Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter Yr. 01
By Devon Masterson-Bond & Midori Bond
Chapter 18
 
Duo and Charlie sat with Quatre under one of the large trees in the courtyard. Violet eyes watched as Charlie juggled five rocks. “You know, I think I've only seen Trowa do that,” he commented as he bit in to an apple.
 
A muse escaped her as she added another rock. “My father does this when he wants to think,” she said glancing at Duo. “I was shocked when I found out that it really works.”
Duo lay back with an arm behind his head. “What are you thinking about now?”
 
“Well, I have to chart several constellations for my Astronomy class, and I'm horrible at it. That why I was looking for Quatre. But after what happened with Lucy, I'm trying to think of something that could help him with her.”
 
Duo looked over to Quatre and saw that he was sitting in a ball with his head on his knees. It had already been twenty minutes and the blonde still showed no signs of coming around. “Yeah, but I'm still trying to figure out what happened.”
 
Charlie let out a squeak and dropped all of her rocks as she saw the figure of the newest member of the school's staff walking over towards them. “Pro… Professor Elric,” she said shyly.
 
Duo sat up and looked at his aunt's boyfriend and raised an eyebrow. “Hey Teach,” he said cheerfully. He would make it his business to find out what the blonde man was up to with Ginny. There was no way that Duo would let anyone hurt his aunt. She was too nice and sweet to left some stranger have his way with her. “What brings you here?” he asked.
Ed looked at the braided boy. He could see the partially cold look in violet eyes as the boy started him down. Ginny wasn't exaggerating when she said that Duo was protective. He smiled and shrugged. “I was just walking around. Dinner's still not for another hour or so, and I wanted to see what I could get myself into.” His eyes caught sight of Quatre, and frowned. “What happened to him?”
 
“Girl problems,” Duo said lowly. Suddenly, an idea came to him, and he gestured to the patch of grass between him and Quatre. “Have a seat, Teach; I'm sure you'd be able to help.”
 
Golden eyes narrowed as he smelled the setup. As he looked into overly-innocent eyes, he felt the feeling solidify. Duo was giving him a test, and he knew that if he wanted any peace with Ginny, he would have to pass it. He smiled and sat between the pair. “So, what happened?” he asked.
 
Charlie blushed and looked at her feet as she went to sit on Quatre's other side. “Well, it seems that when I went to talk to Quatre in front of his friends, the girl that he likes got mad and stormed off,” she said trying not to look at Ed.
 
Duo rolled his eyes. It figures that Ed would have students with crushes on him. “So, why do you think she got mad?” he asked the Alchemist.
 
Ed frowned slightly. “I really can't figure out what happened just from that.”
 
“I lost her, it's that simple,” Quatre said into his legs. Everyone looked at the small blonde as he slowly raised his head. He sniffled pathetically and looked at his best friend. “She said good bye, and she called me Mr. Malfoy.”
 
“Actually, I think I can help,” Ed said lowly. As he felt three pairs of eyes on him, he shrugged. “All we have to do is figure out what made her upset, and you can plan from there.”
 
Duo looked at the man sideways. “Are you speaking from experience, Teach?” he asked in a bitter tone.
 
Ed's eyebrow twitched as he curled his gloved hands into fists. The polite smile that he wore soon turned smug. “You'll find that out when you're old enough,” he said easily.
 
He turned to Quatre and sighed. The boy looked down right depressed. “Okay, now back to the girl,” he said. “What happened?” he asked. He listened to Quatre as he recited what happened. Ed then frowned. “So, you overreacted to the news of her not having dinner with you.”
 
Quatre nodded. “And then when I introduced Charlie to everyone, she just got all cold and distant.”
 
A blonde head bobbed as he thought. “She became jealous after you did,” Ed deduced.
 
“But Lucy doesn't have anything to be jealous over,” Quatre said quickly. “Charlie's my friend.”
 
Charlie picked up three rocks and started to juggle them. “And from what I've heard, Lucy's just Zechs' friend,” she commented. When the three looked at her, she laughed. “Who would have thought that you both would be jealous over the same thing? The whole thing just strikes me funny. That's all.”
 
