Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter
By Midori Bond & Devon Masterson-Bond
Chapter 13
Aoi37@hotmail
 
Heero yawned as he turned the page of his text book. After his incident in the hall with his now missing roommates, his dorm life had changed. One, everyone was afraid of him since they all knew that he was being tortured by his roommates, they all figured that he carried out his own revenge so as not to involve his father. Two, they were all impressed and proud with his evil villain potential, now they were sure that Heero belonged in Slytherin. There would be no more doubt. The last effect on his life from that night was he ever more diligent in his studies, he was up all hours of the night practicing and reading. Duo had to save for Heaven's sake! Duo! His marks in school were always good so there no reason he should ever be caught off guard again.

"Whatcha readin'?" Wushu asked. He floated over to Heero's shoulder and draped across it. "Ah, more spells. What no comics tonight?"

"I don't have time for that anymore," Heero snapped. It had been a stupid hobby that Duo had gotten him into.

"You're no fun," Wushu snickered. "You know ever since your roommates disappeared you've been crabby. You're going to have room all to yourself."

Heero turned the page. "They'll be back in a week or so."

"Wiser no doubt." Wushu chuckled. He had gotten the story from a couple of the paintings in the hall. They were talking about the scuffle, but none were telling the boy's whereabouts. All were in agreement that the boys needed to be taught a lesson. "Until then we should live it up and jump on their bed. We're still young, you know?"

"I don't have..."

"...time for it, I know," Wushu replied. "I am losing you. Next thing I know you'll be a crotchety old man alone in the dark and you'll cast me off to the side. I guess I could live in Victoria's room as a stirring rod..." Heero snickered. "Oh, so you are still alive in there?"

The look of mirth disappeared. "Stop being ridiculous."

"You stop being ridiculous," Wushu replied slithering up his head and then leaning down so that he could peer at Heero upside down. "Today is your birthday and you have been held up in the room all morning. You know it's a matter of time before..."

"Heero, are you appropriate?" Victoria asked through the door suddenly.

Wushu's amber eyes grew dramatically.  "OOOh, you've been found." Heero glared at the ruby dragon and put his fingers to his lips. "She'll come in without asking if you don't."

"I'm coming in," Victoria announced. "Locus portus."

Heero's eyes widened as small hole formed in mid-air and Victoria jumped out of it. "Hmm."

An eyebrow rose in disappointment. "You were hiding... from me?" Completely at a loss for words, Heero looked away. She marched over to the bed. "I see...well I do not wish to bother you. I just wanted to deliver these packages given to me by the head master and by Duo. I will drop it off and not bother you again."

Heero's eyes widened for a moment. Why did that sound some what final? "Wait!" he leapt off the bed and grabbed her arm as she turned to leave. "Thanks."

A slight smile graced Victoria's features followed by a slight flush, her manipulation had worked accurately. It had been made plain to her the others, though she had been denial, that Heero enjoyed her company more than he enjoyed theirs and that she might have to use that fact. "You're welcome." She turned to leave.

"You don't have to leave." A bright crimson flush brushed his cheeks. "I mean..."

Victoria flushed as well and leaned over. She kissed Heero's cheek causing her blush to deepen. "We must always be of grace, however today is an exception. Congratulations on your eleventh year." Heero nodded slightly not trusting his mouth and walked over to his trunk to sit. "So what did you receive?"

Heero turned towards his gifts, using her question as an opportunity to get himself together. He picked up a small package that looked to be from his father and opened it. Inside the package was a book on Quidditch and he latest issue of the comic he had been collecting. A slight smile formed on his lips as he made a mental note to thank his father later.
 
“I thought you didn't time for those,” Wushu teased. Heero rolled his eyes and put it away. “No, don't! I need to find out what happens…”
 
Heero pressed Wushu's mouth shut to quiet him only to have Wushu flick his tongue out in between lips and tickle Heero's fingers. “You're hopeless,” he whispered lowly.
 
Victoria stifled a chuckle. “Is that one from Professor Granger-Weaseley?”
 
