Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Jokers Wild ❯ Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Six

"Fei, what are you doing?" Trowa muttered plaintively. "I know you can't want to sleep with me..."

"I had a nightmare," Wufei muttered, curling up to Trowa's back.

"I think I'm having one," Trowa muttered dryly.

"I'm sorry," Wufei muttered, pressing his forehead against Trowa's shoulder-blade. "Jin has a girl, and..."

"And you don't want to be alone," Trowa finished with a sigh.

"You smell...familiar," Wufei muttered quietly.

"All I smell is grease," Blake muttered tiredly. "We've figured out Wufei is sleeping with us, right?" he muttered to Trowa.

Trowa smiled slightly at that, rolling his head back slightly as the room quieted.

"You smell...right," Wufei muttered quietly. "You smell safe," he added in Chinese.

Trowa sighed, reaching his hand back to squeeze Wufei's thigh briefly. If Wufei weren't genuinely upset, he'd have made an attempt at seduction so Wufei would try and fight him. That would put them closer to even-ground...normal ground.

As for smelling right or safe, Trowa was at a loss, and he could feel Wufei fading into sleep. The other had been tense when he'd first crawled into the bed.

Trowa'd been pretty sure his friend was trying more shit at that point—he'd nearly gotten them all roped into a sit-down lunch with some notable something from somewhere before Heero'd come in and deflected the invitation. When Heero had told them about having to work the way he had, they'd all sort of wondered why Wufei had been left to talk with the notables, anyway...and Wufei'd had a good hour's laugh. Quatre had been half incensed by it all, which was why the laugh had been that long.

Coupling that bit of mischief with the conversation he'd been having right before, and it seemed to line up much closer to Wufei fucking around than Wufei upset.

Trowa wondered what Wufei would think if he realized that Blake was naked under the sheets. Heero'd been teasing Trowa about it throughout the evening, but he hadn't been wrong. As soon as Blake had gotten him alone he'd practically stripped Trowa on the spot. Trowa'd done the happily tortursome thing of making love, too...sort of funny, really, to think that Wufei had to know that.

...but that meant that Wufei was really upset.

. . .Wufei gasped. The room was dark and stiflingly hot, and Wufei was drenched in sweat. There was blood dripping down his arm, and he looked like he probably had a fever.

Trowa opened his eyes, his heart-rate settling as he realized that Blake was curled into his chest and Wufei was wrapped around him from behind.

What had that been?

Trowa swallowed as he searched his memory, blinking slightly as Blake's hand moved along his back. His boyfriend had his arm draping over Trowa so his hand was across his shoulder-blade—quite near Wufei's face, actually.

Oh this was lovely.

Trowa grinned wryly to himself as he relaxed again, realizing that he'd been concerned about Wufei in the dream.

Wufei's body tightened, and he pulled himself off of Trowa, laying very still.

Trowa grinned slightly, deciding not to let the other know he was awake. Wufei had never consciously decided to cuddle with him, and waking up like that was probably exasperating.

"Don't even pretend to be asleep," Wufei hissed.

Trowa snickered, trying not to wake his lover. "I was giving you tatters of dignity," he retorted.

"Gah..." Wufei muttered rolling away so they were back to back. "I can't..."

Trowa shook his head, then grinned. "Blake is naked."

Wufei grunted at that.

"I'm just warning you," Trowa noted quietly.

"As long as he doesn't wake me up if he decides to fuck you again..."

Trowa snickered at that, then yawned. "I had a dream about you."

"Oh god," Wufei groaned. "Don't tell me."

Trowa grinned at that, shifting Blake so he could lay more comfortably—and that was how Blake was supposed to feel, so he probably slept like that all the time. He yawned.

Wufei sighed, shifting back around into him again. "It was...the colony," Wufei said quietly into his spine.

Trowa sighed, shifting his arm back so he was hugging his friend as best he could laying like they were. He could feel the tenseness return as Wufei shifted to hold that arm in place.

He had a feeling he'd regret that in the morning—his arm was bound to fall asleep—but if Wufei needed someone, he wasn't chasing him off, naked boyfriend or no.

- -

"You have fun last night?"

Wufei jumped awake, staring up blankly at Duo's smirkily happy look.

"Ooh, you got a threesome?" Heero asked eagerly from beyond. "And here I thought it'd be me'n Matty you experimented with."

