Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ In The Bedroom ❯ Night 28 ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
In The Bedroom: Night 28

In The Bedroom: Night 28

Duo Maxwell lay on his back on a pile of rubble in the middle of a dark yard and watched the moon lazily slide through the dark expanse. Only he wasn't watching the moon. Not really. He was watching the stars it passed, watching as it left them behind, as it moved on…and knowing it would return tomorrow night, unable to stay away.

Yet he stayed away. A long way away. A dirty, rusting laptop rested near his knees, blinking its fake messages throughout time and space, leading anyone searching on a chase that would take eons. Duo Maxwell knew perfectly well that even Heero Yuy didn't have that long, even if he cared to try, which Duo doubted he did.

How long had it been? It was hard to say, hard to recall. A lot of things were just too hard. That never used to stop him, but…Sometimes things change. They just do. And we leave things behind.

Glancing at the ratty clock radio that still didn't work Duo grinned, a half hearted quirk of the lips that never reached the eyes. He needed something, or no presence at all. No warmth, no time, no life. Just a…state of being. In his mind's eye the wings were burning, the moon was falling and the stars were all screaming goodbye for the last time.

So Duo watched it pass with them. And he said goodbye.