Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter
By Midori Bond & Devon Masterson-Bond
Chapter 11
Victoria turned the page of her Magical History text and sighed. The murmurs from two tables down were making it difficult to concentrate. She always hated gossips. It was one thing to talking about the truth another to create and obscure facts.
"Be careful, Rose, if she's sees you looking at her, she'll curse you for sure," a brown haired girl whispered to her friend who had been peaking at Victoria.
The red-haired girl nodded her head and buried her face into the book, she should have been reading. "I heard last year that cursed a sixth year and she left school. It's all hush hush, though."
Dark eyes widened. "Where did you hear that?"
"I thought everybody knew about that, Hazel, but supposedly..."
Sunny rolled her eyes from across the table of the gossiping second years. She had seen plenty of girls in her old school tear apart nice people just because they did not like them. Duo and his friends liked Victoria, so she had to be alright. "It's too noisy here; I am going to move to another table."
Hazel and Rose's eyes widened in fright and pity, "She'll curse you for sure!" Hazel whispered.
"I'll take my chances," Sunny smiled walking away.
"First years are so dumb," Rose commented. “Especially that one, did you hear about…” Hazel nodded then shushed her friend so they both could watch the massacre.
Victoria snapped her book shut. She would study some place quiet and pity free. "The table is free," she replied getting up and walking past Sunny. She glared at the Hazel and Rose as she walked past them. Their eeps of fear built her confidence just as much as it crushed her feelings. Their behavior only reminded her of the type of life she would lead and that it was only a matter of time before Heero and the others took up with the rest of the school. She would be fine. She had been on her own for a long time, it was her destiny.
A cool breeze blew through her as she entered the school commons. Several students formed study groups in various spots oblivious to their surroundings. They all looked happy sharing in their camaraderie. It was amazing how things could be taken for granted. At least she had two glorious weeks in her memory. "Peace and quiet," she sighed sitting under a large oak. It was towards the back of the commons near the wall and it had its own ambiance. Plus everyone was far enough away that she did not have to endure their comments as well as their stares. She opened her book and began digesting the text for tomorrow's lecture.
"May I join you?" a male voice asked.
Victoria's brown eyes rose in excitement just before reverting back to her usual stoic expression. She had been worried about him every since his nightmare two weeks ago, but he had been avoiding her. "That's fine."
Heero sat down beside her and opened his school case. He paused when he saw Wushu looking at him meaningfully wrapped around one of his quills. "Victoria..." his sentence trailed as his face flushed. Now she knew the truth. He was weak. She who had been through so much and was practically alone in the world fielded crisis better than he did. He had all the love in the world and could not protect the one who needed him the most. "Thank... you."
They were still friends. "You're welcome," she replied softly then changed the subject. "How were your classes today?"
Prussian eyes shifted towards the left for a moment as he relived some more unsavory moments of his day. "Fine, I think I have the levitation charm down," he answered some what proud.
 
“Congratulations,” Victoria complimented.
 
Heero fell silent. There were a few more things weighing on his mind, he had to get stronger. "I am not as good as you."

"I'm a year ahead of you, but it's only a matter of time before you catch up," Victoria replied graciously. She lifted her eyes from her book and his intentions became apparent. She knew his secret and she knew more about magic then some fourth years. It was all she had since she made the choice to learn her heritage and not pretend that she was a
Muggle. The day she made her decision she lost everything. Heero made her a part of his life and treated her normally. He was the only family she had. "I'll help you," she replied.

Prussian eyes widened thankfully. He did not know how to bring the subject up. "Thank you," he sighed. His cheeks flushed slightly. It was nice to be read by someone other than Quatre and Trowa, a bit unnerving, but nice nonetheless.

"Are you getting too hot?" Victoria asked innocently.

Heero flushed even harder and shook his head.  "I'm fine." He coughed slightly. He had to get his emotions in check. It was embarrassing! "So..."

"You can't get away this time," Duo replied as he tackled Heero.

"That wasn't necessary," Trowa commented as he and the other walked up.

"He's been ducking us for almost two weeks," Duo argued. "He's going to talk to us."

"Get off me," Heero yelled, "I am not going anywhere." The long haired boy obliged but stayed close just in a case his quarry ran away.

"So what's the deal?" Duo asked.

"I'll see you later, Heero," Victoria said bowing out. This was between the five of them.

"You're his friend too, Victoria," Quatre sighed, "We've noticed that he's been avoiding you too." He put his hand on her shoulder and she smiled almost shyly. She was still included in their group.

"That reminds me," Duo interjected looking towards the upper classmen, "you've been hiding too."

"I have had homework," she answered.

Trowa snickered and leaned against the tree. "We can understand that," he commented. "Though we would have sworn it was because you had been hiding the fact that you were in Slytherin and we found out."

Victoria's eyes frosted slightly. It was rather annoying to be on the receiving in observation and frankness. "You are very astute Trowa."

"You're stuck with us now," Duo smiled. The others nodded in agreement.

"Thanks," she replied slowly trying to contain the smile nearly escaping her.

"Now back to you," Duo said as everyone's eyes turned back to Heero. "Talk to us. We're tired of waiting around it's been over a year now."

Quatre pushed Duo to the side. "Don't mind him. Heero, we're here when you need us. Just don't go off alone..."

"Hi, everybody!" Sunny greeted as she ran up to the group of friends.

"It's that girl again," Trowa sighed. Sunshine seemed to be attached to Duo like an extra body part. She was always tagging along everywhere. He had just started to enjoy quiet again...close enough...when she showed up again. When would it end!?

Duo shot Trowa a look. "Hey, Sunny," he greeted. The others waved or nodded.

