Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ In The Bedroom ❯ Night 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In The Bedroom: Night 15

Door opens. Door closes. Heero didn't bother to look up. He knew those feet, knew how they fell just so on the floor and made no sound. At least, no sound you could hear. But Heero heard; he heard the silence and the silence spoke to him.

He waited in the dark for some sign of life, some small sound, a word, a plea, anything. His companion was silent.

"Hn." Was he injured?

Still no comment as he finally heard the thump of a dropped bag, the soft hiss of cloth over skin and then…a body, collapsing, falling on a bed, or what passed for one. He waited, waited some more, and finally accepted.

Standing quickly, Heero studied the gaunt form in the dark. Spread out across the bed, the limbs were already tangled about the sheets. There were scratches marring the skin; hundreds of tiny red lines. It took only a second to identify their cause. The clothes on the floor were covered in cement dust.

That wasn't what caught his attention. The braid fanned out across the pillow, untied and falling apart, falling loose, falling…A hand reached out and fingers slipped through the unfamiliar substance. It was knotted, thick with mud.

Where have you been?

Heero crept back to his bed and slipped under the covers, the smell of dirt his lullaby.