Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Yuy and the Eye of Horus ❯ Epilogue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
+ Title: The Eye of Horus - Epilogue
(Full Title: Heero Yuy and the Eye of Horus)
+ Author: Vinyl Koneko (Emily), roguegirl@att.net
+ Rating: PG-13
+ Couplings: 1x2, 3x4, 13+2, R+1, 5xS, 11+13
+ Warnings: action, language, angst, romance, death, supernatural powers
+ Archive: Want it? Take it. Just give me credit, please.
+ Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. Don't own Indiana Jones, either. Both belong to something bigger than I could ever comprehend. ^_^
+ Comments: //Lyrics// and *emphasis* and 'thought' and [flashback], some may not be used in this fic...it's just a heads-up. And keep in mind that just because this is Indiana Jones Gundam Wing-a-mized, it's still in the late 1930s, but I got rid of the Nazis and pretty much all of WWII in general because, you know, Hitler and Treize as heads of power in the same fic might get messy. ::shrug::

*~**~*
New York, USA
*~**~*

Duo peeked in through the glass window of the classroom door and carefully crept inside, not wanting to be noticed by the professor or his students. Heero was rapidly sketching something on the chalkboard as every student - the majority of which that was female, Duo noted with a wry smirk - jotted down everything Heero said or wrote.

"So," the Japanese-American was beginning to wrap up his lecture, "after seeing all the evidence for and against the case, do you believe that Helen of Troy actually existed?"

A girl with long blonde hair and forked eyebrows raised her hand. "She must have existed. Men don't run around making up excuses for war; they take ones that have been handed to them. The Greeks and the Trojans already were at each others' throats, so what better excuse than a woman to actually start the fighting?"

A girl with dark hair and crystal blue eyes shook her head. "Doubted, Dorothy. Helen of Troy didn't exist in the way that Homer told us she did. These stories got passed on orally for generations."

"Well, what do *you* think, then, Hilde?" Dorothy arched an eyebrow questioningly.

"I think that Helen of Troy was really a man. Menelaus had enough problems with the Trojans and his controversial wife, so what did he do? Allowed Helen to leave with Paris and start up a war."

"It's *not* a matter of war or gender," another blonde girl in the front row interrupted, speaking in a honey-sweet voice. "It's a matter of *true* love. Do you believe in true love, *Doctor* Yuy?"

To say that Duo wasn't waiting with baited breath for Heero's answer would have been a lie. The bell rang, but the room was still silent. "Yes, Relena," came the careful reply, "I do. Next class there's a brief essay due on today's lecture. And I said *brief*. You're dismissed."

The students piled out of the lecture hall and Duo knew well enough to stay out of their way. He cleared his throat lightly, moving to stand directly behind Heero who was erasing what he'd written on the board. In a falsetto of Relena's voice, Duo purred, "You know who I think *my* true love is, *Doctor* Yuy?"

Duo noticed his lover stiffen slightly as he finished with the board and slowly began to turn around. "Relena quite frankly I- Duo!"

The longhaired American adorned his most innocent smile. "What's up?"

"Do that again and I'll stick a sock down your throat."

Duo pouted playfully. "Only a sock?" He smiled broadly at the blush that spread across Heero's features. "You're too attractive for your own good sometimes, love."

"Let's talk a walk," Heero suggested, grabbing his coat from his office before they head outside. It was a cooler autumn day. Several months had passed since the Eye of Horus incident, and Duo had decided to stay with Heero in New York. "How was it?"

"How was what?"

"The interview."

"Oh. It went...well." Duo felt like he was being choked, so he loosened the tie around his neck.

"Only 'well'?"

Duo shrugged. "They seemed a little uncomfortable with the fact that I didn't have a doctorate, but they seemed to think that your expert opinion was enough."

Heero paused. "So you got the job?" Duo nodded mutely. The other man smiled. "That's great."

"You'll have to put up with me in the same department," Duo punctuated every word by poking Heero's chest with his finger. "Every time I forget something I'm going to be borrowing it from you." Duo grinned seductively. "And then we can make love in the lecture halls."

Heero cleared his throat. "If you want to get fired."

Duo sighed. "Or we'll just wait until we get home." He stretched his arms out, resting his hands on the back of his head. "What if I'm not good at it? Teaching, I mean."

"You just talk and hope they're listening. You're good at that. Ow!" Heero rubbed the spot on his arm where Duo had punched him. "If I can do it, you'll be fine."

"Something else..." Duo thought for a moment. "Oh yeah! Quatre called. He and Trowa got back yesterday from their extended vacation. Said he has so much paperwork on his desk that he doesn't know where to start."

"As long as none of it gets me sent to the other side of the planet any time soon, I don't particularly care." Heero grabbed Duo by the hips, pulling him closer and grinning when the longhaired man let out a surprised yelp. "How long were you watching?"

"Just the last ten minutes or so. Long enough to spark my curiosity."

"About what?"

Duo rested his head on Heero's shoulder. "Your theory on true love," he whispered.

"I don't have a theory, per se. It just happens. And whoever it is, fate will keep you together, no matter what. You just have to be able to recognize it when you see it." Heero pulled Duo's mouth to his, tempting his lips apart for their tongues to meet. Duo sighed, letting himself feel the moment, the sharp contrast between the cool air and Heero's hot mouth.

"Do you have another class today?" Duo asked, fiddling with the buttons on Heero's shirt under his coat.

Heero shook his head. "I have the rest of the day available." He pretended to consider his options. "Although I have to review lesson plans, grade papers, and write up tests."

"Ha ha ha. Very funny, Heero." Duo counted off on his fingers. "First of all, knowing you, you don't need to do *any* of that because you either already know or finished a week ago, at least, and second of all," Duo flashed his most charming grin, "this is me we're talking about. I think that alone outweighs all other options."

"Of course," Heero deadpanned. "Work before play. What was I thinking?" He smirked at the strange expression he was getting from his lover. "What sort of plans, exactly, did you have in mind?"

Duo grabbed Heero by both hands, pulling him off in the direction of their apartment while talking excitedly about everything they could do that evening.

*~**~*

Owari

A/N: I'd like to thank everyone who reviewed while the story was in process, encouraging me to actually finish this one without any prolonged periods. So, very big thank yous to: Alexandrite, chibi desty nova, crystalshart, Dacia (special thanks for archiving), Dazzler, d_copper, deathwraith, diane, duochang97, Elyndys, girl_starfish, Gwynn, Helen, Ileana, jana, jldm, Jordan, Kanashimi Maxwell (special thanks for correcting my German), Kaori, Kye, Layla Yuy, LiCat, little duckie, Mairead (special thanks for being such a good wifey), Mare, Morgan, Nana, Nezumi, Palikai, Perin Emeraldlaughter (special thanks for archiving), Phoenix, Phyllis Fields, pulsar, reishin (special thanks for correcting my Japanese), Rime Dragona, Saaria, seamaidian, Seraph, Shadowess (special thanks for archiving), Shidedaion, Sorceress Fantasia (special thanks for correcting my Chinese), SS, Stacy (special thanks for the awesome illustration), Tanith (special thanks for correcting my Greek mythology), and trillion.

Duo: *waves* Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed it!
Heero: *takes off the fedora* I can finally take these damn clothes off...
Duo: Hey, what are you doing? Keep the whip. *waggles eyebrows*