Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter Yr. 01
By Devon Masterson-Bond & Midori Bond
Chapter 20
 
AN: Okay, school is over and I have people calling my house over of this fic. Now I can devote myself to my passions
 
_________________________
 
“I knew you would come,” Relena smiled latching on to Heero's arm in glee. “You and I are meant to be together, I knew it at the sorting. I am so happy.”
 
Heero tried to pull his arm from the girl. She was clearly getting the wrong idea, but he was not sure how to go about saying that he thought she was someone else. The last thing he needed was hysterics. “It's not…”
 
“Sylvia, I told you he would come,” Relena smiled as she looked into the shadows for her friend. The blonde looked toward her friend that stepped out shyly and then looked at her love. “I know this should be private, but I was a little nervous about the whole thing. This is so big.”
 
“Hi, Heero,” Sylvia greeted shyly as her face blushed. She felt like she was invading on a moment, even though she did doubt that the taciturn boy would show up as asked. Guilt also played a part, she should not have doubted her friend perhaps she did not deserve her place in Hufflepuff after all. “I am going to go back to the common room now…congratulations.” She turned to leave when she nearly ran into another student coming into the owlry. “Ex…excuse me.”
 
Victoria nodded as she stepped around the stuttering first year. She did not have time for the usual apprehensive underclassmen, she had to get back and pick Sunshine's brain. “Ebony,” She called lifting her hand outward. Her world moved in slow motion as she looked towards a darkened area of the owlry. Brown eyes widened slightly as they met Prussian ones. Ebony nipped at Victoria expectantly. “I apologize, Ebony, please take this correspondence for me,” she requested placing the letter in the falcon's beak.
 
“Victoria,” Heero pulled away from Relena.
 
Relena hugged Heero even tighter as she looked at the upperclassman. “We are having a private moment, Miss Une,” she smiled, “would you mind?”
 
A brown eyebrow arched as she studied the situation. She was not sure what to make of it. She knew from Wufei that the young Peacecraft had designs on Heero, but she never thought that something would come of it. Her logical mind worked it out; they were the same age and the Peacecraft waive was pretty, though they differed completely in interests. Her heart however leaped into her throat and threatened to strangle her in the betrayal of it all as she saw the two of them embracing in the darkness. “Miss Peacecraft, you do realize that some would assume certain things about the two of you in the corner alone in the owlry?”
 
Relena flushed though it was not noticed in the dim light. “Well I am here with my boyfriend, and we…”
 
“I understand, don't let me interrupt you,” Victoria said stiffly.
 
“It's not what it looked like,” Heero cried out desperately. This was getting bad fast and he was as Duo would say `freaked out.' Victoria could not leave him there with Relena. He would go insane. She was not the girl he wanted spend time with.
 
“Of course it is, sweetie. I wrote you a note and you came to meet me. Everyone knows that when the one you love writes you note, you return that love by meeting in a secret place and pledging it.” Relena turned to Victoria. “That is the part we were on when we go interrupted.”
 
Victoria turned to leave. She did not want to hear anymore. It was obviously a lie to spare her feelings. Relena wrote him a note and he showed up, simple as that. She witnessed it personally, not to mention Sylvia, which explained the girl's haste.
 
“Wait,” Heero called after her fleeting form. He finally wriggled out Relena's vice grip on him and started down the stairs.
 
“Heero, where are you going?” Relena asked following after him. “We still have to…” Her sentence trailed as she missed a step and fell onto Heero. It was only a couple of stars but it still hurt. “Ow.” She groaned as she got off Heero.
 
The brown hair boy groaned as well and shook his head. He was going to have a nasty bump on his head from the fall. Already he could feel a goose egg forming underneath his unruly bangs. Already, Relena Peacecraft was ruining his life. There was no way he could catch up to Victoria before she went up to the girl's dormitory. “I'm sorry I hurt you,” she said lowly. “Our moment was not exactly graceful.”
 
Heero stood to his feet and offered her his hand. Annoying or not leaving someone on the floor was rude, plus he had a feeling she would find away to trip if she continued to lay there. “There was no…”
 
“Look it's Potter and his girlfriend, Peacecraft and they're holding hands,” a voice that Heero wished he could forget pointed out to his dismay. He quickly dropped Relena's hand and glared at Nichol, his roommate as he was joined by a several others. Relena turned bright red and hid behind Heero.
 
“I have to get back to my house, bye, Heero,” she said from behind him. She may love a Slytherin but she did not have to love his house and was not about to hang around the whole lot of them. “I will see you in herbology.” She pecked him on the cheek and dashed away.
 
Heero closed his eyes as anger cursed through him. She just damned him before people who hated him and some of the biggest gossips in school. “Look he's savoring it like he's in love,” a girl laughed. Heero moved to pull out his wand.
 
“What's going on here?” Hermione asked as she came up behind the group.
 