Sunny waved and looked towards Victoria. "I was looking for you," she said out of breath. "You left this." She handed the surprised girl a quill then smiled. "Don't listen to those girls, they're stupid."
 
Heero's eyebrow raised in annoyance. It was one thing for him to have to endure whatever sophomoric hazing upperclassmen, it was another for her. She was his friend, had had to look out for her right? “What girls?”
 
Victoria shook her head. It was nothing more than meaningless gossip. Words don't hurt…much. She looked each of the young men she befriended over a month ago. “It's nothing.” She then turned to Sunny. “Thank you.”
 
Sunny beamed. “You're welcome. I've been thinking of away to talk to you,” she smiled. “I am kind of shy.” Duo smirked and Trowa nearly choked at the comment. Sunshine was many things but shy never really came to mind. “Hey, I have an idea.” She grabbed Victoria by the arm. “I head there's a ghost that lives in the toilet in the second floor girls' bathroom. Let's check it out.”
 
“I…”
 
“Neither Victoria nor the rest of us has the time to go running off looking in toilets,” Trowa snapped. It was time to fill this girl in; they did not need her in their little group. “Especially you, you nearly blew us up in potions.”
 
Sunny's eyes widened. He would have to bring that up again. Potions had been a disaster today. She accidentally added exploding fluid from an erumpent instead of leach juice for her potion. If Professor Malfoy hadn't levitated the steaming cauldron out of the potions lab in time, the school nurse would be scooping them all up in little baggies. She was sure the whole school new about. For her incompetence, as Professor Malfoy put it, she lost 50 points for Gryffindor and she had to write a five foot parchment on the difference and properties of leech juice and exploding fluid. Naturally, the person she wanted to impress witnessed the whole thing and now hated her more than ever. She could never do anything right.
 
Duo looked at Trowa and frowned. “It was a mistake, Trowa.” He hated it when his cousin got that superior attitude of his. Duo did just did not understand why Sunny got on Trowa's nerves so much everybody else liked her enough. He admitted she was a bit weird, but she was cool and did not deserve the treatment she was getting from Trowa.
 
“Some other time then,” Sunny replied jumping to her feet. She smiled and waved just before running off. The rest of the group glared their disapproval.
 
Victoria stood to her feet and walked away. “I will be around.” Heero nodded then turned back to the gang.
 
“What do you have against, Sunny?” Duo asked.
 
“She annoys me,” Trowa answered simply. “She's always prattering on like an idiot.”
 
“You can least be civil,” Quatre added. “I know Sunny's odd, but she has a good heart and I can tell she's a talented witch.”
 
“You bet she is,” Duo agreed. “She can…” he sentence trailed as he remembered his promise. “She's my friend too and I don't want to hear you be mean to her.”
 
“Fine, I will be civil.” Trowa sat down on the ground and opened his book. “Are we going to study together or not?”
 
***
Sunny ran down the hall and did not stop until she came to the second floor bathroom. She knew no one would come in there because it was haunted so it was the perfect place to feel sorry for herself. Once she was safely behind the door, she covered her face and let the tears flow along with every word that Trowa said came back to her. It hurt more coming from him. She had the biggest crush a girl could have on the emerald eyed boy. Everything about him was perfect, the way he stood, talked, read, and even breathed. She first noticed him on the Hogwarts Express, but of course he did not notice her and at the time she wanted to remain low key. She thought trying to talk to him before the banquet would get things rolling, but all she did was manage to annoy him. At least she met Duo, he was fun and he could tell so much about the wizarding world but he was just a friend.
 
Allowing herself to get caught up in her emotions, Sunny did not realize that she was being observed and closely too. Myrtle was drawn out by the sobs of someone else besides herself and was quite curious. It had been quite some time since she had a visitor much less one that obviously felt the pain of scorn and sought retribution like she often did. “Why are you crying?” she asked.
 
Sunny uncovered her face and jumped in shock at someone speaking. She was vigorously wiping her eyes when she got knocked forward and through Myrtle by the opening of the door. “Excuse me.” Victoria offered Sunny a hand and helped her up.
 
“Well isn't this a surprise,” Myrtle sighed. “Crying girl and Scary girl are in my bathroom together.” Both girls flinched at their titles. “It's getting crowded, what do you want? Did you come to look at Myrtle and throw things at her or to point and laugh?”
 
“My name's Sunny and this is Victoria…”
 
Myrtle smiled. “I know about you. I was floating in the moat when the cauldron went flying outside. Everyone knows what you did, you should be more careful or you'll end up like me.” She floated around the bathroom then stopped in front of Victoria. “I have heard the girls gossiping about you, but I don't like gossips so I don't believe them.”
 
“I appreciate that.”
 
Sunny opened her mouth to ask a question when six chimes were heard through out, it was time for dinner. “It's time to eat; I'll come back later and visit you.”
 
Myrtle's lower lip trembled. “Eat…I used to eat all the time. How could you throw something like that in my face,” she cried before floating away and diving into the toilet.
 
“I'm sorry,” Sunny sighed.
 
Victoria shook her head. She had a feeling that Myrtle was always like this. “Let's go Sunshine.” She pulled Sunny's hand and let her out of the bathroom. The got partly down the hall when Sunny wriggled from her grasp.
 
“I'm not hungry,” she replied just before running off, “and I have a report to finish. I'll see you later.”
 
Victoria shook her head. There was no point chasing her gain. It was not dignified. She knew the girl was hurting, but what could she do?
 
 
To be continued….
© 2004 Devon Masterson-Bond
Another Bond Girl Production
I think we all know who belongs to who. I am clearly not the creator just the manipulator. Don't sue me, hire me instead.