Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Jaaku na Gundam ❯ Shinigami Isn’t A Demon ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
AC 201 Heero and Wufei are preventors called in for an accident on a sweeper ship captained by Duo.  However it was no accident there’s a killer on board and it isn’t human.  If you like suspense and gore you’ll like this horror story.  (At least I’m hoping to create suspense I believed I managed it.)   Disclaimer:  I don’t own these characters I only get my jollies off on torturing them and my readers with horrible gory stories like the one below.  Bandia and a bunch of other rich and talented folk own these characters.  Please don’t’sue me. Warnings: Rated R just to be on the safe side contains yaoi, gore and minor amounts of smut. Secondary warning:  I don’t think my stories are scary, not to me personally but I have gotten that in my feedback (few as there was but there was some).  A kind reviewer wrote to me and said, “don’t change your style of writing.  It’s yours.  There are people out there that will appreciate it.”  I thank that person.  So I haven’t toned it down or changed how I write but I am giving you fair warning.       Jaaku na Gundam (English Translation The Evil Gundam)            

Chapter 9

   

Shinigami Isn’t A Demon

    When they got to the hangar.  Heero felt a real sense of danger.  He nearly shouted.  “Don’t open that door.” This time he was not alone.  He could see frowns and looks of concern on all those around him.  Even the two guards that were trailing Quatre tensed their hands moving a little closer to the guns. “There might be some drops of water floating around in some areas,” Duo warned them. “Gravity had been restored but it’s been unstable.” Before Heero could ask why the bay’s main door opened.  The smell of old cooper pipes filled the air and Heero felt like spitting to clear his mouth.  He saw Wufei winkle his nose.  They all hesitated not wanting to walk into that big empty bay. “Is it safe?” Trowa asked suddenly.  “It smells like—like electricity.  I feel a strong sense of ozone, in the air.” “Yes,” Quatre said softly.  “I sense it to.” Duo didn’t answer he just continued to limp into the open space.  Not just electricity, Heero thought silently.  He followed behind with every step getting heavier and heavier they were halfway in to bay when he heard Wufei’s gasped of surprise. Heero looked through the metal scaffolding in front of the suit.  Jaaku na had changed.  It was bigger he was sure of it.  When he first saw it the suit had been smaller than their Gundams now the suit was the same size. That was not the only thing that was different.  The arms had encasements on them sheathing some kind of weapon.  The hands were different the knuckles were raised forming long ridges that ended in spikes. Reluctantly the group grew closer.  The smell was definitely coming from the suit.  Duo stopped in front of the lift to the control platform. “Wait,” Quatre said.  He was panting and a little wild eyed.  “We can see from here that the suit is different—even the color is different.” “You painted it?” Wufei asked his voice strained. The suit was no longer that pale pinkish white color.  It was now green tinged.  An unhealthy looking flesh tone color that more resembled dead skin streaked and patched with splotches of black.  Heero knew it was dried blood. “Ron was not dead when we got this suit into the base,” Duo told them his eyes distant seeing what had happened.  “We could hear him, he was talking to us when we tried to open the hatch.” “Duo that’s not possible,” Sally said hesitant to interrupt him.  “My autopsy showed, he bleed to death, his lungs were crushed probably from the suit’s propulsion.” “He talked to me even after we got the hatch open,” Duo continued.  “He said, ‘now I know Shinigami isn’t a demon.’ before his eyes glazed over.” Something cool brushed Heero’s cheek.  He jumped and his hand rose quickly to brush the matter away.  His fingers came away wet with some kind of water.  When he looked at his hand he realized that it was blood. “The crew that came in to clean up all the bl—fluids was electrocuted.  We had restored the gravity so they could use water.  A power surge from a suit that had no power—they didn’t have a chance.”  Duo looked right at Heero causing everyone to notice the blood smear on his cheek and hand.  “The surge caused the zero gravity to kick back in and shut down life support.  When we opened the bay pools of bloody water were floating everywhere with half charred bodies.  The suit had changed to this color.” They all looked at the suit.  Then looked around nervously.  As if reading their thoughts Duo told them of the last incident. “After we got most of the water out, I sealed off this bay.  I created a skeleton crew and called Heidi to pick up the men.  I was not going to keep endangering my men.”  Duo glanced this time at the side of the bay.  They all turned to see a large patch covering the wall that led to the out side of the ship.  “It shot the small crew shuttle before the men could get away.” “It targeted the ship from in here,” Heero asked looking up again at the suit.  “Did you get sensor readings before the accident?” When Duo didn’t bother to answer him, they all took that to mean no. “What we need to do is assess the capabilities of the suit,” Quatre said after Duo’s silence.  “That way we can know what we’re dealing with.” “Mister Winner I can’t have you go any closer to that suit,” said one the bodyguards that had followed them. The two men had been so quite that Heero had almost forgotten about them, almost.  The one speaking was a dark haired man that reminded Heero of Rasshid only he was younger. “The captain here has just said the suit is unpredictable and unsafe,” He continued. “I don’t want to do this either however I am the only person capabile of recognizing the work of person or people who could be responsible for this monstrosity,” Quatre told him. “Sir, it is our job to honor and protect you,” the man pressed. “And this is my job,” Quatre said almost angrily.  “And the men who died it was theirs?” “You’re not going to gainsay him,” Heero told the two.  “The platform is big enough for all of us.” Heero leapt onto it the lift followed by Wufei, Quatre and the two guards.  The lift was actually a narrower than the platform and they were crowded in together. “I’ll stay here,” Trowa said to them.  “It would be foolish for us to all bunch up.” “I’ll stay here too,” Sally said.  “I won’t be much help unless you need medical attention.” “Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that,” Quatre said softly. “Heidi stay here,” Duo told her as he pulled away to operate the lift. “But Duo!” “I’m not going to be running around,” Duo told her firmly.  “If I need support, I’ll lean on Heero. He’s very strong.” Heidi glanced at Heero a stubborn look on her face.  Heero stood there stiffly refusing to look at either of them.  The group noticed the tension between the three.  Only the guards were unaware of the emotionally charge atmosphere.      TBC       Author’s Note:  I’d like to thank everyone for the reviews and the show of support.  You’re enjoyment and encouragement means a lot.  As for future reviewers please let me know what you think.  Don’t be shy, I don’t bite –Ani.