Blake started laughing weakly.

Wufei blinked up at the males in confusion, then realized he was totally plastered to Trowa's back.

Trowa started laughing silently.

"Uh..." Wufei muttered, starting to pull away.

"We get to hear all these details?" Duo asked Wufei happily.

"Duo, stop teasing," Quatre chided from the door, though he was amused too.

"Oh, come on..." Duo's voice was half-cajoling.

Blake nearly shrieked as Duo yanked the bedding, and the younger male tumbled with the blankets to the floor, giggling weakly.

"Did you have fun?" Matty asked, his tone perplexed.

"He had a nightmare," Trowa informed Duo, sitting up and stretching. "Mm, but I feel good..."

Duo, who'd been laughing since Blake went off the bed, started laughing even harder.

"What the hell?" Quatre asked happily. He and Heero were standing in the door, each leaning against the frame. Matty was a few steps into the room, and Duo was standing at the bed's edge.

"Trowa...caught us...cheating?" Wufei asked curiously.

Trowa himself started snickering wickedly.

"Okay...I'm sure that should have made sense," Heero noted happily.

Trowa snickered more. "I told Blake that if I caught them cheating, I'd take Wufei to bed with us."

Blake burrowed under the blankets on the floor.

"Are you naked?" Matty demanded after a moment. "Blake?"

Blake started snickering again.

"You know, I do envy the sex you got last night," Heero informed Trowa with a wicked grin.

Matty turned to give him a very level look.

Wufei started laughing himself, then pulled his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs as he sighed. He dropped his head onto them, and met eyes with his friends.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Quatre asked quietly.

Wufei focused across the room as he thought about that, then shrugged. "I dreamed about the colony exploding," he muttered. "I couldn't be alone anymore...and Jin and I would have cried all night."

Trowa shifted, pulling Wufei to his side wordlessly. Matty and Blake seemed to understand how serious a statement that was, because they stopped whispering and snickering together to look up at Trowa.

"Blake needs to get dressed," Trowa said quietly, meeting eyes. "I should probably get more'n boxers on, too."

"I like my idea better," Duo informed them happily leaning down to pull Matty up by the waist. "It's kinkier."

"Holding my boyfriend like that isn't the time to use that word," Heero noted skeptically.

Duo flashed him a brief grin as Matty broke away from him, then shook his head to smile at Trowa. The group of them were gone in a second, and Trowa looked down to Blake.

Blake was eyeing Wufei.

"I don't want to fuck you," Wufei informed him grumpily, leaning against Trowa. "You can be naked and I won't care."

Blake smiled at that, then frowned a bit. "Are you okay?"

"I will be," Wufei sighed, pressing his eyes into his forearms. "In a bit."

Trowa rubbed at his back, then slid off the bed and helped Blake stand.

There was no point in dwelling, and that's all they'd do if Trowa didn't get things moving.

- -

"I don't want to pilot anymore."

Duo turned to look at Wufei blankly.

Wufei was looking at Heero.

"Wait..." Matty protested, sitting up straighter.

"I can't pilot anymore," Wufei persisted, meeting eyes with Matty. "Not in space."

"But that means..." Matty looked around desperately to Trowa, then to Duo.

"I'll do it," Jinli said quietly.

"Yes!" Matty muttered half desperately, turning appealing eyes onto Heero. "Please."

Heero studied him, fingering his spoon a moment, then looked around to Trowa...then Duo.

Duo pursed his lips, looking to Trowa himself, then Quatre. After a moment, he focused on Jin.

"I think it's space, near a colony," Wufei muttered, moving to sit in the chair left for him as he looked out at the blackness beyond the window. "Last night, I..."

"Why us?" Blake asked curiously. "I'd think that Quatre and Duo would be doubly comforting."

"Trowa...is familiar," Wufei said, looking away.

"And that is beside the point," Duo added in a quiet voice as he considered the two Asian men.

"What?" Blake asked, looking back to him.

"If Wufei doesn't pilot Demigod, that leaves it to Heero in most technical ways..."

"Please," Matty muttered, covering his face with his hands.

"I...would rather..." Heero hesitated, looking between Matty and Wufei. "I don't want to fight in space, either," he looked around to all of them. "On earth, I would take Demigod," he considered Jinli a long time in silence.

Jinli looked around to all of them, waiting.