The Slytherin group glared at the Deputy Headmistress. “Nothing, Professor, just going about Slytherin business,” Nichol answered. “Right, Potter?”
 
“Right,” he said through his teeth not even focusing.
 
“He just had some questions about his Hufflepuff girlfriend and we thought we would assist.”
 
“And I was showing my fellow Slytherin's a light spell. Fodio.” He poked his wand towards Nichol causing the boy jumped into the air in pain. Dark eyes glared at Heero as their owner grabbed their rear.
 
“That is a spell to sting someone, Mr. Potter,” Hermione replied sternly.
 
“I still need to practice,” he commented never taking his eyes off Nichol.
 
“He did that on purpose,” one of the girls in the group accused. “Are you going to let him get away with that?”
 
Hermione grit her teeth. She knew that there was more going on than it seemed, but Heero was not making it easier on her. “First years as you know should be more careful in practicing their technique and never in the general direction of another. Mr. Potter you will have to spend one hour of study detention with me going over the rules of magic safety. Now I would appreciate it if you all report to your common room, except you, Mr. Potter.” The group of students snickered as they headed down towards the lower levels of the school where the Slytherin common room was located. “What were you thinking Heero Sirius Potter?” Hermione asked once they were alone. “You know perfectly well that was not a light spell and done right in front of me.”
 
“It won't happen again, Professor,” Heero replied looking straight into her eyes.
 
Hermione's eyes narrowed at the deliberate distance. “As a teacher, I would have given you at least three days detention with Mr. Septum. As your godmother, I was lenient though I would like to know why you resorted to such petty violence. It isn't like you.”
 
“I need to work on my light spell,” he answered looking away from his aunt.
 
“If you won't talk to me, then at least talk to the others; you've been isolating yourself again.” She pulled the young Slytherin into her arms. “Don't be afraid to go to them or us.” She grabbed a handful of his hair and gently forced his head upward. “Do you understand me?”
 
“Yes, Aunt `Mione,” he answered not wanting to press his luck.
 
“Good,” she kissed him on the forehead. “Now go get some rest, you have a full day of classes and detention tomorrow.” Heero pulled away and started down the hall. It had been a long time since he had been hugged liked that. It made him miss his mother. “I will find the one who killed you, Mom.”
 
20-20-20
 
“What's this about Heero involving himself with the Peacecraft waif?” Wufei asked leaning back on the bench on his house table.
 
Duo choked on his pumpkin juice. “What?” he sputtered as Sunny slapped him on the back repeatedly. “I'm okay, Sunny.”
“It's all over the common room and I heard a few Ravenclaws talking,” Wufei replied.
 
Duo looked across the table to the Ravenclaw table. Quatre had not come down for breakfast yet. “There's Quatre,” Trowa pointed out as he chewed a piece of toast. The braided boy motioned for him to come over the Gryffindor table. The blonde walked towards them with a concerned expression. "I take it you heard the rumor too!”
 
“You're kidding me,” Duo sighed looking around. He spotted Victoria sitting at the Slytherin table pushing her food around on the plate. “So much for damage control… I thought he hated her.”
 
“This has to be a misunderstanding,” Quatre commented. “We just need to talk to Heero.”
 
“Maybe this is none of our business. We are already meddling enough.”
 
“Bite me, Trowa,” Duo growled, “Heero's is our friend…”
 
“Who is apparently not well,” Wufei snorted before eating a forkful of eggs.
 
Trowa shook his head. “Perhaps, he liked her and we just didn't know it.”
 
“Oh please,” Duo scoffed, “that sounds like something that you would do, Trowa. You'd have to be blind to not see that he likes Victoria, if he liked anybody. No other girl has even been prepped yet. It would be wrong.”
 
“How about we finish breakfast and talk about it, afterwards?” Quatre compromised. They were starting to get stares and his stomach ached. He thought better without distraction.
 
“Well hurry up then, Tre,” Duo pushed the blonde towards the Ravenclaw table.
 
“This is going to go badly,” Trowa commented.
 
“I think this is a good idea,” Sunny replied glaring at Trowa. “Friends should care enough to meddle especially when the friend is acting odd.”
 
“So does that mean if you act normal, I should meddle with you?” Duo laughed.
 
Sunny crossed her eyes then laughed as well. “I guess so.”
Green eyes narrowed as he watched the two of them. Sunny and Duo irked him for some reason, even more so these days. They were so chummy and irresponsible when together. “Did you finish your studies for the day?”
 
Sunny nodded as she sobered. “The holiday yesterday helped out a lot.” She opened her school case. “Oh and I found something you might find interesting.” She handed him a small book, “It's a detective mystery about a wizard written by a muggle author. The main character is funny.”
 
Trowa looked at the book. He did not do funny and was about to tell her so when he looked into expectant amber eyes. He was supposed to trying to get along with her after all. His lips tingled slightly. “I will look into it,” he took the book and placed it into his case. Duo smirked but wisely kept his mouth shut. “It's part of a series. My dad has been sending me so I have up to book four and I am reading five.”
 
