal. Mutual eye contact with Wushu, let her know that he would contact her if anything else happened. It was when he was laying in her own bed that she began to think back to what passed. There had been plenty of painful experiences in her life. She could hardly imagine what could have broken someone like Heero. She would just have to find out….when he was ready.

 

© 2004 Devon Masterson-Bond

Another Bond Girl Production

I think we all know who belongs to who. I am clearly not the creator just the manipulator. Don't sue me, hire me instead.