"I have no fear of space," Heero said quietly. "I have no fear of fighting, but..."

Trowa bowed his head.

"I know I'm not part of your team," Jinli muttered, looking between Quatre and Duo. "I know I wasn't trained with you...but where Wufei falters, I want to carry us."

Quatre bowed his head.

Duo studied Jinli as Wufei gave the man a level look, realizing that they needed a consensus. He looked to Blake.

"What?" Blake asked quietly, blinking at him.

"What do you think of Jinli fighting instead of Heero?"

"If that's what he wants," Blake said nervously, looking them all over. "I mean...we did those tests, and he said himself that he could have been the pilot of...of Shenlong," he glanced briefly at Wufei. "He has the skills, and you're all insisting that this fighting isn't nearly as...hard...as it was during the wars. If Trowa agrees, so do I."

"Duo," Wufei said quietly, "Heero's not only living for himself now. He's not worried about the fighting, but think about what's happened? Quatre's fighting now because of you. Matty doesn't have those resources to fall back on."

"I think you misunderstand," Duo noted, looking from face to face. "If Jinli will fight, we have the suit...but if any of us has any doubt on the matter, it needs spoken now. Are you okay with Jinli fighting in your place?"

Wufei stared at him a long moment, then met eyes with his friend. "I think I have to be," he said. "I've asked an awful lot of Jin since I found him again—I think it's time for me to make some concessions."

"Do you doubt his skill?" Duo persisted. "Do you doubt his mental capacity? Could he stand the battle stress if shit goes down?"

Wufei thought about that, focusing to the side a long moment, then started to shake his head...before nodding firmly. It wasn't a denial changed to agreement, it was more 'there is nothing to say' followed by agreement.

Duo looked to Matty.

"I don't want Heero piloting," Matty said, bowing his head.

"That's not a reason to agree," Duo noted seriously.

Matty looked up at him.

"Matty couldn't stand the stress of it if shit went down," Heero noted, grinning very slightly. "Everyone but you has said yes."

"No, he said yes," Jinli noted, vaguely amused. "He just wants to be dramatic before he agrees properly."

Duo gave that man a look. For all that he hadn't been around that long, he was falling quite happily into the habits of the group.

Jinli grinned.

Duo sat back and shrugged slightly. "When we're done eating, we'll go hop into the void," he stated. "That way you can get used to the handling. The whip isn't really the same as the dragons, is it?" he looked to Wufei.

"Close enough," Wufei shrugged.

"Alright," Duo muttered, looking everyone else over. "I guess it's settled, then."

"I'm sorry," Wufei said quietly, looking away. "I can just tell that my dream last night was only the beginning."

"As long as you're okay," Duo said quietly, meeting his friend's eyes. "In the end, that's the part that really matters."

Wufei smiled slightly and nodded.

"I think I just lost my appetite," Jin muttered, staring at his plate.

Duo made an amused noise. "Eat anyway."

- -

"You're okay," Wufei reassured Jin as the Asian male fell from the end of the tow-rope, pulling him back up from the floor before he'd settled. "You're alright..."

"I'm okay," Jin agreed, though he was shaking hard. "It's just...I really just piloted that suit..."

"Yeah, you're okay," Wufei said, a smile crossing his face. "I just said that...take a breath. He needs a drink," Wufei noted, turning to focus on Jaden, who was standing near with an almost exasperated expression.

"I guess we'll just have to have a bucket and bottle waiting when he comes back from fighting," Jaden noted dryly to Qingfu.

"Don't be mean," Qingfu chided.

"I'm not being mean. Some men need the bucket and bottle after a fight...it's just how it is."

"I'll be okay," Jinli said, looking around to him. The shaking had subsided, and he seemed to have calmed. He looked around as Duo dropped from Deathscythe, strolling toward them with interest.

"How'd he do?" Jaden muttered to Duo.

"He did fine," Duo shrugged. "We had him tested back in LA at one point, so we know he can, it's just a question of a real battle."

"I really...I'm going to be fighting," Jinli muttered to Wufei, studying his eyes. "Really."

Wufei smiled slightly grimly at him, looking away a moment.

"We got a note that a ship from the ESA wants to dock for a transfer," Jaden noted curiously to the group of them. "I didn't get why, though. You guys order anything?"

"They might just be doing a routine refill," Duo suggested as Wufei grinned wickedly to Jin.