“I'll keep that in mind.”
 
“So anyway…”
 
20-20-20
 
Heero walked up the stairs towards the great hall. He had been delaying breakfast on the off chance that no one knew his new `status.' He went down to the common room first thing in the morning so he could talk to Victoria, but she managed to slip by him.
 
“Heero Potter,” a voice growled before he made contact with the wall. Millardo `Zechs' Peacecraft glared into his quickly hazed vision. “How dare you…” Heero kicked Zechs in the shin. One of the benefits of being eleven years old being beat up by a fifteen year old was the height difference. Apparently his already crappy morning was getting worse.
 
“You are going to pay for that, first year,” he growled.
 
“I am not interested in your sister,” Heero dodged. He pulled out his wand.
 
“Expelliarmus,” Zechs called out.
 
Prussian eyes widened as the wand flew out his hand. He rushed Zechs before he could curse him and bowled him over. He was able to get off a few punches before he was punched in the stomach. His eyes misted in pain as he tried to gather his breath.
 
“Petrificus totalis,” a voice called out. Zech's movements ceased and he fell over. “Sort yourself out Potter. I'll have you not embarrass Slytherin house further,” Draco Malfoy sneered as he stood over Zechs. “Well Gryffindor prefect, this is a perfect predicament. You do realize that I will have to punish you for attacking one my students. I imagine I should start with 100 points being taken from your house and a trip to the headmaster for further punishment. Wingardium Leviosa.” Zech's prone body lifted from the floor and started floating down the hall. “Come along Potter.”
Heero followed after Professor Malfoy slowly. His father and Uncle Ron were going to have a stroke when they found out that he had been in a fight with a Gryffindor. Aunt Hermione was going to have a coronary when she found out it was a prefect. Self-defense or not, he was dead. Professor Malfoy saved him, he didn't know which was worse; knowing the glee his head of house was having punishing the Gryffindor or the terror that awaited him.
 
“Quidditch ex rex,” Professor Malfoy uttered to the phoenix statue entrance. The stairway opened up and the three of them went up to the office.
 
Harry looked up from his sports section about to hand it to Ron when he frowned. “Malfoy, what have you done to my prefect?” Ron asked stalking over to the entrance.
 
“Keeping him from bludgeoning to death one of my Slytherin.” His eyes flew to Harry at the words `my Slytherin.'
 
Ron released Zechs. “Is this true, Zechs?” Harry asked coming from behind his desk. Zechs nodded defiantly. “And who started the fight?”
 
Zech's eyes flew towards Heero in a glare and he nearly hissed. The little first year gave him a black eye. “I initiated the conflict and I am prepared to take the full consequences.”
 
“Are you mad?” Ron cried out.
 
Harry shook his head. “Why did you do it?” Zechs stared at the headmaster for a moment contemplating. Harry's face hardened. “Both of you are my students and will be handled equally. Now answer me.”
 
“I found out he was dating my little sister and became short sighted,” he answered gracefully. Ron made a face. Definitely been down the road before.
 
“Protecting you family is noble, but it is not acceptable to hurt another student. Turn in your prefect badge.” Ron winced. “You will also be serving detention the rest of the week. I will leave the rest of the details with Professor Weasely. Now go see Madam Weasely to have that eye looked after and in the future control your temper.” Zechs removed his badge and placed in Professor Weasely's hand, who looked every bit as bad as he felt then left.
 
“I would like to speak to Heero alone.” Malfoy smirked then left followed by Ron who only kept shaking his head. “Are you okay, son?” Harry asked watching the proud, disheveled boy.
 
“I'm fine.”
 
“Good,” he replied gesturing for him to have a seat. “Would you care to explain your detention this afternoon?”
 
Heero sat in silence and Harry sighed. The boy was like Gringotts. “I see you have an attraction to trouble the way I did, but closed mouth about it. No magical demonstrations, son or I will give you detention myself. I do not want you to solve your problems by fighting. Go on to your class.” Heero stood and left the room. “What is going on with that boy?” The irony of fatherhood was weighing heavily on him these days.
 
“Well if you must know, young Heero has got himself into a pickle,” Dumbledor answered walking through the wall. “He likes Miss Une while Miss Peacecraft latches on to him. She is quite persistent which leads to the current confusion about her and Heero.”
 
Harry shook his head, though he felt somewhat relieved that this was a growing pain and not a trauma dealing with Rei. “Do you have any advice?”
 
“I suggest muggle corn of the low sodium variety,” he answered his eyes twinkling behind half-moon spectacles just before he disappeared.
 
 
To be continued….
© 2007 Bond Girl Productions 10-15-07
We came, we read, we decided to kidnap the characters and make them do our bidding. We'll give them back unharmed, don't worry.