Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter Yr. 01
By Devon Masterson-Bond & Midori Bond
Chapter 17-
 
AN: After much character set up we are finally getting to actual plot in all its weirdness. Yeah!! Oh and there will be a sequel, but how many sequels….??? Enjoy
Devon
 
Victoria had to admit, the sight before her was amusing. She had come into the library to meet with her friends, but she didn't expect to see them each at various points of study. Even Duo was surrounded by a number of books. But she figured he could be simply doing Sunshine's homework while she was still in the hospital wing.
 
But that didn't explain why Trowa was sitting with a muggle pencil in his hand, feverishly working on what looked like Algebra. Hazel eyes turned to see Lucrezia and Quatre working hard on his potions, something he always did. Little did the Malfoy heir realize his father would still try to find some way to fail him. She hated Professor Malfoy for that. Victoria only sighed and continued to look down the table. Wufei was leaning over a roll of parchment trying to draw a circle and pentagram inside of it. Victoria would almost laugh if she hadn't seen the demonstrations Professor Elric had done for each of the students that wanted to see exactly what Alchemy was. It appears that the Chinese boy had been impressed.
 
Finally, her eyes landed on the person she was really looking for… or at least where he was located. Heero was sitting at the end of the table surrounded by a virtual wall of books. She walked over to him and took a seat opposite Wufei. “Hello everyone,” she said politely. She did smile when almost everyone either waved or responded in turn. Her expression faltered a bit as she looked at Heero's wall. She didn't even hear a grunt of acknowledgement from him. She cleared her throat slightly and looked at the large texts between her and Heero. “Which class are all of these for, Heero?” she asked conversationally.
 
Quatre and Lucy looked up from the work they were doing. They had arrived just lunch and had not heard one word from Heero, who was already behind his wall.
“It's personal,” Heero said shortly. He scribbled notes down in a red book refusing to look at anyone. He didn't want their help. This was something he would have to do on his own, and if they knew they would want to help. He couldn't allow that. He couldn't lose them too.
 
She blinked at his tone. He'd never spoken to her like that before, and it was something of a shock. Before she could recover, she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. She looked to the side and saw her House Prefect smiling at her. “Mr. Treize,” she acknowledged.
“Miss Une,” he smiled. He looked at the first years at the table, refusing to let his polite appearance fade. “You're looking well.”
 
From behind his wall, Heero tightened his grip on his quill. He hadn't run into Treize since the train too often, but he knew that he hated the older wizard.
Treize could practically feel the dislike coming from Heero. His smile only widened as he looked at the tower of books. “Potter, I wanted to inform you that your roommates have all been found. They should be moving back into the Slytherin house sometime tonight.” His eyes trailed across the table as silence answered him. He then turned his attention back to the young girl he had started to take under his wing. “Miss Une, do you have any plans for dinner tonight?”
 
Victoria had to fight the blush that wanted to cross her face. “Dinner?” she echoed.
 
He continued to smile at her. “Yes. It seems that my father has heard news of myself and Zechs being made captains of our teams, and is giving us a special dinner in Hogsmeade. I would like for you to accompany me,” his eyes darted to Heero for a moment, knowing that the boy had to be seething behind his books. “Unless you already have plans.”
Victoria blinked and turned to Heero. She started to shake her head and looked back at Treize. “Heero and I were….”
 
“I'm busy,” Heero said shortly. “Go if you want,” he spat.
 
Everyone at the table looked at the trio. As all five boys started to frown at Heero, Lucy gave Victoria a sympathetic look.
 
Victoria's eyes narrowed coldly as she looked at Heero. “Fine,” she said as coolly as she could. She then turned to Treize and stood. “I would love to have dinner with you,” she said with a small nod.
 
Treize couldn't help but smile. “Wonderful. I'll be waiting for you in the common room at six,” he said easily. He bowed his head to Victoria and gallantly kissed her hand. With a last look at all of the shocked students at the table, he nodded to Lucy. “In a little while, Miss Noin.”
 
Lucy felt a blush cross her face as Quatre turned to her. “Since I was made Seeker, Zechs asked me to go with him,” she said shyly. She lowered her head and looked at her watch. When Quatre continued to watch her, she felt guilty for some reason. “It's not what you think,” she said quickly. “He's like my brother.”
 
