Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 32 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Leaving
 
Sarah was running once again. Not towards Trowa instead to Crystal's apartment building. She had left hours ago and hadn't called yet to tell Sarah if the pilots were leaving. Sarah knew that either Duo hadn't returned yet from the doctors or he had already left and Crystal was in shock.
 
She ran across the intersection being barely missed by a car that swerved to miss her. The driver yelled and honked his horn at her, but Sarah tuned everything out. She nearly missed the apartment building's door as she ran, but turned around and ran inside. The on lookers simply watched her knowing it was about the war. Everyone outside had been either running or driving like mad hatters trying to escape the city before Zeon came to destroy them.
 
Sarah got into the elevator and pushed Crystal's floor several times before the doors began to close. It went slowly up to the floor and the doors cracked open. Sarah slid between the doors and ran down the hallway towards Crystal's room. She didn't knock instead she went in.
 
Blaine slept peacefully in his crib. Apparently whatever he had swallowed wasn't that serious. Two traveling bags were placed next to the couch, full. One was Crystal's, the other's Blaine's. Crystal sat on the floor, back towards Sarah, piling Blaine's toys into another bag. Crystal's movements were stiff and slow.
 
“Please tell me Duo is in your room,” said Sarah.
 
Crystal glanced back. Her face was flushed with tears still in her eyes. “I wish. He left an hour ago with his fake draft paper.” She rubbed her eyes and turned back to packing. “Apparently the government is calling back all of the old soldiers. He told me to wait….for. Him. To. Come. Back!!!!!!!” Crystal now threw Blaine's toy fire truck at the wall. “IT'S NOT LIKE HE HAS A FUCKING WIFE OR ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!”
 
Blaine opened his eyes and looked around. He wasn't crying yet and fell back asleep. Sarah kneeled down to Crystal and hugged her as she cried.
 
“Where are you going?” asked Sarah.
 
“To my parents.” She then looked up at Sarah. “I'm taking Blaine there and then I'm coming back to help end this stupid war.”
 
Sarah shook her head. “No. Stay with Blaine and your parents. I can work alone.”
 
Crystal shook her head and looked over at Blaine. “I would rather know Blaine's safe with my parents while the war is going on.” She then looked at Sarah. “Why are you even here?”
 
Sarah raised an eyebrow. “Because you didn't call me about Duo.”
 
“Trowa's leaving too,” she stated. “Duo left his wife and son. What makes you think Trowa's going to stay for a girlfriend?”
 
Sarah paled and stood up. “When were they leaving?”
 
“The ticket said three.” The girls looked at the clock; 2:13pm. Crystal looked back up at Sarah. “I hope I'm wrong about Trowa.”
 
Sarah said nothing as she darted from the apartment door to the elevators. She went down to the lobby and ran out into the fast moving traffic. She didn't stop at the cross walks like before and was nearly smashed several times. As she neared her building the traffic was stopped going out of the city. Sarah slid through and on cars. She reached her apartment building and ran inside ignoring the protests of the other residents trying to leave through the doors.
 
Sarah, breathing hard, stood outside of the apartment. She didn't hear the television or radio from inside. She held her breath and opened the door. Her eyes went directly to the couch where Trowa sat with his traveling bag, packed and ready to go. He sat on the couch calmly, with his elbows on his knees, and his hands folded together. He was fully dressed to leave. Trowa looked up at Sarah with his sad green eyes.
 
Sarah's heart dropped. He was leaving. “W-Where are you going?” she breathed.
 
Trowa stood up and walked over to her. He grabbed her hands. “I have to go fight in the war.”
 
“You are a circus performer!” she hissed feeling the tears in her eyes. “You can't go fight!!!!”
 
He sighed and looked down. “I was a mechanic before a clown,” he lied. “They want me back.”
 
Sarah's forehead crinkled. Maybe this was how Trowa felt when she came home with the mysterious bruises and hospital bills. Angry for lying. Angry for not telling the truth. Angry for not just telling him what her real job was.
 
“I don't want you to go!” she protested grabbing his shirt.
 
Trowa was now for a loss of words. He looked at Sarah with such sadness and guilt. He had promised not to leave her, but that was before a war. He flipped her hair back and brushed away her few tears that had spilled over.
 
“I…..have to. They need me.”
 
Sarah shook her head and hugged him tightly. She closed her eyes tightly. Trowa hugged her back tightly. “I need you. Please don't leave,” she begged.
 
“I have to go.” Trowa then lifted up her chin to look down into her eyes. “Sarah, I'm not going to ask you to wait for me. If you find someone else that makes you happy then go for them-”
 
Sarah shook her head. Duo had asked Crystal to wait for him, but Trowa was setting her free. “You're the only one that makes me happy. I won't find anyone else.”
 
A little bit of life came back into Trowa's eyes as she said that. “If I'm not back after a year then forget about me.”
 
She narrowed her eyes at him. “No. The war could last longer than a year. I'm waiting.”
 
“I love you Sarah and I want you-”
 
Sarah kissed him roughly, pulling his head down to hers. She wrapped her other arm around his neck. Trowa kissed her back holding her head still with one hand while his other hand pushed her back up towards him. She could feel him getting hard as she rubbed up against him. Maybe he would stay now or-
 
He stopped and pulled away from her. “I have to go now,” he said quietly. “I left something on your pillow. I love you Sarah. Goodbye.”
 
Sarah stayed emotionless as Trowa swung his back over his shoulder and took one last look at her. “I love you Trowa.” He kissed her cheek and left.
 
Sarah stayed still for the longest time it felt like. Tears ran down her cheek and dripped down onto the floor. The apartment now seemed totally empty like it didn't exists. Then she blinked startling herself. She was now lying on the ground in an awkward position. Sarah sat up and looked around. The apartment had been thrown around and guessed that she did that.
 
Plates had been thrown at the wall. Cutting knives were stuck in the walls. The refrigerator door was opened with food lying on the floor. The chairs were knocked over on their sides and one even looked broken.
 
Sarah rubbed her face feeling the dried tears. She stood up and looked at the clock. It was 6pm. She moaned to herself trying to remember what had happened. She remembered Trowa leaving then spacing out and waking up on the ground. She sighed.
 
He left and I couldn't deal with it, was her passing thought as she went back to the bedroom. She flipped on the lights and gazed around. Trowa had left most of his clothes and other personal items. She noticed that picture of them together was missing from his dresser top. She then saw a little black box on her pillow. She cocked her head to the side.
 
“I left something on your pillow,” Trowa had said.
 
Sarah walked over to it and picked it up. It was lightweight square box. She opened it up and started to cry again. She fell onto the floor, curled up into a ball holding the small, diamond ring.
 
Quatre had been right. Heero was also right.
 
Sarah was going to die.