Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ How they Formed ❯ The Mystery Gang ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: read previous

Pairings: read previous

Warnings: read previous

How they formed Chapter 8: The Mystery Gang

"Hey Tro, did you get a glimpse of what that thief looked like? Then we can tell whether or not we've found the right person," Duo asked starting to fall asleep. They had only been there for a few moments, but it had been an exhausting day.

"Only that he has white long hair, and a voice deeper than my own. Anyone know what time it is," the taller youth then asked falling asleep too.

"11:35 or so, amazing how fast and how much has been happening today. You'd think a week has passed by, when in reality this is still our first day," the Japanese boy started to think out loud, also on the brink of sleep. Everything was quiet, and the rocks they were sitting on started to feel more than comfortable.

Suddenly, someone threw three rocks, aiming perfectly, and hitting each of them on the head. With a loud thump, they fell over, and immediately got back up to see who attacked them. It was then, that they saw the shadowy figure that had been watching them the whole time.

"Falling asleep isn't a good idea right now, which is why I threw those rocks. To wake you up, and make you realize that you should run," the figure said eerily. He stepped out of the shadows, revealing he had long nearly white hair, and a metal mask that covered the top half of his face.

"Man, he's a tall fucker too," Duo said, still sleepy. This apparently pissed said tall fucker, and he screamed loudly, "I'm going to kill you!!!"

"Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh," Trowa, Duo, and Heero yelled at once, and quickly ran like hell. They were able to hear curses, growls, and grunts coming from their chaser, and they just kept on screaming like girls. They soon got lost within the tunnels like before, and started to yell what ever was on their minds.

"This is worst than being chased by Simba our lion," Trowa yelled, running in the middle. Running in back, Heero yelled towards the braded one, "If I don't make it, I love you Duo!!"

"This really sucks," the braded one known as Duo yelled out, in the lead of the group. He then made a quick turn, and the others soon followed. At first not knowing, they arrived within the cove where the trap was set up.

Not knowing what the trap was like, Duo accidentally tripped over one of the wires, and ended up rolling onto to Wufei, who had been hidden. Making the same mistake, Trowa also tripped over a wire, but landed on Quatre instead. Heero was the only one to avoid the wires, and quickly run to where Duo had landed.

All of this left their chaser confused, and he stood in the middle of the trap like they wanted. Pulling their strings, the covered up net rose up, and lifted him into the air.

"Yes! We've got the longhaired thief," they said together in triumph.

"I'll go get Noin, you guys make sure he doesn't get out," the Chinese boy said running quickly out of the cove. The others nodded, and decided to wait for a few moments.

/They work well as a team. Noin owes me a dollar, / Zechs thought to himself quietly, and just hung in the air as if he was angry. Yet he only had to wait for a few moments, as the Chinese boy brought her, and the other contestants arrived to see the scene as well.

"Well, well, well, you actually caught the longhaired thief," the blue-haired woman said walking around underneath the net. As she did this, the others realized they had finished the job. They would get the money, and go on their separate ways again.

"It's been nice working with ya Tro, Q, and Wufei," Duo started to say. It was then that the thief was dropped from the net. Everyone gasped, and expected him to run out and kill someone. Instead, he removed his mask, and the models that had arrived there too, fainted.

"My name is Milliardo Peacecraft, but call me Zechs. I'm the real owner of Swans inc. and I have created this contest in order to get an investigative group together. You see, my sister, Relena Peacecraft, has been kidnapped. It has been a month now, and I need someone to go and help me find her. Since you have succeeded this little contest, you, are now the mystery gang."

"Uh…cool," was all Duo could say. The others were speechless for a second, but Wufei was able to ask, "After we save your sister, then what?"

"You'll continue to work for me solving mysteries. Now follow me, I'll show you the contract," Zechs said leading them into another room. The other contestants were dismissed, and got a free ride home at least.

"I'll provide you with a vehicle, and passports to go all over the colonies, and earth for free. You will be paid each time you solve the case, and for the time being, I'll give each of you a thousand dollars for the contest. Also, you have a full two days to pack if you sign this contract, and then you'll be off towards earth, and you're first mystery," Zechs explained, and showed them the contract.

Each of them thought for a few moments, and wondered whether or not they should accept this job. They would be paid, would travel for free, be together, solve mysteries, and get paid. The being paid meant a lot, and when they thought about it, they had no real reason to not sign, except for Trowa.

"I have a sister," he started to say, but was interrupted, "Let me guess, you're part of a traveling circus, and you want to get you and your sister out of it? Don't worry, I'll have her work here, and keep her safe for you."

"How did you know," Trowa asked a bit confused.

"Well, this whole place is bugged. So I know what all of you said when you fell into the pit, what you said before I grabbed you from the crate, and what you said when I chased you. Now are you going to sign?"

Again, each of the boys looked towards one another, then thought, to hell with it, and signed the contract. And that is how they formed people.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

Their first mystery case is of course, saving Relena, and then they have to have another mystery after that. Right now I'm going to work on that next story, okay?