"What did you do?" Jinli asked in a low voice.

"It's a routine refill," Wufei returned easily, moving closer to the rest. "We thought you shouldn't be playing with large weapons in space when they were coming in for it."

"Sound, I suppose," Duo muttered, shrugging a bit. "Where is everyone?"

"They're coming," Qingfu noted, gesturing back toward the entryway. "We should probably move."

"Oh, that's right, the big vacuum of space," Duo turned to look at Wufei and Jin a moment, then grinned and followed.

Actually, there was no one on the deck at all. That suggested to Duo that they'd called them in close, not that anyone should have been around for the suits re-docking. But that was still beyond the point.

Duo frowned as he tossed his helmet into a cubby. Jinli followed suit, and before long they were in the adjacent room. "I need my hair cut again," Duo muttered wryly to Wufei. "I never used to need my hair cut."

"Bullshit," Wufei retorted, unzipping Jin's suit. "You always got it cut, like, every three months or something like that."

"Should I grow it again?" Duo muttered, collecting the longer-than-shoulder-length stuff into his hand as he thought.

"No," Wufei returned, rolling his eyes. "You should get it cut to normal boy-length and have someone style it."

Duo and Jin both looked at him pointedly.

"I never had the balls to change my hairstyle," Wufei informed them both, almost defensively.

"I somehow doubt that," Qingfu noted, watching as the two pilots stripped from their flight-suits.

"Are you watching my husband?" Wufei asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'd say you're beyond stupid," Jinli muttered, dropping to the bench, "but I think that'd be counterproductive at this point."

Wufei beamed at him.

"Are you watching his husband?" Jaden demanded dryly, moving away from the communication panel he'd been messing with.

"I was, he has an interesting bulge," Qingfu gestured suggestively.

Jaden looked.

Wufei doubled over laughing, as Jinli straightened to raise his eyebrows—Jaden, though, turned away hard, starting to curse.

Qingfu snickered, looking around to Duo. "You ever do that to Quatre?"

"I can't pull it off," Duo noted, rolling his eyes. "Quatre catches my emotions when I do shit like that—though I must say that's impressive, he's still embarrassed."

Wufei laughed even harder, then darted out of reach as Jinli smacked at him. He darted for the far wall...and flew at it much higher and easier than he'd meant to as the bay-doors opened to let the visiting ship in.

"Whoa," Jinli muttered, stopping. Gravity wasn't gone, exactly, but half as effective.

Wufei half-perched to show his old friend how 'old-hat' that sort of nonsense was, but was falling before he could do the smirk thing. He landed it easily, turning to look at the others.

"Why are you trying to impress him?" Duo asked curiously, tilting his head a little. "I thought you weren't trying to get in his bed."

"And that's what I want you to think," Wufei agreed primly, moving to lounge at the exit.

"If I trusted myself to do it, I'd kick your ass," Jin informed him, sitting carefully down again.

There was a snicker in the hall.

"You're going to hurt yourself," Trowa chided. "Stop bouncing around like a maniac. If you're up too high when gravity comes back..."

The ship shuddered very slightly as the bay-doors closed...and Matty yelped.

"He warned you," Heero noted dryly.

"Good thing you were there to catch me, oh my hero," Matty cooed.

"Guh..." Blake muttered. "Trowa, I think Matty is giving me diabetes."

Trowa laughed happily at that, hitting the button and stopping to look at them all curiously.

"Routine refill?" Duo offered.

"Sounds good to me," Trowa returned, shrugging as he turned and hit the button to open the hatch. That was followed by several seals closing and the oxygen refilling the area.

"You play, too?" he asked Jinli.

"Wufei was," Jinli returned, rolling his eyes. "He jumped up the wall, but he was on the ground again before the gravity came back."

"I always want it to catch him," Trowa mused, flashing Wufei a smirk. "But he knows the pattern too well to be caught."

"Hi, Jin," Blake smiled at him.

Jin blinked, then smiled back at the kid.

"Hi, Duo," Blake added, moving around to hug him.

"He's feeling...snuggly?" Trowa offered. "I think he was trying to get me in bed, but I have stuff to do...for now."

Blake snickered, moving around to be under his arm as the seals opened.

"Why do I sometimes think you're all too normal to be war heroes?" Jaden muttered dryly as they all started into the docking area. "Every now and again you just...strike me as normal."