Victoria looked over to Heero and saw that his head was still buried behind his wall. The only difference now was that Wushu was sitting on top of his head. She looked at the toy dragon meaningfully before turning away from the table. “I better get ready,” she said softly.
 
Lucy bit her lip as Victoria left. She wanted to talk to the girl, but she didn't want to leave Quatre with that heartbroken look on his face. She was about to open her mouth when another young girl with messy short brown hair walked over to the table.
 
“Quatre, I've been looking for you,” she said, completely unaware of the prepubescent emotional mess she stumbled upon. As everyone`s eyes turned to her, she rubbed the back of her neck. “I need your help,” she said with a weak grin.
 
Quatre smiled politely and stood. “Sure. What do you need?” he asked.
 
Duo cleared his throat as Quatre gestured for the new girl to have a seat across from him.
 
“Aren't you going to introduce us?” he asked before turning his eyes to Lucy.
 
“Oh, yes,” Quatre said as he sat again. “These are my friends, Trowa, Lucy, Wufei, Duo, and behind all of the books is Heero. Everyone, this is Charlene Mamoe, Charlie.”
Charlie smiled as she tried to ignore the heated look she was receiving from the only other girl at the table. “It's nice to finally meet you all,” she said with a bashful nod.
Lucy inhaled as she started to back her schoolbag. “Likewise,” she said in a cool tone.
 
“But I have to go. I have that dinner to get ready for.”
 
Quatre refused to look towards her as she gathered her things. He couldn't explain why he was acting this way. Lucy was just his friend. He had no right to act so jealous… but it was something that he really couldn't help.
 
After she shoved her last piece of parchment into her bag she looked at everyone. “See you around everyone,” she said trying to hide her hurt and anger. She looked at Quatre and saw that he didn't meet her gaze. “Good bye Mr. Malfoy.”
 
Charlie raised one chocolate colored eyebrow as Quatre's eyes widened. As Lucy left, she leaned her head on her hand. “So that was her?” she asked looking dead at Quatre. She saw the way her blonde friend was shaking and looked around the table. The boy named Wufei was shaking his head in disbelief as the one named Duo was looking back between Quatre and the wall of books. “What in heaven's name did I walk in on?” she asked the violet eyed boy.
 
“I'm trying to figure that out myself,” Duo said shaking his head. He looked at the shaken look Quatre wore and frowned. The boy looked the same way he did the night they were all sorted and he didn't get into Slytherin. He wouldn't be able to talk to his buddy for a while. That left dealing with his other friend… the one that was more liable to hurt him. With a sigh, he looked at Quatre again. “I can't take this,” Duo said standing. When Wufei and Charlie looked at him, he simply removed the top five books from Heero's wall. “What the bloody hell are you thinking?” he asked slamming the books down. He didn't even wince when the librarian gave him a sharp look.
 
Heero looked at him sharply. “I have work to do Duo,” Heero said coldly.
 
Duo inhaled as he saw the look in Heero's eyes. It was the same one his friend wore when his mother died. “Heero….” he started. He was about to let the matter drop when he remembered the way Victoria had gotten the Japanese youth to open up and laugh again. There was no way Duo would let him go back to that dark place. He shook his head and did some glaring of his own. “Look, what you said and did was completely uncalled for.”
 
For a response, Heero gathered his things and picked up the book he was looking through. “I'm not going to justify myself,” he said shaking his head. His eyes widened slightly when he felt Wushu leave his perch, and land on Duo's shoulder. They then narrowed as he looked at his pet. “Not with either of you,” he said in a hiss. “What I'm doing is my problem; I'll deal with it, my way.”
 
Duo stood stunned as Heero stormed out of the library. He then looked at Wufei and Charlie. He had forgotten that the girl was there. He gave her a humorless smirk. “It looks like the two that had the girls, lost `em.”
 
Charlie nodded as she looked at the still stunned Quatre. “Yeah. But did they even realize that they had the girls in the first place?” she asked looking at Duo.
 
The braided boy shrugged and shook his head. “Don't look at me; I don't know what's going on.”
 
