Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Penthouse ( Chapter 22 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Penthouse
 
Sarah moved her legs back and forth in the air on the bed. A gun was taped on to her back as she waited for him to come to the penthouse. This room hadn't changed at all. Huge bed with purple and red sheets, tons of pillows laying everywhere, clothes shoved into drawers and the blinds closed even on bulletproof glass.
 
She flipped through an old war magazine before Treize and OZ started everything. She saw the first article stating how the prime minister from Spain was assassinated. He had been heavily guarded with the best security and security systems, but somehow someone shot him. Sarah smiled to herself knowing exactly how he died; a simple sniper riffle three buildings over, at an angle, and just waited for him to get his brandy from the cabinet by the window. Sarah then shot the minister and left the building dressed as a hooker.
 
He walked inside his room and saw Sarah back on his bed. Black leather pants, red pumps, and a top he knew drove every man wild. It was a corset with red piping and lace around her breasts. Her jacket rested across the bed next to her.
 
He stood in the doorway, calmly. “You called?” he stated.
 
Sarah looked up at him. “We need to talk.”
 
Heero cocked his head to the side. “I take it Trowa's asleep and doesn't know you're out.”
 
“I left him a note,” she answered. “Unlike you.”
 
“You never left notes either,” he countered. “What did you want to talk about?”
 
Sarah closed the magazine and sat up. “Crystal's pregnant.”
 
Heero raised an eyebrow. “You need a partner?”
 
“No. I can work alone, but since I can't talk to Trowa about this, I needed to talk to you.”
 
“About?”
 
“If I had actually been a normal girl and we got pregnant would you tell me that you were a Gundam pilot?”
 
Heero shrugged. “Does it matter now?”
 
“Yes. Crystal asked me if she should tell Duo about her real job. I basically told her to think about the future then decide.”
 
“Has Duo told her about him being a pilot?”
 
“No. Trowa hasn't said anything either. If Releena didn't know about you would have told her?”
 
“No,” he said calmly. “I still don't understand why this is such a big deal.”
 
Sarah looked down at the floor. “Because when war breaks out I know for a fact you and the others will disappear and so will we.”
 
“The war's been over for years.”
 
Sarah looked up into Heero's eyes. “Zeon is going to start another war. He's making mobile suits.” Heero's face hardened. “And I know you'd be the first to go. Wufei would also disappear just because he has no one here. Then Quatre would leave and then Trowa and Duo. And Crystal would also leave-child or pregnant. She'd leave and-”
 
“You'd be the first to leave,” said Heero. “Out of all the assassins in the world you'd already be on the battle field killing the generals and anything else that moves. What does Crystal think about this new war coming on?”
 
“She doesn't know. At the time Crystal had just gotten married and I knew if someone caught her they'd find Duo and torture him to get information out of him. And I know Duo would think they wanted the others…”
 
Heero rubbed his forehead. “Have you ever thought about killing Zeon without telling Victor? You have done it before.”
 
“Victor would know it'd be me,” she stated. “You could kill him though.”
 
Heero shook his head. “I'd rather not. He might be making them for space and not for war.”
 
“Then why else would he want the Gundam pilots dead? It's not like you guys pose a threat since you blew up your fake Gundams.”
 
Heero frowned. “Please remember that to them they were real. Don't you dare slip them anything.”
 
Sarah rolled her eyes. “If I do that then I'll go into a whole long spill about how I actually know you. Trust me. I'd rather keep our relationship between us and Crystal.”
 
“I agree.” He paused for a moment. “Tell me, why did you move into Trowa's apartment so fast? With me you never left your penthouse.”
 
Sarah bit her lower lip. “Because Zeon only knows about Trowa and no one else for some odd reason. Duo's been arrested multiple times; you blew yourself up on national television and Quatre disappeared from his business. Zeon's assassin said the same thing. They only know about him and not the others.”
 
“Trowa could've made Zeon madder than we did. After all Trowa isn't Trowa Barton.” Sarah looked at him questionably. “He took the real Trowa Barton's name after he was killed.”
 
“Then what's his name?”
 
“He only knows,” stated Heero. “I'm surprised you didn't notice.”
 
“So I missed a few things.”
 
“You didn't miss it with me.”
 
Sarah looked up into Heero's dark eyes. “That's because you were my target.”
 
“And Trowa wasn't?”
 
“He registered under that name and you weren't use to your new name yet. Trowa is.”
 
“By the way what lie did you tell Victor about Trowa? I'm sure he wants to know why he isn't dead.”
 
“Well I knew he wasn't going to believe that he committed suicide”-Heero smirked at that since that was his lie-“so I told him that Trowa wasn't a threat. And I know for a fact Victor wont say anything or do anything because he fears me and Crystal. If he does something then he looses us. Simple as pie.” Sarah stood up, straightened out her clothes and grabbed her jacket. “One more question: Should Crystal tell Duo?”
 
“Would you tell Trowa?”
 
“Maybe one day, but no.”
 
“There's your answer. I'll be seeing you at Crystal's congratulation party.”
 
“Of course.” She pulled on her jacket and went up to Heero. “Bye.” She kissed his cheek and left his penthouse. Sarah didn't waste any time by calling a taxi and getting home to Trowa.
 
 
 
 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hey everyone! Um to Ellie I hope this chapter cleared it up some for you about Sarah and Crystal's job and how they don't get in trouble either. Don't worry I planned on revealing on how Sarah and Heero met. Keep reading, thanks again!!