Quatre felt his heart sinking deeper. “She was jealous of me and Charlie?” he asked looking at Ed.
 
“That's what it looks like.” Ed looked at the three students around him and sighed.
 
“Listen, you're gonna' have to apologize to her. Say you're sorry, and that you don't want to lose her friendship. Tell her that you realize that you had nothing to be jealous over, and she should forgive you.”
 
Duo frowned as he looked at his aunt's boyfriend. “Girls really buy that?” he asked.
 
Ed turned to him. “You'd be surprised,” he answered. He then stood and brushed his bangs out of his eyes. “And I hope you were taking notes. Next time you boys need advice, I'm charging.”
 
Quatre nodded as he started forming a plan in his mind. “Thank you Professor,” he said grabbing his bag and jumping to his feet. He looked at Duo and Charlie and smiled. “I'll see you at dinner,” he said before running off into the castle.
 
Charlie giggled as she watched him leave. Once he disappeared into the school, she looked at Ed, and felt her blush return. “Professor Elric?” she asked. When he looked at her, she lowered her eyes slightly. “How are you with Astronomy?” she asked.
 
“Alright, I guess. Why?” Ed asked tilting his head to the side.
 
Duo frowned, knowing where this was going. “I'll help you with your homework Charlie,” he cut in.
 
Ed looked at Duo and felt an eyebrow twitch. Clearly the boy wasn't thinking what he thinks the boy was thinking. As Charlie looked at Duo, he shook his head and chuckled. He would have to tell Ginny about this. “I need to check on something. I'll see you both at dinner.”
 
Duo looked at Ed as he started back for the school. “Bye Teach,” he called out. His eyes narrowed as Ed waved once and continued on inside. “Cause if you can wrap girls around you finger like this, this means war,” he thought.
 
18-18-18
“Don't say anything to Duo about this,” Trowa said as they walked down the hall in near silence. He was doing the gentlemanly thing and escorting his `girlfriend' back to the dormitory as his aunt put it.
 
Sunny nodded her head and adjusted her sling. Madam Weasely said she had to wear it a couple of days just to be on the safe side. “Why did you say that?”
 
A faint flush brushed his cheeks as he carried her bag for her. That question weighed on his mind. Now there was a moment he wished he could take back. If Duo ever got wind of the situation he was good as dead, his mother and he could kiss the afterlife goodbye as well. Not only was he worried about his cousin's teasing, but he was not exactly sure what their relationship was. The first night at Hogwarts he saw then embracing and it almost looked like they were kissing. It was too early for that type of thing, but then again they were eleven. A few curious ideas had crossed their minds and Duo always seemed more advanced than the rest of them. It was something that Trowa always admired about him. Duo acted so normal, so unlike him. He knew his father would trade him for another son (Duo) in a heart beast of his mother allowed it. About the only thing he had in common with his father was Quidditch and he could not even enjoy that with his father because his other would have an ever loving fit.
 
“Are you alive in there?” Sunny asked waving her hand in front of his face. For some reason Trowa just stopped and stared off into space in the middle of the hall. She hoped he wasn't sick.
 
Trowa shook off his reverie. “I'm fine,” he said grabbing her hand and continuing on their way.
 
“Wait,” she replied as they stood outside the portrait of the Fat Lady. “I wanted to say thanks and I won't say anything.” She moved in front Trowa and pulled her bag from his hand. A firm protest formed on his lips when she stood on her tip toes and brushed hers across his. A look of surprise crossed his face and he nearly shut down. Sunny turned to the Fat Lady who smiled. “Gorda es Linda,” she said as the portrait opened up to let her into the common room. Flicking her wand and uttering a levitation spell, a red faced Sunny with levitating bag walked inside leaving a catatonic Trowa out in the hall.
 
“Well go on, boy,” The Fat Lady sighed after ten minutes. “I know it was your first kiss, but there is a draft coming through here.”
 
He blinked. “Right.” He walked inside. “I am such an idiot…”
 
 
To be continued….
© 2005 Bond Girl Productions
We came, we read, we decided to kidnap the characters and make them do our bidding. We'll give them back unharmed, don't worry.