Wufei frowned as he looked at Trowa, who was standing. “Where are you going, Weasley?” he asked.
 
Trowa looked at his friends and cousin. “There's something I have to do,” he said pushing his chair back under the table. “I'll see you all at dinner.” Green eyes looked at Charlie. “It was nice to finally meet you.”
 
Charlie nodded as he left the table. She looked back at Quatre and saw that his eyes were slowly starting to fill with tears. She turned to Duo with a pained expression. “Can you help me get him out of here, please?” she asked as she stood.
 
Duo let out a slow sigh as he moved to help Quatre stand. “It's always an adventure with us,” he said as he looped one of the blonde's arms around his shoulders. When Charlie did the same on his other side, he smiled at her. “Wanna' join the club?” he asked playfully.
 
Charlie looked at him for a moment and laughed. “I'll think on it,” she said as they started to move Quatre from the table.
 
Wufei looked at the table around him and frowned. Wushu was sitting on top of one of the books Heero left on the table. He saw the way the toy dragon was flipping through the pages lazily felt his frown deepen. “What do you have there?” he asked gently taking the book from the small creature.
 
“Well, you're not as fun as Duo, but I guess you'll do,” Wushu said as he crawled up the arm of Wufei's robe. Using his tale, Wushu flipped the pages to the one that Heero had be taking notes from. “This is what he's researching.”
Wufei gently moved Wushu's tickling tongue away from his ear. He didn't have a clue to what he was being told, but for some reason, he knew that Oberon's Fountain was something he was going to have to investigate.
 
17-17-17
Trowa quietly opened the door to the hospital wing. He wasn't going to sit in the library and be a sitting target for Duo's interrogations. Besides, he wanted to get a few things straight with a certain, weird, redhead.
 
Viridian eyes spotted Sunny sitting up in her bed with her hands folded in her lap. He frowned as he watched her. She looked troubled. It suddenly struck him that she looked a lot better smiling and laughing.
 
“I know you don't want to be here,” Sunny said in a subdued voice. She looked at him with tired amber eyes and smirked humorlessly at his shock. Before he could ask, she held up her own Griftor's Globe. “I asked Duo to bring it by.”
 
Trowa lowered his head and walked over to her. “Listen, Sunny,” he started. He saw the way she tilted her head to the side and inhaled. “I… IdidyourMugglehomework,” he said in a rush.
 
She blinked at him. There was no way he just said what she thought he did. She blinked again as he reached into his bag and pulled out her books. “How'd you…” she started. Her sentence faded and her eyes hardened as she turned her face away from him. “She put you up to it, didn't she?” Sunny asked in an angry voice.
 
Trowa felt his eyes going wide. First she was sad, now she was angry. He didn't know if he could deal with this girl. But he knew that he didn't have too much of a choice. “She?” he asked.
 
“My mother… I mean Professor Lovegood,” she spat.
 
The brunette had to sit down. He knew how strange the Transfiguration teacher could be, and saw an instant connection. But something was off…. “Duo said your mom was dead.” He slowly moved closer to her as she turned away from him. “Sunny?”
 
“That's what I thought too,” she said as tears fell from her eyes. “She came in here last night and told me. She said that my dad made her stay away from me and so she had to act like my invisible friend.”
 
Trowa didn't know what to do as the girl threw her arms around him and cried into his chest. After a moment, he awkwardly returned her embrace. As he held her, he looked around wildly to see if his aunt or anyone else could come and help him. All he saw was the nurse in the painting above the door shrugging her shoulders at him.
 
It took a few minutes, but Sunny was able to pull her tears back. She moved away from Trowa and wiped her eyes roughly. “This is where you call me a fool, or an idiot, right?” she asked as her voice hitched.
 
He lowered his eyes and sighed. He was slowly starting to realize just how much he owed her. “I wouldn't say something like that. Not now,” he said softly. When she frowned at him, he continued. “And I had no right to call you that before. I'm sorry.”
 
She looked at him closely. He seemed so sincere… for a moment, she thought about not excepting his apology. But she didn't think she could hold a grudge against him for too long. “It's okay,” she said softly. When he looked at her, she frowned. “Not you calling me names, I mean… I forgive you… as long as you don't do it again.”
 