The next package that had Aunt Hermione's writing on it looked suspiciously like text books, he would save that later. He picked up a small round package that said "from Duo" and opened. "A rememberall?"

"Griftor's Globe," Victoria corrected. "May I?" Heero handed the globe to her. Victoria held the small sphere in her hand. "Show me, Hogwarts." The sphere glowed and a miniature castle appeared inside. She handed the sphere to Heero. Prussian eyes widened as he watched miniature figures run around the outside the castle.

"Show me inside, my dormitory," He replied. The scene changed and he saw a miniature Victoria and Heero inside of the room."

"I gave Duo the specs on the Slytherin house," Wushu smiled proudly, "which was hard since he didn't understand me."

"Also I have been assured that the globe does not show when we are in the bathroom or in the shower," Victoria added. "It will only show our name if we are indecent."

"This is better than the marauders map," Heero sighed. He was quite impressed; obviously he had underestimated the long-haired boy. "Duo did all of this?"

"We all worked on it, but Duo had the idea. He's waiting to tell you about it." Victoria looked at her watch. "We will be late." Heero shook his head. Victoria put her finger up and stared at him dangerously. "I promised to bring you there and you will not make a liar out of me, Heero Potter."

The look in her eyes meant business. He would go, besides he was itching to try the globe out and find out what else it could do. Heero looked at his watch, it was 9 pm. It was too late for them to be running about the school, perfect for this experiment. “Show me 02, 03, 04, and 05?” The globe misted and showed a room with decorations and snacks displayed on a table. Little figures ran around the room putting up finishing touches always taking peeks to the right where he presumed the door to be. “Show me how to get to them.” He wiggled into his sneakers then grabbed Victoria's hand instinctively. “Let's go.”
 
13-13-13
 
“They're on their way,” Duo cheered looking into his globe. The others ran over to him curious to see for themselves.
 
“I have to admit, Duo, you out did yourself with this one.” Quatre smiled as he pulled out his globe as well. “Trowa have you looked at it yet, you helped too.”
 
“We all did,” Wufei commented. “I was walking around during lunch for a week mapping for the schematics, but even I was impressed with your security system.”
 
Trowa smirked. “Thanks.”
 
“Yeah, I had Sunny and Trowa work it.” Duo smiled when he saw a curious expression on Trowa's face as though he was telling him something new. “She made it so that Griftor's Globe can only be used by us and if it's taken away by Septum or something, it will return to the owner.”
 
“I wasn't aware that Sunshine was that talented,” Trowa said dryly. Now he was annoyed, he had underestimated her and dismissed her to be an idiot, but clearly she was talented. She actually piqued his interest with her spell. This mischievous side of him was curious about what else she could do.
 
“I knew it had it been a little too quiet, where is Sunshine?” Wufei asked looking around. He would have figured that she was would have been there by now.
 
A hint of sadness passed over amethyst eyes. Sunny had opted to stay in the dormitory as a look out for them. They really didn't need one, but it was the only excuse she knew he would accept. Duo knew she was keeping her distance because of Trowa's dislike for her. “She's in the dormitory.”
 
Wufei caught Duo's drifts along with Quatre's aversion of eyes towards Trowa. The green eyed boy simply stared at the three of them. “Would you have preferred if I left?”
 
“If I have to be here, you have to be here,” Heero said as he and Victoria entered the room.
 
“Happy Birthday, Heero,” they greeted as they threw confetti.
 
13-13-13
 
“All right first years,” Professor Wood shouted to the group of first years walking towards him, “today will be your flying lesson. For some of you this will be the first time you have ever been on the broom for others it was probably as though you were born on one.” At that last comment, his eyes met Prussian ones. Heero could sense the excitement in the ex- Gryffindor captain. He knew that the older man wanted to see if he took after his father, the problem was he did. He was excellent flyer, but he only had a passing interest in Quidditch. The only ones in their group that actually followed it without the guidance of their fathers or mothers, in the case of Duo, were Quatre and Trowa, both of which kept that fact from their fathers.
 
“Each of you, stand to the left of the broom and say `up.'”
 
“Up” they all murmured some of them more nervous than others. The brooms shot up to their hands.
 