"That is weird," Duo muttered, kissing at Quatre again.

"You guys," Heero warned. "That's an ESA ship."

"Ooh," Duo separated from Quatre, though Blake didn't bother. At the same time, though, Trowa had never been the kind to follow protocol—he bitched at all of them about it, sure, but him doing it? Not as consistent.

"Alright," the man in charge muttered. "I have three cases of baked goods, three cases of juice, two cases of water, and a canister of oxygen."

They all stared at him.

"Thank you," Wufei said happily, moving forward to take the clipboard. "How considerate."

The guy gave him a confused look as Wufei signed with a flourish.

"Come again?" Jaden muttered, stopping near him.

"Three cases of baked goods," the man repeated, gesturing toward the back of the ship as the men hauled the boxes from their machine. "It's mixed goods, from bread to cakes...pies, too."

"Cookies?" Wufei persisted.

"Sugar, chocolate...I forget what all. It was a mixed order," he smiled a bit. "Three cases of various juices...and the water and oxygen are normal dispense."

"Thank you," Wufei said again happily.

"No problem, Brigadier," he muttered, saluting, then tilted his head. "Oh, there's more, huh?" he shook his head, clicking buttons on his clipboard. "That's right...a case of bedding, special order," the man flashed Trowa a wicked grin. "A case of toiletries," another flash at Trowa. "...and a case of underthings."

Wufei's smile was the widest it had ever been that Heero could remember...and he had a feeling this was his fault.

"We also have the single-order fatigues," the man added, turning and reaching into the ship.

Quatre was staring at Wufei.

"...who...let...Wufei...talk alone?" Duo demanded, looking between them all.

Wufei started cackling happily as the clothes were passed into his arms. The man's expression had changed to highly amused at some point, and he started snickering as he passed the clipboard over a second time.

"You're a marvel," Wufei complimented the man happily. "Thank you for your help."

The man laughed as he shook Wufei's hand, then forced himself to sober and saluted the others...without meeting eyes.

"Oh good god, what toiletries did you order?" Duo muttered, closing his eyes again.

Wufei's laughter turned real...and he bounced toward the men unloading the boxes.

Jinli looked to Duo nervously.

"Brigadiers," the man muttered, saluting them with a grin. "I hope you have a very enjoyable evening."

Matty started snickering.

"Oh my god," Quatre breathed, staring at the pile of stuff. "I'm going to kill him."

Blake started snickering too.

"Wasn't this nice of the ESA?" Wufei chirped happily as he pulled the lid off a box.

The group of them wandered toward the boxes, dumbstruck.

"Oh look!" Wufei added cheerily, turning to Jinli. "There are sugar cookies in here! They look soft!" he dug a package out and opened it, offering one to his friend.

Jin was laughing weakly as he took three, not meeting eyes.

"Oh! And Duo!" Wufei reached down again. "Look! Fudge!"

Duo closed his eyes, taking a long slow breath before reaching over to grab the package.

"Isn't this odd?" Wufei continued on blithely, obviously ready to dance as he pulled out another package. "Chocolate covered...ooh," Heero'd snatched the things. "Oh, and what is this?" Wufei purred, digging down in...and slowly pulling something up as Quatre shifted forward slightly.

"Why...if it's not...it can't be!" he turned away before Quatre could reach for him. "Why, it's cinnamon rolls! Who in the world ordered us cinnamon rolls?"

Quatre basically started giggling, darting forward to snatch the package from Wufei...and smack his arm for good measure.

"Hm," Wufei added as he considered the next package. "Now this is an odd one...cream-filled éclairs," he looked up. "Why Trowa, I do believe someone thought of you."

Trowa smiled broadly at him, taking the package and moving to sit on the floor to dig into it.

"What else did they manage to bring?" Jinli asked dryly, glancing between Blake and Matty.

"Hm, this...why in the world?" he muttered, pulling out a package of cake things. They were both red and white, and looked moist.

Matty squeaked, diving in and getting those before Wufei could say more, moving to join Trowa.

Blake gave Wufei a curious look.

"It's just the weirdest thing," Wufei muttered pleasantly, digging again. "I have my swirl roll thingies...but what else is in here?"

"I never even told you my favorite," Blake protested.

"Hm," Wufei agreed, pursing his lips in mock thought. "That is true...so it makes me wonder...why in the world is there a bunch of red-velvet squares in here?"