Trowa felt a smile cross his face as he watched her. She still wore a melancholy look, but some of her normal disposition was starting to return. He gently took her hand in his and held it. “I won't,” he promised. When she lowered her eyes, he cleared his throat. “And I wouldn't worry about your mom. Parents have a way of screwing up in one breath and moving on with the next. We just have to figure out how to `tango on' as my Uncle Bill put it.”
 
Sunny tilted her head to the side. “Tango on?” she asked. “That sound's like something I would say.”
 
Trowa chuckled as he thought about the Weasley family. “Yes, I suppose it does.” He looked at her and decided to tell her his deepest secret. “Uncle Bill says that life has always been like the tango. There are no real clear-cut steps, no pattern. If you make a mistake, you can get up and tango on.”
 
She felt a smile cross her face. “I think I'd like your Uncle.”
 
“I'm not sure if he's my uncle,” Trowa said with a sigh. When she looked at him, he shrugged. “There's a possibility that the Headmaster's my real dad.”
 
Sunny's eyes went round. “What?”
 
Trowa looked at their joined hands again and took a breath. “Well, from what I found out, my parents got married just out of college. They had been trying for a long time to start a family, and when things were getting bad, Mom popped up pregnant with me.” He glanced at her before shaking his head. “I heard a couple of kids, and other witches and wizards talking. They point out how Uncle Harry and I both have green eyes. How I really don't have anything in common with anyone else in my family. I mean think about it, I really don't look or act like my father. Do I?”
 
“So you're a black sheep too,” she said quietly. When he nodded she squeezed his hand. “Does your mom know any of this?”
 
“Some,” he told her. “She says that it's all rubbish. Uncle Harry and Aunt Rei were just engaged when I was conceived. But that still doesn't stop people from talking.”
 
“Or you from hearing,” Sunny whispered. She felt a smile cross her face when their eyes met. “Don't you wish you could just cut off your ears?” she asked suddenly.
He couldn't help it. He laughed. A small knot in his stomach started to loosen as she laughed with him. He could see why Duo liked to hang around her so much. Both students settled as the door opened to reveal Ginny carrying a tray of food. “Let me help you with that,” Trowa offered as he moved across the room.
 
Ginny smiled at her nephew. “I didn't know you were down here,” she said giving him a kiss on his cheek.
 
Trowa blushed and looked at Sunny. “I was just bringing a friend her homework,” he said taking the tray over to the girl sitting on the bed.
 
“Friend?” Ginny asked. She saw the way they were both blushing and raised an eyebrow. “From this end it looks like girlfriend.”
 
Sunny's eyes were round as she looked at Trowa. It was sort of comforting to see the same look mirrored in his face. “We're… friends,” she said slowly.
 
Trowa looked at the tray for a moment and frowned. It surprised him that he was finding that he was actually starting to care for Sunny. He inhaled and turned to his aunt. “She's my girlfriend,” he said defiantly. He could feel his hands shaking. “What of it?” he asked.
Ginny caught the stunned look Sunny wore and laughed. “You really are cute Trowa,” she said between giggles. “And please, tell your father that you've started dating before your mother. I don't think the school can take the explosion.”
 
 
To be continued….
 
 
Midori's Notes:
Dear Amscray & Desertfox.
Hi, I'm Dev-chan's sister Midori. I'm putting this in for you two, since you've been with Devon for years, reviewing her stuff and getting her to write when I couldn't. I just wanted to say that this was really the first time I had to write Victoria and Heero interacting… as well as Trowa and Sunny (aside from their first meeting). So, if I have done them a horrid injustice, DON'T KILL ME!!! It'll get better… eventually. And I also have to say that I went and read EVERYONE'S reviews and have to say this:
This fic is 1+11, 4+9... And you'll have keep reading to see the other couples ^_^
And with that, I'll let it be known that Heero and Victoria WILL reconcile. Bond Girl's honor. Love you all for reading, and keep those comments coming!
Midori
PS- I've taken off Dev-chan's gag, she can talk now… she's just still strapped to her chair.
 
© 2005 Bond Girl Productions
We came, we read, we decided to kidnap the characters and make them do our bidding. We'll give them back unharmed, don't worry.