“Good, now mount your brooms,” Wood commanded, “and kick off lightly you are only first years.” Quite a few of the students had trouble, but five brooms definitely went to air with no problem. “Good.” Wood getting quite excited now, he got the other students having problems into the air then produced a large balloon like ball. “The only way to be comfortable and learn coordination is to play a game. I will throw this ball into the air and I want you to catch it and throw it to the next person. Once you get the hang of it, we'll break up into groups.”
 
“This boring,” Duo yawned as he caught the ball. He threw the ball and used the brushes to knock it over to Quatre.
 
“Duo,” he hissed noting the pleased look on Wood's face.
 
“You hiss too much to be in Ravenclaw, you know that,” he smirked, “besides we both know this is a waste of time.”
 
“Some of us are better at this than others,” Sunny commented as she tried to maintain a hovering position. She was finally getting the hang of it, but was not willing to catch the ball yet.
 
“Just relax, Sunny.” Quatre flew next to her. “Think of the bicycle you told me about.”
 
Sunny took a breath then nodded her head and Heero threw the ball to her. A bright smile crossed her face as she caught the ball and did not fall of the broom. “Thank you, Tre,” she said excitedly.
 
Quatre smiled and flew back to his space. “Any time.”
 
“Were going to divide into groups of two,” Wood called out as he rode up on his broom. “Chang and Malfoy, Duo and Potter, Trowa and Valentine.” He threw each group a ball and then set off to tell another group of students their instructions.
 
Sunny winced inwardly as she and the silent boy flew away from the group. She was still uneasy about flying on a floating stick with straw coming from it, but she was holding her own. She just had to stay focused and get through this. Trowa observed the red haired girl carefully. She looked ready to vomit from nervousness and he suspected that it had very little to do with flying. This was the first time he had ever been paired up with her in class, usually Duo and Quatre had the pleasure. Perhaps if they partnered up earlier he would have known that she was not a total ditz and would have taken her more seriously. She was behaving totally different from the way she would behave with the others, she was quiet. Even around Wufei, she showed her lunacy. It was actually unnatural. “I interesting charm you placed on the glob,” he complimented as he threw the ball to her.
 
“Thanks,” her cheeks bushed furiously as she caught the ball. She tossed the ball back.
 
He threw the ball a little further this time. “I am unfamiliar with that particular charm, where did you find it?” he asked.
 
“I call it the return to sender charm,” she answered shyly. She flew backwards to catch the ball. “I use it all the time on my homework…it's a little something I read somewhere.” She tossed the ball again.
 
“I've never heard of that charm before,” he raised an eyebrow, “you came up with it on your own?” He caught the ball and threw it higher this time so that she could practice her altitude.
 
Sunny's eyes followed the ball as it flew into the air and chased after it. A frown crossed her features as it landed in a willow tree. He would have to throw it some place far. At least she was getting some practice.
 
Trowa watched impatiently, as the redhead flew closer to the tree that captured their ball. He wanted to know more about the spell she used. If he had known she would have had so much difficulty catching it he would not have thrown it so far. But still she was not a half bad flyer for her first time. He looked towards the other students tossing the ball back and forth with Professor Wood observing a few Ravenclaws and giving them pointers, just before one of them shot off out of control towards the lake. He of course went after the student to save them that was when it happened. A since of dread nagged at him and he turned around. Sunny was almost to the tree, it was then that emerald orbs widened. He flew off towards her. “Sunny,” he called out.
 
Sunny grabbed the ball from the willow tree and smiled at her accomplishment. She had been nervous that she would fall of the broom. She looked towards Trowa to see if he was watching. He was speeding towards her and screaming. It was at that moment of paranoia that she turned around to see a mass of branches hurdling towards her. The force of the whomping willow's branches knocked her into Trowa, who was racing towards her. “Wingardium, Leviosa,” the last thing the both of them remembered before darkness shrouded their being.
 
To be continued….
© 2005 Devon Masterson-Bond
Another Bond Girl Production
I think we all know who belongs to who. I am clearly not the creator just the manipulator. Don't sue me, hire me instead.