Blake squeaked at him, diving in to dig a package out and stare at it excitedly. After a moment, he looked up to Wufei with almost rapture in his eyes. "Thank you!"

Wufei smiled at him, digging out a package of chocolate and cream swirls as he looked to Jin.

"You're proud of yourself, aren't you?" Jin accused.

"Oh sure," Wufei agreed happily, starting to eat and close his eyes. "It's a game with us—I don't know why those geniuses left me to talk to the officials yesterday, but they did."

"How much shit did you order?" Jin asked, looking at the piles of boxes.

"It's all actually sort of treat stuff," Wufei noted, looking the boxes over. "I want juice, of course, but I think the kids will absolutely love all this," he gestured at the baked stuff. "I figure we each get two packages, then dispense the rest to the ship."

"I don't suppose you're my friend, are you?" Qingfu muttered, nearing to glance at the box.

"Hm," Wufei purred, considering the male a long moment. "It's very strange to me," he added happily, ducking his hand in again as he ate his cookie. "But there does seem to be this...this package of cheesecake cups."

Qingfu squeaked, darting forward eagerly.

"But I don't know if they're for you," Wufei teased, not letting the man grab the package. "I mean, they could just have slipped in there by mistake..."

Qingfu bounced eagerly at him.

Wufei laughed, passing the package over. Jaden was moving forward, and Wufei dug in again to pull out yellow looking cake-things. He tossed those to the captain, and the man stared at the package in disbelief.

"You're all thrilled for this," Wufei noted happily. "And for the juice, I'm sure...but you don't know what else I ordered, do you?" he beamed at them all happily, digging out another package of rolls. "And since you'll all hate me on some level," he beamed more at them, "I'm gonna run! Bring me some juice," he muttered to Blake...and started skipping for the stairs.

"This is your fault," Heero accused Quatre.

"No, it's yours," Quatre shot back. "I was talking to Matty."

"But you're supposed to notice him pulling stuff," Heero accused.

"I don't understand, what is this?" Jaden gave them curious looks.

"Oh, those toiletries he ordered are likely to contain lube, condoms, and spermicide," Trowa shrugged. "There's a chance it'll even be the his-and-her variety of lube, too. There'll likely be the normal soap, deodorant, and shampoos mixed in...but considering that we were told to have a good night, I imagine..."

"Barton?" one of the men offloading stuff asked, moving around with a brown bag in his hands. "Brigadier Barton?"

Trowa stared at him.

"It's...here," Blake indicated Trowa.

"The magazines you ordered," the man tried to maintain a straight face as he passed that over. It cracked, though, after a moment, and he looked away. "I'm sorry," he said, meeting eyes again. "Our lieutenant noted that this seems to be half a gag-delivery...so...um...Yuy?"

Heero raised his hand, his expression skeptical as he got a similar bag to Trowa's.

"And this is for...Maxwell," he looked around, passing that over too.

"That's not for me, is it?" Quatre asked, blinking at the last.

"No, actually," the man returned, considering it. "This is a gift for the Supreme Commander."

Jaden stared at him.

Qingfu leaned forward, accepting the package curiously. The brown bags tended to contain pornographic material...and all the bags were slightly different.

"This had to have been more than his contact," Quatre noted as Duo snickered. He'd opened his own little bag.

"Um, he listed a few specific things," the man noted in amusement. "But aside from that, he asked that one Colonel Lucretzia Noin assist."

Matty started snickering wickedly, yanking the bag from Heero's hand.

The man smiled at them all, saluting. "Good day. The deck should be cleared."

"Of course," Duo agreed dryly, rolling his eyes.

"Let's go kick his ass," Trowa suggested pleasantly, hopping up to dig into the baked goods box. "You know where he'll be, Jin?"

"I assume hiding by the children," Jinli noted, digging himself. "We'll have to organize a search."

Matty managed to cackle, darting over to show something to Blake—it made Blake start snickering as the two started for the ship-proper with their heads together.

Trowa rolled his eyes, digging more of the red-velvet things out as Heero moved up beside him.

Jackass Wufei might be, but he could temper any mischief with pleasure—and they found it hard to properly reprimand him when he did it, too.

It really was Quatre's fault, no matter what was in those toiletry orders. He glanced curiously at the other boxes.

They'd have to investigate all the rest of it...later.